One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 19

The doctor talked to Gerardo about the new technology for cure. He said that KimVerly has hope.... "Your wife is a very brave woman with a strong will to live which is very important to a patient with that kind of illness, she is a miracle, the last time I saw her, I was certain that she may not make it. It will be an expensive treatment, you may even want to take her abroad. This is long and will be difficult for her. I can't assure 100% healing, the rest is up to God. Gerardo agreed, willing to spend all that he has for KimVerly, all he wants is to see her alive and well..."Thank you so much Lord, I know you are with us on this, please give strength to my wife. Our daughter and I need her". He sat by the chair beside KimVerly's bed and talked to her while she's sleeping, touching her face gently with tears on his eyes..."Please live for me and Geraldine, I can't bear losing you again".

Severe treatment followed, every minute of her suffering, Gerardo is with her feeling the pain, wishing that they could switch places. Months to a year past, improvement is visible. Two years later, KimVerly recuperated. Her hair grew back. The doctor said, "She's well now but I can't guarantee that the cancer will not slideback, for now live to the fullest, she's a brave woman and I believe you have a huge part to do with it, it must be the love I saw, you never left her, you fought with her in her battle, let us pray that her healing will continue for a very long time".

Time passes by, Gerardo and KimVerly make the most of life with their daughter, one very happy family. Love can really move mountain. It can make you well, no ocean is too wide and too deep to cross for someone you love the most, for someone who complete your life. Geraldine is now 7-years old and they held a big party. Gerardo and KimVerly adore their daughter. They are all very happy together.

One night, KimVerly prepared a lavish dinner for Gerardo and her. Gerardo arrived from work, found KimVerly in the dining room dressed alluringly, food on the table all his favorites, candle lights, flowers...."What is this, it's not your birthday, not mine either". He came next to her hug her and kiss her tenderly..."Where are the maids, why are you the one doing all these". With a teasing smile KimVerly said, "Well, my dearest husband, I want to do it for you, it's been a long time, I asked the maids to go take a hike, hahahaha". She pushed Gerardo on the chair, sat on his lap and with a kiss on his ears, whispering...I love you, much more than you know".......

After dinner, they talked for a while then Gerardo carried KimVerly up the stairs into their room. He laid her in bed, his eyes staring at her filled with so much love and desire. He pulled her, leaned over with his weight on her..."You are so beautiful and I can't resist you". They kiss passionately, with intense emotion. Gerardo grasping for breath pulled his head up and asked..."honey, are you gonna be fine"....KimVerly replied with her hands on Gerardo's hair, "I've never been better, my love". And so Gerardo pressed his lips on hers kissing her all over her face, her eyes, her nose, her lips down to her neck, her chest and so on, their lips burning for each other, touching each other with so much longing, all over each other....until they are one. They made love ardently the whole night through.

The months that follow, they spent traveling with Geraldine, who loves her mom and dad so much. They do almost everything together.... walking in the part, cooking on weekends, swimming, shopping, church and so on.

One night KimVerly woke up not feeling well, she went to the bathroom, she did not want Gerardo to worry. The next day she went to see her doctor while Gerardo is at work. She thought she's pregnant again but the doctor looked worried after seeing the results of her tests. He asked to talk to Gerardo and her. KimVerly was nervous, he did not want Gerardo to know whatever it is. But the doctor insisted, he called Gerardo who rushed to the hospital, so worried, the doctor said..."I would like to do some more tests but base from my initial diagnosis, the cancer might have been reverted" Gerardo fell on the chair, perspiring, could not say a word then he burst in tears, louder. KimVerly came to him and hugged him tight..."don't, please, I'll be fine", holding her tears, brave as ever. Rubbing his back with her hands, kissing his head, comforting him.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........