One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 15

Back at home, KimVerly was quiet crying in silence. Seeing Gerardo again after many years and knowing that someone else is taking her place gives her a mix emotion. She's happy for Gerardo but could not deny the fact that she's hurt and jealous, she loves him still. Her condition worsen and she was taken to the hospital, she's in pain physically and emotionally. After a deep sleep with the aid of medication, she woke up and turned to Melissa who did not leave her side...”Mel, will you take me to that place where we always go a long time ago..where Gerardo and I always meet..the beach in Batangas, will you. We can stay there for few days.. I want Geraldine to get used not seeing me. Mom can take care of her”. Melissa, crying..”Of course, we will go there...make yourself fit to travel, okay”. Then KimVerly closed her eyes with tears rolling down her face.

After 2 days, she got out of the hospital, Melissa took her to the beach she requested ...KimVerly walks on the sand with Melissa beside her, she said..”it’s so beautiful here as always..this place brings back a lot of memories..look at the sun..Gerardo and I used to watch as the sun sets..but it was a long time ago, now he moved on, and truly I am happy for him”. KimVerly is wearing a light colored long dress with a wide handkerchief band around her artificial hair..as the wind blows her light textured dress, Melissa was watching her. She wanted to run to the phone and call Gerardo to tell him everything..but she knew KimVerly will not approve of it.

KimVerly sat on the shore, water keeps rushing to her feet, the ocean is calm, the sun about to set. Melissa sat beside her. KimVerly put her head on Melissa's shoulder humming a song ..then she turned to Melissa and whispered..”Mel, thank you for being here with me”. Tears flows as she slowly fell asleep on Melissa's shoulder. They stayed there till the sun sets.

That same night, Gerardo went to the bar where he and his friends meet all the time whenever they want to run away from hard day’s work or when they are celebrating something. He did not expect that Xian will be there too. He got drunk and angrily talked to Xian..”Hey, what are you doing here.. you’re supposed to be with your girlfriend…..myyyy wife. So the reason I did not see you for a long time is because you and my wife were together, hah. All these time I felt so crazy looking for her..and she’s with you..how stupid I’ve been and you have a baby too”. He pushed Xian provoking him to fight back.

Xian also drunk could not take it anymore, he pushed Gerardo back and said..”Yes, you are right...you are stupid not to know how precious KimVerly is..not to know how much she loves you..how much she sacrificed so you’ll get all the things you are enjoying now..do you think you’ll get where you are now if not for her. She sacrificed her own happiness so you can get your job back and your life back on track, your dreams fulfilled. If I can only put my feet on your shoes so she will love me instead of you, I will do that without a second thought because I love her so much. Yes, you did not see me for a long time because when she choose to marry you, I went in the States and I don't know where you got the idea that we are together, and with aaaaa baby?, I went to visit her in London where she was all these years, and yet till now on her dying days..she's still in love with you”. Gerardo pulled the collar of Xian's shirt..”What do you mean her dying days?..What are you talking about". Xian crying..”She’s very ill, and she might be dying. She did not want you to know. No matter what I do to be beside her...she always pushed me away, she wants you, she loves you".

Gerardo was shocked, can't move for a while..”Where is she..where is she???” Xian did not answer, he turned his back on Gerardo but before he finally got out of the place, he turned and faced Gerardo..”And oh, so you know...Geraldine!, the baby you're talking about, is your daughter, KimVerly wanted to tell you..that’s the only reason she came back...but because of your stupid annulment thing.. she held back”. Gerardo was silent for a moment then he ran outside and cried so hard, went to his car... "KimVerly, what have I done. I love you so much. You are wrong, this is not the kind of life I wanted, It's you I always want, all these mean nothing without you". He does not know what to do, he called Angelica who immediately understood what's going on..”You never stop loving her and now she’s back..go to her, follow your heart, do not worry about me. I’ll be fine".

 

TO BE CONTINUED........