One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

Part 12

 
Xian, the son of KimVerly's family friend and the one whom Charlot wants for KimVerly visited in London. He loved KimVerly and he still does...unfortunately KimVerly does not feel the same way, they remained just friends. Gerardo also knew him back then. When Xian found out about KimVerly's illness, he decided to stay in London for a while. He helped in a lot of ways. He became very fond of Geraldine and Geraldine loves him. Charlot noticed the failing health of KimVerly, she tried to convince her that they should go back to the Philippines and have Geraldine know her father… "KimVerly, I am really very sorry for all the things I did. I thought you will be happier and I made a big mistake".

Help me correct my mistakes while there is still time..You do not have to go back to your husband if you don’t want to but I feel now that Geraldine has the right to know her real father”. KimVerly agreed and they prepared to go back in the Philippines . Xian went back with them. Melissa, met them at the airport. She knew KimVerly was sick..but her heart sank when she saw her. They talked and she said..”Had I known this is going to happen, I would have told Gerardo where you were that time when everyday he was bothering me about your whereabouts”.

KimVerly asked..”How is he now, do you still see him”. Melissa did not mention anything about Angelica..”Yes, and I heard he’s a big shot now..he’s gone a long way”. KimVerly smiled..”I think he is happy now. I hope he’ll stay that way. Mom wanted me to tell him about Geraldine, I agreed but now I am having a second thought. It might only harm him instead of making him happy”.. Melissa replied..”KimVerly, it is not only Geraldine who has the right to know her father..it is also Gerardo who has all the right to know his daughter”. KimVerly asked Melissa..”Please when you see him first, do not tell him about my illness and about Geraldine, let me think about it again”. Melissa could not talk..how can she tell KimVerly about Angelica.

Melissa worked in the same field as Gerardo so it is not impossible they will bump to each other. One time, Gerardo saw her. Melissa told him..”KimVerly is back, don’t you want to see her?” Gerardo was quiet for a moment and he spoke..”After more than 4 years, she’s back..well it’s good so now I can ask her to sign our annulment paper so I can really move on and marry my girlfriend. I think she deserves that. I know she loves me". Melissa asked, "Do you love her?" Gerarddo did not answer instead he said.."So when can I see your friend, do I have to make an appointment to see her? What about her mother...is she still the same?..well , tell your friend I need her signature. Now that I know she’s back, I will talk to my lawyer about the annulment. It will be easier now”.. bitterness engulped Gerardo yet nervous about knowing that KimVerly is back.

Gerardo did not have the energy to work after knowing that KimVerly is back. He went home and confined himself in his room, sobbing..."Why did you come back, I hated you for leaving me but why now, I wanted to run to you and carry you in my arms to tell you that I still love you after all these years". He continued crying but his pride took over.
 
 
TO BE CONTINUED........