One Promise....One Love - by: mpeLaurel

One Promise....One Love

Part 6

After being ill for few days, Gerardo came back to work only to find out that he has no job anymore. He came home angry and at this time he unintentionally brought it out on KimVerly. They had a fight but afterward, he asked for forgiveness..”I am sorry, I did not mean to yell at you. It’s just that everything seem to be falling apart at the same time”. In tears while holding KimVerly tight.

Gerardo can’t sleep. He saw KimVerly already sleeping, he got out of the room, went to talk to his mother in the kitchen. As they were talking KimVerly woke up and looked for him and she heard them talking. Gerardo was telling his mom how sorry he is for all that is happening.... "I made it harder for you instead of making it easier. You are helping me still instead of me helping you now. And every time I see KimVerly, it breaks my heart because I know how difficult it is for her, too.

"One time I went to see you at the market and I saw her helping you sell vegetables. My heart was torn into pieces, I wanted to run to her and tell her that everything will be alright but all I did was watch in tears. Sometimes, I think of just giving her up, so she can go home and live a normal life she used to, but how can I give her up.. I love her so much that to even think of losing her brings so much pain in my heart, I feel like I am going crazy”.

His mother replied.. ”Gerardo, sometimes, love is not enough to keep two people together.. you might have the right love for each other, but maybe the time is not right that is why all these things are happening. If you love someone, you will only think of what is the best for her”. KimVerly heard every word of it, she went back to their room crying.. thinking of everything she heard. Gerardo and his mom continue to talk..."What is the best for her mother? I know she loves me so much too and to send her away will tear her apart, I can't do that, I won't. I rather die because I can't live with it too, I love her so much mother".

The next morning, as soon as Gerardo left for another job hunting, KimVerly left to see her mom. When Charlot saw her, she said...”I knew you will come back, you do not belong there. Crying, she asked her mom..”If I leave him..would you stop torturing him..will you leave him and his family alone”. Charlot laughed and said..”Of course, I will leave him alone, I promise”. “Mom, I do not like just your promise..I want to see that you do it... I want you to find a way to give his old job back. He’s an intelligent engineer and because of me..because he chooses me, he lost that job and It would have not happened if you did not persuade his employer to fire him.. Now, I want to see that he gets his job back then you can come and take me. Your word is not enough for me, I want you to really do it”..She left with a heavy heart. She knew her mom is going to do it, because she wanted her back. On her way back, she stopped by the church and pray on her knees in the altar while crying.

 

TO BE CONTINUED........