One Promise....One Love

One Promise....One Love

One Love - Part 17

Back at the cottage, Gerardo and KimVerly found Melissa's note. Gerardo faced KimVerly and said.... "I will never leave you, now that I found you again, promise me you won’t leave me”, touching Kimverly's face..”You are always so beautiful”. He kisses her. KimVerly thought..”I wish, I could spend more time with you...I love you more than you know..but God has other plan for us”. And she kisses him back. It was already late in the afternoon when KimVerly woke up..staring at Gerardo's face lying beside her. Touching his face as she used to do..”I never forget this face..it’s always in my memory..you’re the only love I know..the only man in my life..I will love you through eternity. I will wait for you and I will love only you”.

Gerardo woke up..stared at Kimverly and kiss her again over and over, he whisper..”I love you so much”. In his mind....”God, please don’t take her away from me…not yet, I beg of you”, and he sobbed, his head next to her heart. Then they talk about Geraldine..how she was when she was born and growing up as a sweet little girl, so much like Gerardo... They laugh about it…KimVerly said..”She looks like you...didn’t you notice?”…Gerardo asked..”Do you want to go back now and get her”? KimVerly replied..”You will take care of her..the two of you will be together for a long time..you will see her grow..you will be present in her school activities..you will see her through her prom, dance with her on her 18th birthday..be nervous on her first date..you will walk her down the aisle when she gets married”.

Gerardo's crying while listening to Kimverly…”and you, you need to marry again, you have to find your happiness”. Gerardo cupped her face and kiss her lips..”I am already married to you..I do not want anybody else but you..I promise to love ..but to only you. You and I will see and watch Geraldine grow into a fine lady just like you. We will be together for a very long time, till the end of time".

His lips on hers, her forehead, her eyes, her nose, her cheeks, her chin then to her neck and bossom and to her lips again.... kissing her, touching her tenderly. Then he held her tight brushing her head gently with his fingers. "Must you go see a doctor..should you be in the hospital”. KimVerly replied..”Shhhh, I do not need to be..they already tried everything, but honestly, I feel stronger now that you’re here..let us stay here for a while. I want to spend the rest of my days with you..just you and me”. Gerardo pressed KimVerly's head against his chest as tears roll down his face and he kissed her…again and again and again.... gently and lovingly..."I wish this moment will never end, I just want to hold you, to make love with you".

Every morning they walk and play on the shore..they sit to watch the sunset and the sunrise..for a while they forgot that KimVerly is ill.. They are so happy just being together. Every morning when KimVerly wakes up..she stares at Gerardo's face memorizing it more, over and over. Gerardo knew but he did not want to open his eyes, he does not want KimVerly seeing him cry. Silently he's praying for a miracle. KimVerly felt strong. If true love can cure, KimVerly is already cured but it's not that simple.

One morning Gerardo woke up without KimVerly on his side..Feeling so nervous, he jump to find her. He saw her sitting on that rock..their rock staring at the sun as it rises in the horizon. He came to her and hold her in his arms, he’s so afraid praying..”Dear God, please no..I beg of you”. KimVerly slowly whispered..”My husband, my love..remember I will always love you. Carry me and take me to the shore...hold me and never let go. I am cold, make me warm. Take care of Geraldine. Be happy. I want you to know..you and Geraldine are the best gifts God has given me.. Hold me”. Crying Gerardo said..."Please don't leave me, I need you, I can't make it without you. Please be strong for me, fight... for me and our daughter. I have to take you to the hospital now".

 

TO BE CONTINUED........