One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 16


Gerardo went to KimVerly's house…the maid answered the door. Angrily, he went in calling KimVerly. Charlot came down the stairs and the more furious Gerardo became..”Where is my wife and my daughter..how can you do this to us?....KimVerly where are you?”. Charlot tried to calm him down..”Please, you’ll wake up Geraldine. I am very sorry for all the things I did. I know I cannot bring it back anymore. I beg for your forgiveness”.

Gerardo replied..”Forgiveness???, how can I forgive you after all the things you did to us..and how can I forgive myself now...knowing that it is not only you who made KimVerly's life miserable but also me, do you even have an idea how painful it is. You know nothing but your money..where are they, where is my family?”.

Charlot replied..”KimVerly is in Batangas, I believe you know the place. Geraldine is sleeping in her room”. Charlot took Gerardo to Geraldine, he carried her, kiss her and hug her tight while he's crying..”My daughter, I am so sorry”, then he laid her back to bed..”I will leave you here for a while now, I need to get your mother..we will come back for you and I will take both of you”.

Then he ran and to see the only woman in his heart all these years. It was almost morning when he reached the place. The sun is about to rise. He went and look for her. It was almost an hour before he found her..sitting on the sand by the shore…her feet extended touching the water that rushes from the ocean..watching the sunrise.

Gerardo stood behind her..watch her for a while not knowing what to do..He’s crying as he spoke softly knelt beside KimVerly and hug her so tight..”KimVerly, I love you so much and I never stop loving you..I am so sorry, I did not know”. He continue to cry..KimVerly run her fingers to his face wiping his tears away and she said..”My husband, I am sorry that I left you.. I just wanted you to be happy..I am sorry that I made your life miserable, I did not fight for you..that was the only way I know how to give you peace. I had to set you free..now you are fine, go and be with Angelica..be happy with her, you deserve that”. Gerardo carried her..”No, I never loved her..it’s always been you”.

With KimVerly in his arms, he walks on the shore, never want to let go of her anymore. He carried her to that big rock where they always sit back then to watch the sun set, now together..they’re watching the sunrise. They did not speak for a while..just holding each other. Not too far Melissa was watching them and she smiled. .”Be happy even for a short while”. She went back to the cottage, write a short note for KimVerly, ”You’ll be fine now, KimVerly..you’ll be fine, Gerardo will never leave you now..if I could only give you a part of my life, so you live longer and be happy, I would do it.. I love you my cousin..my best friend and I believe in miracle”. Then she left.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........