One Promise....One Love - by: mpeLaurel

One Promise....One Love

Part 7

KimVerly....”Dear God, I am praying to you now as I have never prayed before, guide me in my decision. I am not giving up on my husband. I cannot change my mother’s mind but I can give back my husband the life he and his family deserve. He will always be here in my heart wherever I would be. I have faith that we will be together again, and this hope I will carry with me all the days of my life. Please give him strength while I am gone. He already suffered so much because of me, I will step back for now. I love him so much that I have to do this, until then. Please always whisper to his heart that I will never stop loving him, the love I will carry with me till my last breath".

The days that followed, she spent closely with Gerardo... laughing, tickling, joking, teasing, loving.. anything she can think of to make him happy. After helping in the kitchen, KimVerly went to find Gerardo, she went in the room and saw Gerardo sleeping with his back on the headboard and a book almost falling from his hands. KimVerly took the book and pulled Gerardo to lay comfortably in bed. KimVerly just stared at his face, memorizing every part of it, touching his hair and face, tears rolling down her face. Gerardo moved, KimVerly stood and tried to move away but Gerardo pulled her hand and she fell on his chest, her breath on his neck. Gerardo cupped her face with his hands, kiss her nose, her lips tenderly then passionately, they moved as one lovingly without reservation as if tomorrow will never come.

Few days after, Gerardo received a letter stating that his former company is hiring him back because they realized that they need his expertise. They apologized for firing him and persuaded him back with bigger pay. For a while Gerardo hesitated. He wondered about it, why?. Yet, he happily relayed the news to KimVerly. Behind her tears and sadness, she rejoiced with him. He carried her and swung her around..”I told you, everything will be alright.. Now we can begin our life anew. I love you so much and I’ll never let go of you. I want you to remember that”. KimVerly said..”Remember, too how much I love you and I only want the best for you. I only want you to be happy. You will always be in my heart, no matter what”, as she cries silently.

Gerardo pulled her hair back and saw tears on KimVerly's eyes and he said.... "Do not cry my love, I promise you, nobody can break as apart"... as he wipes away her tears then kiss her over and over and over again.

Gerardo left early the following day to meet with the owner of the company.. his former employer. KimVerly talked to his mother in law and told her everything, what she did and her plans. Coring (Gerardo's mom) knows that at this time this is the best KimVerly can do for Gerardo. KimVerly made Coring promise not to tell the truth to Gerardo.

Charlot planned everything, sure that this is the day she can take KimVerly back. The moment she's been waiting for is going to happen today. She waited in her car and as soon as she knew Gerardo is gone, she directed her driver to go and pull over in front of the house. She came out of the car and took KimVerly. Gerardo, on the other hand has some kind of uneasy feeling and went back. He arrived as KimVerly is being taken by her mother in the car. He ran to the car but it’s too late, KimVerly was already inside, yet he ran after the car crying, calling KimVerly's name over and over, begging her to come back.

”KimVerly..do not do this to me, I love you so much and I can’t live without you”. KimVerly look back with all the tears in her eyes and pain in her heart as she saw Gerardo running after the car, running after her…”Gerardo, I love you so much, I am so sorry, this is the only way I know to put your life back on track. I’ll never forget you”. Then she saw him kneeling on the street, crying with his hands on his face still calling her name out loud. The car turned a bend until he disappeared on her sight.. She just cry and cry begging her mother once more to have pity on them for they truly love each other but Charlot turned and just ignored KimVerly.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........