One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 18

From a local hospital, KimVerly was transferred to the hospital ni Manila. Gerardo never left her side. He called Charlot and Melissa who rushed to the hospital taking Geraldine with them. He also called his mom, dad and younger brother and they all came. A union of two families in the most unexpected situation. Sometimes something has to happen to correct all the mistakes, to let people know that things happen for a reason and God is still the utmost divine power. The doctors were able to stabilize KimVerly but she's still in crtical condition. Gerardo put Geraldine on his lap and hugged her tight.... Geraldine was wondering but felt close to this man she saw for the first time. She was sleeping when Gerardo came to see her in her room before.

While Gerardo and KimVerly were in Batangas, Charlot was slowly telling Geraldine about her real daddy. At the hospital, Charlot told Geraldine that this is the man she was telling her as her dad. It was easy for the child, blood is after all thicker than water. She was also introduced to her dad's side of the family. Geraldine asked... "What happened to my mom, why is she always sleeping, can I wake her up now". Gerardo said, "Your mommy will wake up very soon and she will see us both and we will all be together, I promise you". Geraldine was just staring, listening, her innocent eyes observing, wondering what's going on. She asked..."Are you really my dad?.... Gerardo with a smile..."Yes, I am and I love you so much" then he embraced her lovingly.


It's getting late, Gerardo asked Charlot to take Geraldine home.. Melissa stayed with Gerardo in the hospital. Gerardo asked Melissa to stay with KimVerly for a while. He went to the chapel in the hospital, knelt crying... "Dear God, I had always been angry at you for the past years, blaming you when my wife left, I hated you for my miseries and not even once have I thanked you for all the blessings you had given me. I failed to see what You are trying to let me see and for the first time in my life, I am praying before you now with all my heart to please do not take my wife away again. I beg of you. Please give me a chance to make up for everything, one chance Lord and I promise I will take care of her, love her even more. Please allow my daughter to grow with the presence of both her mom and me. We've been apart too long, I am asking for your forgiveness, I failed you too many times, I won't fail you again, please let me have my wife for more years". His head bowed before the altar crying deeply.


Then he felt a hand on his shoulder, his mother.... "I am very sorry, son, I never told you, I knew why KimVerly left on that day, she made me promise not to tell you". Gerardo just looked at his mom, he wanted to get angry but what good would it do now. He said..."It's fine, mother, there is no room to get angry now... my wife needs us all". And together they pray fervently for KimVerly, for a miracle. Melissa came..."Gerardo, the doctor wants to talk to you", so he went to see the doctor.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........