Plans

Karate Kids

 

Author’s POV
 
Hwayoung stepped out of the way for Yoomi to walk in. “So how was it?” She walked over to the kitchen and leaned against the counter.
 
“Muahahaha it went great!" Yoomi laughed. "He believed me, he really thinks I’m still mad at him,” she said.  She covered so she wouldn't laugh loud. 
 
The microwave beeped.  Hwayoung opened it. “That’s good then, keep it up, she said.” She pulled out a bag of popcorn.
 
Yoomi sat on the bed.  “But… he bought me, like, ten different kinds of bubble teas and a cute tiger,” Yoomi pouted.
 
Hwayoung put poured the popcorn in a large bowl and looked up.  "Awww!"
 
“Yeah, but I dumped it on him and walked out.  And I saw him throw all the teas away!  I wanted those!” Yoomi hugged a pillow.
 
Hwayoung sat next to her. "What?  I feel bad, that's really sad."
 
Yoomi patted her shoulder. "It's fine.  He really shouldn't have said that."
 
Hwayoung smiled sadly. "He couldn't have known that your parents abandoned you as a baby at your aunt's house," she said. "He wouldn't have made those comments about the babies' parents not being around to take care of them if he did." 
 
Yoomi crossed her arms. "But I told him!  I told him while we were waiting for the babies and for you guys to come back from shopping." She hugged the pillow again. "But since I guess he wasn't paying attention, he didn't know."  She looked at Hwayoung. "That's why I'm going to make it up to him, but we gotta make a plan."  
 
“Alright, wait until Youngmin's asleep, then walk over to my room, and I'll tell everyone to come over here and we'll make a plan,” Hwayoung said. 
 
Yoomi nodded. "I feel really bad for being cold to him, but he should've paid attention!  At first I really was mad at him, but he when he sang to me while he thought I was sleeping and this morning he told me loves me-" 
 
Hwayoung squealed. "That is still so cute!"
 
She smiled. "Yeah..." Her smile fell. "Am I terrible person?"
 
Hwayoung patted her shoulder. "No, because you're going to tell you love him back- right?"
 
Yoomi pushed Hwayoung over. "Of course!" she laughed.  She got off the bed and walked to the door.
 
“Yoomi, for this to work, you gotta be cold to him still, okay?” Hwayoung called.
 
Yoomi turned around and made an “okay” sign.  She walked back to her and Youngmin's room and grabbed the handle.  She sighed.  She breathed in and opened the door slowly.
 
 
Yoomi’s POV
 
“Youngmin-ah?” I walked to our bed, but he wasn’t there.  I put my hands on my hips.  Did he leave after I did?  I walked past the table and saw the tiger was still there.  I picked it up and smiled.  I hugged it and set it down, then walked to the bathroom.  The door was closed, so I opened it.    
 
“AHHH!” I slammed the door and dived on the bed.  I pulled the blanket over me and tried to pretend I was sleeping.  My heart rammed against my chest.  I heard the door click open and shut.  I swallowed hard and closed my eyes tightly trying to get Youngmin's back view out of my head. 
 
He cleared his throat. “Yoomi.” I curled up tighter hoping he'd think I was sleeping.
 
He sighed. “Yoomi, I know you’re not sleeping.” I felt him lay on the bed.
 
“Fine, I’m just gonna stare at you until you look at me.” I felt his boring into my head.  After a few seconds I gave in and turned over, my back to him.  
 
“No no no, you’re going nowhere!” He turned me over.  I squeezed my eyes tighter.  Finally the awkwardness pried my eyes open.
 
“Ugh, what do you want?” 
 
“I knew you weren't asleep!” He smiled triumphantly.  His smile turned mischievous. "Why'd you walk in on me?"  
 
“Shut up!  Just go to sleep,” I muttered and laid on my back.
 
"Okay, okay." I saw his arm move closer to my head out of the corner of my eye.  
 
“What are you doing?” He ignored me.  He picked up my head, put his arm down, and set my head on his arm.  I raised an eyebrow at him.  He gently turned me over to face him.
 
"Umm, Youngmin..." He hugged me.
 
“Shhhh... just go to sleep.” He held me tighter.  
 
I looked at the clock.  It was thirty minutes since I came back.  I looked back at Youngmin.  He was sleeping peacefully with a smile on his face.  I slowly moved his arm off me and slid out of bed.  I watched him lay there and smiled.
 
“What a cutie.” I said and moved his hair out of his closed eyes.
 
 
Minwoo’s POV
 
Hwayoung ran up to me. “You're back!” 
 
“Uh, I brought three movies...” I said sheepishly.  I held the bag out to her.
 
She took it and pulled the movies out. "Oh 'Once', that's one of my favorites!" she squealed.  "White Noise, that one's scary, we're so watching that together..." She smiled sweetly and I returned it.  She walked to the DVD player and leaned over to put one in.  I sat on the bed getting the pillows together. "Which one do you wanna watch?"
 
"Oh, doesn't matter to me." 
 
She smiled. "Okay... Oh, I made the popcorn, it's on the counter."
 
"Okay!" I walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the popcorn.  I walked back over to the bed.  She was sitting with the remote.  I sat next to her and put the popcorn bowl behind me.  She looked at me, smiled, and looked back at the TV.   
 
I took a deep breath and grabbed her hand.  She looked at our hands, then at my face surprised.  My heart beat faster. “Wait, Hwayoung, before we watch-" I felt my voice wavering and bit my lip nervously. "I-I have to tell you something-”
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
 
You have GOT to be kidding me.  She smiled. "Hold onto that thought Minwoo." She walked over to the door.  I felt my smile slowly slip off my face.  I craned my neck over to see who it was.
 
“Yoomi, already?” she asked.  Yoomi nodded.
 
Hwayoung turned around. “Minwoo, can you call everybody except for Youngmin and tell them to come over here?  Please?”  She did pouty aegyo. 
 
I forced a smile. “Okay,” I said and called up everyone while Yoomi sat at the table.
 
Five minutes later, everyone but Youngmin was sitting on the floor in our room.  Nara rubbed the sleep out of her eyes. “It’s late, why are we here?” she asked.
 
Hwayoung clapped her hands. “Aigoo, so we can talk about a plan for Yoomi and Youngmin!” 
 
Everyone perked up a little. “Alright, you guys know that Yoomi was mad at Youngmin these past few weeks, right?” They yawned and nodded.
 
“This morning, she finally realized how much Youngmin loves her, so she decided to forgive him,” she continued.  Everyone was suddenly awake.
 
“But Yoomi and I talked and we decided to keep acting cold towards Youngmin so that way she can tell him she loves him in a really cute way... So what should we plan for them?" She looked around the room.
 
“Well… Yoomi, what’s your favorite song that you'd want to sing with your boyfriend?” Donghyun asked.
 
“Oh, that'd be IU and Seulong's duet, 'Nagging'.” Yoomi blushed.
 
“Okay, now one of us needs to go over to Youngmin’s room and persuade him to sing 'Nagging' for the talent show,” Donghyun said.
 
"Oh good idea!" Hwayoung said.  Feeling awkward standing around, I sat next to her.
 
HeeChin raised her hand. “I’ll do it!” 
 
“Good, then what else should we do?” Kwangmin asked.
 
Hyunmi. “He'll be sing the first verse of 'Nagging', so he'll be singing IU and Seulong's parts thinking he'll be singing the whole time.” 
 
“Oh yeah, that'll give us enough time back stage to help Yoomin get ready,” Jaemi said and smiled at Yoomi.
 
“Then Yoomi slowly walks up the stage while singing IU's next part,” I added.
 
“PERFECT!” Nara said.  Yoomi blushed.
 
“Yoomi, you know you love us,” Hyunseung said teasingly and hugged Nara.
 
“I love you guys!  Group hug?”
 
I noticed Hyunmi and Kwangmin move closer so they'd be hugging each other in the group hug.
 
They didn't get past Yoomi's sharp eyes either. “Ya, Hyunmi and Kwangmin, what’s going on with you two?” Yoomi teased.
 
“Well…” Hyunmi blushed.
 
“We're going out!” Kwangmin blurted.  Hyunmi punched him playfully.
 
“OMG!" Jaemi gushed.
 
"Like as a couple?” Jeongmin asked.
 
“Yeah!” Kwangmin high fived me.
 
"Nice..." I said. 
 
“Our second couple,” Hwayoung said and poked Hyunmi.
 
“Oh shut up!” Hyunmi smiled and Hwayoung winked.
 
“Alright, well it’s getting late, so we’re going back to our room,” Hyunseung spoke for him and Nara.  Everyone nodded in agreement and they left.
 
Hwayoung looked at the clock.  "Oh no, it looks like we only have time for one movie," she pouted. 
 
"It's okay," I said. "At least we get to watch one, right?" 
 
She perked up. "Yeah!"  She laid on her stomach on the bed and the TV.  I laid down next to her in the same position.
 
"Oh, what was it you were going to say Minwoo?" she asked.
 
"Oh... nothing," I said.  We turned our attention to the TV again.
  
“Oh Hwayoung..." She turned head to me.  "Um... what’s your favorite song?” I asked.
 
She looked surprised, but smiled.  “Well... It's hard to pick one, right?" she laughed. "But I guess it would be 'Sunshine Girl' by F.T Island... or 'Love Light' by CNBLUE... or 'Crush' by Sandeul from B1A4.  Any of those.  They're the sweetest songs ever.”  She turned back to the movie.
 
I smiled. "Really..." I said to myself.
 
 
Jeongmin’s POV
 
After I left Hwayoung and Minwoo's room, I saw Jaemi walk to the pool and I followed her.
 
She sat next to the pool, hugging her knees, and sighed.
 
I slowly approached her. “Jaemi…”
 
She looked up at me. “Jeongmin?” Her eyes were full of tears.
 
"What's-" She barreled into me and hugged me tightly.  I felt her shaking and I saw she was sobbing. “Jaemi, what’s wrong?” 
 
“I’m sorry for being mean to you, I'm sorry for overreacting, it's just that I love you too Jeongmin and I thought the only way to keep you near me is to ignore you so you could talk to me because I didn't want to be clingy and I’m sorry for making a mess the other day, but about the bathroom-” 
 
“Shhh, I believe you Jaemi,” I said softly.  I brought her closer and her hair.
 
“Will you forgive me?” she sniffed.
 
I smiled. “I already did.”
 
She looked up, her face streaked with tears. “You still love me?”
 
“Silly, you think I'd followed you out here if I didn't?” I hugged her tight so she'd never leave.
 
------------------------------------------------------

Coauthor: OMG I'm sorry for taking so long editing this chapter, I meant to have them updated at the same time, because they were originally one chapter, so there wouldn't be such a terrible cliffhanger T.T