Challenge 1

Karate Kids

 

DOUBLE UPDATE FOR THE CHALLENGE!!!! CHAPTER 27 AND 28 WILL BE THE CHALLENGE! and because i love you guys so much, i decided to give u guys 2 more extra chapters. :DDDD HAVE FUN GUYS!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeongmin’s POV
 
I slowly blinked my eyes open.  Dim light filled the room, but a sliver of blinding morning sunlight pushed itself through a space between the curtains and window.  I turned to my right.  Jaemi slept soundlessly on my shoulder, curled in a ball.  I looked to the TV on the opposite side of the bed, still on from last night.  I smiled.  We decided to watch a drama last night- Jaemi insisted on “Playful Kiss”- but it looked like we fell asleep during episode six.  I reached for the remote, careful not to move Jaemi too much, and turned off the TV.  I kissed her nose and inched out of bed, putting a stack of pillows in my place.
 
I stumbled into the kitchen, blinded by sunlight.  I blinked at the clock hanging on the wall.  11 in the morning?  It looks like we slept in really late.  I stood at the sink and gazed out the window as my eyes adjusted.  A mom carried her baby on her hip and held hands with her husband as their other child, about five years old, ran ahead of them.  I grinned and leaned against the counter.  I felt a light touch on my arm and turned.  Jaemi smiled.
 
I enveloped her in my arms.  “Hey!  I didn’t want to wake you up,” I said. 
 
“Hey yourself.”  She rested her forehead into my chest.  I kissed the top of her head and let go.
 
She turned to go back to the room.  I glanced at our toothbrushes sitting by the sink. “Ya, aren’t you gonna brush your teeth?” I demanded teasingly.  I snatched her toothbrush and waved it.    
 
Jaemi sighed and faced me.  “Why?  Are you going to do it for me?”
 
“Maybe,” I said mischievously.  I beckoned her with my finger.  She smiled and rolled her eyes, trudging over.  I squirted toothpaste on her toothbrush and held it up.
 
She put a hand on her hip.  “I’d like to see you try.”  She eyed my toothbrush.  She grabbed it and squirted toothpaste on it too.  “Then I guess I’ll have to brush yours!” 
 
“Ready?” I moved closer.
 
She stood on her tiptoes and held it up.  “Are you?”  Her stuck my toothbrush in my mouth and slowly rubbed it against my teeth.  I smiled and rubbed her toothbrush against her teeth.  She tried to hold in her laugh, but had to spit out her toothpaste.  “Okay, try again,” she giggled.  
 
After another minute, we had it down and almost forgot we needed to stop. “I think we’re good,” I said through the toothpaste. 
 
She smiled and gently removed my toothbrush from my mouth.  We spit in the sink and grabbed our cups.  I filled mine after her and leaned against the counter so she could go first.
 
“Can you, like, turn around?  I don’t want you to see, it’s gross.”
 
“I just brushed your teeth, how much worse could it be?” I teased.
 
She raised a hand to smack me, but laughed instead.  “Whatever, but will you?”
 
I leaned over and tousled her hair.  “Sure thing.”  As she rinsed, I examined my reflection. “My hair’s a mess,” I pouted at myself in the mirror.  I brushed my hair back and forth to get it to lay right.  
 
Jaemi spit in the sink. “Yeah, it’s a bird’s nest right now,” she laughed.
 
“Hey!” 
 
She turned me around to face her. “But you’re cute with that bird’s nest,” she said quietly.  
 
I wrapped my arms around her waist and smiled.  “I’m glad you think so.”  
 
Her eyes searched mine, a sparkle glinting in them.  “This took too long.”  
 
“Sure did.”  I turned to the window again.  The family walked past again, but coming back now.  The five year old danced around his parents.  The dad let go of his wife’s hand and scooped the child up over his head, the child shrieking with laughter.  The mom adjusted the baby’s position on her hip and kissed her husband’s cheek.  I subconsciously kissed Jaemi’s cheek, eyes on the family. “Jaemi, do you ever think-”
 
“I think of a lot of things,” she said, staring at the family disappearing around the corner.  Our eyes met.
 
“Well I’ll go take a shower first then,” she said a little loudly.  
 
I walked to the bedroom door.  “I’ll, uh, go ahead and make the bed.”  
 
When I heard the bathroom door close, I stopped.  I turned around and knocked on the bathroom door.  “Jaemi?”
 
“Yes, Jeongmin?”
 
“I love you!” I walked back to the room.
 
The bathroom door opened and Jaemi ran into me, pushing me on the bed.  She landed on top of me and hugged me tightly. “I love you too!”
 
Minwoo’s POV
 
I checked my watch.  “I am so late,” I puffed and pumped my arms faster.  Hopefully Hwayoung didn’t mind.  
 
The sun shined with few clouds drifting across the blue sky.  I looked up at them and smiled.  Hwayoung liked this kind of weather.  As I neared the field, I sent a prayer of thanks that our date happened to fall on such a perfect day.  I slowed my pace as I approached Hwayoung, sitting on a pale blanket, unloading a basket with our lunch.  I stopped and shook out my nervousness and attempted to get my heart rate back to normal, but seeing her hair and white skirt slightly moving in the breeze made it go even faster.  
 
She turned around.  “Have you been there this whole time?” she demanded, smiling.  
 
I stared at my shoes and grinned.  “No.” I walked closer and sat on the blanket.  I pushed a piece of hair that the wind moved the wrong way back to its original spot. “I’m sorry I’m late.” 
 
She smiled and gently moved my hand away. “It’s fine, we still have time.” She pulled out a bottle of apple juice and poured it in a glass.  “Have some,” she said as she handed it to me. 
 
“Thank you, Hwayoung!” I sipped some as she poured herself a glass.  She raised it a little and I clinked it with mine.  I leaned over and kissed her forehead.  
 
A smile spread across her face. “Oppa, you’re sweating!” She handed me her glass and dug in the basket, retrieving a wad of napkins.  She scooted closer, sat on her heels, and dabbed my forehead with the napkins.  Her face moved closer to mine as she concentrated on my forehead, a small smile curving her lips.  “There we go,” she said.  She remained in the same position.  
 
I pecked her nose. “What was that?” 
 
She kissed my nose back.  “Hm?  Oppa?” she grinned mischievously.  
 
“Yes.” A smile tugged at the corners of my mouth.
 
She sat on the ground with her knees tucked in.  “It’s hot today,” she sighed.  She looked at me with a smile.  “A perfect day anyway.”
I reached over and took her hand.  “In more ways than one,” I said.  I moved my thumb back and forth on her hand.  When it touched her ring finger, I let it linger there and smiled.  Her eyes fluttered from our hands to my eyes and back to our hands.  She pulled her hand away and turned to rummage through the basket again.  Before she turned, I saw a smile flash. 
 
She turned back with a plate of kimbap rolls.  “The match is today.”
 
“I know it is!  Are you ready for it?”
 
She rolled her eyes and picked up a roll with her chopsticks. “I’m always ready!” She held it up to my mouth, her hand cupped underneath.  “I made these so you better like them!” 
 
“You?  Make food?  Are you sure?” I teased and closed my mouth over it.  She smacked my arm and laughed.  I swallowed as she picked up another.  “I won’t go easy on you this time though!”
 
She raised an eyebrow. “Right, like last time?”  She held the kimbap roll close to my mouth.
 
“Yeah, you’re a girl and I thought you needed it!” 
She suppressed a grin and snatched the kimbap away. “Is that really what happened?  It wasn’t because…”
 
I puffed my cheeks out. “Okay, maybe because I was a little stunned at having to fight you… and I didn’t think you’d win!” I said quickly.
 
She laughed and fed me the kimbap. “I’ll take it.  But there’s no way I’m going easy on you.”
 
“Maybe,” I said with my mouth full.  I swallowed.  “I mean, I can just make some cute puppy faces and you would.”
 
She crossed her arms.  “Let’s see about that.  Show me,” she said as seriously as she could.
 
“Okay, one, two, three!” I did my best aegyo, but the expression on her face didn’t change.  I tried again and again, but her face was stone.  I pouted.  “Does nothing work on you?” 
 
She sat there for another second before bursting out a laugh, clapping her hands.  “That was too hard, never make me try that again Minwoo oppa.”
 
I pouted again. “You’re so mean Hwayoung!” I punished her with more aegyo.
 
“Stop it!” she laughed.  “I promise I won’t do it again!” She covered her eyes. 
 
I took the chopsticks from her and picked up kimbap. “Here you try.  They’re not too bad,” I winked. 
 
Her cheeks puffed, full with kimbap. “Yeah, because I made it!” 
 
Thirty minutes later, all the kimbap, dukbokki, and strawberry shortcake was gone.  Hwayoung had packed the containers and glasses in the basket already and we sat close together not talking, just enjoying the day and each others’ company. 
 
She rested her head on my shoulder.  “Oppa, I’m sleepy.”
 
“Are you too sleepy for me to give you something?” 
 
She looked up curiously. “Hm?”
 
I chuckled softly. “Not sleepy now, are you?” She stuck out her lip. “Hold on, hold on…” I reached into my pants’ pocket and pulled out what I wanted in my fist.  She tilted her head.  “Close your eyes!” 
 
Her eyes shut immediately.  I stared at her for a second looking so pretty, the wind playing with her hair with utmost care.  I opened my fist.  “Okay, open!” 
 
She opened her eyes and looked from my face to my hand.   gaped open and her hands flew to .  She looked back at me. “Minwoo-” 
 
I smiled sheepishly. “I know they’re really simple-”
 
“No, no, it’s- they’re beautiful!” She wiped away a tear with the side of her hand.  
 
“I didn’t mean to make you cry,” I said quickly and wiped away another with my thumb.  She smiled and sniffed.  “I just thought before we leave, this was the perfect time to give you a couple ring.  I always seem to make you cry...”  I slipped the silver band around her finger. “Do you like it?” 
 
Her eyes shined again and nodded enthusiastically.  She ran her finger over it.  “Minwoo-” She decided against it and shut .
 
“Hwayoung?  Are you sure you like it because I-” 
 
She leaned forward and kissed me on the lips, holding a hand on my cheek.  I kissed her back and her other hand held the other cheek.  We parted and she said, “Hold on.”  She took the other ring in my hand and slipped it on my finger.  “Now we match,” she smiled.  She kissed me again, slower this time.  Her lips left mine and she laid next to me, her head on my shoulder again.  “I’m still sleepy oppa.  The sun’s so warm.”  She snuggled closer to me.  
 
I put my arm around her. “I’ll wake you up later then.”  She nodded and closed her eyes.  
 
I looked up to the sky where the sun had risen up high.  Its rays shined in our faces and I blocked them from Hwayoung’s.  I smiled at her.  “Hwayoung, you’re so beautiful.  I love you,” I said quietly.  
 
“I love you too,” her voice drifting with sleep. 
 
Hyunseung POV
 
“Really, Nara?  Why are you wearing a skirt?” I threw the basketball in the air.  It landed in my hands as I turned around to pout. “We’re going to play basketball today!” I slowly walked backwards.
 
Nara walked toward me and matched my pace.  “Why not?  It’s not like I’m wearing a skirt only,” she said, “I have tight shorts underneath.” She reached out for my hand and I took it.  I walked correctly as we walked in step.
 
“What if there are other boys around here and they see you in a skirt jumping around?” 
 
She sighed and smiled, setting her head on my shoulder.  “Aigoo, Hyunseung-ah.”
 
I stopped walking.  “I’m not allowed to be worried?” 
 
She examined my face.  Just by her eyes softening, I could tell concern was plastered on my face. “Well then that’s why you’re here oppa.” She slipped her hands in mine and kissed my cheek. “Now let’s get a game on before we have to go to the match!”  
 
I watched her sprint to the court. “Nara!” 
 
She spun around the court.  “There’s no one here oppa!  All for us!” 
 
I couldn’t help but smile.  “I guess so!”  I bounced the ball on the court a few times.  
 
“Alright Hyunseung, let’s do this!”  Nara met me in the middle.  
 
I bounced the ball again.  “How about this: since you wore a skirt today, I wanna see if that helped you in any way.”  I circled around her dribbling the ball.  “Loser pays for lunch?”  I tossed the ball into the net and it swished in.  
 
“Ya!”  She picked up the ball and put her hand on her hip. “You’re already good at this game!” She dribbled it and took a few steps toward me. “But I’m always up for a challenge,” she said.  She raised an eyebrow. “Ready to pay for me, Hyunseung-ah?”
 
“Let’s see about that!”  I swooped in and stole the ball and ran to the other side of the court.  To my surprise, Nara ducked under me and got the ball away from me.  I stood stunned as I watched her shoot a net.  
 
“Ha!  1-0, looks like you’re buying me lunch so far!” she called over.  
 
“Best out of three?” 
 
“Oppa I’m hungry, I’ll get three points in less than a minute!”
 
I snatched the ball from her idle dribbling. “I was trying to be nice, I let you get that one!” 
 
“Don’t do that, give me all you got!” 
 
I winked. “Get ready for me to eat everything!”  I bounced the ball and sprinted down the court.  Out of the corner of my eye, I saw her coming.  I jumped and threw the ball over my head in an arc.  It landed through the net and bounced on the ground.  “1:1!”
 
Nara smirked and grabbed the ball.  She raced down the court, dribbling it quickly.  “Try to get it from me if you can!”
 
I sprinted after her, expertly stealing the ball and threw a long shot into her net.  It went through with a satisfied swish.  I picked up the ball. “2:1.  You buy!”
 
“We’ll see about that,” she panted. 
 
I walked over and handed her the ball. “How much do you have?”
 
She stuck out her tongue.  “Enough!” 
 
“I’m surprised how well you did for being in a skirt,” I said.
 
She prepared her aegyo. “Willing enough to compensate for one point…?” 
 
“Haha nope!” I linked my arm in hers. “Let’s go, Nara!”
 
“Not fair!” she whined as I dragged her with me.
 
“Aigoo, let’s go, I’m starving too!”