One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

Part 14........

I needed to see you for your signature, I hope Melissa told you about this already, I am filing for an annulment”. She smiles yet almost choking at the sound of her voice, crying in the inside yet trying to hide it from Gerardo..”Yes, she did”. Gerardo remembered that smile, he wanted more, he wanted to hear her laughter, in his mind...”That smile, how can I forget that beautiful smile”. He put out the papers from the envelop and asked her to read and then sign, but she said...”I do not need to read it, just tell me where to sign, and she did.. This is the place where we met and the place where it will end".

Gerardo noticed a pendant ring on Kimverly's necklace which she covered at once by her hand, hoping that Gerardo did not recognize that cheap yet the ring she kept and treasured the most, their wedding ring. Gerardo asked..."From your boyfriend?". He was hoping she will say no, I am not involve with anybody. KimVerly has a quick answer..”My boyfriend, oh, yes... it's a little loose so I made it as a pendant”. In her mind..”If you only know, this is the ring you gave me when we got married, I always keep it with me and I will keep this until the end of my life. You are and will always be the only man I will ever love”. She was almost crying so she said..”If that is all you need, I must go now”. Gerardo said..”Can you stay a while, I want you to meet my girlfriend..she is coming now”.

Then Angelica came, Gerardo introduced the two of them. KimVerly wanted to scream at that very moment.. Her heart is beating so fast. She is hurting so bad because she is still in love with Gerardo and yet there is nothing she can do. She was the one who left. KimVerly and Angelica said hello and shook hands. Then she left with Gerardo. Xian knew where Melissa and KimVerly where, He took Geraldine to surprise KimVerly. As soon as Gerardo and Angelica stepped out the door... Xian and Geraldine whith Melissa came in, Geraldine saw KimVerly, she ran to her. When Xian got closer to KimVerly she suddenly cried. Xian moved towards her and hug her, comforting her...”Why are you crying this much”.

At the parking lot towards the car, Gerardo was very quiet and before he got into the car with Angelica, he said..”I forgot my pen and that is important to me, I must go back and get it”. Angelica knew it is not the pen, it is KimVerly he wants to see again, but she did not say a word. When Gerardo came in, he saw KimVerly with Xian still holding her and he saw Geraldine, too. He did not know that Xian was just comforting her.

Gerardo thought..”Okay, you have a boyfriend and you have a child. I can’t believe its Xian, all these years the two of you are together laughing behind me”. Gerardo knew Xian and his feeling for KiMVerly back then. Then he went out quickly and joined Angelica in the car. He did not say a word. He was so angry.. Angelica came to him and touched his shoulder..” I know you still love her, if you tell me you will come back to her I will understand”. He said..”No, that annulment is going to go and I will marry you.. don’t worry, we will be together”. Yet Angelica knew that Gerardo was just saying that, he was hurting inside.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........