The Talk

Karate Kids

 

Author's POV
 
“Hyung, let’s go to the water park first!” Minwoo shook Donghuyn’s arm impatiently.
 
“OMG, the pool is better!” Youngmin playfully punched Minwoo and started walking to the pool.
 
“Hold on Youngmin, let’s have a vote,” Jeongmin suggested.
 
Minwoo stood up a little straigher.  “Okay, who wants to go to the beach?” No one raised their hands.
 
“How about the pool?” Youngmin and Hyunseung raised their hands.
 
“I guess water park wins."  Youngmin and Hyunseung stuck out their tongues. "Youngmin, Hyunseung, the park has a bigger pool, why can’t we just play there?” Minwoo tried to persuade.
 
Youngmin gave up. “Aish, fine!  Let’s go!”  They headed toward the water park together.  Youngmin stopped suddenly.  “What if we see the girls there?”
 
“I think they're going to the beach right now,” Kwangmin smiled as he pointed to a group of girls heading toward the beach.
 
Youngmin looked a little relieved. “Yeah..” 
 
It wasn't long before they reached the water park.  Kwangmin stretched his arms and took a deep breath.  “This place is BIG!” 
 
“Bye!  I’m heading to that big pool you promised, Minwoo!” Youngmin started walking to the pool
 
They all looked at each other.  “WAIT, we’re going too!”
 
Youngmin jumped in the pool right away.  The rest laughed as he bobbed in the water. “Nice!  Big pool, nice!”  The rest of them jumped in. 
 
The girls met up and agreed to go to the water park since they hadn't been to one in forever.  “This place is sure huge!” Yoomi screamed and jumped around.
 
“Where should we go first?” Hwayoung asked.
 
“EAT!” Yoomi screamed.
 
HeeChin crossed her arms. "No, vote?"
 
“Sure," Jaemi said. "The pool?” She, Hwayoung, and Hyunmi raised their hands.
 
“Eat?” Yoomi raised her hand.
 
“Slides?” HeeChin and Nara voted.
 
“To the pool!” Jaemi ran to the pool.
 
Yoomi hesitated. “Guys... You know… Me and the pool...” 
 
Jaemi turned back to the group.
 
“Oh… that’s right.” Nara crossed her arms.
 
“You can sit near the pool on those long chairs and enjoy the sun!” Hyunmi smiled.
 
“But...” Yoomi scratched her head.
 
Jaemi grabbed her arm and dragged her toward the pool. “No buts, let’s go!” 
 
“We’re here, the pool!” Jaemi tied her hair up and got ready to jump into the pool.
 
Yoomi tried to think of an excuse to go somewhere else.  She spotted their roommates pulling each other under the water and swimming around.  “Wait, uhm, the boys are here, let’s go if we don’t want trouble,” she said. 
 
“Who cares about them, just sit here, you'll be fine!” Jaemi and HeeChin jumped in.
 
Hwayoung patted Yoomi’s shoulder. “Good try!”
 
“Love your excuses!” Hyunmi smiled.
 
“It’s okay, just sit here, water won’t come at you!” Nara smiled and jumped into the pool.
 
“Awhhh!  Not fair, what am I gonna do here?” Yoomi sat down on a white long chair and watched Jaemi, HeeChin, Nara, and Hyunmi swim around while Hwayoung sat on the edge of the pool and splashed her feet. 
 
“I’m hungry.  And thirsty.” Yoomi looked around for a snack stand.  “I should buy some snacks...” She ran to a store. “Can I get one, no, six water bottles and six sugar pretzels please?” Yoomi handed over the money and took her food back to her chair.

 

Youngmin’s POV
 
“Ah… I’m tired, I need to go get some rest!” I said to the others.  
 
Donghyun splashed water at me. "Tired already?" I stuck my tongue out and swam to the edge of the pool, lifted myself out, and sat on one of the long chairs nearby.
 
“I’m thirsty,” I said to myself and looked around to see if there were any food stands near the pool.  I was too tired to get up.  A girl was walking toward me.  She looks familiar... is she going to sit next to me? Well I am good looking... I thought and smiled to myself like an idiot.  
 
She placed the food and drinks she was carrying on the table and stood over me. “Ya, why the hell are you sitting here?” I stared blankly at her.  She took off her hat and put her hands on her hips. "Ya!" She sat on the chair next to me.
 
I shook my head, recognizing her, and finally found my voice. “OMG!  It’s you?  Why are you sitting next to me?” 
 
“This is my seat, I’ve been sitting here way longer than you, so why are you sitting here?” Yoomi bit into one of her pretzels. “I’ve been sitting here longer than you, look my stuff and the others' are here too.” She put a bottle of water on the chair next to her.
 
I snatched the bottle and drank it quickly before she realized it.
 
“So... what are you doing?” I asked.
 
She munched on her pretzel. “Eating.  Duh.” 
 
“Give me a piece!”  She looked at me with a weird expression on her face.  I stuck out my lip.  She sighed.
 
“Eh… here.” She ripped the pretzel in half.  I reached for it, but she yanked it back. "Just this once," she warned, and she handed it to me.  I took it and slowly bit it while stealing a quick glance at her.  She didn't seem to pay attention to me.
 
I reached over and touched her hair. “Yoomi, you’re not wet...”
 
She slapped my hand. “Aish, don’t touch me!” 
 
I drew my hand back.  “What the..?  I was just asking why you’re not wet... gosh... ” I frowned at my hand.
 
She looked away. “None of your business.” She bit into her pretzel again.
 
“It isn’t fun if you don’t get wet!" I stood up. "Come on, let’s jump in the pool!” I dragged her off the chair and to the pool.
 
“YA. STOP. NO. I DON’T WANT TO!” she screamed.
 
I let go of her arm as if it were on fire. “Why?”
 
“Because… because...”
 
“Yoomi, you okay?" I looked over to see one of her friends- I thought her name was Nara- yelling across the pool. "Why are you standing near the pool? Get in before you fall in the water, I’m too far!” She yelled.
 
Another one of her friends- Hwayoung I thought Minwoo said her name was- called over her shoulder. “We’re too far from you, we can’t help you if anything happens!” Yoomi smiled and waved at them.  They smiled and waved back and went back to their fun.
 
I walked Yoomi back to her chair. “What was that all about?” I sat down.
 
“Well...” She sighed.  I tilted my head in concern and she spilled her story.
 
“And because of that, I’m afraid of water. Well not water, but like places where there are lots of water, like pools or beaches or lakes or rivers.” She was at the verge of crying.
 
I felt awkward because I didn't know what to do with a girl about to cry.  But I felt like I needed to say something to her.  “It’s okay, you'll get over it someday,” I said, trying cheer her up.
 
“Yeah...” She wiped her tears away with the back of her hand.
 
“Stop crying and get ready for the match, we'll win,” I grinned and put my hand on her shoulder.
 
She raised a hand, about to slap me, and I instantly took my hand back. “I said don’t touch me,” she hissed.  She smiled, I smiled back.
 
“WE WILL WIN!”
 
“NO WE WILL!”
 
“WE WILL!”
 
“NO US!”
 
Yoomi and I turned around and noticed a group of boys and girls were arguing.
 
“What’s going on?” Yoomi asked.
 
“Oh, it’s the girls and us, they're fighting again,” I laughed.
 
Yoomi kept staring at the groups. “As always.”

 

Jaemi’s POV
 
“Guys, don’t talk to them, save your energy, they're so not worth it." I narrowed my eyes at the boys sticking their tongues out. "Let’s go to Yoomi,” I said, and we all got out of the pool.
 
“Ya, what’s wrong?” Yoomi asked.
 
I rolled my eyes. “Those boys said they'll win.  We tried to ignore them, but they won’t stop bothering us,” I said as I folded my arms.
 
“I know, they need to stop before one of us decides to give them a good punch,” Hyunmi said, frustrated.
 
“Guys, calm down... Here.” Yoomi handed us our towels.
 
I noticed Youngmin was there.  He stood up, looking away. “Yoomi, I have to go now.” 
 
“Eh, why are you here? GET OUT!” Nara screamed.  Youngmin glanced over at Yoomi and ran over to see his friends.
 
“Eat these, I bought it for you guys a while ago.” Yoomi gave us sugar pretzels and water bottles.  We plopped down on the chairs and scarfed down the sugar pretzels- we hadn't realized how hungry we were.
 
“Guys, I’m bored, can we get on some slides?” Yoomi asked.
 
We all looked at each other. “Sure!” we said, and we headed over to the slides.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what chu think? comments and subscribes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3