Guiltily, I leave them behind

Mea Maxima Culpa

A/N - So here's to chapter 16! Thanks reilsm, can't believe i've finally got it out (after that server nightmare -.-) but this is only the tip of the iceberg. Seriously. So far's it all been fluffy clouds and the occasional nightmare. I might've lied about the guilt arc intro because this arc is the build-up. There's some action, but the next arc, the 'tears arc' has got the real drama going. But this arc has several mysteries to add to the plot. So see if you can spot them~

Anyhoo, having a blast writing this story, so i'll try and update more chapters than just once a day!

@reilsm - thanks for the support!!! And i had to use the soonja toy for a gift, it's too cute >< As for Jieun's past, well that's part of the mystery and why everything is happening as it is right now!

@thunbii - I know it's confusing now, but that'll be answered in due time. Omo! And thanks for commenting on my other oneshot. Someone else suggested i write a ThunderRin full fanfic, so maybe i'll think about that for later!

@HanSang - I want to be Jieun right now as well!!! And it seems like you've grasped the situation pretty well. In a nutshell, that's pretty much what happened. But the 'something happened' bit you'll have to wait and read to find out!

@ImaVIPbaby - haha, before Thunder goes to you he's totally coming to me!

Also, thanks to loveel95 for subscribing!!!

 

Chapter 16 – Guiltily, I leave them behind

Seungho POV

It was the night after our goodbye stage for ‘I don’t know’ and though we loved the song, it was great to know that we were starting on something new.

“Come to the practice room afterwards.” Jihoon-hyung had instructed us. And so we did. On the car trip back, we chatted non-stop about what might be in store for us next and how well the last show had gone.

I playfully punched G.O and Mir on the shoulder for mock-fighting so many times.

“Owww!!! Hyung!!!” Mir complained. G.O tousled our maknae’s hair and we all laughed. Even Cheondoong who had just received a text.  From IU no doubt. He would only ever smile when he got a text from her; at least that was what I had guessed.

Back at the practice room, Jihoon-hyung stood in front of us with a military stance.

“Good job on your last performance.” He praised us all. Then he rolled his eyes. “Even if you guys always go crazy at the goodbye stages.”

I grinned. What could we say? We were mblaq and this was the norm.

“As for the next project,” Jihoon-hyung said, quickly drawing our attention. “It will consist of five singles from each of you and one title song with you all. It’ll be a mini-album though the details haven’t been sorted yet.”

“Wow!” G.O yelled his signature cheer using his whole body and voice. “Sounds exciting.”

It was. Never before had we done so many singles and I wasn’t sure how Mir was going to do it either, but Jihoonie-hyung answered that immediately.

“You can pair up with any other artist if you want. Maybe for raps, maybe for girl singers, whatever you want.” He nodded to us all in turn. “Just let me know the details.”

I sat back thinking of all the possibilities.

“You’ll be taking a two month break for this album. You all have two weeks to plan out what songs you might want to sing and submit them. Then we’ll have a discussion and pick the final song for your single. After a month, we’ll meet up again and record the songs properly. Including the title song which I’m writing.”

We all grinned. This was going to be a brilliant album. Five singles from the each of us and one song that Rain wrote. I couldn’t think of anything cleverer. It was show the true mblaq that we were. 

Mir began bouncing up and down. “I’m going to ask Nana. No maybe Taeyeon. No…” he rocked back and forth as if he couldn’t make up his mind which girl he wanted to ask. Joon wacked him on the head and told him to get back down the earth.

G.O started staring at the mirror. “Should I grow back my facial hair?” he asked me as he patted his smooth face.

I laughed. “Why don’t you grow half a beard and shave the other half off.” I joked, remembering the interview we had where G.O had complained how half his fans liked the facial hair and the other half didn’t. Then Mir had suggested he go half-half.

We were all laughing, all clearly excited and Jihoonie-hyung looked pleased. I wondered if I should call Dara and plan something. Then I froze.

In the corner of my eye, I could see Cheondoong tapping Jihoonie-hyung’s shoulder and then the two walking away with turned backs and sneaky whispers.  

 

Cheondoong POV

“Jihoon-hyung.” I called Rain over.

“Yes Cheondoong?” he asked, immediately turning around.

“I was wondering…if I could do something slightly different during this month…”

Jihoon-hyung tilted his head with interest. He glanced at the other noisy members laughing on the floor and motioned for us to take this talk outside. I nodded and quickly followed his lead, ignoring the guilty weight inside of me as the door slid shut behind us.

“What do you have planned?” Jihoon asked.

So I explained my idea.

He nodded. “Not a bad idea. You’ve been having some rough moments haven’t you?” he said suddenly, making me lean back with shock at his perceptiveness.

Jihoon shrugged. “I notice these things because I’ve never been in a band myself. Being solo meant I’m not always blinded. Take this month to sort your feelings and when you’re back I want everything to be perfect.” He put one hand on my shoulder.

I met his gaze. It was so mature, so trusting and so confident that I would do well. “Yes, hyung.” I gulped.

He nodded, happy with that promise and withdrew his hand. “But where will you go, Cheondoong?”

I paused. I hadn’t thought of that.

Suddenly my phone vibrated and I glanced at Jihoon-hyung for permission before opening it and reading the message quickly.

[1 new message]

Sender: Ji-eunnie

Message:

Hey Oppa! I’ve got permission to have a month off to write the songs for my album. This includes the ‘merry christmas’ one. So, do you want to come over? I’ll be renting a cottage somewhere for the break. Reply soon!!!

I looked up at Jihoon-hyung. “Hyung.” I said quickly. “I think I know where I’ll be staying.”

 

G.O POV

I was excited. So maybe Jihoon-hyung had shot down my idea of the half-facial hair and half not, but he had given me the green lights to think up some other idea for my next appearance. I had so many songs in my head that I wasn’t too worried. I would sort them though and analyzed them later.

We had all retreated back to our dorms (attached to the practice room) and were chatting freely about our ideas in the living room.

Once again, it took me a few minutes to realize Cheondoong wasn’t there again. The damn kid was getting good at sneaking away.

Excusing myself, I quickly went to our shared bedroom where Cheondoong was furious whirling through his wardrobes and stuffing clothes into a large suitcase.

“Cheondoong?” I interrupted him quickly. He shot up straight and turned around, looking very guilty.

“Yes, hyung?” he asked innocently, but I could see in his eyes that he was worried.

“Are you packing?” I said suspiciously looking at the loosely folded clothes and his soonja soft toy, stuffed into a large black suitcase. “Where are you going?”

Cheondoong tried to avert my gaze. “I’m going on some private training.” He muttered.

“Private training!” I practically yelped out the words. “Alone?”

Cheondoong nodded guiltily. “I’ve got permission from Jihoonie-hyung and …more importantly…I need some time alone.” He looked at me imploringly. “Please, hyung.”

“I can’t stop you can I?” I said tiredly.

“No.” he replied with flare in his eyes. “I’ve got to go.”

“Then go.” I waved, moving so that I was no longer blocking the doorway. Cheondoong quickly put the last of his items into the suitcase and zipped up the bag. He was changed already into sweaters and jeans. As he walked towards the doorway, he gave me a quick hug that encompassed all of his shaky feelings and uncertainty at once. I took this chance to say what I had to say. “Go Cheondoong, but please come back okay.”

He blinked at me with surprise and then hugged me again. “Don’t worry about me, hyung. I’ll be fine.”

I sighed. “Get this into your mind kid.” I ruffled his hair. “We’re your hyungs, we’ll always worry.”

He seemed taken aback at this statement which made me sad.

Then, lost for words, he walked out of the dorm.

I leaned against the doorway entrance watching him slide into a taxi and ride away. All I could do was wave goodbye at the black figure disappearing into the night and wish him well.

A/N - a bit of a slow chapter, sorry guys! But i'll update another one by tonight (btw the last time i said this, the server nightmare occured so i'm crossing my fingers that i don't curse everyone again) which will have more expressive feelings from ALL the members!