Guiltily, I say nothing

Mea Maxima Culpa

A/N - Okay, a little bit of drama at the ending of the last chapter and secrets are crashing down on secrets. Cheondoong can't hide them all and slowly his perfect glass box is fracturing. On a side note, just started writing the super dramatic scenes and having so much fun with them >< Await them eagerly!!!

@thunbii - The reason why Doongie was hurt? Well, you could say it was another selfless action of his own mixed with a little panic. 

@reilsm - Yup, things are getting serious. This is why they aren't going to let things just lie back down now! Drama's building and this is just the start of it!

@HanSang - why are you always so perceptive >< bleh, love you for it~

@wookielove - Thanks ^^ I'm glad you're enjoying it~ And as for what happened to Thunder...umm...i'm totally repeating myself but you'll find out soon enough! (Famous last words) 

And i believe i've finally racked up 20 subscribers!!! Yay! Thanks to paopeo9 for making that dream number appear!!! But keep the comments and subscriptions coming, the best is yet to arrive~

Chapter 21 – Guiltily, I say nothing

G.O POV

The room was quiet as we all stared at Cheondoong’s bloody wound. It stretched from his left hip bone to his right-hand ribs and gleamed dully in the muted light as if it had partially dried. Dara took three hesitant steps forwards and gingery touched the wound. Withdrawing her hand, it was coated in slick blood.

“Cheondoong.” I stepped forwards. My tone was cold and unyielding. “Explain.”

He looked at me remorsefully and shook his head.

“Cheondoong.” I snarled, my voice gaining an edge. I took another step forwards, but Seungho suddenly blocked me. My glare switched to him.

“Let’s get him fixed first.” Seungho nodded to me. My anger deflated as I saw his sound reasoning.

“We’ll talk later.” I glared at Cheondoong who quavered. “This isn’t over.”

But as I turned around, I could swear that his lips quirked and he mouthed, it’s already over.

 

Seungho POV

We rushed Cheondoong to the hospital after roughly bandaging his stomach. He said nothing the entire car trip there, choosing to instead stare out of the dark window morosely.

Dara sat in the front seat next to me, dozing uncomfortably. She hadn’t had a wink of sleep for the entire night and the shock had caught up on her. However, she had refused to stay behind at the dorms when her baby brother was on his way to the hospital.

At the red lights I leaned over to touch her cheek. I could see from the rear-mirror that Cheondoong refused to look at us, completely absorbed in staring into the darkness. Dara mumbled and shifted, but remained asleep.

I glanced back at Cheondoong again. This time his eyes were closed and his head swaying back and forth against the car seat. He looked so innocent in his sleep that I could barely believe the mess he was getting into.

Why can’t you just tell us, Cheondoong?

 

Mir POV

Only Seungho and Dara accompanied Cheondoong to the hospital. Dara, of course, because she was his noona and Seungho because he owned the car. The rest of us had to make do with staying at home.

“Sleep.” Our leader had instructed before dashing out of the door with Cheondoong.

But none of us could sleep. Not properly at least.

G.O, Joon and I crashed on the couches outside. We’d lent out beds to Minzy, Chae-rin and Bom. But I guessed they weren’t faring any better than us. I couldn’t stop twisting and turning as I thought about the bright blood and the jagged wound. Joon eventually dropped off when a soft snore filled the air. G.O however just glowered quietly at the ceiling.

Why hyung? Why can’t you just tell us?

 

Seungho POV

Dara and I waited outside whilst the doctor treated Cheondoong. Dara’s small hand gripped mine, her cold fingers speaking volumes. I rubbed her fingers between my hands and tried to warm them up.

“Yang Seungho?” came a professional voice from the door as the doctor entered. We both looked up to see a white-coated man close the door quietly and sit down with his clipboard. “Park Sandara?”

“Yes?” we both asked, half-fearful of the answer.

“Park Sanghyun,” the doctor tapped his board and I could swear his eyes were filled with momentary digust. “His injury was serious, but nothing life-threatening. I’ve cleaned, stitched and bandaged the wound, but he shouldn’t irritate the wound with water or probing. If he comes back in about two weeks, we should be able to remove the stitches then.”

I leaned forwards. “Doctor, what would have caused the wound?” Beside me, I felt Dara sit up straight.

The doctor put down the clipboard and stared at me through his thick glasses. “That’s what I wanted to ask you.” He frowned. “From the straight edged lacerations, I would guess something sharp like a knife…or…glass.”

“But the wound was so large…” I murmured, remembering the torn skin. “Something so…small caused that?”

The doctor shrugged. “It’s likely he widened the wound by touching it or running perhaps. Movement would have widened what might have started as a small wound. It seems large, but the actual amount of stitches we used was small. It should heal fine.”

I nodded, just glad that it wasn’t something worse. But beside me, Dara paled. “Glass?” she whispered. “No…impossible…”

“What’s wrong Dara?” I whispered.

She looked at me with wide eyes. “Do you remember? I said someone attacked our dorm.”

I nodded.

“That person was about Cheondoong’s height and size.” She muttered. Then shook her head.

“It can’t be him.” I shook my own head, unwilling to believe Cheondoong had any resentment towards 2ne1. It was his noona's band for gods sake. 

“But,” Dara looked me straight in the eye. “The person who attacked us escaped by the window.”

“Yes?” I didn’t see her point. Maybe I was lacking sleep or something, but my brain felt fuzzy as if the nerves couldn’t connect probably.

Dara blinked as if I was an idiot. The minute she said it, I realized that I was definitely an idiot. “Seungho,” she said gently. “Our window was made of glass.”

 

Cheondoong POV
When I woke up, it was six in the morning. The doctor had left me in his clinic room and said he went to debrief Seungho-hyung and Dara-noona and though I hadn’t meant to, I had slowly nodded off in the dim room.

I searched around for the source of what had woken me up. It was Mir.

The moment he saw me awake, he quickly exited the room. I was left rubbing my eyes sleepily at his retreating figure. Three seconds later, I understood why. He returned with the other mblaq and 2ne1 members. Dara, like me, was rubbing her eyes.

Seungho turned to face me. “Tell us the truth, Cheondoong.” He demanded, folding his arms.

“It was just an accident.” I said plainly, shaking my head. “I was practicing and tripped on something sharp.”

“At 4am in the morning!” Seungho let out an irritated sigh. He definitely didn’t believe me. I couln’t believe myself either. “Why lie to us? We’re all worried about you!” His tone had a barbed edge to it. He took one step forwards, but then suddenly G.O overtook him.

“Why can’t you understand us!” he snarled. “We’re worried about you, so just tell us what’s going on!” He had a dark expression on his face and his hands were fisted tightly. “Just stop hiding this and hurting everyone! Hiding things never help!”

I was frightened by his sudden flaming anger, but I persisted in shaking my head. “No, I can’t tell you.”

G.O slammed his fist into the wall. “WHY!” he yelled. “If you don’t tell us we can’t help you! Why can’t you get that?!”

Everyone was stunned into silence at his ferocity. Suddenly two nurses rushed into the room. “Is something wrong?” one nurse exclaimed as she skidded to a stop.

G.O turned around, eyes flaming and heaving for breath. The younger nurse backed away, understandably frightened. However, the older nurse’s eyes seemed to soften and she suddenly pulled G.O in for a hug.

“Byunghee-ah.” She said softly. “What’s the matter?”

We all stared, a little surprised by the familiarity between the two. G.O didn’t say anything but leaned his head onto the nurse’s shoulder. She patted his back and murmured soft words.

“Byunghee-ah,” the nurses repeated his real name. “Tell me what happened.”

“Secrets.” G.O whispered, loud enough that it filled the silent room. “Everyone keeps secrets and they never help.”

I was taken aback at the old-age voice which seemed to fill his words. The nurse seemed to understand the situation immediately. “Byunghee, calm down.” She soothed him. “Why don’t we go visit her?” Her?

G.O let her lead him away, like a mother guiding her lost son, but left one last parting phrase.

“Secrets never end well.” He muttered. “I should know, after all.”

A/N - Interesting chapter? Well, the next one is even better!!! G.O's past part I is revealed boy was it fun to write!!! Lots of drama there, so anticipate it!