Showtime

Karate Kids

Jaemi's POV

 
Jeongmin grabbed my hand as we walked up the stage.  I looked up at him and smiled.  He flashed a smile and squeezed my hand tighter.  As we walked across the stage, Jeongmin waved to the crowd.  They responded with a roar of cheers.  Liu teacher ran up to give us microphones and ran back to the audience and we let go of each other.   
 
I held up my microphone and waved at the crowd. “Annyeonghaseyo Jaemi imnida!” 
 
Jeongmin bowed. “Jeongmin-eyo!” He nodded to the back to start the music.
 
'If You Want a Lover' by Yoseob and Gayoon started playing and some girls in the crowd squealed.
 
“If I have a boy friend, there’ll be so many things I want to do," I sang.  I walked away from Jeongmin to the other side of the stage. "I’ve dreamt I have a boy friend like that." I glanced at him and back at the audience. "The first, kissing him in the street!” I blew a kiss to him.  He blushed and the audience squealed.
 
“The second, catching the early train for Chooncheon with him." I slowly walked toward the center of the stage. "The third, going on a picnic with him." Jeongmin slowly walked toward me. "The fourth, the piggy back ride." We met in the middle and locked eyes, then turned to the audience. 
 
"The fifth, couple-ring is basic to our love!” Jeongmin reached into his pocket and held a couple ring out to me.  My mouth dropped, then smiled and I held out my hand.  He slipped it on my finger and the crowd cheered loudly. 
 
I touched my heart. “Boo boo boo, it’ll be really sweet, the thought of it makes my heart flutter!” He grinned and he walked away from me.
 
“I’ll try to do every one a day with you, I’m so happy to be with you!" I barreled toward him. "I’m so happy we both are together!” I hugged him tight from behind.  Everyone screamed.  
 
He turned around and hugged me back, smiling the whole time. “You’re a real treasure to me, baby baby baby baby baby boooo!” I sang.  I looked up at him and he released me.  He walked to the front of the stage and almost all the girls swooned.  
 
“If I have a girlfriend, there’ll be so many things I also want to do
I’ve always envied another’s girlfriend," he sang.  I walked up next to him and he winked at me.
 
"The sixth, I’ll go to late night movies with you
The seventh, I’ll go to amusement parks with you
The eighth, I’ll hold a surprise event for you.” He moved behind me and hugged tightly. 
 
“Boo boo boo I’ll be really happy because of you
The thought of it makes my heart flutter
I’ll try to do every one a day with you," he sang and he rested his head on my shoulder.
 
"I’m so happy to be with you
I’m so happy we both are together." He turned me so our sides were facing the audience and took my hands. 
 
“You’re a real treasure to me, baby baby baby baby baby boooo yeahhh
I’ve been alone on my birthdays
I’ve had nothing do on the weekend 
But I’m eagerly looking forward to such named days!” He smiled as he patted my head.  
 
I smiled back. “I’m so happy to be with you, I’m so happy we both are together!” I sang. 
 
I knew the high notes were next and I took a breath.  We sang together. “No matter where you are, or whatever we’re doing!” My high notes were smooth and my eyes widened in surprise.  Jeongmin smiled at me.
 
“I’ve wanted to do best best things among the rest” Jeongmin sang and took a breath.  He took my hand and we walked around the stage swinging our hands. Every few seconds we'd glance at each other.
 
“Everyday what I really try to do with you, is to tell you “I love you”
What I really want to hear from you, is such a word “I love you”
Thank you for coming to me
I’m so happy to be with you
You are my only love, baby baby baby baby baby boooo," we sang.
 
"Baby baby baby (my one and only love) baby booooo,” I finished.
 
The song faded and Jeongmin turned me to face him.  He leaned over and kissed my forehead gently.  The audience went wild and I grinned.  I almost kissed him back, but someone from the audience yelled, "Get a room!"  We blushed fiercely and we ran off the stage back to the dressing room where everyone was waiting for us. 
 
Kwangmin came over and high fived Jeongmin, then me. “Good job guys!” 
 
Hwayoung ran up and gave me a big hug. “That was so cute!” she gushed.
 
“That was…”
 
HeeChin finished Donghyun's thought. “Unexpected!” 
 
I laughed. “Calm down, you almost never scream, what happened?” I .
 
“I just... got a little excited!” she said sheepishly.  Everyone laughed.
 
I looked around and saw Youngmin. “That was good, I’m jealous,” he pouted.  I hugged him lightly and he started talking to Kwangmin.  I really hoped he would like the surprise in store for him.
 
 
Minwoo's POV
 
"Minwoo and Hwayoung!" 
 
I turned to Hwayoung. “It’s our turn." She nodded and bit her lip nerviously.  "Wish us luck guys!” I said to the others as I pushed Hwayoung to the door.
 
“Good luck!”
 
“Have fun!”
 
“Don’t get too touchy!”
 
We left the room and entered backstage. "You guys'll have to wait for a sec, they have to set up the lights and music," one of the stage crew said.  We nodded and he left us alone.  
 
Hwayoung got closer to me because there wasn't a lot of room. “You heard them, don’t get too touchy!” She shook her finger at me.
 
I smiled at her seriousness. “Too bad that we have to, the choreography demands it,” I winked.
 
"Oh I don't think it's just the choreography that demands it... who made the choreography again?"  I was relieved backstage was dark, otherwise she would've seen me blushing.  She looked into my eyes. “I won’t let you get that close to me.  I warned you before,” she warned with a teasing smile.
 
“Oh really?" I scoffed.  I held my hands up and smiled. "I'm so scared!”  She stuck her tongue out at me.   
 
The guy from earlier popped back in. “You guys ready?"  We nodded.  As we walked onstage, I noticed her face was frozen.  I leaned over. "Don't be nervous," I whispered.  She looked at me and forced herself to smile. "Better," I said.     
 
Hwayoung bowed to the audience. “Hey guys, I’m Hwayoung,” she said.   
 
I gave a little wave. “I’m Minwoo,” I said and made a peace sign.  The girls screamed about my "cute eyesmile".  I saw in the corner of my eye Hwayoung looking irritated so I put my hand down immediately.  
 
“I hate you,” she said under her breath.  I saw she was smiling.  
 
"Aww, don't be jealous, you're my dance partner, right?" I winked.  
 
We walked to opposite sides of the stage.  The music started and I slid over to Hwayoung and flashed my jacket, moved to the middle, and punched the stage.  I saw out of the corner of my eye Hwayoung pumped her chest at the same time, just as we practiced.
 
We moved close and she popped her left hip as I flashed my jacket again.  We did a body wave together, but she looked a little stiff with stage fright.  I was supposed to only pretend to slap her , but I did it for real, but not too hard, just enough to loosen her up.  She looked surprised. "Was that necessary?" she hissed and pushed me away like the choreography went.  The audience made a few surprised screams. 
 
We met in the middle and kept dancing in sync.  She grabbed my jacket and pulled me close to do another wave.  "You wouldn't loosen up," I whispered.  I got behind her and we did the dance together again.  We spun to opposite sides of the stage again.  Hwayoung moved and spun her head around which got a few guys whistling.  I quickly moved over to her and made a motion to come to me.  She saw my irritated look and thought it was directed at her, so she rushed her part.  She spun around and stopped in front of me.  She put her arm up and I trailed my hand down it and did the wave together. "You're doing fine now," I whispered.  "You didn't mind, did you?" She smiled and shook her head, and we moved away from each other again.
 
The rest of the dance was perfect.  I blocked out the audience and focused on Hwayoung's movements.  Practicing alone in the dance room was great, but something about being on stage with her with the blinding lights beating down on us and the music pumping from everywhere.  I realised we were almost done.  We circled each other and moved in close.  We did another wave, danced in sync, then spun away to opposite sides of the stage.  We moved to the middle and did some body waves.  She spun around and grabbed both sides of my jacket as we waved.  I pulled her into kissing position and we leaned in... and the music stopped. 
 
The music was replaced with cheers and some whistles.  Hwayoung pulled away and bowed.  My shoulders drooped in disappointment.  I stood next to her and bowed to the audience.  She stood straight and started to exit the stage, but I grabbed her arm before she could.  She looked at me with a confused expression and stopped moving.     
 
The cheers died down a little and I bent over to catch my breath. “Okay guys, how was it?” I wiped my forehead with my sleeve.
 
A babble of unintelligible cheers came from the audience.  I nodded and smiled.  I looked at Hwayoung and saw she was staring at me.  She blushed and looked back to the audience.
 
“But uhm, I actually have a confession to make,” I said.  The audience murmured with curiosity. 
 
“What are you doing?” Hwayoung whispered. 
 
Jeongmin walked onto the stage with two stools and his guitar with a big smile.  Hwayoung turned around and saw him setting down the stools, sitting on one of them, and tuning up the guitar.  She looked to me, confused.  "Minwoo..."
 
Jeongmin handed me a microphone and stood next to Jeongmin.  I nodded to him and he smiled and started strumming on his guitar.  Hwayoung's eyes widened as she recognized the song.     
 
"When I look at you, my face turns red
When I look at you, my heart goes thump thump
I speak shyly like a child," I sang.  Hwayoung clapped her hands to .
 
"Looking at you, I smile without a reason
I keep doing that like a fool
It seems like love came to me." Jeongmin looked up with a smile and nodded to encourage the audience who was squealing.
 
I walked toward Hwayoung as I rapped slowly. 
"You are the president in my heart
You lay out the stars in my heart
I’m genie for you girl
You make my breath stop
Everything you want
Because I love you
There is no reason for my love, you know."
 
I stood in front of Hwayoung who still had her hands covering , but was staring at the floor.  I gently tipped her chin to look me in the eyes and moved one of her hands away from her face and held it.
 
"You my darling
You are more beautiful than the 
Starlights in the night sky
You are my love light that twinkles deep inside my heart
I love you darling
Please always shine by my side
The more I look at you every night
And look at you again, you are beautiful
You are my love light." 
 
I kissed her hand and I saw her eyes well up with tears, but she was smiling.
 
"When I look at you, I feel like I’m flying above the clouds
It’s childish, but I keep feeling that way
It seems like 
Love came to me
 
You my darling
You are more beautiful than the 
Starlights in the night sky
You are my love light that twinkles deep inside my heart
I love you darling
Please always shine by my side
The more I look at you every night
And look at you again, you are beautiful
You are my love light." 
 
I smiled and slowly led her over to the stool next to Jeongmin.  She sat down in a dazed, but happy state.  
 
"You are lovely
You are even brighter than the sunlight in that sky
You are my love light that brightens even the 
Darkest part inside my heart."
 
I kneeled in front of her as I sang the last verse.
 
"I love you lovely
Even with my eyes closed, I can see you
The more I look at you like this
And look at you, you are blinding
You are my love light."
 
Jeongmin strummed the last notes.  He got up and went backstage as  the audience squealed.  I waited until they stopped.
 
"Hwayoung, I've had the pleasure of knowing you and being close to you for this entire month.  I've loved spending every second with you.  I've put this off because I was afraid of your answer, but I know I have to tell you before we go back to school so I hope we won't be strangers.  I know this isn't a ferris wheel..." 
 
Jeongmin came back onstage and handed me a rose and a teddy bear.  I held them out to Hwayoung. "But I know this is one of your favorite songs, and I think it's perfect to tell you how I feel... So Hwayoung... will you be my girlfriend?" 
 
She was completely speechless.  A tear escaped her eye and she wiped it away quickly. "I... I..."  I bit my lip nervously.
 
"YES!  YES!  YES!" the audience chanted.  
 
Hwayoung looked at the audience and then back at me.  My heart beat faster. "Minwoo... ever since I met you, everytime I heard 'Love Light' I thought of you... And I've been hoping you'd sing it to me," she sniffed and laughed.  She wiped away another tear.  
 
"So is that a yes?" I asked. 
 
She took the rose and bear and set them on the stool Jeongmin sat in.  She nodded.  
 
The audience burst out into applause but all I cared about was that she said yes.  I stood up and she did too.  I hugged her and spun her around.
 
"KISS!  KISS!  KISS!  KISS!" the audience cheered.  I stopped spinning her and looked at them.  I saw the teachers in the front row cheering too.  I looked back to Hwayoung.  Tears were shining off her cheeks, but she was smiling from ear to ear.  
 
I smiled back. "You don't know how long I've wanted to do this," I said.  I hugged her waist, pulling her so there wasn't any space between us, and tilted my head, leaning in closer.
 
She put her arms around my neck. "Probably not as long as I have," she whispered and she pressed her lips against mine.
 
Slowly the world faded away and time slowed down.  I was only aware of me and Hwayoung.  I slipped my hand on her cheek, and pulled her in tighter with my other hand around her waist.  I was about to cup her face between both of my hands when Hwayoung suddenly parted.  I realized we were onstage.  The audience was still cheering like before, so I felt it was safe to assume we weren't there for too long.  
 
I felt like my face was on fire and her face looked like it was, but she looked like she was shining.  She bit her lip and grabbed my hand and we walked backstage.  My head was still spinning from the fact that I kissed Hwayoung, I told her how I felt, and she felt the same way too.  Right before we opened the door to go into the dressing room, she turned to me and smiled mischievously. "We'll pick up where we left off later, okay?" I smiled in agreement and she opened the door.   
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Coauthor: We wrote the songs out in their English translations because a majority of readers speak English ^^  And I put links to the songs so you can listen too! ^^
 
"If You Want a Lover" ~Yoseob and Gayoon
 
Hyoyeon and Jaewon's choreography to "Anonymous" by Boby Valentino 
 
"Love Light" ~CNBLUE