Hyung?

Heartless

I avoided the rest like the plague from that day on. I could tell they were also avoiding me. Nothing was going well at that moment. Our scheduled debut was getting nearer yet, we were not even close to talking. A month before the deadline, Young Guk went to pay a visit to Mr Park.

When he came back, his face was grim and he kept glaring at me. We all could tell he tried pushing back the deadline.
Everyone was hostile. However, I was not affected. I was already used to this kind of treatment. I just went on with my schedule for the day as if nothing happened. I was always punctual for every training. All except one, singing. I always tried to avoid that class as I was afraid of letting my emotions go. I was afraid that once I started singing, I would cry again like I did in the cafe.
I have heard the others talk about the classes. I have heard that Youngjae was the best at singing. I have not heard his voice though, as I haven't attended singing class. Truthfully, I longed to attend singing class because I liked singing. It made me feel myself. Yet I knew how dangerous being yourself was. And just like I avoided the others, I avoided singing.

One evening, I accidently crept up upon the rest talking about me. I had never cared to eavesdrop yet I could not bring myself to turn away at that moment. They were all wondering why I was scouted.

"From all I've seen of him, he's only got a pretty face," Junhong said.

"Hyun Ae noona would not just scout people for their looks. You know how uptight she is about talent?" Youngjae replied.

"Psh! What talent has he got? Sulking? That's all he does all day long. He at dancing and rapping. He doesn't attend singing. Must be terrible at it too," Young Guk sneered.

"Then why was he scouted?" asked a puzzled Jongup.

"I don't have a clue. It's really a puzzling subject."

"I guess he was just scouted for his looks then. If he has no talent."

"But we already have a visual! Himchan hyung was an ulzzang!"

Himchan? It must be the sixth member. Where was he anyway? They said he went back to his hometown to visit his family. Suddenly, the front door creaked open and the lean profile of a brunette entered the room. He caught me crouching outside the door. It was so dark that I couldn't see his face. The door which I was crouching near to, swung open, hitting me in the face and tearing at the flesh on my chin. Blood oozed out from my wound and there was a throbbing pain.

"Daehyun hyung? What are you doing down there?" Junhong asked me suspiciously. He shook his head and looked up, "Oh! Himchan hyung!" His face broke into a wide smile.

I looked up and got the biggest shock of my life. When Junhong had opened the bedroom door, the light spilled all over the newcomer's face. I could see it clearly now. The others came out of the room and greeted him. Slowly, I stood up and stared at my brother's face.
"Hyung?"

What happens when your dead brother suddenly revives and is in front of you.

What happens when you meet someone who looks exactly like him?

What happens when you have to spend most of your life with him?

I stared at Himchan, my brother's look-a-like. There was no doubt about it. They were exactly the same. My heart ached as memories flooded my mind once more...

//Flashback//
"Hyung, what do you want for your birthday?" I asked.

"Mmm...anything is fine with me," he replied with a smile.

"No! I want to give you something special! Like you did for my birthday!" I grinned toothily at him.

"Hmm..." he thought for awhile. "Why don't you give me a girlfriend?" He laughed after saying that sentence.

"Jung Daeyoung! Come over here!" our mother screamed from inside the house.

"Coming umma!" he rolled his eyes and left me playing the train set by myself...
//Flashback//

I felt tears forming in my eyes and I quickly looked away, only to find that Junhong was staring at me.

"What?" I switched to poker-face.

"Why were you staring at Himchan hyung?"

"Nothing. Why were you creeping up on me?"

He held out a tube of cream, "It's for your neck. Apply this every 6 hours."

I took it from his hand and he disappeared. As he walked away, Junhong thought to himself, I swear I saw him cry.

Applying the cream helps to relieve the pain from the wound. I only wished it would also help to cure emotional pain. Everynight, I would dream of how he would die and I would wake up, mentally slapping myself, telling myself to get over it and that I vowed to never dwell on the past. It was not easy though. One reason was because he was always there, Kim Him Chan. I did not speak to him as I was afraid I would lose control over my emotions. As long as he was here, I returned to my old self, heartless.

One evening, all the members were gathered in the living room. Junhong and Jongup were sweeping up the room. Youngjae was watching television. I was sitting beside him and staring into space. Both Himchan and Youngguk were missing. An hour passed and we heard footsteps at the front door. Youngguk came in, followed by Himchan. I immediately got up and was heading to the bedroom when Youngguk pulled me back.

"Not so fast. This is important and I want everyone to listen." He let go of me and I sulkily sat on the couch.

"I talked to Park-ssaem. He wanted a reason for the delay of our debut and I told him we weren't bonded enough," Youngguk casted a sideways glance at me, "He seemed to understand but he told me that the company could not wait any longer and we had to do something. He told me that either we debut or all of us would be kicked out. He actually thought for a long time before he came up with a solution."

"And the solution is?" asked Youngjae.

"Well since our so-called problem is bonding, he told me that he's going to debut the trainees who trained for the longest first because they have known each other for a long time."

"Does that mean-"

"Yes," Youngguk interrupted Jongup, "Junhong and I are going to debut first."
 

 

 

(A/N: I'm really really sorry I didn't update yesterday! It was because I got home from school at 8 and was so exhausted D: Please forgive me! ^^)