Preparing For the Show! Part 1. Happiness

Karate Kids

 

Hwayoung’s POV
 
I was in the elevator heading to the room.  It had been a week since we decided to participate in the talent show and Yoomi was better.  We all felt bad for her and Youngmin, but we were all busy with our practices, so we hadn't had the time to ask about their drama.  I was kind of stressing the talent show.  It was in a week and Minwoo and I hadn't even practiced our dance yet.  Minwoo said he was making up the choreography, and even though I trusted him, I was still worried about learning it in time.  Just then, I heard 'Let's Get It Started', my ringtone for Minwoo.  I reached into my purse and dug through it to find my phone.  I grabbed it right before the song ended.
 
"Hey!" The elevator doors opened and I stepped out. "I'm about to get the room."
 
"Hwayoung, you know the dance studio by the pool?"
 
I held my phone between my shoulder and ear and pulled out the card key.  "Yeah, why?"  I unlocked the door and walked in.
 
"Come over to the dance studio.  It's empty and I finished the choreography." He sounded excited.
 
I set the key card on the table and leaned against the counter. "Really?  Well let me get changed into some workout clothes and I'll meet you there."
 
"Okay!  Awesome!  Well... see you then!"  He hung up.  
 
I threw my phone in my purse and went through my clothes to find my workout clothes.  I prayed that I didn't bring any ugly ones.  I let out a sigh of relief that I actually brought clothes that I wouldn't be embarrassed to wear outside my house.  I contemplated a crop top, but I pulled out tank top and cargo pants instead.  I put on my converse, grabbed my purse and the card key and left for the dance studio.  
 
When I got there, Minwoo was waiting for me.  His face lit up instantly.  I set my purse down by a wall and faced him.  "What do you have for us?" I smiled. 
 
He got a mischievous grin on his face and walked over to the stereo.  He put in a CD and turned up the volume.  "Have you heard of 'Anonymous' by Bobby Valentino?" he asked.  I shook my head.  "Well we're using it as our song for the talent show," he said and hit play.  Music blasted in the room.  I nodded my head to it.  After about two minutes, he turned it off.  "You like it?" 
 
I smiled.  "Sounds like my kind of beat."
 
He flashed a smile back. "Good."  He turned back to the stereo. "Okay, let's get started." He hit play again.  Music filled the room again.  He slid over and spun toward me until we were a few inches away from each other.  He rolled his body close to me and I copied him.  We danced in sync and he said, "Okay, spin and get in front of me."  I did and he touched my arm and trailed down to my hips...
 
I jumped away.  He looked confused.  I shut off the music.  "What's wrong?" 
 
"I just... I can't do it," I said.
 
Minwoo walked over. "Why not?  What's wrong?  You don't like it?"
 
"No!" I blurted.  He tilted his head in confusion. "No, it's not that, it's good, but..."  I walked away from him and sat on the floor.
 
He sat next to me. "What's wrong?  You can tell me, it's fine."
 
I looked over at him.  His eyes were full of genuine concern.  I stared at my shoes.
 
"Well... I don't know... I guess there's just a lot of..." I turned a shade of red.
 
"Touching?"
 
"Yeah... I guess I'm just a little uncomfortable." I looked at him.  
 
He pushed a little piece of my bangs out of my face and smiled.  "Well we could change that, couldn't we?"
 
"By changing the dance?" I asked hopefully.
 
"No, silly!" He ruffled the top of my hair.  "I've been working on this for a week, it's a winner!"
 
I pouted. "But..."
 
He pulled me closer.  My heart started beating faster.  He put his arm around my shoulders and gently set my head on his shoulder.  I looked up at him without moving my head and grinned.  He smiled, put his head on mine, and hugged me tight.  We sat there for a few minutes.  
 
I realized this wasn't a dream and stood up fast.  Minwoo, caught off guard, almost tripped standing up.  "We should get to practicing then," I said quickly and blushed. 
 
"Okay." He smiled and turned to the stereo again.  "We're gonna have to get you loosened up if we want this to look right," he said glancing over at me.  He hit play again.  Music filled the room again.  
 
He walked over to me and turned me around so we were facing the mirror.  He stepped behind me.  "Now just relax okay?"  
 
I stared at our reflection.  "Okay..."
 
He put his hands on my hips. I squirmed and moved forward to get him off, but his hands stayed.  We both were looking at our twins in the mirror.  My eyes were wide and his head came close to my ear. "Calm down," he whispered.  "Relax and it'll be easier." 
 
I tried to relax.  He started moving my hips in time with the music.  My heart was beating faster, but I started getting used to Minwoo being close.  He took his hands off my hips and touched my arm like he had earlier.  I pulled away.  "Okay, okay, I'm done!"  
 
"NOPE!" He pulled me closer and hugged me.
 
I blushed and stared at his hands. "But... but what about the other girl you were asking about?"
 
I looked at the mirror again and watched Minwoo's face look me up and down in the mirror.  His eyes met mine. "She wasn't right for me," he said and rested his head on mine.  A smile crept on my face.
 
I turned around and he put his arms around my waist.  I looked up at him.  “Uhm Minwoo... What if people walk in and see us like this?” I tried to pull away to act like I didn't want the hug.  
 
He smiled and squeezed me closer. “It’s okay, people can say whatever they want, can't they?”  
 
I smiled and pushed him away playfully.  "Let's get to practicing, otherwise we won't be able to perform!" 
 
 
Nara’s POV
 
Hyunseung and I were in our room practicing our song.  He had already picked out the song, 'Nice to Meet You' by G.Na ft. Wheesung.  We had printed out copies of the lyrics and sat on the bed next to each other.   
 
“'Geudae gomawoy-'" My voice cracked and I stopped singing. "Hyunseung, this part is too high, I can’t reach it!” I looked up at him with pouty eyes. 
 
He held my hand. “It’s okay, all you need is practice,” he winked.
 
I sat on his lap with my legs on either side, held both his hands in my lap, and stuck out my lip. “I know, but it’s too hard!” 
 
Hyunseung leaned forward kissed my lips gently. “Nothing is impossible." I smiled. “Let’s try it one more time," he said.  
 
“Geudae gomawoyo~o" My voice cracked again and I stopped singing.  I looked at him again with big eyes. 
 
“Drink this, you'll feel better.” He reached over to grab a water bottle off the nightstand, careful not to make me fall off, and handed it to me.  I gulped down half of the bottle, got off him, and put it back.  I curled up next to him.
 
“It’s okay, keep trying, we still have a week left before the show," he assured me.  He touched my hair and started twisting it into little curls and letting them untwist.  
 
I looked up at him. "I think I'm a little tired..."
 
He smiled. "Well you need to get some energy then."
 
I got back on his lap like earlier.  I leaned in closer. "Well then you'll just have to give me some energy then, won't you?" I whispered with a smile.
 
He pulled me closer so there wasn't any space between us. “Okay, well if you insist...”  
 
His face got closer to mine. "Oh, I do insist," I breathed.  
 
Hyunseung cupped my face with his hands and kissed me.  He scooted forward and I wrapped my legs around his waist.  He leaned forward until I fell on my back and he was over me, propped on his elbows.  He broke off the kiss and said, "I think I might be tiring you out instead of giving you energy."
 
"Does it really matter anymore?" I asked. 
 
"Guess not," he said and kissed me again.  
 
 
Hyunmi’s POV
 
Kwangmin and I had decided to perform 'Going Crazy' by Song Jieun ft. Bang Yongguk.  I had printed up the lyrics and gave Kwangmin a copy to read off of.  I was sitting on the bed, legs crossed, reading along while he paced and rapped. 
 
“Wow!  The rap is really fast, I can’t believe I did so well!” Kwangmin praised himself.  He turned, expecting me to say something.
 
I winked at him. “I know!  You're great!” I put my thumbs up.  
 
He walked over to the bed and I scooted over so he had more room to sit.  I stretched my legs out and set my paper on the nightstand.
 
He looked at me and leaned over, centimeters away from my ear. “I know I am, you don’t have to tell me," he whispered
 
I hit his arm. “You're so arrogant!” 
 
He sat up straight and smirked. "I know." He leaned over and started tickling me.   
 
“STOP!" I giggled and fell over.  He got on his knees, stood over me, and kept tickling. "I SAID STOP!” I knocked him over and he was laying on the bed and I was sitting on his abs, legs on either side of him.  He started laughing and I tickled him back.    
 
We tackled each other until we were laying on the bed staring at the ceiling next to each other.  I wiped my tears and breathed out to catch my breath.  Kwangmin rolled on top of me and propped himself up with his elbows so he wouldn't crush me.  His bangs fell over my head and I blew at them.  We laughed. 
 
“We're now officially a couple,” he grinned.
 
“What?  Who said that?” I retorted. 
 
“Me!" I raised my eyebrow for him to continue. "I know you love it, no need to lie,” he whispered.  He touched my nose and I blushed.
 
I moved my face close to his. “How do you know I like you?” I whispered.
 
He pretended to look like he was thinking. “I don’t know, maybe it's because you act differently than when we first met almost a month ago.”  
 
I pretended to think it over. "Maybe... I suppose that's a good observation." 
 
Kwangmin leaned in, slowly closing his eyes. I closed my eyes, and our lips met.  After a few seconds, he broke it off.  "Do you know how long I've wanted to do that?" he asked.  
 
I gave him a quick kiss and laid back down. "Well do it again," I said.  
 
He my hair with one hand and put it back to my side to keep balance over me. "As you wish." He leaned in again.
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
 
He looked over at the door. "You have GOT to be kidding me," he muttered.  He got off the bed and walked to the door.  I sat up trying to figure out if this was a dream or not.
 
Kwangmin opened the door.  A teacher stood at the doorway. “I’m sorry, but you guys need to keep it appropriate in here,” she informed us.  She looked around Kwangmin to give me a look and looked back at Kwangmin. 
 
Kwangmin tried to look confused. “What?  What're you talking about?"  He looked back at me and I tried to feign innocence.
 
“We saw everything.  Just consider this a warning.” She winked at us and walked away.  
 
Kwangmin looked back at me. "Was that for real?" he asked in disbelief.  
 
I shook my head. "What'd she mean by she saw everything?"
 
He shut the door and walked back to the bed. "I have no idea," he said and sat down next to me. He leaned over and kissed me again.  "Let's get started on this song, shall we?"
 
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Let's all say a "thank you" to my co-author! THANK YOU!!!!! <3