The Waking Up

Karate Kids

5 AM

 
Jaemi’s POV
 
RING RING RING
 
I pulled the blanket off my face. “Ya, Jeongmin, pick up the phone, I’m sleeping!” I ordered him groggily.  I covered my face with the blanket again. 
 
“You pick it up, I’m sleeping too!” Jeongmin rolled to his side, rolling blanket with him, and put his head under his pillow. 
 
I poked my head out from under the blankets again and smirked. “You’re my slave, better pick it up or I'll tell Yoomi, and Yoomi will tell Youngmin and well... UH OH.”  I yanked back the blanket and looked over to see if he was moving.
 
Jeongmin jumped in surprise.  He looked at his side of the bed, blanket-less, looked at himself, shirtless and in boxers, and glared at me, with all the blankets and a big smile.  “Fine fine!” He reached for the phone.
 
“Hello?" He paused. "Okay, bye." He hung up the phone.
 
"Who was it?" 
 
“Fen teacher." I groaned and fell back in the blankets. "Ya Jaemi, in two hours, two babies will be here for us to take care of!  We need to go to Youngmin and Yoomi's room!”  He shook me impatiently.
 
“Okay... whatever, I’ll wake up later,” I sighed.  Jeongmin shook his head and got off the bed.
 
BEEP BEEP BEEP
 
I groaned and blindly felt around for my phone on the nightstand. “What the hell?  Who's texting me this early in the morning?” I found my phone and turned it on.  After blinding my eyes with the bright screen, I read a text from Nara.
 
“Ya, wake up!  You have an hour until the babies come!  Y&Y's room, NOW!”
 
“WHAT?  OH NO!  YA, JEONGMIN, WE'RE LATE!” I slid out of bed.
 
Jeongmin walked out of the bathroom.  "Ya, sleepyhead, YOU'RE late.  I already took a shower." 
 
I pushed past him into the bathroom. "Well I gotta take one!"
 
He poked his head in. “You want me to make you breakfast?" 
 
“YA!  Get out!  Fine, if you want to!  We got an hour!" I slammed the door in his face. 
 

Yoomi’s POV

RING RING RING

“Ugh... Phone..." I reached for the phone on the nightstand.  "Hello?”
 
“Yoomi, in two hours, two 6 month old babies will be over at your room.  You and the others will be taking care of them."
 
I sat straight up. “EH?  BABIES?  YES!  OKAY!  BYE!” I practically threw the phone back.
 
I dived over to Youngmin and grabbed his collar. “Youngmin wake up!  Wake up!  WAKE UP!”  I pulled him up and down.
 
“What are you doing?  Let me sleep...” Youngmin whined and tried to turn over.
 
I poked him. “WAKE UP!  We need to go shopping!”

"Shopping?" He slowly opened his eyes. "Why?”

“Fen teacher said in two hours, two babies will be coming.”
 
“Why are you so excited?” Youngmin groaned and rolled over. 
 
I slid out of bed. “I love babies!” 
 
“Five more minutes please” he begged.
 
I gave up. “Okay, fine...” I figured that I'd be able to take care of my bathroom business before he got up.  I took a shower and stepped out of the bathroom.  I looked at the clock.  Fifteen minutes had passed and Youngmin was still sleeping.  I sighed and threw my hands up.  I marched over to the bed and stood over him.
 
I slapped the top of his head, the only part of him not covered in blanket. “OMG!  WAKE UP SLEEPY HEAD!” 
 
“Noo... I don’t want to...” He sat up long enough to push me away and disappeared under the blankets again.
 
I put my hands on my hips.  Then I got an idea...  "AH!  Youngmin, I think I’m going to faint... Something's wrong with me..." He didn't move. "My head hurts so bad!” I fell on the floor to help convince him.
 
He jumped out of bed and kneeled beside me. “Ya!  Yoomi, you okay?”
 
“My head hurts...” I held my head.
 
He helped me stand. “Here, let’s go to the bed," he said as he walked me to the bed.
 
I gave him a side-glance. “Are you fully awake?”
 
"Yeah, you scared the heck out of me!"
 
I started laughing.  He looked confused. “Wow, is my acting really that good?” I laughed again.
 
“YA!”
 
“That seems to be the only way to wake you up!” I stood up laughing and started making a shopping list.  He stuck out his tongue and walked to the bathroom.
 
 
Hwayoung’s POV
 
RING RING RING
 
“Hello?” I asked sleepily. 
 
“Get up now.  You girls and boys will be taking care of two babies today.  Meet in Yoomi and Youngmin's room."
 
 Minwoo looked up.  "Who is it?" he whispered.
 
I waved my free hand at him to shush. He fell back asleep. “What time?"
 
“Seven.”
 
“Okay, thanks Fen teacher." I hung up.
 
I shook Minwoo's shoulder. “MInwoo, wake up, Fen teacher called and told us to get ready."  
 
Minwoo looked up again.  "Why?"
 
I slid off the bed.  "We're taking care of two babies today over at Yoomi and Youngmin's room.  We gotta be there at seven.” 
 
“Oh really?  Yay!  I’ll get ready first!” Minwoo ran to the bathroom.  I stared at the closed bathroom door.  A guy who likes babies?  That's cute...
 
Minwoo poked his head out of the bathroom. “Ya!  Come on, we don’t have time!” 
 
“I'm waiting for you to be done,” I said, embarrassed he caught me staring at the bathroom. "I'm making the bed!"
 
“It’s already six, we only have an hour to get ready!” MInwoo disappeared in the bathroom again.
 
“WHAT?  SIX?  OMG!” I pounded on the bathroom door.  "Hurry up!"
 

HeeChin’s POV

RING RING RING

I almost didn't hear the phone. “Pick up the phone,” I ordered Donghyun.
 
“No, you pick it up.”
 
“You pick it up.  You're the boy.”
 
“You!  Hurry up and pick it up.  I'm more tired.”
 
“NO.” 
 
The phone stopped ringing.
 
I kicked him. “It’s your fault.” 
 
He sat up. “How is it my fault?” 
 
“I told you to pick up the phone!” I sat up too.
 
“But then I told you to pick up the phone!”
 
“Shut up!”
 
RING RING RING
 
We looked at the phone and back at each other.
 
“Again? You pick up the phone!” he yelled. 
 
I thought quickly. “Rock, paper, scissors?”
 
He sighed. “No problem, I always win this.”
 
“Kawi, pai, po!” 
 
“AHAHA, I got paper, go get the phone!” Donghyun groaned and got up to get the phone. "'I always win this!'" I mimicked.
 
“Hello?” He glared at me.  He looked surprised. “That early?" He paused. "Okay, bye!” He hung up.
 
“Get up, we have to take care of two babies with the rest of our teams,” he called as he walked in the bathroom.
 
“Okay!  God, stop talking already, you’re so annoying!” 
 
"I'm taking my shower first!" he said and shut the door. 
 
I turned over and put my pillow on my head.  "I said shut up!  You lower the IQ of everyone in the hotel!" 
 
I heard him laugh in the bathroom and I fell back asleep.
 

Nara’s POV

RING RING RING

"Ugh... Phone..." I groaned.
 
"I got it..." Hyunseung picked up the phone. "Hello?"  He paused. "Okay." He hung up and laid down again. “Pshh whatever I’m not doing it.”
 
I rubbed my eyes, now interested. “Do what?” 
 
He hugged his pillow. “They want us to babysit two babies with the rest of our teams today," he mumbled.
 
I sprang out of bed, suddenly awake. “Come on… seriously?  God!" I ran to his side of the bed and started shaking him. "I already have a baby brother at home already!  I love babies!  God!  Get up!” I pulled him off the bed and he hit the floor with a loud bang.
 
He stood up a little wobbly. “Okay, okay!”
 

Hyunmi’s POV

I walked out of the bathroom holding the hairdryer.  “OMG, wake up Kwangmin!” 

Kwangmin covered his face with the blanket.  "Noooo..." He'd refused to get up for twenty minutes.  I set the hairdryer down and marched over to the bed. 
 
I yanked the blanket off him. “WAKE UP!” 
 
“Noooo...” He pulled it back on.
 
I yanked it away again and threw it behind me.  I smacked his . “WAKE UP!” 
 
He sat up immediately. “What the heck?  Don’t touch my !”
 
I turned my back to him and crossed my arms. “OMG! I’M TELLING SAEM!” I looked at him in the corner of my eye.
 
His eyes got big. “I’m awake, I’m awake!  Don’t tell saem!” He got out of bed and headed toward the bathroom.
 
“Okay, hurry up!  We got an hour!" I ran to the bathroom to grab the hairdryer and plugged it in the plug by the lamp while he got ready.