One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 20, The Final Chapter....

The results of the tests came, it's not good. KimVerly has a relapse, the cancer reverted. Gerardo did not give up. His world was again turned upside down, he remembered his prayer the first time, he asked God for few more years with his wife and it happened. God assigned doctors as instruments of healing the sick but in the end it is still HIM who is the ultimate healer. He knows what is best and He has a reason for everything.

KimVerly again battled her illness, Gerardo never left her side, he fought with her every second of the day, if he can only take the pain from KimVerly he would have done it. He suffer along with his wife and much more. The doctor said, there is no more hope. KimVerly begged Gerardo to just take her home. Touching his face, she said..."I love you so much my husband, I am sorry that this thing must happen, but wherever I would be, I will go on loving you and I will wait for the day when we will see each other again and be together forever".

Gerardo cry everyday but what more can he asked God, he had laid all his cards already, the rest is up to HIM. Gerardo is always watching KimVerly as her fragile body lay in bed, his world getting smaller every passing day. One day, KimVerly is in tremendous pain crying and , Gerardo carried her and kept her close to his heart and said.... "My love, my only love, I know you are holding on because I did not want to let go, I know the pain you are feeling". He sat with KimVerly still on his lap, he took her head and kept it closer to him, he kissed her with so much tears in his eyes...."Go now my love, rest and I will follow you, where we would be will be a paradise nobody can keep us apart. I love you so much and I will never stop loving you, wait for me, I promise we will be together very soon". and he cried profusely, his body trembling, hugging KimVerly tight and she passed in peace.

KimVerly was laid to rest, everyday, Gerardo go to be with her in her resting place talking to her as if she's just there. He focuses his life to Geraldine and his work. Melissa who got married years ago always visit Geraldine telling her stories about her mom and dad, their love for each other. Xian chose to live in the States, he never married. Gerardo's parents and brother are now living a very comfortable life. Charlot though already old is still strong, she had to stay with Gerardo and Geraldine so someone can look after Geraldine.

Years passed, Geraldine is now 12…Gerardo always take Geraldine to that beach. A place he always feel closer to KimVerly. Gerardo standing on the shore looking at the ocean. His face sad..through the years, there never was a day he skipped thinking about KimVerly. As the water rushes to the shore down to his feet, Geraldine walked towards him held his hand..”Dad, are you thinking of mom...I know she’s looking at us..there are nights I can’t sleep and I go to your room..you're sleeping, I see mommy sitting on the side of your bed, watching you and then kisses you. I just smile and go back to my room. I did not want to bother you”.

Gerardo, took Geraldine’s hand and they walk on the shore..”My baby, mommy is watching over us. She loves us”. Geraldine looked up and smiled at him..”I know dad, I feel her too. Dad, what is love?.. Gerardo replied..”Love is a feeling..it makes you happy when you are with the people you love”. Geraldine asked..”Just like you love mom”..Gerardo replied..”Just like I love your mommy and you”. Geraldine said..”Aunt Melissa told me stories about you and mom.. You love each other so much and you love me both. I am just a child but this I promise you..mommy and you will see each other again and you will be together and will be very happy. I pray for that every night before I go to sleep because I want to see you both happy, together, I know that many years had been taken from you by some people, by mom's illness”. Gerardo was touched...”My darling, I will be with you for as long as you need me. I know mommy wants me to take care of you first and I love you”.


Gerardo became sickly…but most of all loneliness and longing for KimVerly. Geraldine celebrated her 15th birthday in the cemetery with her dad, they just stayed there the whole day to be closer to KimVerly. A year after..one morning Geraldine went to Gerardo's room to call him for breakfast, she was shocked to find her dad not moving anymore. He died in his sleep. Geraldine cried so hard..”Daddy, daddy..I love you...I love you”.

Gerardo was laid to rest beside KimVerly's, Geraldine, alone with her parents with tears in her eyes...”Mom, Dad..when I was a child, I made a promise that someday you will be together again...as a child I did not quite understand the meaning of what I was saying..all I want is to see you be together and be happy but now I know. Now I am here to make that ONE PROMISE again…. every day, I will pray to God to bring you both back in another lifetime, to give you another chance to find each other again and be happy with each other, I know that you only have ONE LOVE and one love alone to share and give to each other. I pray that you will grow old together and never part..another chance to live..another chance to be happy ..to love and to cherish.. and not even death can do you part.

By then, you may not know me..but it’s fine, I will watch you every day, I will see you smile and laugh together...in each other’s arms. It will not be hidden to me because when that time comes..I know I will recognize you..In my heart I know it’s you both. I will not get tired praying for that time to come. I will not depart this earth until I see you both happy and in-love with each other. The story of your love does not end in your death. Your love story will be written in heaven and in your next lifetime, it shall unfold. No one and nothing can break you apart again. I love you both so much. Thank you for being my parents. Don’t worry about me, I will be fine..I am strong just like you both.



"MY ONE PROMISE TO YOUR ONE LOVE"

 


2006…....Several years later…...In one reality show…thousands of young people auditioned, participants were selected…..as they entered the room.. two of them already stand out among the rest….a boy and a girl..

HI..MY NAME IS GERALD ANDERSON (he noticed Kim…he thought.. she’s cute, I hope she noticed me, but……. Nah, I think crush ko si n... but, hummmmm, there's something different about Kim)

MY NAME IS KIM CHIU (looking at Gerald…she thought, hummmm…mukhang mayabang, amboy yata...cheeeeeeeee, nandito naman si m., well bakit iba tingin ko sa amboy na ito)

Kim turned and walked ahead, Gerald was watching as she walked away and he thought..

"IF YOU LOOK BACK AND SMILE AT ME..THEN YOU ARE THE ONE FOR ME.

Kim turned and look at him and she smiled.....

………………..and the show begins.. their life.. their love begin again…………………

who dares question the miracle of God

 

T H E     E N D

or just the beginning

THE BEGINNING OF A LOVE WRITTEN IN HEAVEN..

TRIALS WILL COME, BUT THEY WILL SURVIVE..

FOR GOD CREATED THEM AGAIN AND BROUGHT THEM BACK IN THIS LIFE TIME

DESTINED FOR EACH OTHER, FOREVER