Challenge 2

Karate Kids

Youngmin’s POV

 
I opened my eyes slowly and leaned back to see the time.  “11 in the morning?  It looks like we took a longer nap than we thought Yoomi.”  She didn’t answer.  I looked at my lap and smiled.  Her head laid on my lap while the rest of her body curled up on the couch.  I didn’t want to move her because she looked so cute. “Yoomi, are you asleep?” No answer again.  
 
Well we had to get up soon, the match started later today.  A brilliant idea popped in my head.  I leaned over to make sure she was really asleep.  Her chest rose and fell in a consistent rhythm.  I grinned and moved my hand closer and closer to her belly.  I saved the image of her sleeping peacefully on my lap in my mind before I tickle-attacked her. 
 
She instantly woke up and almost fell off the couch. “Oppa!”
 
A smile crept on my face. “Did you just call me ‘oppa’?” 
 
“That’s not the point!” she sputtered, “You tickled me again!” She rolled off the couch and grabbed a pillow from the loveseat.  “Ya, Youngmin…”
 
I almost fell standing up so fast.  “I know what you’re gonna do!” I bolted to the other side of the room. 
 
“Ya!  Stop running!” She caught up quickly and hit me with the pillow.  
 
I leaped onto the couch. “I’m not gonna stop anytime soon as long as you’ve got that pillow!” 
 
She hopped up on the couch and smacked me again. “You think you can dodge this, Youngmin?”
 
“I know karate!” I jumped off the couch and ran toward the bedroom.  “I can dodge it!”
 
She chased me in the room and hit me a few times.  I avoided some of the hits.  
 
“I guess I win!” she declared and threw her weapon on the floor.  
 
I smirked. “Sure Yoomi…” I reached for the pillow.  She noticed too late and I hit her with the pillow back.  “Revenge!” 
 
She squealed and ran out of the room again.  We lapped around the living room as I found I wasn’t a successful shot like Yoomi.  
 
I tossed the pillow at her and she caught it instead of deflecting it.  My blue and white instant camera on the table caught my eye.  I raced toward it, Yoomi not too far behind me wielding the pillow.  I snatched it and turned around quickly. “One, two, three!”  I snapped a shot of her laughing, about to smack me with the pillow.  She whacked me on the leg.
 
“Did you really take a picture of me?”
 
I put my hands up in surrender. “Yeah, hold on!” 
 
She dropped the pillow and stared at the camera.  It slowly printed out the photo.  I pulled it out and waved it around a little to get it to develop faster.  The picture faded in. 
 
“Did it turn out nice?”
 
“Of course, you’re in it!” I handed the photo to her.  She smiled and set it on the table.  She took my hand and with her other, she gently removed the camera from me and laid it beside the photo.  She took both my hands in hers.  I kissed her forehead and she rested it on my chest.  I let go of her hands and wrapped my arms around her.
 
“Yoomi, call me that again.”
 
She snuggled into my chest. “Call you what?”
 
“You know what.” I put my chin on top of her head.
 
She tightened her hold on me.  “Oppa?”
 
“Yes,” I smiled. “I like it.  Call me that from now on.”  I released her and put space between us again.  I cupped her face.  “Please?”
 
“Okay oppa.” 
 
Kwangmin’s POV
 
Hyunmi smacked my back.  “Oppa, can you ride faster?  I want to feel the breeze more.”
 
I pedaled a little faster, but smiled cheekily.  “You’re too heavy!  This is the fastest I can go!” I teased.  I slowed down to make the point.
 
“What?  Kwangmin-ah!  Not funny!”
 
I sighed.  “I’m sorry Hyunmi, before we go to the match, we can go to the-”  I felt the bike get significantly lighter.  “What-”  I stopped the bike and looked over my shoulder.  Hyunmi stood about ten feet away from me with crossed arms.  I jumped off my bike and heard it crash to the pavement as I rushed to her.  “Hyunmi, did you jump off?”
 
“Yes.” She looked to her left. 
 
I grabbed her shoulders and forced her to face me. “Hyunmi!  Ya, Hyunmi!” She turned her head away.  I let go of her shoulders and put my hands on either side of her face to look at me.     
 
“You could’ve gotten hurt!  You hear me?  I don’t want you to break an arm or a leg, okay?”  
 
“Ya, why are you getting mad?  I’m just messing with you, oppa, ya!”
 
I exhaled deeply and searched her eyes.  “Ya, Hyunmi.  I was worried.”  I released her and stalked back to the bike.  I picked it up and put one leg over it.  
 
Hyunmi sat on and hugged me. “Kwangmin?”  
 
I started pedaling.  “Kwangmin, I’m sorry I got mad, please don’t be mad.”
 
“I’m not mad, I was worried about you,” I said shortly.
 
She rested her head on my back.  “Worried?”
 
 “Yeah… I’d have to pay the hospital fee.”  She hit my back and laughed.  
 
“Whatever!” 
 
“Don’t do it again though, you scared me.” 
 
Her grip around my waist tightened.  “I love you!” 
 
The lake air blew my hair back and I smiled.  
 
Donghyun’s POV
 
I strummed my guitar and stopped.  “Hm…”  I leaned over and crossed out a note and scribbled in a new one.  “There…”  
 
Some people made writing new songs look easy, but in reality it’s really difficult.  What made it easier for me was my treasure old guitar, the last present my parents gave me before the car accident.  After the accident, I didn’t cry, even as a ten year old.  I picked up my guitar and mourned through the strings.  If someone gave me a different guitar, the sound wouldn’t be the same and I couldn’t compose.  
 
A soft poke met my side.  More pokes joined it.  I looked up.  Heechin sat of the sofa, her toes the source of the poking.  I smiled and turned my attention to the guitar.  “What’s up?”
 
She grinned shyly.  “Well… I have something I want to give you.”
 
I strummed the guitar again. “Really?”  I set it down. “What is it?”
 
“Um…” She reached behind the couch cushion and pulled out a square case.  “This.” She handed it over.
 
I examined it.  A CD mix.  On the case, scrawled in her handwriting: “Words I want to tell you!” I looked at her, but she turned away.  “Well let’s see this then,” I said.  I put the CD in the radio and turned it on.  I turned the dial up loud.  
 
“I’m so sorry but I love you-” 
 
I laughed.  “Big Bang, naturally.” I skipped to the next song.  
 
“Well yeah,” Heechin said carefully.  “They’re my favorite songs!”  She turned up the volume.  “But it’s kind of important.”
 
Heechin’s voice floated from the speakers. “Ya, Donghyun!  Listen up because I have something to say to you.”  I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and turned back to Heechin.  She bent her knees and wrapped her arms around them.  She nodded her head for me to keep listening.
 
“We’re almost done here- we got not much longer before we have to go back to regular school and our regular lives again.  So I thought I should tell you all this now before we leave.  I recorded this on the CD so you can listen to this whenever you want afterward… and if I had to say all of this on the spot, I’d forget something or make this stupid.  So just listen.
 
“I have to admit I really hated you at first.  Don’t take it personally, I hated your friends of Boyfriend too.  Everything you did annoyed me, I guess maybe because we were rivals.  Or you’re just annoying.”
 
I could imagine her smiling cutely and laughed.  
 
“Remember the night Yoomi almost drowned?  Afterward, the girls and I all talked and we decided you all weren’t too bad.  I mean, yeah, you’re our rivals, but you aren’t bad people.  So I stopped hating you guys.  And you most of all.  So sorry for all that hostility.”
 
I turned around with a grin on my face.  She waved toward the radio.  I faced the radio again.
 
“So after that, being friends with all of you and being your roommate didn’t feel like the teachers were giving us a choice between gouging out our eyeballs or biting off our own arm.”
 
I burst out laughing.  “Is that how you thought of us?”  I said through gasps of air.
 
“Shut up and listen!” she snapped.  I nodded and turned back, suppressing my laughter.
 
“The more that I got to know you though, Donghyun, the more I liked you.”  A sigh. “This is so embarrassing,” she laughed nervously.  “Well, when we were getting ready for the talent show and I sat on the bed and watched you playing your guitar… Well I’d have to say that’s probably when I really fell for you.”  My head fell and I stared into my lap, a smile creeping on my face.  
 
“So yeah, I thought you should know that even though I hated you in the beginning, you’ve been a great guy and well… bye then!” she finished quickly.  Big Bang began singing again.  I hit the “off” button.  I scooted over to her on the couch.  She avoided my eyes more the closer I got.  
 
I took her hand. “Heechin…” I put my other hand on top of hers. “That was really sweet.”
 
“I just thought, you know, well I already said.” Her eyes dropped to her lap.  
 
“Heechin.  Heechin-ah.”  That caught her attention.  “I needed to tell you something too.” 
 
“What?”
 
“Well we’re alone now, so it’s a good time as any…”  I shifted and gazed into her eyes.  “Ready?” She nodded eagerly. 
 
“Well…” I raised my eyebrow. “I hated you and your friends too.”
 
Her hands slipped out of mine and smacked my shoulder.  “Donghyun!”  
 
I winced and half-laughed.  “I’m sorry, that’s not what I was really going to say!” 
 
She stopped hitting me. “Then what?” 
 
“I love you.”
 
A smile grew on her face.  “Me too.”
 
“You love yourself?”
 
The smile wiped off her face. “Yes, Donghyun, you just told me you loved me so I would naturally say I love myself.”
 
“I know, I know!” I hugged her tight.  “But say it anyway.”
 
Her arms s through and squeezed me tight. “I love you, Donghyun.”
 
We sat there for a few more seconds.  “Well now that we got that out of the way…” she said.  She picked up my guitar with care and strummed to IU’s ‘Marshmallow’.  I smiled as she stood up and strummed it more.  Heechin was one of the few I’d let play me guitar.  She jumped up and down.  “Donghyun, sing!  I know you know the lyrics!” she laughed. 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author’s Note: Okay now done with the challenge! Hehehe, have fun guys. :D by the way 2 m ore chapters. and i'm for sure this time. LOL