One Promise....One Love - by: mpeLaurel

One Promise....One Love

Part 4........

Back from their honeymoon, Gerardo took KimVerly to his family’s home. His parents though dismayed by what they did accepted the situation. Gerardo promised that even if he is already married he will still fulfill his promise to help his family. Charlot, on the other hand is very angry no matter how Gabriel (her husband) tried to explain and talk to her about trying to understand their daughter. Charlot cursed and promised to break them apart and destroy Gerardo and his career until her daughter comes back to them alone. 


Charlot talked to Gerardo and said..”No matter what you do I can never accept you as the husband of my daughter. She said so many bad things to his face and threatened him..”If you are not going to leave my daughter, I will do everything in my power to destroy your career..you will be out of job in no time and I will make your life a living hell..my daughter is not used to poverty and I am sure when you cannot give her a life she’s used to...she will come back to us”. Gerardo replied.. ”She is my wife now and there is nothing you can do to take her away from me. I maybe poor but I love your daughter so much, your wealth is nothing to me. I will fight for her. She is all that matters to me”.


Charlot was so angry. She talked to Gerardo’s employer and asked him to take him away from the project and fire him. She’s so influential and no matter how Gerardo's boss hesitated the idea of firing him..he still did. Gabriel could not do anything to help his daughter. Though he is the head, Charlot is the neck that can make the head turn wherever she pleases. The same is true for the employers of every company Gerardo and KimVerly tried to apply. They will be employed for few days but will be laid off as soon as Charlot stepped in.. How will they survive?

One night in their room, as they lay in bed holding each other, Gerardo asked KimVerly, ”Are you having any regret you married me, you’re not used to this kind of life. I can’t even afford to buy you anything. I love you so much and it breaks my heart seeing you like this”. Then he sobbed as he laid his head on KimVerly’s chest. KimVerly, crying replied.. ”I love you so much too and it will be more painful for me not having you in my life. No matter what, I’ll be by your side. Do not worry we will survive and I never regret any minute of my life with you. I do not care about my family's wealth because you are more important to me. You are all that matters”. She embraced him, hugged him, kissed him....consumed their love until they are one.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........