Showtime 2

Karate Kids

Hwayoung's POV

As soon as I opened the door, Minwoo and I were hit with squeals and shocked expressions.
 
“OMG!  WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?” Nara screamed running towards me.
 
“I can't believe it!”
 
“That was so cute!”
 
“The best!”
 
“So cheesy!”
 
“Cute!  Jealous!”
 
“I was wondering when you’d get around to it!”
 
I subconsciously grabbed Minwoo's arm for support because of my claustrophobia with groups of people.  I saw his face was burning up again.
 
“Okay guys, no need to be all hyped up about it,” he tried.
 
Jeongmin came up behind us and Jaemi ran to him and hugged him tightly. “I didn’t know you were that good at the guitar!” she gushed. 
 
He smiled and hugged her back. 
 
I leaned over to kiss him on the cheek. “Thank you Jeongmin!”
 
“No problem, Minwoo asked me yesterday, so…” he blushed.
 
“Ya, you’re so talented,” Jaemi said and hugged him again. 
 
I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket.  I pulled it out and saw I had a text.  “Sender: Yoomi”.  I looked around for Youngmin and couldn’t find him.  I linked my arm with Minwoo’s and rested my head on his shoulder. 
 
To: Hwayoung
From: Yoomi
 
OMG!  That was so cute!  I wanted to scream and jump around too OMG!  You both confessed to each other, our 4th couple!  I can’t believe it, and you didn’t have to tell me you love him, because I knew about it already, totally obvious the way you look at each other!  Kekekeke, anyways congratulations guys!  BYE!  BBYONG 
 
I smiled at the text.  I wished she could be out here too, but there was Youngmin to think about. 
 
To: Yoomi
From: Hwayoung
 
Thank you!  Was it really that obvious?  And I wish you were here too but hey, it’s okay, you will be out here soon.  Hang in there just a bit more, fighting!  By the way, Youngmin won’t stop saying he‘s “jealous” about everyone.  I guess he really misses you and loves you <3 
 
I felt Minwoo shake his arm a little. “Hwayoung, who are you texting?” 
I looked around for Youngmin.  He was standing a little farther away listening to his iPod, probably memorizing ‘Nagging’.  
 
“Yoomi,” I mouthed anyway and Minwoo nodded. 
 
“What’d she say?“ he asked quietly.  I handed him my cell phone.
 
“Aw, I feel bad for her and Youngmin,” he whispered.
 
Jaemi saw us and feigned dismay. “Oh no,” she said, “We’re going to have another lovey-dovey couple like Nara and Hyunseung!” she teased.
 
“We’re not as bad as them!” Nara pouted.
 
"Well... true," Jaemi agreed and winked at her.  
 
Minwoo and I stuck our tongues out at them at the same time.  Everyone laughed and once we realized what we did, we covered our mouths in embarrassment at the same time too.    
 
“Nara and Hyunseung!” 
 
Kwangmin tapped Hyunseung‘s shoulder. “It’s your turn!” 
 
 
Nara's POV
 
Hyunseung slipped his hand into mine and squeezed it encouragingly. “Ready?”
 
I breathed out. “Yeah, I think so,” I smiled.
 
“Good luck guys!”
 
“Have fun!”
 
“Don’t let your voice crack!”
 
“Show the love!”
 
We walked out of the room together and confidently onto the stage.  We tried to be professional, but we couldn’t help stealing glances at each other.  Hyunseung kissed my hand that was intertwined with his and put it back down again.
 
He bowed first. “I’m Hyunseung,” he said to the audience.
 
I waved with my free hand. “And I’m Nara!”
 
We separated and gripped our microphones as the music for ‘We Met For the First Time’ by G.Na and Wheesung started.  The audience responded positively to it.   
 
Hyunseung waved cutely to me. “Hello, nice to meet you, you're prettier than I thought you would be.” 
 
I stuck my tongue out playfully.  He smiled and kept singing. “I heard a lot about you, I hear you've been looking for a good person lately.” 
 
He stopped singing and stared at me affectionately.  His vocal range was amazing, so there were already some cheers from the audience.
 
I stared into his eyes like he said to do when I got nervous. “It's a pleasure, nice to meet you,” I sang shakily.
 
“You're more handsome than I thought you would be
I also heard about you, that you're lonely.” I felt my hands shaking from nervousness. 
 
Hyunseung noticed the look on my face and he moved close to me and held my hand, his eyes never leaving mine.
 
I felt a wave of relief and comfort at his touch and smiled again.  The crowd was getting excited.  
We turned to the audience. 
 
“I think this will be an okay fate
Do you feel what I feel too?
I feel like you know me already
This thrilling joy!” The crowd cheered at our voices blending together. 
 
“Let's meet tomorrow and the day after that
I want to get to know you more
I'm curious and excited
It looks like I'll come to like you!” 
 
I was more comfortable and Hyunseung could tell. 
 
“Did you sleep? Did you have a good dream?” he sang to me.
 
“I happen to have nothing to do today
I want to buy you a cup of coffee
If you have time, do you want to meet?” He took my hand and held it higher, and I spun as he sang. 
 
I spun to a stop in front of him.  I circled around him as I sang my verse.
 
“I found you, the weather is really nice
I also don't have anything to do today
I thought about what I should do
Let's meet right now!” I hugged him tight from behind.  The audience “awwwed” and we blushed.
 
“I think this will be an okay fate
Do you feel what I feel too
I feel like you know me already
This thrilling joy!” I released him and we walked along the edge of the stage.
 
“Let's meet tomorrow and the day after that
I want to get to know you more
I'm curious and excited
It looks like I'll come to like you.” We stood in front of each other and Hyunseung took my hands and looked at me adoringly.    
 
I pointed to myself then to him. “You and me together.”  
 
Hyunseung pulled me in for a hug. “You and me together.”
 
I got prepared to raise my voice. “Oh baby baby,” I sang.
“I hope that this is your mind too
I feel like up until now, my painful loves have been a lie.” We faced the audience again.
 
The highest note was next. “Thank you so much!” I knew Hyunseung could do it perfectly because it wasn’t that high for him.  I stretched out my neck to reach the higher notes without cracking.  Please don’t crack, I prayed.  The notes were over and my voice hadn’t cracked.  Hyunseung flashed a congratulatory smile to me and I beamed back.   
 
Our hands found each other again and we sang with the audience’s help. 
 
“We fit so well together
You must feel this feeling too
It feels like this world is a park
Just for the two of us
Let's get to know each other slowly
Carefully, carefully, like every day is the first
Like our first meeting pushed us together
Always with a fluttering heart
Let's try…” 
 
We ended the song by each of us making a piece of a heart and putting them together.  The music faded and the crowd screamed with support.  We held hands again and exited the stage.  Before we entered the waiting room, Hyunseung hugged me and leaned over to kiss me on my cheek.  I blushed and gave him a quick peck on the nose.  He laughed and we opened the door.
 
 
Hwayoung’s POV 
 
We crowded around Nara and Hyunseung gushing about their performance.  
 
Jaemi’s voice raised above all the others. “Good job Nara!” 
 
I hugged Nara tightly. “You didn‘t crack your voice!” 
 
“That was awesome!”
 
“Very very cute!”
 
Kwangmin punched Hyunseung‘s shoulder and smiled. “Did you hear the crowd?”
 
“Man, I’m jealous,” Youngmin piped up.
 
Nara crossed her arms and blushed. “Guys, it’s okay, we just sang… It’s not like something big happened.” She pretended to cough and snuck a peek at Minwoo and me.  Minwoo was hugging me and I was leaning against him, but when she looked at us again we jumped away from each other as if we were radioactive.  
 
Kwangmin looked from Nara to us and tried to keep a straight face. “Right!  We need to keep calm, it’s not like they confessed to each other or something,” he said, his mouth wobbling.  
 
Donghyun joined in. “Yeah!  They just made little hearts, that’s it, nothing big…” 
 
Minwoo was blushing like crazy. “Guys… we ARE still here,” he tried to say firmly.
 
“We’re not dumb guys,” I protested, my face feeling hotter and hotter.
 
Youngmin raised his hands to silence them. “Alright alright, we’ll stop.” Not a second later, they burst out in uncontrollable laughter.
 
“Come on guys!” I pouted.
 
“Yeah…” Minwoo pulled out his adorable aegyo.
 
Jaemi was bent over and raised her hand. “Okay, okay, we’ll stop,” she said.  Everyone tried to recover.
 
I felt a buzzing in my back pocket again.  I pulled out my phone. 
 
To: Hwayoung
From: Yoomi
 
I’m laughing like crazy right now hehehehehe… Just you guys were so cute!  Yeah Nara and Hyunseung, that was just normal, they didn’t like, reveal their feelings to each other or kiss!  Hyunseung didn’t kneel down and give Nara roses and teddy bear ;)  We shouldn’t go too crazy about them… Ahaha bye!  Don’t kill me!  Love you! 
 
“JUNG YOOMI!” I realized I had said her name out loud and hurriedly exited out of the text.  Youngmin swooped in beside me and bombarded me with questions.
 
“What’s wrong with Yoomi?  Is she okay?  What happened to her?  She’s doing fine?  Is she drowning?”  He looked at me then my cell phone. “What’s wrong with her?” His voice was heartbreakingly concerned. 
 
“Youngmin, calm down, nothing is wrong with her.” I patted his shoulder. “Just… I wish she were here,” I lied. 
 
Youngmin‘s shoulders fell, relieved. “Oh… okay.”  He walked to the back to get some water. 
 
“Guys, look at this,” I mouthed to the others.  I handed my phone to Minwoo first. “Quick, before Youngmin comes back.” It was passed around with each person turning red trying to keep in their laughter. 
 
Donghyun was the last to read it. “Puahahaha!”  The rest of the group couldn’t hold it in and their laughs escaped. 
 
“I almost feel sorry about it all,” Minwoo said flatly.
 
I hugged him and got on my tip toes to kiss his cheek. “You shouldn’t,” I said and everyone made gagging faces or were still getting over the giggles.  Clueless Youngmin walked back and looked thoroughly confused.
 
“Donghyun and HeeChin!”
 
Minwoo pushed Donghyun and Heechin to the door. “Guys, stop laughing already, get on stage!”
 
“Good luck, bye!” we cheered. 
 
 
HeeChin’s POV
 
I didn’t know what to do with Donghyun.  We couldn’t exactly act like the others, but I didn’t want to be awkward… And it’s not like all of us are going to be couples… My heart clenched at the thought.  I glanced at Donghyun and wondered if he thought the same thing.
 
We stood a few feet away from each other so as to not seem like a couple, but a regular duet. 
 
“Are we friends or are we dating?
These days I’ve been confusing about you, even more about me
We also watch movies, also go for a walk
Then I’m telling you the secret deep inside woo woo” 
 
I looked at Donghyun and saw he was staring at me smiling as he was singing.  He awkwardly looked away, blushing.
 
“Our friendship is something closer than lovers
But what should I do? 
I’ve grown so fond of you baby,” we sang.  I looked at him again and saw he was looking at the audience.  I could do this.  I looked at the audience too.
 
“Before I know it, everything of you
I’ve grown fond of everything of you
Silently, more silently, I will come closer to you
I like all that you are, like everything,” we sang togther.  He moved a little closer to me and shyly smiled.  I raised an eyebrow and kept singing.
 
“Even though the words ‘I love you’ aren’t said
Please just stay with me like this
Please promise me, forever…” The audience wasn’t doing anything.  I instantly realized we weren’t doing much of anything, so I moved closer to Donghyun.  He smiled at me and looked back to the audience.
 
“My heart wants to confess everything like a man
You’d better catch my heart, you’d better know my heart baby!” I bent over in order to reach the high notes, which I successfully executed.
 
“The love that is more precious than love
I want to give my all
Slowly, more slowly, I will give all my heart…” I closed my eyes and felt the music flow through.
 
“I like all that you are, like everything
Even though those words are awkward
Please be there, sometimes as friends
Sometimes as lovers, forever…” I opened my eyes to see Donghyun glancing at me.  He blushed and looked the other way.
 
“‘There’s no friendship between boys and girls’
I didn’t believe it back then
No, even though we become lovers
We will continue being even better friends
I will listen to you!” We looked at each other at the same time, but this time I didn’t look away.  His face brightened and slowly moved closer.
 
“More than the words “I love you”
We still, with our sweet feelings
Little by little, starting from to day
I like all that you are, like everything,” we sang as our eyes never left each other. 
 
He stopped and offered his hand to me. “Your hands that I took, I won’t let go…” I accepted it and the audience made some noise.  I smiled at him.
 
He brought my hand to his chest. “But instead I will be by your side,” he sang.  He looked at my hand at covered it with his other.  The crowd started to cheer.
 
Donghyun caught me off guard and hugged me. “Saying ‘I love you‘… Forever…” I set my head with care on his shoulder, but felt extremely awkward.  The music finished and we jumped away from each other.  I hurriedly bowed and walked offstage with him.
 
When we opened the door, there wasn’t any cheering, everyone had their arms crossed or their hands on their hips. 
 
“What?” Donghyun asked.  I grabbed my water bottle and tried to get it open.
 
“What the heck was that?” Jaemi blurt out.
 
“Yeah, that was awkward…”
 
“All you did was standing there and sing!”
 
“We hugged at the end,” I said. 
 
“But still.  Compared to the others, you guys were boring,” Nara said.
 
“Come on guys, do all of us have be a couple?  How could we act like that?” I asked.  I felt myself blushing hard.
 
“It‘s called acting,” Kwangmin said.  He shook his head and walked out of the room.  Hyunmi looked around helplessly and followed him.
 
Hwayoung put her hand on my shoulder. “It was good though, your vocals were amazing,” said.
 
“Yeah, the ‘baby’ part was so high and you guys sang that, like many times, so jealous,” Nara added.
 
“Thanks guys,” Donghyun and I said.  I glanced at him again and smiled.  He smiled back and I turned my back to him to throw my water bottle away.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Coauthor: We wrote the songs out in their English translations because a majority of readers speak English ^^  And I put links to the songs so you can listen too! ^^

"We Met For the First Time" ~G.Na ft. Wheesung

"Confession of a Friend" ~2AM