HAPPY HAPPY

Karate Kids

Kwangmin's POV

 
Hyunmi was nervous.  I could tell because she kept shifting on one foot and then the other.  Waiting backstage was killing her. "You remember to keep your voice low-" 
 
“I know!  You told me that like many times already, I’m good at rapping, so chill,” I interrupted.  I hugged her from behind and rested my head on her shoulder.  I felt her relax a tiny bit.
 
The audio guy appeared. "You guys ready?" We nodded and he led us to the stage, then disappeared backstage.  I walked Hyunmi to the piano, took the microphone sitting on it, and walked to the opposite side of the stage.  
 
The music for 'Going Crazy' by Jieun and Yong Guk started.  Hyunmi played the piano along with the instrumental. 
 
“It’s not love
This isn’t love
It’s just your obsession," she sang.  She looked at me, then back to the piano.
"Wherever, whatever I do
It’s frightening
The you who watches me...” 
 
I slowly walked to her while trying to make a solemn face to fit the mood.
 
“I follow in your shadow
I make a phone call
I become thrilled at the sound of your shaking breath
My heart runs after your increasingly quick steps
I think I’ll go crazy
The long night gets darker
Under the dead streetlamp in front of your house
I’m watching you through the crack in your window
Until the night ends.” I was in front of the piano, so I circled around it. 
 
“Come on and find me
You keep playing a suffocating game of hide-and-seek with me
You, you, you
You’re inseparable from me,” I rapped desperately and pointed at her, subtle cue for her to start singing.
 
“Have you gone crazy?
Why are you like this?
Please just leave me alone now...” A tear dropped from her eye and fell on the keys. 
 
“Seeing you is suffocating
Please disappear from my sight...” She quickly wiped her face and looked up at me.  I was standing in shock- Hyunmi was crying.  But why?  I moved closer to her, but she looked down at the piano.  I turned away and started my rap again. 
 
“You can never break away from me
You have no one to love but me
Try to escape
Wherever you are
I can see you.”  I walked to the center of the stage and made my way closer to the audience. 
 
“You know deeply
You can never break away from me
You have no one to love but me
Look at me now
I don’t wanna cry no more, more.” Hyunmi left the piano and walked toward me.
 
“Get lost
Just back off
I really can’t breathe,” she sang and walked past me, her eyes not meeting mine.
 
“Wherever I go
Wherever I am
It’s frightening
The you who follows me...” I stood next to the piano and stared at her, my Hyunmi filled with tears. 
 
“A hundred times
Tens of thousands of times?” I walked to her while doing some hand movements, then stood behind her.  
 
“I’ve called you
But why, why is there no answer?
Did you forget?
It’s already been a thousand days since we met” I touched her hair and faintly smiled, circling around her again.
 
“I prepared a gift you’d like
I sit on the street you frequently travel
I’m waiting for you
I know my love
Don’t call it obsession, you don’t know love
Don’t say I’ve gone crazy
You don’t know my heart
You can never be separated from me.” I took small steps away from her, then paced back and forth.
 
“Have you gone crazy?
Why are you like this?
Please just leave me alone now
Seeing you is suffocating
Please disappear from my sight,” she sang.  She stopped and faced me.  Her eyes shined and it took everything I had to not hug her and tell her everything was okay.  I brought the microphone to my mouth again.
 
“You know you want me too
You know you love me
Don’t run away from me.” I stared at her, but I might've been too intense.  She looked away and wiped her eye quickly.  It was her turn, so she stared back.
 
“Cut the crap
Get ahold of yourself and stop it
Let go of me now...” She took a deep breath. 
 
“Don’t be like this
I loved you
But I don’t now..." Her voice cracked from crying, but she pushed herself to keep going.
 
"Erase me from your memory
I don’t wanna cry no more, more...” 
 
The music came to a stop.  Since the performace was over, I dropped my microphone and hugged Hyunmi tightly.  
 
“Hyunmi, you okay?” I felt her nod and I kissed the top of her head. “Look at the audience,” I whispered. 
 
She peeked at the audience. “They… They're crying,” she said confused.
 
“Because of you, you cried,” I smiled.  Just then, the audience applauded us.  I crushed her closer to me with one hand and waved with the other.  Hyunmi, embarrassed, covered her face.  I led her backstage and opened the door to the waiting room.
 
Nara practically tackled Hyunmi. “Hyunmi!  Are you okay?!” 
 
Hyunmi caught her balance. “I’m fine!" she smiled. 
 
“What happened?”
 
“Why did you cry?”
 
“I never expected that!”
 
I nudged her side with my elbow. “Yeah what happened?  I’m curious too."
 
She blushed. “Oh, it was because the expression on his face was so sad," she tried to hide a smile. "I tried to hold it in, but I couldn’t.  You're very good at making sad expressions, but don't make me cry again,” she pouted and playfully hit my arm.  Everyone laughed.
 
"And our last performance, Youngmin!" Liu teacher's voice boomed through the theatre. 
 
Hwayoung looked around. "Where's Youngmin?” she asked.
 
I scanned the room. “Oh, he’s drinking water over there,” I pointed at the water fountain.  He looked up at the sound of his name and noticed us staring at him.  He walked over to us. 
 
 
Youngmin's POV
 
I smiled weakly at my friends hanging around.  Donghyun patted my shoulder. “Youngmin-ah, do your best okay?” 
 
Minwoo reached over and stretched my mouth into a smile. “Show them your smile!” he said encouragingly.  I couldn't help smile as I pushed his hands away.  
 
“Ignore the comments from the audience and just sing, okay?” Kwangmin always cared and tried to help me, but this time, only Yoomi could make things better.
 
“Thanks guys, I'll try my best,” I said.  Everyone brightened at my words and I threw on a fake smile and walked to the stage.  I heard the audience asking each other:
 
“Where’s Yoomi?”
 
“Why's he alone?”
 
I inspected my shoes, waiting for the music to start so I could ignore the audience properly.  Finally 'Nagging' started.  I took a deep breath and stared at the audience.
 
“Stop being out so late
Try not to drink so often
You don't listen to me like a 10 year old child,” I sang.  I tried to smile, but I only thought of Yoomi and I couldn’t bring myself to.
 
“I can only laugh
Who are you calling a child?
Really, I can only laugh
You don't know how it feels for me to say these things
You don't know that I only want to say nice things to you
Should I stop? Let's stop...” I sang emotionlessly, and I knew the audience thought it was weird I was singing a duet by myself, but it was for Yoomi.
 
“From one to ten, they're all words for you
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you
Let's stop, let's stop
There's not even enough time to just love,” the audience sang along with me.  It was touching, but not enough to make me feel more confident. 
 
“A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can't help but tell you even if you hate them
I only hear your nagging...” I moved the microphone away from me to pause, and brought it back to sing the next part, but instead of my voice singing the next verse, I heard a girl's.  Another spotlight shined on the edge of the stage following her up. 
 
“Are you eating at the right time, 
Are you staying away from girls?"
 
My mouth dropped.  Yoomi?  She walked up the stairs to the beat of the music with a smile on her face, dressed in a white dress and heels.  She looked like an angel, and I couldn't believe she was really there.
 
“I want to be beside you all day,” she sang and walked closer to me, her eyes big and filled with warmth.  I almost forgot to sing Seulong's part. 
 
“That's how I feel
If I could keep you in my pocket
I'd be really happy,” I sang, dazed, and shook my head.  Was this for real?  Yoomi took my hand and smiled.  The audience cheered and I knew this was real.  A genuine smile stretched across my face and I squeezed her hand tight.  We faced the audience and they cheered again.
 
Yoomi smiled at me. "Our story where we can only be two-" 
 
"-A story that would make someone laugh if they heard,” I sang back.
 
“Should I stop?  Let's stop," we sang together.
 
“From one to ten, they're all words for you
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you,” she pointed to me.
 
“Let's stop, let's stop," I patted her head, "There's not even enough time to just love.” 
 
The audience went crazy at our actions. 
 
“A story told by the heart, not the mind
Stories that I can't help but tell you even if you hate them
Let's stop, let's stop
I only hear your nagging
Even if you glare and try to scare me-” She held up her fist, about to punch me.
 
“-Your face is just too cute to me!” I smiled at her cuteness and pinched her cheeks.
 
“Are you going to keep this up? 
I can't hold back anymore
I really might get angry,” we sang together.  I leaned in for a kiss, but she knocked my head away and continued singing.  
 
“A story that wouldn't be told if we were to give up love
The sound of my heart that thinks only of you-" She grabbed my hand again and swung it back and forth cutely.
 
“Even if you're angry, even if you shout
Your nagging is just so sweet to me!” I sang and kissed her hand. 
 
“A story that can only be told if we love
But since you don't listen to me, it's only nagging to you
Let's stop, let's stop
But trust my feelings...” The music faded and I hugged her tightly, taking her by surprise. 
 
"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you," I whispered in her ear.
 
She squeezed tighter. "I'm sorry I was so cold to you, I forgive you.  I was just hurt because... Because..." She looked up at me and smiled. "Because... I love you," she whispered.  My heart flipped.  I couldn't form any words, so I hugged her again.   The crowd cheered more.
 
Liu teacher made his way to the stage. “How was it guys?” he asked, and cheers of enthusiasm rang through the theatre. 
 
“Glad you guys enjoyed it!  It's pretty late now, so I'll make this short,” he said and the students died down.
 
“We only have 2 days left and we hope you guys will enjoy your last days and bring back the happiest moments!  Tomorrow at 5pm, there will be a karate match so boys and girls, get ready!”
 
The crowd cheered. "So go back to your rooms and get rested up!" 
 
 
Nara's POV
 
Hyunseung and I flopped on the bed together.  I stared at the ceiling and let out a deep breath.  "It's been a night," I said.
 
Hyunseung turned his head. "I'd say so," he laughed. 
 
I looked at him. "You did a great job."
 
He kissed my lips softly. "You did better."
 
I smiled. "Not as good as you." I kissed him back.
 
He kissed me again. "You were perfect."
 
"You were more perfect." 
 
He propped himself on his side with his elbow. "Not possible," he grinned.
 
I rolled over on my stomach and propped myself up with my elbows.  I smiled at him. "It is." I craned my neck and kissed him, but a second or two longer than before.
 
"You did great not cracking your voice.  I'm so proud of you," he said.
 
I smacked his shoulder. "Ya, I wasn't that great, gosh!"
 
He pulled me in with his other arm and kissed the top of my head with care. "I think I'm the luckiest guy to have met you this month," he whispered in my ear. 
 
I smiled into his shirt. "The luckiest?" I looked at him.
 
He smiled. "Yes." 
 
My smile faded. "We only have another day together," I said.
 
"We'll make time to be together after this, don't worry," he said gently.
 
He kissed me softly again and was about to pull away, but I didn't want him too.  I kissed him back and he seemed to be surprised, but didn't pull away either.  I threw him off balance and he landed on his back with me on his chest.  He laughed and I wriggled closer.  He pulled me to his level and I kissed him again.     
 
 
Minwoo's POV
 
When we walked into our room, it was dark.  "Minwoo... it's dark," Hwayoung whispered to me.
 
"Well then keep holding onto my hand and we won't get lost," I whispered back.  She squeezed my hand tightly and I squeezed back.
 
We walked further into the room and Hwayoung shut the door behind us.  We kept walking until we hit our shins on the bed.  Hwayoung climbed on and pulled me on with her.  I sat crisscrossed up against the headboard. "There's no way I'm trying to find my clothes," she said.
 
I nodded and realized she couldn't see me. "Same here."
 
I heard her shift a little. "I don't really like the dark."
 
"Me neither."
 
We were quiet for what felt like forever.  The dark stretches out time.  
 
"Minwoo?" Hwayoung whispered.
 
"Yeah?"
 
"I love you."
 
I my heart raced at her voice saying those words to me. "I love you too."
 
"Minwoo?"
 
"Yeah?"
 
"I can't find you in the dark."
 
"I'm right here silly," I said quietly.
 
"But I can't see you."
 
I felt her hand touch my cheek. "There you are," she chuckled.
 
I smiled and put my hand over hers. "Yup."
 
I felt her move closer until she was almost in my lap.  I took my hand off her hand and put my hands around her waist to pull her onto my lap.  She rested her head on my shoulder and I hugged her tightly with one arm, the other hand her hair.  We sat like that for who knows how long.  I gently kissed her forehead and she snuggled in closer.  
 
"Hwayoung?"
 
Her head left my shoulder. "Yeah?"
 
I blindly trailed my hand across her arm, up her neck, until my hand was cupping her cheek.  I leaned closer to her face. "Where'd we leave off?" I whispered.
 
I leaned in again and pressed my lips on hers, softly.  She kissed me back and I kissed her a little harder.  Her kisses became more urgent and I felt my hand getting wet.  Our lips still locked, I slipped my other hand on the other side of her face and wiped a tear with my thumb.  She kissed harder, but pulled away. 
 
"Minwoo?" 
 
I tilted my head and carefully wiped another tear away. "Yeah?"     
 
"What if we don't see each other after we leave here?  I don't want you to go..."
 
My heart dropped to my stomach at the thought, but I smiled. "We'll see each other after, I'll make sure of it."
 
"Really?"
 
I leaned in and kissed her again. "I promise." It was a promise I intended to keep no matter what.
 
 
Youngmin's POV
 
I flopped on the bed just as Yoomi opened the bathroom door dressed in night clothes.
 
I crossed my arms and pouted at her. “Wow!  Yoomi, I can’t believe you did that to me!” 
 
She shrugged. “I’m sorry, it was your fault for not paying attention.” She sat on the edge of the bed and stretched her legs.  
 
Aware I was staring, I looked away, blush crawling up my cheek. "I'm sorry," I said. 
 
She brought her legs onto the bed and crossed them. "What was that?"   
 
I looked at her. “Okay okay!" I scooted closer and pulled her close to me. "I'm sorry, I will pay more attention from now on," I whispered in her ear.  I saw her smile.
 
“I’m sleepy, let’s sleep now," she yawned.  She pulled away from me and got under the blankets.
 
“Okay, but Yoomi...” 
 
She opened one eye. “Yes?” 
 
I kissed her on the lips quickly. “I love you!” I turned off the light to hide my blushing face.
 
“Youngmin…” I laid down on my back and she turned over to face me.  In the dark, I could make out a smile.  I brought her close and she buried her face into my chest.  She turned over again and I hugged her tightly.  A smile spread across my face and as I nodded off, I knew I'd never let her go.
 
-------------------------------------------------
A/N: Everyone! 2 more chapters and we are done with this story!!!!! Actually for the next 2 chapters, me and my co-author have a little challenge for you. If you guys guess it right! Then you win. I will give a shout out for you. Let’s see if you guys can guess this. hehehehehehehe
 
Coauthor: Reallyyy long chapter, sorry guys >.< ... I added in some parts in this heheh ;)  And we wrote the songs out in their English translations because a majority of readers speak English ^^  And I put links to the songs so you can listen too! ^^
 
'Going Crazy' ~Song Jieun ft. Bang Yong Guk
 
'Nagging' ~IU ft. Seulong