Through Thunder and Lightning, he fights alone

Mea Maxima Culpa

A/N - Okay, so finally we're back to the present AND we're getting got Sanghyun action time! The Sydicate's involvement with our favorite Doongie is explained...of course with another cliffie :p

@thunbii - don't worry about the typos! It's still understandable~ And yes, this is Doongie's greatest crisis yet! But everyone's coming for him~~~~

@drYang - Haha, you flatter me ^^ But thanks~ Loving your name as well~~~ Stick around tho, there's plenty more chapters to come (like...um...another 15... ^^)

@wookielove - haha thanks for the love for a filler chapter! Don't worry, i won't make doongie kill himself...at least not in the next chapter...^^

@ImaVIPbaby - Woot! More faces~ Do i take this as a sign that you won't be a silent reader anymore ^^ Haha, and no telling about the ending~~~ 사랑해요 as well!!!

@HanSang - Haha, it seems i'm using mblaq lyrics too much in my fic ^^ This one was totally unintended tho, lol at you finding a link~ Haha and it seems you guess right about a lot of things in the fic!!! A+ ~ And since you like Henry, have you heard his chinese song 'off my mind'? It's soooo cute~~~ The lyrics and his singing!!! Haha, and as for the baby faces, I have another one! A singaporean male singer called JJ Lin. Don't know if you've heard of him, but he fits the category, and his singing is DAEBAK!!!

@ainnurdoongie-  hey sis~~~ Am i trying to kill Sanghyunnie...hm...let's think about it...for a very...very...very...long time. How bout i get back to you in like...ten days time~ ^^ Kekeke, by then i'm sure the fic will have answered your question~ Anyhoo! Here's the update, so you can't kill me yet <3 Oooooorrr maybe i should not update tomorrow in order to defy your SUPER scary warning~~~ Kekeke, I hold the power in my hand! 

@T4kara - More cliffies here too~~~ And i spy an update from your! Going to read it now!!!

Woot for so many comments!!!! Life is good~~~

Chapter 41 – Through Thunder and Lightning, he fights alone

Seungho POV

We saw him immediately. 

Something about his back profile drew my eyes to him instantly. It was so determined, so definite and yet so very...final. Washed by the sickly yellow street lights, our Sanghyun looked like a warrior on his final battlefield.

And he was sprawled on the ground.

“Sanghyun!” Dara screamed, losing her control completely as she saw her baby brother struggling to get up. She dashed out of the car and I was right behind her, not even bothering to turn off the engine.

“Noona!” Sanghyun gasped, turning his head in what seemed like a painful movement to see us sprinting towards where he lay. “Don’t come!” he yelled, making us all skid to a halt.

Then we saw the other men. Melded so well into the shadows, I had barely seen them till Go Ji Young strode out confidently, a long cane in one hand which he used to jerk Sanghyun’s head upwards. His foot however spoke differently as he planted it straight onto our maknae’s chest, forcing his body down.

“Don’t touch him!” I snarled, closing the distance between the two of us till we were but footsteps away. It was his thugs that made me stop. That and the shiny metal gun in their hands that went terribly well with their trigger-happy twitching fingers.

“Let him go.” I gulped, trying to summon all my confidence right here and right now. “Let Sanghyun go.”

“Or else what?” Go Ji Young scoffed and laughed roughly. “But I am a civilized man.” He smiled and as if to prove his point, he removed his foot and pulled his cane away, both hands held up high as in surrender. Then in one swift movement that I could have in no way prevented, he swung his cane down and smashed it into Sanghyun’s solar plexus.

Sanghyun let out a choked scream and I could swear I heard his ribs crack. He doubled over and clutched at his stomach. Behind me, Dara screamed. “NO!!!”

I grabbed her as she rushed forwards. “No, Dara.” I held her back. “Not yet.”

“Good move.” Go Ji Young gave a crooked grin. He swung his cane upwards and pointed at us. “We’re having a very important conversation.” He said, his tone twisting the word ‘important’ so that it sounded slippery and private. “So we would all,” he flicked his cane down to point at Sanghyun who flinched. “appreciate it if you could just leave.”

“Never!” Dara spat, eyes unflinchingly cold. “Leave my brother alone.”

“Ah,” Go Ji Young gave a mock-sympathetic sigh that was in no way sympathetic at all. “But you see, Sanghyun here owes me something. And you know what they say about business between men.” He cracked his knuckles. “It stays between men.” He hissed and the three thugs fanned out behind him, making us all step back with fear.

***

1 hour ago…

Sanghyun stepped out of the cab and shivered at the chilly air. The cold streetlights didn’t make it any better. He huddled into his hoodie and tried not to think of warm fireplaces.

“I see you finally made it.” came a dark chuckle to one side of the street. Sanghyun approached it with a confident stride. He couldn’t afford to show any weaknesses.

“That I did.” He replied, his voice quavering slightly.

Go Ji Young just laughed. “Have you got what I want?” he raised one eyebrow appraisingly.

“No.” Sanghyun said.

Go Ji Young rubbed his chin and mockingly opened his eyes wide. “Well then. What could this little visit be about? Going to beg for more time? Mercy perhaps?”

“None of the above.” Sanghyun said flatly. He took one step wards so that he and Go Ji Young faced each other squarely. “I want you to end all of this crap. Leave my family and friends alone, or else I will get involved with the police.”

“Haven’t we been through this, Sanghyunnie.” The Syndicate leader spoke mockingly. “You know perfectly well what happens if the police are involved. All I have to do is click one button,” he pulled out his phone with a silvery flourish. “And it all goes viral.”

Sanghyun gritted his teeth. “Ah, the power of the internet these days.” Go Ji Young grinned. “So what will you do? I said time is ticking. Don’t expect me to be as merciful anymore.”

“I mean what I said.” Sanghyun growled, his eyes growing dark. “I don’t know why it had to be me of all people, but I want you to leave them all alone. I am ending this!”

“Are you?” Go Ji Young said in a soft, deadly tone. He stood up and weighed his varnished wooden cane in one hand. His eyes narrowed to a smoky slit.

“I am.” Sanghyun stood his ground, his hands. “And I will fight for it if need be.”

“Fight?” Go Ji Young stared at him.

“Yes.”

“Well then,” Go Ji Young took one step forwards so that the two were face to face, nose to nose. “If it’s a fight you want?”

Sanghyun held his breath.

“Then it’s a fight you’ll get.” And then he swung his cane at Sanghyun’s head.

Sanghyun raised his left arm instinctively, blocking the cane but still feeling its powerful blow resound through his body. He staggered backwards and clutched at his arm. The damn Syndicate leader had a powerful aim.

“Still want to play games, Sanghyun?” Go Ji Young cracked his neck and grinned wickedly.

Sanghyun straightened up. He was by no means a fighter. But this was one fight he could not back out from. Not from what was at stake. Sanghyun steadied himself, spreading his legs to keep balance and holding out his fists in front of him. He ignored the throbbing pain.

He didn’t need to defeat these men. No. There was no way he could beat Go Ji Young and his three little musketeer thugs. But all he needed to do was get his hand on that phone.

Grab it, smash it and then deal with the after-consequences. Sanghyun drew a deep breath and steeled himself.

“Oh yeah,” Sanghyun tilted his neck and his lips. “I could play all day long.”

And then he darted forwards, aiming for the phone, and fought as if the hellhounds were on his heels.

***

Present time…

“What business is it that you have with our hyung.” Mir said boldly. “What are you threatening him with?”

Go Ji Young fixed his threatening gaze onto Mir who shrank back with fear slightly. “Oh?” he sounded amused. “Well of course you wouldn’t know. Sanghyun here would never tell you.”

“Just tell us.” I said flatly.  “We’re in no mood for games.”

“Oh?” Go Ji Young grinned. “But I could play all day long.”

I growled. A deep feral beast in me appeared. Go Ji Young threw his head back and laughed. “Your little maknae,” he kicked Sanghyun again with his expensive Italian leather shoes. “Was selling photos to us.”

I blanked. “Photos?”

Go Ji Young threw me a disdainful look. “You know, those kind of photos.” He rubbed his fingers together as if holding cash.

I blinked. He sighed. “Sanghyunnie here was getting us some M18 rated photos of not just you guys, but of Lee Ji-eun and 2ne1 as well. You know the type.”

I tried to swallow, but my mouth was dry. “What?” I managed to whisper. “Sanghyun was selling you photos of us? But…but-“

“But nothing.” The Syndicate leader sniffed. “It was the exact thing people buy like madmen. Women in their lingerie, women half- and sadly men as well, though I have no idea who would buy your photos.” He rolled his eyes.

I turned my gaze to Sanghyun who was still curled on the floor, eyes glazed with pain. “Sanghyun?” I whispered, unable to believe what I was hearing. “Photos? Really?” Impossible, right?

Sanghyun opened his mouth and tried to speak, but all that came out were pained gasps. Then Dara spoke. “Sanghyun. Was it you who broke into the 2ne1 dorm?”

I froze. No way. It couldn’t be him right?

But then my mind wandered back to the hospital and that huge red wound and the doctor telling us how those straight lacerations were caused by something sharp. Something like glass.

“Sanghyun?” I said louder. “Tell us the truth. We’ll only believe what you say.” I was practically begging him to speak.

“Oh?” But it was Go Ji Young who had to open his big, fat mouth and speak. “You broke into the 2ne1 dorm? Admirable of you. What happened to that weak-spined little coward I knew so well?”

Sanghyun pulled himself up and coughed. I tried not to see the splash of red on his mouth. “No, hyung.” He gasped. “Don’t listen to him?”

“Oh, why?” The Syndicate leader watched his slow, pain-filled movements with amusement. “Afraid they’ll listen to the truth. Don’t try to make excuses. We have the photos as proof.” He said with a wicked grin and held his hand out to a thug. The man handed him a yellow-brown envelope and Go Ji Young tossed the contents out.

Like a whirlwind, the floor was scattered with photos. Dara, half- with her back to the camera and only wearing thin cotton . Joon half-exposed, his abs completely shown to the world. Bom, ping her dress. An unidentifiable picture of someone’s . G.O, in a misty shower that barely covered him. And then there was more. Chae-rin, Ji-eun, Minzy, me…

I staggered back and tried to ignore the swirling feeling in my stomach. “Sanghyun?” I could barely say his name. I could barely comprehend this situation. I looked at my dongsaeng and tried to believe in him, but I couldn’t stop that nagging question that buzzed in my mind.

Had he really sold us out?

A/N - Cliffie! So, Sanghyun's relationship with the Syndicate has been revealed! Of course, the entire truth has not been divulged yet!! 

And as for today's reccomendation, its a Joondoong pairing! A oneshot, but still AMAZING!!! A must-read~~~~ A (Beautiful) Light in the (Begrimed) tunnel by Nickigirisu! Really worth a read so check it out~~~

Until tomorrow! (unless i should be rebellious to ainnur sis~~~)