One Promise....One Love - by: mpeLaurel

One Promise....One Love

Part 11

 

Philippines >>>Gerardo worked so hard to earn more money, and finding every possible means in search of KimVerly. He asked every one they know, even his employer about the whereabouts of KimVerly yet where she is remains sealed, no one dare to spill. He misses her so much. He waited everyday that one day, KimVerly will try to contact him. He thinks about her every passing day. Alone in bed at night, he misses her so much wondering where she is, how she is, does she misses and think about him too.

His career is rising.. all his dreams shattered before are now turning into reality yet still so unhappy because his wife, the only woman he loves so much is not with him. Years passed and he lost hope of seeing KimVerly again. Every passing day, his love is turning into hate… asking himself..”Why did you leave me, KimVerly.. was I too bad.. too poor that you could not wait, I did everything I could and I promised you everything will be alright, why, where are you?”. Crying As he threw a glass of wine on the wall.

Life went on for Gerardo and his family, everything fell into their right places. Time came when Gerardo met a beautiful, rich yet elder lady (about 6 years older than him). She’s a widower and her husband left her a vast amount of wealth and having no children, she’s willing to spend a large amount for a project which Gerardo is handling for her. As time passes by, she fell in love with Gerardo. She’s a kind-hearted lady and beautiful..her name is Angelica, it is not difficult to like her.

Gerardo, tried to pay attention to her...though deep inside his heart, it’s always been KimVerly. But he already lost hope of ever seeing her again…now he hated her for leaving him. He told Angelica everything about KimVerly and his marriage to her. For Angelica, she can live with it, she said…”Gerardo, you do not have to love me now, I know time will come for that...let’s just enjoy one another and be happy..time will tell and everything will have an answer. If she comes back and you feel you're still in love with her, go for it, I will understand".

London >>> it’s been four years, Geraldine is now 3-1/2 years old. The child is so sweet and through the years, Charlot learned to love her. Two years, after Geraldine was born..KimVerly was diagnosed with leukemia. She’s being treated and yet it doesn’t seem to be working anymore. KimVerly's illness changed Charlot. She realized that anyone can have all the money in the world but it is not enough to give happiness to a person. Not even enough to heal her daughter. She spent so much to bring KimVerly's health back, but nothing happened, now she learned to pray for a miracle.

With her husband gone and her daughter sick, Charlot found herself feeling profoundly sorry for all the things she did and now wanted to correct them. She is now allowing KimVerly to go back to her husband or at least have contact with him but it was KimVerly who said..”no…what is the use now, I made his life miserable when I left him..by now maybe, he already moved on, I do not want to bother him anymore. I just want him to be happy”. Sitting in that rocking chair, watching her daughter playing, there’s tears in her eyes, her heart heavy. She misses Gerado so much, his smile, his touch, his sweetness, the way he look at her, his love. "Gerardo, I will always love you, always". Tears roll down her face.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........