One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

Part 13........

Gerardo called Melissa, he requested for an appointment to see KimVerly to talk to her about the annulment. Melissa has no choice but to tell KimVerly about Angelica and the annulment. KimVerly replied..”Now, I have a reason not to tell him about our daughter, I do not want to ruin his life for the second time. Okay, tell him I will meet him in that hotel..remember, where I first met him. I do not want him to come over here and see me like this and I do not want him to see Geraldine now. Oh, what are you waiting for... you have to take me to a beauty parlor. I need to do some makeover. I want him to see me at my best...my soon to be ex-husband…ha-ha-ha”. Melissa knew KimVerly is unhappy about this, she was just forcing herself to look happy..that everything is just fine. She knows, deep inside, KimVerly is hurting so bad.

That day, Xian came over and asked KimVerly if he can take Geraldine out to the park. KimVerly agreed, "Its okay, Melissa and I are going somewhere anyway. Relieve mother from taking care of Geraldine for a while.. Thank you Xian for being such a loyal and good friend”. Xian looked at her and said..”If you will allow me to take care of you too, I will, KimVerly I never stop loving you”. KimVerly responded..”Xian, we already talked about it, okay”.

Kimverly and Melissa arrived first at the meeting place. KimVerly is wearing a nice pink dress, she looks fresh despite her illness. She’s wearing a wide handkerchief banded around the hair line of her wig..her hair was already falling because of all those radiation and chemical treatments done to her in London. Melissa asked..”Will you be alright”? KimVerly replied..”I’ll be fine, don’t worry...how do I look, do I look sick”. With tears in her eyes, Melissa replied..”You look beautiful as ever”.

After few minutes, they saw Gerardo approaching with an envelope in his hand. He, himself is nervous about this meeting. He wanted that meeting because he wants to know how he feels now for KimVerly. They stared at each other for a while then KimVerly asked him to sit down. Melissa left the two of them. KimVerly talked first, her heart pounding, she wanted to run to him and cry all her tears out but she has to control herself..”You look fine..how are you..so you are getting married again?. She must be very beautiful and nice, to steal your heart, congratulations”.

Gerardo could not talk for a while, he just stared at her..he wanted to come to her and carry her, kiss her and tell her how much he misses her...he wanted her in his arms..he’s still in love with her but he has to settle and get down to the reason why he said he needed to see her though in his heart that was not really the reason, his lawyer can do it without him yet he chooses to do it himself to see KimVerly again.. clinging to his pride.…He can’t forget that KimVerly left him in misery ”How are you..you look good too". Remembering the first time he saw her in that same place..wearing the same color of dress..looking so beautiful.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........