Ending!

Karate Kids

 

Author's POV
 
“Yoomi!”
 
Yoomi’s stomach lurched as she left Youngmin’s arms and fell toward the water.  Before she could scream, she splashed into the water.  Arms held her
underwater and she opened her eyes slowly.  Kwangmin smiled at her and looked back at Youngmin.  “Got her!” 
 
Yoomi realized her head was the only part of her above water and clung to Kwangmin tightly.  He carried her out of the water and set her next to Youngmin.  
 
“Are you okay?” Youngmin asked.
 
“Yes!  I’m okay.”
 
Youngmin gave a look of relief to Kwangmin.  “Thanks.”
 
“Ladies and gentlemen, please listen up!” Liu teacher’s voice rang out again.
 
“What more does he want from us?” Heechin muttered.
 
“Tonight, at the club in the hotel, there will be a party to wrap up this awesome vacation.  It’s at seven, so come and have fun!  See you there!” Liu teacher bowed to everyone outside and left to the hotel.  
 
Jaemi jumped up and down. “Yay!  There’s a party!  Let’s go get ready!”  She clapped and pulled on the girls’ arms.  
 
“Guys!  Hold on!” Donghyun waved his arms.  Everyone stopped and waited for him to continue.  “Guys, come over to my room, and ladies, go to Jaemi’s room.  We’ll get all ready and meet you there, okay?” 
 
“Okay!”   
 
Kwangmin’s POV
 
I looked down to see if my tie was straight.  I straightened it a little and grinned.  Youngmin stood at the mirror fixing his hair.  
 
“Hey Kwangmin, looking straight?” Jeongmin pointed to his tie.  
 
“Yeah,” I said after a glance over.  
 
Jeongmin turned to the mirror across the room. “Youngmin, hurry up!”
 
Youngmin moved his bangs one way, decided against it, and moved them back.  “I’m trying!” 
 
Jeongmin pushed him over and fixed the top of his hair. “Taking too long!” 
 
Youngmin’s mouth opened in indignation.  He appeared at my side.  “Kwangmin…” 
 
I rolled my eyes and put on my socks.  “Hold on.”  I stood up and made my way over to the mirror.  I shoved Jeongmin over.  Youngmin immediately took his place at the mirror and I checked my hair as well.  “Mirror Prince, you already fixed your hair!” I said to his reflection behind us.  
 
“Aish, hurry up!” Donghyun yelled from the door.  
 
“Okay, okay, I’m done!” Youngmin ran to the closet to grab his red jacket.  
 
 I slipped on my shoes.  “Ready?”
 
 
Jaemi’s POV
 
I secured my earring in.  “Guys, we have twenty minutes left, hurry up!” 
 
“Yoomi’s the last one.”  Nara looked over her shoulder. “Yoomi, you take the longest with your makeup!” 
 
“I’m almost done!  Let me put on my lipstick!”  
 
I backed away from the mirror and looked myself over again.  “Guys, do I look done to you?”  I posed in front of the mirror. 
 
Over my shoulder, Hyunmi’s reflection held up a thumb.  “You’re perfect, Jaemi!” 
 
“Done!” Hwayoung fastened a necklace as she walked past me to put on her shoes.  “Yoomi, are you done?  We’re all waiting for you!” 
 
“I just need some perfume, then I’ll be done.”  Yoomi dug around in her purse and pulled out a bottle.  
 
“Are you taking that with you?” I nodded at the purse. 
 
“No, I’m just taking a clutch.”  She spritzed some on her wrist and neck.  
 
Hwayoung clicked over to Yoomi in her heels. “Oh my gosh!  Let me have some, I love that perfume!”  
 
“Really, Hwayoung?” Heechin rolled her eyes.  
 
My phone vibrated on the vanity.  I pounced at it and checked who the text was from.  Nara elbowed me.  “Ever since Jeongmin, you’ve gotten touchier over your phone,” she winked.  
 
My cheeks felt warm and I ignored her.  
 
To: Jaemi
From: Jeongmin
 
Jagiya~ We’re gonna wait for you girls outside your room instead, okay?  You better not keep us waiting too long! ;)
 
I smiled and threw my phone on the bed.  “C’mon, the boys are waiting!”  
 
“We’ve been done, let’s go!”  I rolled my eyes with a smile and opened the door.  
 
Minwoo, Youngmin, and Jeongmin leaned against the wall, Hyunseung paced outside the door, and Donghyun and Kwangmin stood awkwardly by the door.
 
When we came out, Minwoo and Youngmin’s mouths dropped and they hurriedly stood up, Hyunseung smiled wide, and Donghyun and Kwangmin shyly smiled.  
 
Jeongmin stood straight and cleared his throat.  “Oh, someone’s looking hot tonight,” I said, scanning him up and down.  
 
He bit his lip and grinned.  “Would you believe me I thought of something to say when you came out, but as soon as I saw you, you left me about as breathless as the first time I saw you?”
 
I smacked his arm.  “Ya, you babo, stop messing with me!” 
 
He held out his arm.  “Shall we go then?  See got one thing right,” he laughed.  
 
I took his arm.  “Thank you.”
 
The others already took each others’ arms and walked down the hallway.  Jeongmin pulled me close. “You really do look amazing,” he whispered.  He kissed my temple and we walked down to the club on the first floor.  
 
 
Yoomi’s POV
 
“Guys, we’re here!” Hyunseung, who was leading the group, announced. 
 
“Let’s go in and have fun then,” Jaemi said and took the lead, Jeongmin in tow.
 
I covered my ears as we followed the two most outgoing of the group.  “The music is very loud in here!”
 
“This really does feel like a real club,” HeeChin said, amazed, as she scanned the room. 
 
“We‘ll get drinks for you girls,” Donghyun offered.  
 
Kwangmin nodded. “What can we get for you?” he said like a waiter.  
 
HeeChin raised her hand high. “I want Pepsi!” 
 
Hyunmi glanced at HeeChin.  “I’ll have a Pepsi too.”
 
“Coke please,” Jaemi smiled.
 
“Pepsi, thanks,” Nara answered.
 
“I want a cocktail, thanks,” I joked.  Youngmin raised an eyebrow.  I punched his arm. “I’m just kidding!  Coke please.” 
 
Kwangmin laughed. “Oh… We got a badass over here.”  Youngmin laughed and squeezed my shoulder.  I pouted.  
 
“What about you, Hwayoung?” Minwoo said. 
 
She half smiled. “Green tea please, oppa.”  
 
“At a club?” HeeChin said in disbelief.  Hwayoung stuck her tongue out at her. 
 
“Okay, we’ll be right back!” Donghyun said loudly and they took off.  We waited for them to be out of sight then sat at the nearest table.  
 
“OMG.  Did you see Youngmin?  He looks so good in that red jacket!” I gushed. 
 
“Calm down.  That’s nothing to Jeongmin.” Jaemi looked over her shoulder and glimpsed Jeongmin getting drinks before he disappeared again.  She her lips. “My Jeongmin looks y.” 
 
Hwayoung slapped Jaemi’s arm. “Ew Jaemi!” she squealed. 
 
“Not like you’re not thinking the same thing about Minwoo,” she winked.  
 
Hwayoung’s face slightly pinked. “Minwoo looks cute.” 
 
“All six of them are good looking, so shut up!” HeeChin crossed her arms. 
 
“Tsk Anna,” I said.  We shook our heads.
 
“Hey!  Don’t call me that!” she hissed.
 
“So, Nara, Hyunseung…” Hyunmi grinned.  
 
“Yeah, what about Hyunseung?” I pressed.  
 
She blushed. “Guys!”
 
 
Minwoo’s POV
 
We met up again with our drinks.  “Did the girls just sit near where we left them?” I asked, looking around. 
 
“I hope so!” Youngmin turned the other way.  “There they are!”
 
Hyunseong bobbed his head.  “They’re playing ‘Hands Up’!”
 
“Now put your hands up, put your hands up, pu-pu-pu-put your hands up!” Kwangmin sang and circled around Donghyun.  
 
He sighed.  “What will Hyunmi ever do with a 4D personality like you?  C’mon, let’s go, don‘t want to keep the girls waiting.”
 
We followed Youngmin to their table.  I slid in the booth next to Hwayoung.  “For you.” 
 
“Aw, thank you oppa!” 
 
A microphone crackled and the music turned down.  Liu teacher, dressed smartly, stood at one of the tables.  “Are you guys having fun?”  
 
“Yes!” The club screamed. 
 
“I asked: ‘Are you guys having fun?’!” Liu teacher leaned back screaming.
 
We held up our drinks.  “Yes!” 
 
Liu teacher chuckled. “Well then I’ll double the fun, what do you think?” 
 
“Sure!” we answered enthusiastically. 
 
“We had our staff taking pictures of you guys in the past month and we put all of them in a slide show.  Enjoy!” The lights dimmed and “Hands Up” was replaced by B1A4’s “Smile”.  Pictures of other students playing around and matches went by.  A picture of Jaemi hugging Jeongmin at the pool at night appeared onscreen. 
 
“Woah!” Yoomi turned to Jaemi and Jeongmin.  “When was this?”  
 
Jeongmin smiled at Jaemi. “It was a while ago, she was mad at me and… Yeah, the story ends there.” He put his arm around Jaemi and she rested her head on his shoulder.  
 
Youngmin tilted his head. “She was mad at you?  I never know that,” he said, confused.
 
Kwangmin patted Yoomi’s head. “You were busy taking care of this one!” 
 
“Ayyy, you clueless couple.” Jaemi shook her head in disbelief. “My question is how did they take that picture?”
 
Nara squealed.  “OMG!” We looked to the screen.  It was Hwayoung and me at the talent show after I confessed to her.  I was holding her tight around the waist, pressing her against my body, her on her tip toes and arms around my neck.  
 
“Who could forget that one?” HeeChin laughed.  
 
“Oh yeah!” Yoomi elbowed Hwayoung.
 
Hwayoung blushed and buried her smile into my shoulder.  “Ya, I hope they let us have a copy of this or something,” I said. 
 
Hyunseung nodded.  “Right?” 
 
I kissed Hwayoung’s forehead. “I’d keep that picture of the happiest moment of my life as my wallpaper,” I said quietly enough for only her to hear.  
 
She kissed my lips.  “Me too.”
 
Kwangmin made a puking face. “You two…”  His attention turned to the slide show.  “Oh look, it’s Youngmin and Yoomi on the first day we came here!” 
 
Yoomi’s mouth dropped. “When did they take that?” 
 
“Haha, look at Yoomi eating her pretzel!” Jeongmin teased and everyone laughed.  Yoomi was eating her pretzel with a bored expression and Youngmin was sitting next to her, staring with a half smile.
 
“What?  I was hungry!” Yoomi pouted. 
 
“I remember this!  I asked her for some of her pretzel and she gave me this look!” Youngmin tried to recreate the face Yoomi gave him.
 
She pushed his face away. “Youngmin!”  Everyone laughed again. “To be honest, I saw you snatch my water bottle, but I just didn’t want to say anything.” Youngmin fell silent and the table laughed.  
 
“What’s the paper?” Hyunseung asked.  Everyone looked to see Kwangmin giving Hyunmi a paper in front of a café.
 
“It’s a picture of pikachu he drew,” Hyunmi said. 
 
Donghyun laughed. “You draw?” 
 
“Yeah!” Kwangmin pointed at the slide show. “You play guitar?”
 
“This was when HeeChin confessed to me… She gave me a CD with all of her favorite songs and then all of a sudden a message from her came out.” 
 
“Awww” Hwayoung cooed.  HeeChin turned bright pink.
 
“Ya Hyunseung, Nara, you guys got the most pictures!” HeeChin teased.  
 
“Shopping center?  And basketball court?  You guys went there?” I asked.
 
Hyunseung took Nara’s hand in his. “Yeah, we went there and had tons of fun.” 
 
The slide show ended with a picture of all the students getting off the buses on the first day, our smiles wide and ready to go wild. 
 
“Wow, this one month felt like a year didn’t it?” Kwangmin asked stretching his arm over Hyunmi’s shoulders. 
 
Jeongmin looked at Jaemi and smoothed her hair. “It did actually, so many things happened in just one month.”
 
Yoomi elbowed Youngmin. “I love how we all started out hating each other but now we’re all at a party together, sitting at the same table.” We all look at each other with big smiles on our faces, and without anyone saying anything, everyone slid out of the booth and went in for big group hug. 
 
“I’m going to miss you guys so much!” Nara said.  Hwayoung nodded and wiped away a tear. 
 
“We’ll miss you too,” Kwangmin said and we hugged again. 
 
Youngmin broke out of the circle. “Hey, we still can meet outside of school,” he attempting to lighten up the mood.
 
I nodded. “Yes, we will.”  I wiped a tear off Hwayoung’s cheek.  “Remember what I told you?”  She sniffed and nodded.  
 
“Girl, you’re gonna make your makeup run!” HeeChin scolded and handed her a napkin with a smile.  
 
Liu teacher tapped his microphone again.  “Excuse me, one more thing!” 
 
I put my arm around Hwayoung and pulled her close.  She looked up at me and smiled.  
 
“Always one more thing for that man,” Hyunmi said loud enough for us to hear.  We laughed a little. 
 
“For the past month, we have been monitoring you because we needed to know whether or not we should let the boys and girls work together at school.”  The club fell silent.  I looked at the group.  We all wore looks of confusion.
 
 “And we decided… to let our school be co-ed!” Liu teacher smiled brightly and everyone cheered and screamed.
 
My jaw dropped and I looked at Hwayoung.  Her smile stretched across her face.  Yoomi jumped up and down.  “Guys!  Big hug now!”  We huddled and hugged tighter than before.  
 
When we broke off, Hwayoung turned to me, the smile not leaving her face.  “We can still see each other?”
 
My mouth hurt from smiling too much. “Yes!” I picked her up and kissed her on the lips and set her back down.  She hugged me tight. 
 
“I can’t believe it!  We get to go to the same school and work together and practice together and eat together…” Jaemi clapped. 
 
“Guys, let take a group picture now!” Hyunseung took out his digital camera and gave it to Fei teacher.  We huddled in a group.  
 
“Ready?  One… two… three!” 
 
Inside the picture was a group of six boys and six girls smiling brightly.  After the picture was taken, we decided to leave the party and went outside to hang out with each other a little longer.   And that was how our vacation ended, a happy ending with lots of memories.  Within just one month, many memories were made.  Live your life to the fullest because each day is a new chance to make memories.