Chapter 40: Tying the Knot 1.2

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 40: Tying the Knot 1.2

[The Final Beginning 1.3]


Jongdae/Minseok

A week it took for Jongdae to make up his mind. A week where his mind is full of questions and is torn between yes and no. A week where he would be in daze and would be recalling back the past and the present exchange of time. A week where his heart would ache in pain and where he would cry in his sleep in return. A week that tortured Jongdae from just making a simple decision.

Jongdae finished listing down yesterday’s collection, the number of servings for each food, the leftovers and others because he was tired yesterday and wasn’t able to put off the listing. Putting it away, Jongdae leans back on his swivel chair, letting out a tired sigh from all the work he had done. He was kept in his office for some hours now, never stepping out to see how the outside interactions. It was tiring definitely, but it was worth it because it helped him clear his mind when he is busy. Taking his phone beside the face down frame, Jongdae slides down his contacts, passing his brother’s number and his close friends before going to the end of the list.

Kim Minseok

His thumb was above the call sign, ready to tap it to call the older, but hesitation took over him whether to call or not; whether to think about his decision more or not. Just then, he remembers some pieces of his past.

Flashback

“Minseok hyung?” Jongdae looks around for the older throughout the dark room, straining his eyes to form out any outline of a man that could be his hyung. Calling out the older’s name once again, Jongdae receives no answer however and the younger felt lost all of a sudden. Suddenly, a bright light appears and Jongdae shield his eyes for a moment and finds the whole place decorated with balloons, teddy bears and confetti, cakes and foods on the long grand table. Jongdae gasps in surprise and soon felt a pair of arms wrapped around his waist and a hot breath ghosting over his ear.

“Happy birthday, babe.”

~

“Say ‘aahh’,” Minseok repeats even forming an action that led to Jongdae’s pink-tinted face in response. Jongdae’s a shy person and action like these always makes him embarrassed over it. It just doesn’t suit him at all. When Minseok repeats it again, Jongdae gave in and said ‘aahh’ in a shy manner before engulfing the spoon of caramel vanilla ice cream that caused him to shriek in shock when Minseok took a quick peck on his lips, the lingering soft lips of the older remains to his feeling.

Minseok chuckles at his reaction, loving the ruby cheeks as a response and his creamy lips.

“Sweet. Just like you.”

~

“What do you want to be in the future?” Minseok asks the younger, whose attention is focused on the sky above with a rather dazed expression. Resting his body on the soft grass, Minseok rested his head on his palms, watching the floating streak of cloud dance around the sky with grace. Silence enveloped them for a bit, before Jongdae huffs out a sigh.

“I don’t know. But I’m thinking about to take culinary as my course.”

“Why?”

“Because you spoil me too much with sweets,” Jongdae teasingly replied and chuckles together with the older.

“That’s true babe. You’re very sweet that’s why I spoil you.”

End of Flashback

Pieces of his memorable past ease his heart, giving a gentle comfort and love. Telling his heart that it’s going to be okay, that everything is going to be fine, Jongdae decides to call the older. To give his answer after a week of torture. Waiting for the call to be picked up, the rings vibrates to a sound of anxiety to his heart, but Jongdae tells himself that it is going to be okay no matter what; that he could handle it. As the call is picked up and Minseok’s voice resonated from the other line, Jongdae felt the air in his throat got caught up and for a moment he couldn’t speak; the anxiety and fear drowning him once again.

“Hello? Jongdae? Hello?”

Trembling lips, Jongdae forces out an answer, “Hyung?” It barely came out as a whisper, but the younger thinks it is fine.

“Jongdae? What’s wrong? Are you okay?” Jongdae could hear the worry that laced on the older’s voice and it somehow eased his panicking heart.

“Meet me at the tenth box around 5. I’ll see you there.”

“You’re doing fine, right? Okay. I’ll see you there. Take care.” And Minseok hangs up the call.

Jongdae tells his heart that he did what is best and that his decision will save them both. Weight lifted up a bit, Jongdae feels rather quite a bit light than before, his burden decaying bit by bit. Sporting a tired face, Jongdae buried his head on his arms that rested on the table, drawing out a long sigh after. He decides that he’ll take a nap first, and then decide later on what to do after.

~

Minseok felt happy when Jongdae called him up that they’ll meet up at the tenth box. He’s happy that the younger decides to meet up with him, no sign of hesitation or defeat lingered in his voice and Minseok was sure that the younger will tell his answer, after all, it has been a week now since the last time he saw him. He gave him enough time and Minseok busied himself with work and his brother, in order for him to keep distracted from Jongdae so that the day will pass so freely on its own that he’ll never judge.

He was whipping up frost for the three layered cake, coating it with chocolate frosting, when he receives the call from Jongdae. Pocketing it and smile plastered on his face, Minseok was filled with excitement that he eagerly finished all the works that is needed to be done. Finishing up the last order, coating the cake with bluish-gray candy and accenting it with sugar powder and designs; Minseok finishes the birthday cake with a last dip of caramel tie at the middle body. Sending the cake to the wrapping area, Minseok calls for Yejin to deliver the cake to the client for the night party.

Telling his employees to wrap things up and go to their designated duties, he dismisses them; Minseok leaves the cafe when he took a glance at the time and noticed that it was 15 minutes before 5 pm. Telling Donghae to close the cafe when they finished up around 8. Taking his coat with him from his office, Minseok sets out to the tenth box.

The tenth box isn’t really a box, but rather a small spacious area donned with forests around and flowers alike that both men used to go often. They mostly spend their time there, their laughter and memories kept there together with their smiles. It was one of their precious place, one that is memorable and worth to keep; a haven.

Minseok arrives there earlier than expected, not sighting Jongdae anywhere when he arrived. He takes a sit on the bench near the lamp post and takes out his phone and texted Jongdae.

To: Kim Jongdae

I’m here already. Where are you?

Sending the message, Minseok stared at his phone for awhile, biting his lip before glancing around as he pockets his phone.

~

Jongdae looks around the shelves, looking for the marshmallows. When he found the shelf, he takes several big packs of marshmallows and went to the drink section to get some juices. After paying for it, he steps out of the convenience store when his phone buzzed in his pocket. Taking it out, Jongdae checks the message and is surprised when he found that it is from Minseok.

From: Kim Minseok

I’m here already. Where are you?

“Must be excited,” Jongdae mumbles to himself, a small smile appearing on his face unknowingly to him.

To: Kim Minseok

I’m on my way. I have snacks. :)

Jongdae chuckles at himself when he realized he placed a smiley face at the end of his message and somehow regrets it a bit after he had send it already. Shaking his head, Jongdae went on his way to the tenth box with a happy heart. When he arrived there, he sighted Minseok sitting on their usual bench. Somehow, his heart swelled in happiness at the same time, in pain. He doesn’t know why, but somehow he felt that way. Not wanting to show his feelings, he puts up with a small smile for the older as he approaches him.

“Hi, hyung,” Jongdae greets the older who rekindled with a small ‘hello’ and a warm smile. Taking a sit beside him, Jongdae settles the plastic bag at the middle gap between them before taking a look around the place, a wide smile slowly forming as he noticed that the place hasn’t changed at all. It gave his heart a sense of comfort.

“The place hasn’t changed, huh?”

Minseok nods his head in agreement, “Yeah, it didn’t change at all. Everything’s still the same. The only thing that changed is the time.”

Silence envelopes them warmly while they absorb once again their haven; the place that they haven’t visited for awhile due to their wounded heart. The creamy road along with the patches of emerald grass covering the sides, the bushes and sides covered with different hue blossomed flowers, forest trees dominating the other side and sunlight drifts warmly throughout. Birds sing along together with the dancing wind, making a musical art for them. Pieces of memories appears before them, their shared laughter, smiles and memories; all together in one place. It gave them the sense of warmth in their hearts, recalling their beautiful past together and how it gave a joyous feeling in their hearts as they remembered it.

“Minseok hyung,” Jongdae whispers his name and Minseok glances at him. He stares at Jongdae’s sad gaze while the younger stared ahead at their place. Jongdae contemplates on what he wants to say to the older, how he is going to respond and to work it out for them both. Taking some time to think and when he finally collected himself, Jongdae looks at the older, his nervous and sad eyes meeting with the older’s steady and calm gaze.

He looks down as he speaks, “I...I don’t have an answer yet, Minseok hyung. I know that it has been a week and I did thought of it, but I can’t give you my answer now. Not now when things are still in mess.” His voice trembled, showing how nervous he was to speak his decision. True it was, that for the past week, he hasn’t really decided on what to pick. He was caught in a dilemma that he doesn’t want to be in, but he was anyways.

Jongdae couldn’t meet his gaze, not now when he spoke his answer to the expectant older male. He feels bad for some reason, but he can’t help it when he is still hurting that much. Between the crisp of time, Minseok’s hand took his and gave it a gentle squeeze that made the younger look at him. Minseok smiles and tells him that it’s okay. That he could wait ‘till he made up his mind.

“I could wait, Jongdae. I’m not in a hurry. ‘Till then just let me visit you, see you and be with you. I’m not doing that so that you could make up your mind, I just want to be closer with you. I just want to be by your side. And of course, I won’t do it if you don’t give me your permission. But will you though?” Minseok sincerely and shyly tells the younger male who blinks his eyes at him. Swelling with familiar warmth and love, Jongdae blushes a bit before finally agreeing and Minseok grins when he hears the response from the younger. He wants to hug the younger in gratitude, but decided against it since he doesn’t want to make the younger uncomfortable with him instead he gives his sincerest gratitude for the younger.

“Thank you, Jongdae.”

~

*Bonus*

“Want some?” Jongdae hands him the marshmallow pack which Minseok briefly looked at him first before getting some.

“Thanks,” Minseok replies and stuffs his mouth with several marshmallows and Jongdae glances at him with a worried look.

“Yah, don’t put too much. You’ll choke,” Jongdae warns him and Minseok grins at him with mouth stuffed with full of marshmallows. Jongdae chuckles at him before shaking his head. When Minseok finally swallowed the marshmallows after grinding them forcefully, he lets out a breathy content, satisfied with the marshmallows. He felt the younger nudge him and when he turns; his lips felt a soft push, noticing a big marshmallow is on his lips held by Jongdae who had a small smile.

“Eat up.”

Minseok leans away a bit to chuckle at the younger’s cuteness before taking the marshmallow off from the younger’s fingers and chews on it with a happy feeling while he stares at the landscape before him together with Jongdae who had a smile that he never wore since the last time he wore it.

Kris/Tao

Tao feels lonely for the whole week. He has been avoiding Kris for a week and sure thing his heart no longer ached in pain, but rather he felt the yearning to see the older male. He buried himself with the works in the hotel so that his mind wouldn’t be occupied by Kris, but it seems to aggravate the longing to spend time with the latter. Tao’s frustration was building up for the past few days and today wasn’t helping at all.

“Young master, the lord and mistress wishes to see you,” Li Mun, the family’s head butler, informs Tao with his head hang low. Tao was at Luhan’s hotel, specifically at the lounge with several papers on the table to finish off and hand it to Luhan’s secretary, Yuan, when all of a sudden, Li Mun came and interrupts him. Tao rolls his eyes and sighs in distress, throwing the pen on the glass table creating a loud ‘thunk’. He sends his butler a pleading look to leave him alone and just make an excuse that he can’t attend to whatever they are trying to set him up with.

But Li Mun couldn’t give in this time, like the other times he did, because today is different than the others. The butler tightens his lips into a firm line, keeping his gaze steady on the polished floor.

With a soft voice, Mun replies with a saddened and apologetic tone, “I’m sorry, young master, but I can’t go back to the mansion empty-handed. My lord has ordered me to take you back home, for they have something important to discuss with you regarding a crucial matter.”

Tao rubs his temple for awhile, trying to ease the headache that is slowly creeping up to his head. He ponders whether to go or not, and he knew he could wish not to go, but when he casted a look on their family butler, he feels pity for him and decided to give in instead even though he didn’t want to. Tao gave Mun a defeated gaze and silently, Mun lets out a silent, yet relieved sigh.

“Thank you, young master.”

Tao decides to dump the paper works to Yuan instead, as a revenge for her y attitude towards him every day.

Serves her right.

~

“Father, you have got to be kidding me. Why am I supposed to attend something that I shouldn’t attend?” Kris states with incredulousness, eyes wide in shock at his father’s announcement. Sipping his hot coffee, Kris’s father places the cup on the saucer and sets his attention to his eldest son who had a very understandable reaction to what he had announced awhile ago.

“Minho went to Japan to retrieve the files from the company’s manufacture and shareholders and had to stay for a few days to entertain the VIPs who is going to have a tour in our company,” Kris’s father explained minimally for his son to understand, afraid that he won’t understand for the 3rd time. Kris groans and shakes his head in disapproval.

“I won’t go. Just because of that excuse, I won’t go. I can’t deal with business people and you very well know that!” Kris yells, marking his temper that is already in its limit. What Kris can’t stand against is that if someone forces him to something he doesn’t know how to handle and how to mingle with socialistic and narrow-minded people in business, because Kris doesn’t really have a clue to begin with.

“Wu Yi Fan,” Hao Min calls out his attention, her warning tone easing his temper, knowing well to keep everything down and easy when he hears his mother’s voice. His mother rarely steps out and intervenes in father and son’s talks and hearing her intervene isn’t pleasant news if he would pursue the topic with persistency of not going to go. The head of the family smiles at Hao Min, appreciating her interruption, which Hao Min smiles back at his husband a bit. Kris watches them exchange lovely gestures and the blonde couldn’t help, but give in already.

“Fine, I’ll go. Just this once and I won’t go to any business party ever,” Kris begrudgingly replies to them, making Hao Min envelope him with a tight hug and a proud smile from his father causing him to chuckle and decides that it wouldn’t be so bad to go to a typical business meeting.

~

And it turns out to be a great decision, yet shocking, but nevertheless a great decision, because he was able to meet Tao in the business party. He was shocked by the younger’s appearance in the party, silently questioning to why he is in this kind of meeting. Some of Minho’s friends gladly informed him about what the party is about and tells about the only child of the renowned family called the Huang’s. They fill him in about little details about the only young master, gossiping how he emphasizes great authority by merely looking at his form.

Kris hears their tales and recognizes the situation he was in and knowing what he is missing about the young boy. When he was about to approach Tao, Muyeong, a visitor as he introduces himself (but Kris takes note that he isn’t merely a well-known visitor, but rather a journalist undercover when he noticed the piece of paper sticking out of the guy’s pocket), took hold of his wrist and turned his attention towards him.

“I suggest you wouldn’t approach him, Mr. Wu,” Muyeong warns him, yet his light brown eyes play a resemblance of mischief. Raising an eyebrow to the man who rudely intervened, Kris puts up a scowl on his face, clearly not minding how he reacted in front of a journalist that could seriously ruin his family’s reputation.

“My, my. A tough dragon, indeed. Mr. Wu, Tao, the only child of the Huang’s is considered to be an outcast. H-“

“An outcast?” Kris interrupts him with a surprise tone in his voice. That was new. He never heard of Tao being an outcast. Muyeong puts up a tight smile, not appreciating the fact that he was rudely interrupted.

Clearing his throat, Muyeong continues, “Yes, I was getting there already. It turns out that the young master didn’t want to handle the company and was kicked out off the mansion. His whereabouts when he was kicked out were rightfully conducted with utmost privacy and I assure you that we only know his whereabouts and that is, he is with the well-known 5-star hotel owner, Mr. Lu Han.”

Kris thinks that this journalist is a wise one, knows how to pick his words well and know not how to offend someone that could lead to a serious damage. Hearing this, Kris gets a secret information about Tao, but a nagging feeling settles in his stomach, Muyeong words haunting him of what it means.

“What does it have to do with me not approaching him?” Kris inquired with a raised eyebrow, gazing at the short, petite-man before him with confusion. Muyeong’s lips falter a bit, before his lips curved into a smile.

“I warned you because several guests here are keeping an eye out of the only child of the Huang’s of whom they don’t know. Some knew, others mostly not and there are several bodyguards scattered around, disguised as guests, visitors and business partners. If you approach him, some will catch your actions and wonders the existence of whom you are talking to, and probably, the bodyguards might call of emergency, because Mr. Tao isn’t to be known in public.”

Kris blinks at his explanation, watching Muyeong gives him a pat on the shoulder and takes his leave, but not before putting up a sly smile. Narrowing his eyes as he processes the information, Kris turns to Tao, who was at the corner part of the room, dark and remarkably a place for one not to notice someone is there. But because Kris felt his heart beating loud against his chest, the moment he agreed to attend this party, he knew that it had to be linked with Tao, because it is where he remembered how his heart beats loudly against his chest when he sighted the younger as an ethereal beauty.

A figure stands on the grand staircase before the crowd of guests and reporters face adorned with a gentle smile and eyes crescent to emphasize how happy he is.

“Welcome to all and I want to express my sincerest gratitude to all of you for comi...” Mr. Huang utters through the microphone and Kris isn’t really paying much attention to it, because his focus was on Tao. When the younger takes a slip inside the darkness, Kris weaves through, trying to catch up with Tao as soon as he can, not wanting to lose sight of the younger.

Silently, he follows the younger with great distance, his keen eyes following well the hidden boy walking down the dim-lighted corridor. Kris thinks this isn’t the right thing to do, but his heart told him otherwise; telling him to keep following the younger boy and get things patched up again. Following Tao for 5 minutes, Kris watches the younger push a glass door and enters what it seems the balcony of the mansion. Biting his bottom lip, Kris decides to man up and pushes the glass door and approaches Tao. Halting a few meters away from the younger, Kris sights the slouched shoulders and back arched too much, expressing of much like sadness.

“Tao.”

~

Tao knew he wasn’t going to like it at all and definitely he knew that something is going to happen since his stomach feels so bad (and he couldn’t really blame the food he ate since morning). Luhan’s been frustrated in his work for the past week and Tao wanted to help him, and somehow, he did half of Luhan’s work, but was interrupted due to Mun’s sake. When he arrived at the mansion (hell, as he would describe it), he was greeted by his mother (who was by the way overly exaggerating her actions) who hugged him tightly and his father who had a bored and stoic face. Not like he cares, anyways.

He was in cool temper when he listened to his father’s announcement and when it came to the finale, he was supposed to storm out of the room, when Mr. Huang threatened him about withdrawing his share to Luhan’s hotel and Tao has to curse in his mind for the defeat. Biting his tongue and clenching his fists, Tao resigned to it, glaring at his father who had a triumphant smile on his face.

The party has started and Tao wants to tear off the suffocating silk suit he had been forced to wear. Given the details of the party, Tao was relieved that he wasn’t going to be displayed for the socialistic high-ranked crowd, their eyes boring through him and judging his features; the least thing he wanted to happen. Tao eyes the bodyguards scattered around, scoffing at his father’s ridiculousness of ‘protection’ of some sort, journalists, reporters and guests and business partners and friends were chatting through until his father came and stood on the platform, wearing a pleasant smile.

Hidden at the corner of the room, Tao escapes the sophisticated and business atmosphere within, trying to breathe the reality and get a fresh air. Saying that Tao doesn’t know what is happening in his surroundings is an understatement. He knew that there was someone following him when he left for the balcony. He purposely walked for five minutes to check if the person would stop, but it seems to be persistent and Tao doesn’t want to be rude to the person who fools himself of following him. Reaching the balcony, he rested his arms on the dark marble, fascinating the city lights and breeze. Hearing footsteps behind him and halts, the voice that came next wasn’t the thing that Tao wasn’t expecting.

“Tao,” a familiar deep-rich voice called out to him and he shamelessly shivered by the call of his name. He missed it. Shutting his eyes, Tao knew that he has no escape in anyways and just prepare what is to come, accepts what it is and restore the relationship they had before, because Tao couldn’t handle a day without Kris. Slowly fluttering his eyes open, the younger turns around, meeting the sight of the man he fell in love with, so gorgeous and perfect before his eyes.

Their eyes met, a silent greeting between the two tall males, melancholic and apologetic. Kris bit his lip at what to say, words carelessly mixed up and couldn’t form in his mind. He wasn’t expecting to be this nervous when he met Tao when he was sure that he could say it with confidence.

Yeah, right. Confidence.

Kris glances around, trying to formulate the right words and when he does, Kris stumbles on his words, “I-Tao. I-I never intended to hurt your feelings. I...um...don’t know what I did wrong, but...but I never really wanted you to get hurt. I don’t know what I should do to have your forgiveness, but please let me know. After you left me behind at the mall, I realized that...that I made a mistake. A mistake that I have to realize soon, but until then, please forgive me.”

Somehow silly in Tao’s ears when he heard Kris’ words, it hurts to hear that Kris doesn’t know what he did wrong, but he could never blame the older for he doesn’t know what his feelings are for him. He knew he has no right to get angry or frustrated at the older, but his feelings were great and Tao knew he couldn’t ignore it. But seeing that Kris is desperate for his forgiveness, knowing that Kris is looking for his presence, gave a sense of joy to his heart and thus making Tao give in, because he has to.

When the younger gave his answer, relief washed over Kris, a wide-smile broke out from his face and surprisingly hugged the younger male. Tao smiles a bit when he received the hug, thinking that he is foolish, but tells himself that he is foolish indeed and surrendered to the warmth of the older male. It was a bit longer than Tao had expected it, but nevertheless it gave him satisfaction of being able to hug Kris and be at his arms even for this one day. When Kris pulls away, Tao wipes off the tear that left his eye with the back of his hand, swift and unnoticed, giving Kris a soft smile of affection.

“Thank you,” Kris breathes out with gratitude, “I promise to make it up to you. I promise.”

Tao sadly smiles at him, fighting to hold the tears and not break down.

‘But you could never grant my wish, Kris. Never. For your heart is not mine, but his.’

Suho/Yixing

Guilt.

Pain.

It was all what Suho is feeling now. He feels angry at himself, helpless, guilty and in pain. It was all too soon to pray for a better time, a better person—a better ending. He wasn’t expecting this nor was he expecting the worse turning to worst. He feels stupid. So utterly stupid that he want to smash his head on the wall several times just to let himself know how stupid he was and it to be marked on his soul and mind.

He didn’t want this, yet it happened. He wishes to protect the younger, but he made it worse; he only added more pain to the younger. He felt he committed a crime again, almost, but it almost felt too real and Suho just want to drown himself in the water and never see the light again of reality.

When he arrived in the hospital and opens the door of Yixing’s room, he was greeted by a disappointed Dr. Yunho and pissed off Dr. Hyunwha, their expressions causing Suho to furrow his eyebrows and look at them in confusion. Closing the door, he approaches them and wonders why they are in Yixing’s room. Glancing at the boy, he found Yixing sleeping, a blanket tucked on him warmly and vitals fine. Hyunwha scowls at his concerned look for Yixing and Suho met her eyes, her hazelnut eyes donned with anger that Suho rarely saw.

“Do you even ing know what you did?” Hyunwha spat at him. Her bitter and harsh words striking him in his heart as it began to swell with confusion and anxiety. He stares at her before shifting his gaze to Yunho who lets out a tired sigh, fueling his curiosity and anxiety.

“What’s wrong?” he asks, completely unaware by the broken vase on the floor, flowers wilted to death and water splattered across glinting the shards with beauty, fruits hurled down together with a big teddy bear thrown to the corner of the room, looking sadly at them with a sad smile. He was completely unaware and Hyunwha wanted to punch him in his face to make some sense on him, but when Yunho nudge her hand, she grits her teeth and resorted to her vocals instead. It’s much better that way anyways.

“What’s wrong? What’s wrong?! , Suho, don’t you even know what you have done? You scatterbrain, where were you when you’re in duty?! Do you even know that you broke the rules? You ing can’t leave a patient alone, Suho! NO!” Hyunwha bitterly and angrily yelled at him causing his eyes twitch at her rude accusations of baseless things. Trying not to scowl, Suho tries to keep it up with his best blank face he could muster up and silently inquired what’s wrong again.

Instead of Hyunwha answering, Yunho beats her to it, trying to assess the situation and makes things easier. Hyunwha and her temper; not really a good combination for a lady.

“Suho, where were you? You know you should be here in the hospital at all times. Yes, you could leave, but the patient you’re handling is not an ordinary patient, Suho. He’s different. He’s not like other and since you’re the one handling him, you should be more present than absent. Sehun’s not here as you may know that he is still an ordinary nurse, quite different a bit, but still ordinary. He couldn’t be checking up the patient all the time when he is busy around and that he has to leave the hospital during the afternoon. The patient has no one to accompany him and as a doctor and the head nurse, you must stay by his side often,” Yunho explains in a quite disappointed tone, disappointed at Suho for some reasons and it caused the latter to bit his bottom lip, because why was he lecturing him? It doesn’t sound as an explanation to him, but more of like a lecture from a professor. Trying to know what is the problem; Suho tries to swallow the explanation and nods his head reluctantly making Hyunwha scoffs at him.

“But what is the problem? I don’t get it why you are like this to me. What happened anyway?” Suho knew something’s wrong, but he wants to beg to differ. He mind wants to tell him that everything is okay and that nothing happened, but his heart told him otherwise, instead it told him that there was a big problem and that he missed a lot to know what it is.

“Gosh, I can’t believe you’re so ing clueless and a retard, Suho! You’re a ing doctor and can’t you even tell if there’s a problem with your patient?! Look around, you dip. Look around the mess and know what’s wrong. If you still can’t even tell, I swear I’ll murder you with a scalpel,” Hyunwha grits out to him, her hands on his collar and Yunho had to pull her back, calming the ill-tempered doctor with the best of his abilities, but failed miserably when Hyunwha swatted his hands away angrily.

“For Pete’s sake, Yunho! He has to know what he did wrong! He has to know what he lacked and has to know that he almost ing killed his patient indirectly!” Hyunwha’s last words stirred him to reality’s truth, his face showing utmost concern and bafflement. Glancing around, he notices the broken vase, the fruits rolled around the floor and the teddy bear snuggled on the corner with a grim look, a smile that looks a frown then it snaps to him, sunk to him that there's something wrong. So terribly wrong. Shifting his gaze to Hyunwha’s steady and somewhat calmed eyes, his lips trembled to speak.

“K-killed...in-indirectly?” It came out as a whisper, shaken and confused. Hyunwha softened a bit, cooling down from anger when she saw Suho realized what’s happening. She let out a grumpy, yet relieved sigh. Yunho sighs, completely tired all of a sudden. He tells Hyunwha to take it a gentle way more this time before taking his leave and leaving the two doctors alone.

Hyunwha approaches Yixing’s bed, eyes sad and pity for the young man who is sleeping.

“Come closer,” she utters softly to Suho, a 360 degrees change from earlier. Suho didn’t hesitate and stood beside her, eyes watching how Hyunwha tucked in the strand of loose hair beside Yixing’s ear, noticing that Yixing didn’t tense from the sudden touch of another’s presence. Hyunwha grazed her fingertips at Yixing’s face, almost touching but not, showing her affection for the young boy.

“Take a closer look, look at what you are missing, Suho. Look at what is wrong,” she softly says to him, before retracting her arm to her side and lets Suho takes a closer look at what’s wrong and what he is missing. Fighting the urge to say what, Suho gazes at Yixing’s form; all too normal and breathtakingly beautiful as always. But then, he notices the something is wrong, all too wrong.

Yixing’s chest lifts up and falls down weakly, his breathing merely a gasp when Suho leaned the back of his hand near the younger’s parted lips, form too curled up when sleeping (he remembers that it is a bit curled up, but not really that curled up like a ball), skin pale than white and dried tears left its mark on the younger’s face that Suho lets out a shocked gasp, heart swelling with questions and aches in pain when no answers are given and to see a devastated and wrecked Yixing sleeping so tiredly at his cold bed.

“What happened?”

Hyunwha side-eyed him before answering him, “Apparently, he almost died today.”

Suho chokes on lost air, heart stopped beating momentarily before giving his attention to Hyunwha who had a grim look plastered on her face and Suho knew that the news isn’t going to be good news at all.

“Yixing, as I recall from the papers from your desk, has a weak heart. Yunho and I were talking about the new patient that arrived that has a damaged liver and spleen and needs operation along the corridor when we heard some noises in this room. So when we entered, Yixing was thrashing around, his mute screams confirmed that he was dealing with some pain psychologically. We tried calming him down, calling out some nurses and trying to get some sedatives to calm him down, but then he turned limp and falls on the bed and the ECG turned into flat line. Yunho did his best to revive the patient and thankfully, he did. And I did some investigations and it turned out to be that his parents came to visit him and just 10 minutes later they left when Yunho and I arrived,” Hyunwha explains to him, noticing how Suho paled after she explained.

“Nearly died? The Zhangs came?” Suho mumbles, his eyes glazed with utter pain and anger. Hyunwha kept her silence and decides to leave the room, giving Suho his time and closes the door.  As the door closes, Suho let out shaky breath, his temper maintaining its balance as he closes his eyes, trembling balled fists on his side while he tries to calm himself down. Opening his eyes, he gazes at Yixing with uttermost affection, care and sorrow—a reflection of his heart for the younger male. Reaching out his hand, he brushes off the fringe that covers the younger’s closed eyes; his fingertips ghosting over the pale skin, too scared to touch the frail and precious skin while he ghosts over the tears that once trailed down to the cheeks. Tears finally fell when he closed his eyes, letting his sorrow settle in his heart and pull his hand away and reaches for Yixing’s frail and seemingly almost small hand, clasping it with his and gave it a gentle squeeze to let the younger know that he is here by his side.

“I’m here. I’m here, Yixing. I’m sorry for leaving your side when you needed me the most. I’m sorry. I swear I’ll protect you. I’ll avenge you if you want me to. I’m sorry Yixing. I’m so sorry.”

This happened a week ago and for some reason, Suho doesn’t know what to feel at all. His heart felt like it would burst from all the worry, panic and wait. It’s been a week and Suho wants to scream in frustration because why is Yixing still asleep?

He doesn’t know.

“Yixing, wake up. Wake up please.”

 

Sehun/Luhan

Luhan drops his pen on the table, feeling frustrated and tired wherein Himchan glances at him with a worried look. Luhan’s been kept in the hotel for a week now. He hasn’t stepped out since the last time he went to the cafe. Different meeting were held in different places for the whole week and Luhan feels aggravated by it. Tons of paperwork was settled down on his table, secretary coming in and out for signing of funding, requests and his permission on several things.

It was tiring, definitely.

Himchan has been keeping an eye on him for the whole week and he noticed that Luhan’s been more dazed than working and Himchan could already guess that Luhan has been thinking about Sehun. The young boy who turned Luhan’s life upside down that Luhan vowed to give his life for the younger male. When Luhan hisses in frustration from half the paperwork on his table, Himchan knew he had to step out.

“Luhan,” he calls out to the tired male who spared him a tired glance, “why don’t you set this down for awhile? Go out and feel the outside world for awhile, will you? You could get back to this later when you are feeling better.”

Luhan gives him a raised eyebrow, a wary look by his advice and Himchan pulls up an assured smile.

“I’ll do the rest for you.” Luhan smiles a bit at him, glad by his advice and concern and nods his head.

“Guess I’ll go to the cafe for awhile. Do you want something while I’m there?” Luhan asks, pursing his lips tight as he waits for Himchan to answer. The older gives him a grin, eyes crescent and Luhan couldn’t help but grin also.

“Americano and sweets, please.”

“Okay, then. Thanks, Himchan,” Luhan says before standing up and left his office, leaving behind his coat that feels so heavy when he carries it.

~

“How are you Ciela? Nothing hurts today?” Sehun asks the young girl who rests her head on the white pillow weakly, her pale skin soothing with temperate coldness, eyes gleam with shallow dullness and her breathing caught in a loop of track. Sehun often visited her when she was recently diagnosed with stage three-pneumonia that Dr. Changmin and Dr. Jaejoong advised him to keep an eye out for her and inform them if there is something wrong.

Suho doesn’t visit her often just like before. After knowing what happened to Yixing, Sehun visited Ciela in replacement of Suho’s duty and gave company to the young-looking girl who spent her 2 years of life in the hospital. He remembers the cheerful girl back then, rebellious and showed no fear; a strong child that never showed any weaknesses, but when he sees the same girl now, the past seems a distant dream; everything was different.

“Don’t look at me like that, Sehun. Nothing changed, okay? I’m going to live, so remember that.” Ciela turned her head to the side and glances at him with a soft, yet tired smile in return.

“I’m okay, Sehun-ah. Nothing hurts today unlike yesterday. I’m fine,” Ciela replies with a hint of strain in her voice that causes Sehun to doubt her answer. Ciela senses his doubt when he didn’t reply and lowly chuckled at Sehun’s doubt.

“I’m fine, Sehun. Don’t worry about me. I’ll tell you when something hurts, okay? Trust me on this one,” Ciela encourages the other to trust her, to believe her that she is fine. Sehun bit his bottom lip, unsure whether to give in or not, but after thinking about it, he decides to give in.

“Fine,” Sehun mutters and Ciela smiled at him.

“Thanks, Sehun. Oh, by the way, how is Suho? I haven’t heard about him for some time now. How is he? Is he taking care of his patient? Yixing, was it? Yeah, him. Did Yixing wake up already?” Ciela asks, the hint of worry and curiosity lingered in her voice and Sehun tries to keep his answer minimal.

“Dr. Suho is fine. He’s been keeping an eye out to Yixing hyung, who hasn’t waked up yet.”

Disclosing of an important patient’s condition is strictly prohibited especially if nurses are going to gossip it around, but since, Ciela was a close of theirs and the girl truly cared for Suho, he decided to give her an answer. Hearing Sehun’s answer, Ciela gazed down sadly at the white blanket, a feeling of sorry settling in her heart. She heard about Yixing, Suho’s very own patient, who is very sickly and that the boy is very lonely and has no friends. She feels sad for Yixing and hopes that he’ll wake up soon since Suho cared deeply for him (due to Suho’s countless stories about Yixing to her). Closing her eyes, Ciela decides to sleep when she feels her head ached in slight dizziness and pain and tells Sehun to leave so that she could rest.

“Just call me when you need me, okay?” Sehun reminds her and takes his leave after receiving no reply which he deemed that Ciela must have gone to sleep already. He walks through the corridor, thinking of getting some snack from the cafeteria when he came across upon Dr. Cha and Professor Choi.

“Good afternoon Dr. Cha and Professor Choi,” Sehun greets them as he bows. Dr. Cha smiles at him whereas Professor Choi nods her head in response.

“Good afternoon also, Nurse Sehun. Aren’t you going to leave for your second part-time job?” Dr. Cha inquired with a raised eyebrow. Sehun smiles at her and shakes his head.

“The flower shop is closed for today so I decided to stay here until I decided to go home,” Sehun replies and the other two nods their head in understanding. Sehun looks at them and notices their tired eyes that he suddenly thought of something.

“Um, if I’m not rudely interrupting your conversation, would you like something to eat?” Sehun shyly asks them who looks at him with a surprised look.

~

And now Sehun is waiting in the line to order some sweets and lattes, the cafe that he went down last time together with Dr. Daehyun. The sweet level is maintained and not really that sweet which is a love for all females and males for their coffee at all levels. Sehun decides to buy for himself also, one for Ciela, Dr. Daehyun and Dr. Suho also. Waiting for his turn, a familiar looking boy enters the café, gazing around to find a seat. Finding one in the corner near the window, Luhan takes his sit there, his sight meeting the wall making his back face the front, and takes out his phone.

“Thank you.” Sehun smiles at the cashier lady and waits at the side for his order. Glancing around, Sehun scans the area and found every table taken and pouts a bit, thinking that he could have a cup of latte before he heads out. Sighing, he shakes his head and waits for his order.

‘I hope Tao is okay,’ Luhan thought sadly. When he got down to the ground floor, his secretary, Yuan informed him that Tao left the hotel with a guy that seems to be a butler by his appearance. By the mention of the butler, Luhan knew that Tao was fetched by his parents for something. Sending the family butler means that what they want to discuss with Tao is important and needs no refusal. Being trapped in his work, Luhan felt sad that he couldn’t help Tao like last time and hope for the younger’s safety and won’t be in pain.

Sighing, Luhan turns around and flickers his attention towards the line, watching a young lady takes her orders and scan the rest of the still long line. Biting his bottom lip, Luhan scans his contacts, briefing through the countless names that he doesn’t remember much.

“I’m sorry!”

 “It’s okay. Don’t worry about it.”

Luhan’s eyes slowly widened, his ears recognizing the voice that was once lost. Slowly, he turns around and finds a lady, the same lady he saw ordering, with a flushed face and apologetic expression. Luhan quickly turns to the double doors, sighting a long-haired guy leaves. Standing up abruptly, Luhan weaves through several people and pushes the door and stops in front while he glances at both sides for the male he saw, but to no luck he couldn’t sight the male anymore.

“Sehun.”

~

Luhan went back to his room, after apologizing to Himchan for not getting him his requests to which the latter dismissed saying that it is okay and Luhan proceeded to his room with a breaking heart once again. Arriving in his room, Luhan crawls to his bed and lays down gently, pushing back the whimper that tries to escape.

“Sehun,” Luhan desperately mutters his name, tears pooling in his eyes and before he knew it, he was already crying. He knew that it was Sehun, just by his voice, Luhan knew it was him. Even though he rarely heard Sehun speak, he could never forget Sehun’s voice, never would he when he heard it once before.

“What did you say?” Luhan asks in surprise, eyes wide at the young boy in front of him. He was passing by the neighborhood when he saw a young boy being circled by a gang of boys at the hidden alley. When he was able to send the gang away, Luhan asks if he was okay. Luhan recognizes him as the mute boy of the neighborhood for the male doesn’t respond to any talks, but only by sign languages or by gestures.

But his belief on that changes until now because Luhan swears the boy spoke and he wouldn’t let that go. Never.

Eyeing the boy’s face, Luhan’s heart throbbed by the features of the quiet boy. Chestnut hair, feline-like eyes, reddish cheeks and apple lips, Oh Sehun is a beautiful boy.

Being under someone’s gaze made Sehun uncomfortable, pursing his lips more in nervous, but he couldn’t leave the guy who saves his life without thanking properly. Feeling a bit burdened, Sehun decides to do it for at least once.

“Thank you.”

“Sehun!” Luhan screams, his voice echoing in his empty room reflecting his grief and anguish.

“Sehun...”

 

Chanyeol/Baekhyun

Chanyeol rubs his eyes and covers his mouth as he yawns. Baekhyun looks at him in concern and Chanyeol sleepily smiles at him.

“Just a bit tired hyung. Don’t worry about it,” Chanyeol lazily replies and Baekhyun smiles before playfully punches his arm. Chanyeol laughs before resting his head on Baekhyun’s shoulder, feeling comfortable by it. For the past week, Chanyeol and Baekhyun have been spending more time together, getting to know each other (Baekhyun actually) and having Baekhyun try to voice out some sounds. Successfully for the past week, Baekhyun made some very familiar sounds, a bit short, but definitely making a big progress so far.

They heard about Kyungsoo’s progress and both were happy to know that Kyungsoo is rapidly getting his voice back. Instead of envying his friend, Baekhyun was encouraged more to do a better job and recover fast and probably get his memories back. To remember what he lost and to get it back before it’s too late.

“Are you hungry? We spent our time visiting some places since morning,” Chanyeol asks quietly to which Baekhyun hummed; the sound that he perfected that brought joy to Baekhyun when he finally produced it. They’re at the piano studio, visiting the old man who is willing to let them stay over until the time they want to leave. Chanyeol brought Baekhyun to the studio, saying that his family knew this place and has become a regular due to Chanyeol’s father being a pianist before and because Baekhyun plays the piano, Chanyeol decides to bring him there.

Spending their time with Baekhyun playing the piano and Chanyeol singing, both decides to leave the studio and grab some food to eat. When they are about to leave the room, the door opens and a black-haired boy steps in and had a faint smirk on his face. Sighting him, Chanyeol froze at his spot causing Baekhyun to look at him in confusion and to the person at the door.

“What are you doing here, Myungsoo?” Chanyeol coldly asks, glaring at his brother who approaches them, who seemingly ignored him and had a warm smile plastered on his face.

“Can’t I visit my brother? And who do we have here?” Myungsoo eyed Baekhyun, taking in his form with narrow eyes as if judging him. Baekhyun squirmed on his place, feeling uncomfortable by the judging stare of Chanyeol’s brother. Seeing this, Chanyeol hissed at Myungsoo, growling at him lowly to show his anger at him.

“Stop it, Myungsoo,” Chanyeol ordered, but Myungsoo merely dismissed him with a glance and pulls up a steady smile. Shifting his attention back to Baekhyun, Myungsoo place a hand on the brunette’s shoulder, smiling as he does so before he asks.

“Haven’t we met before?”

Baekhyun looks at him in shock, eyes widening as he stares at Myungsoo’s face; a vision of another person forms on the empty space beside the latter, a resemblance of sort of whom he recalled have seen in his memories. It’s vague, but somehow Baekhyun felt he knew this person, knew who he was because he was all too familiar.

“Myungsoo,” a familiar voice calls out to his brother. Chanyeol tore his gaze away from the two and turned to the side, eyes hardening when he saw who it was. Myungsoo and Baekhyun tore their gaze away from each other and turned also, Baekhyun’s eyes widening in surprise while Myungsoo’s expression morphed into a serious one.

“Ying,” he calls out a bit flatly, but soon his lips curve into a smile. “What are you doing here?”

Myungsoo gazes at Chanyeol who has hatred completely plastered on his face and he turns to Baekhyun who had a shocked, yet melancholic expression. He found it a bit amusing when he studied their expressions, wondering how things would spice up soon. Ying looks at Chanyeol with a sad gaze and turns her attention to Myungsoo, sighting Baekhyun along.

“You called me, Myungsoo. And you ask me why I’m here?” Ying glares at him and Myungsoo chuckles when the glare turned two (the other one came from Chanyeol). He scratches the back of his head and innocently smiles.

“Is that so? I forgot. Sorry about that. So, brother, I’m going ahead now. Take care of Baekhyun, okay? Let’s go, Ying.” Myungsoo pulls her to the exit, not giving another glance to Chanyeol and Baekhyun and both left the two alone. Baekhyun feels petrified at what just happened and Chanyeol rakes his hair in frustration. Turning his attention to Baekhyun, his hand intertwines the other and gave it a comforting squeeze that caused the older to snap out of it and look at him with glassy eyes of the lost and confused.

Chanyeol’s heart ached and silently, he pulls Baekhyun into a small hug, his other hand caressing the older’s hair. He knew what Baekhyun wants. The older’s eyes told him all of it and Chanyeol decides to give it to him, because at least, he deserves to know.

“I’ll tell you about it. I’ll tell you what’s going on.”

Baekhyun slowly closes his eyes and his tears finally trickles down to his cheeks, his heart settling in tranquility when finally, he is able to get to understand what is happening.  

~

And everything turns out to be a lie.

Jongin/Kyungsoo

“Where are you going, Jongin?” Taemin asks the younger who continued putting on his shoes on the entrance. Jongin didn’t respond and Taemin feels sad by the lack of response.

“Where are you going, Jongin?” Taemin asks again, wanting to hear at least a response from the younger once again. Ever since Jongin took him back, saved their relationship, Jongin had been drifting away from him, farther and farther. Taemin knew it was his price for leaving the younger without a call, but he has his reason for it.

“Don’t call me Jongin. You don’t have the right. Call me Kai. Because you loved Kai not Jongin,” Jongin’s voice cracked in the end, before he turned to Taemin who was surprised to see Jongin gave him a broken look. The younger looks away and took his leave, not sparing another glance to the older. Taemin was left speechless, dumbfounded by Jongin’s words. Soon, tears left his eyes and he wipes it off by the back of his hand, gritting his teeth in pain when his heart settled in a disturbing regret and pain.

“Because you loved Kai not Jongin.”

“I loved you both. You just never noticed.”

~

Kyungsoo waits outside his flower shop, attention at the floor while he waits for Jongin. The younger asked him if they could spend their time together and proceeds with the final voice lessons. Last night, Kyungsoo was panicking when he agreed on the meeting and Jongdae almost threw him the tissue box when Kyungsoo was frantic on what to wear. Jongdae had managed to suit him up nicely, give him a tight smile and told him to sleep.

Kyungsoo doesn’t know why he is acting like this, but because when his heart throbs, telling him that this will be the last time, Kyungsoo wants to make it the best of it is going to be like that. He prepared some food for Jongin as a sign of gratitude for the younger, for his help and time. He feels really grateful for the younger who had been once a stranger, but now as friends. Kyungsoo smiled at the memory when he remembered the time when he first met Jongin. It was unpredictable, a coincidence, but nevertheless the start of a new beginning; a beginning where Kyungsoo would never have imagined of dreaming.

“Hyung!”

Kyungsoo turns his head to the side and found Jongin approaching him with a big smile. Kyungsoo smiles, but soon falters when he sees Jongin’s puffy and red eyes and his heart worry for the younger.

“Jo...ngin?” Kyungsoo utters his name, scratchy and hoarse, yet filled with worry and concern for the younger. Jongin blinks his eyes and graces Kyungsoo with a tight smile.

“What’s wrong, hyung? Why are you looking at me like that?” Jongin asks with a small laugh, but soon stops when he hears Kyungsoo speaks.

“Are you hurting?” the older male quietly asks and Jongin soon realized that he was crying when he felt his eyes sting in pain, the smooth tears one by one rolls down to his cheeks without him realizing until now. Kyungsoo looks at him in pain, saddened by the fact that Jongin is crying and he couldn’t do anything about it.

Gripping the clothed lunchbox, Kyungsoo brought his other hand up and gently wipes the tears away from Jongin’s face, comforting gaze sent for the younger to feeling than sympathy, “You’re hurting, aren’t you?”

Jongin smiles a bit, taking Kyungsoo’s small hand into his and gave a gentle squeeze while he closes his eyes and chuckles first before he speaks, “Yes. Yes, I am, hyung.”

~

They decided to stay at the dance studio, the owner giving them the day to occupy it and Kyungsoo was grateful for the owner. Residing at the studio at the moment, Kyungsoo watches Jongin curl up in the corner of the room, weakened and like a child. Kyungsoo felt heartbroken at the sight and he doesn’t know why, but he thinks that it is maybe, he grew attached to Jongin; the boy who made his life turned for a twist and gave him a new beginning or maybe, that he sees Jongin is like a child that is too weak, powerless and defeated.

Placing the lunchbox at the side, Kyungsoo approaches Jongin, gentle and concerned, and when he does, he crouches and placed a comforting hand on Jongin’s shoulder. The hushed sobs became pronounced and slowly, Kyungsoo picks up the pieces of Jongin’s tragic tale.

“He was a storm. A horrible storm that came to my life that turned me around and left me dizzy. He came back after he left and wants to turn my life around again. I don’t want that, hyung, yet I still let him come to my life. Because I’m the brave Kim Jongin, aren’t I? The brave Kim Jongin who won’t take any falls,” Jongin mutters out, flat and hoarse when he looks up to Kyungsoo with a broken gaze.

Kyungsoo slowly pries away Jongin’s arms together and slowly, he enveloped the younger in an embrace, patting his back and gave a gentle hum. Jongin’s eyes brimmed with tears again and gradually, he enclosed his arms with Kyungsoo’s frame and yielded to the warmth that the older is willing to give him. He buries his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder, crying his heart out with his eyes tightly shut and Kyungsoo pats his back more gently and comforting.

“But you’re not brave Jongin,” Kyungsoo starts in a whisper that caught Jongin’s attention and Kyungsoo smiles when he feels Jongin’s listening to him, “You couldn’t act a hero. You can’t be a hero. Because you’re not the brave Kim Jongin. You’re just Jongin. A normal Kim Jongin who is weak, child-like and boosting with utter confidence. You’re just Kim Jongin. So it’s okay to cry, to feel the pain, because you’re just a human. Not a hero.”

Jongin’s heart was filled with bountiful of warmth. The words he longed for since he was young. He never got anyone telling him that, instead they fed him his own lies and the Kim Jongin is no more, but merely a hero, Kim Jongin also known as Kai replaced. He wasn’t the human being Kim Jongin, but was Kai, the Kim Jongin who is a hero, but now, that he hears those words from the older; Jongin couldn’t help but feel being human again. Be the Kim Jongin he was back then.

“Hyung,” Jongin wails and Kyungsoo lets him cries his heart out. He doesn’t mind if Jongin soaks his shirt up, because it’s Jongin and it’s okay. Jongin cries for a few minutes before his sobs died down eventually, sniffles could be heard and Kyungsoo smiles.

“Hyung,” Jongin calls out again and the older hummed. Not letting go, Jongin tightened his embrace a bit and inclined towards the warmth of the older, snuggling a bit closer that caused Kyungsoo to blush a bit.

“Thank you,” the younger whispers before closing his eyes and the last remaining tears left his eyes, tranquility and ease settled in his heart and finally he could breathe. Kyungsoo smiles a bit and continues to hum, patting the younger’s back until Jongin finds rest.

~

“Taemin isn’t bad. He’s a sweetheart, really, but for the past month, he wasn’t the Taemin I know anymore. He left me alone without another notice, but merely gave me a ‘work’ excuse and never called me once, to look up if I’m okay nor tell me if he is okay. He didn’t come home and I was ready to accept that, to erase him, but then he came back. Just like that. I...I couldn’t bear to see him, hyung. I’m not yet ready to see him. Not after what he did to me. I couldn’t.”

“But...he’s still your boyfriend, Jongin. Your lover. He was the one with you when you went through hardship and bliss.”

“Yes, it may be so, but I think he has an affair, hyung. I called his workplace and they informed me that Taemin wasn’t really that busy, but always the same just like the previous years. Was it too much to think like that? When your boyfriend should be with you and be at home, but is out and you don’t even have a clue where he is staying? Is it that bad to think your boyfriend has an affair and deem it as something sick?”

Kyungsoo couldn’t respond to that. He couldn’t because it didn’t happen to him. His case was totally different from Jongin and he could barely keep up with his answers. Kyungsoo stayed silent for a bit to ponder what to answer, but no matter what he does, he couldn’t think of any possible answer. Groaning, Kyungsoo resigned to a quiet whisper of ‘yeah’. He watches Jongin smiles a bit, but soon falters when the younger sighed heavily.

“What does it feel like to fall in love? True love. You fell in love with Joonmyeon hyung, right?” Jongin changes the topic easily and Kyungsoo feels awed for a moment before Jongin’s words sunk down on his mind that he realized the topic was too sensitive. But seeing Jongin’s hopeful expression, Kyungsoo thought that it wouldn’t hurt if he would just limit his words.

“It feels breath-taking. You feel your heartbeat throbs at the sight and mention of your love. Your longing for the person grows everyday and you feel thrilled to look forward for each day. Is from what I experienced with Joonmyeon before,” Kyungsoo tells with ease and the older realize how much his heart doesn’t hurt much like before. He feels happy that he doesn’t feel the pain anymore, because the feeling of your first love leaves you gives a heavy impact of pain and Kyungsoo went through that. But finally, now, he doesn’t feel burdened about it, but is now more ease and comfortable.

Jongin blinks at Kyungsoo’s words and felt his heart enthralled by Kyungsoo. The way he spoke of his experience with beauty and confidence was just beautiful. Jongin could see the delight in Kyungsoo’s face when he spoke about love with sincerity, how his eyes sparked in happiness as he reminisced and how his lips curls into a small smile. It was beautiful.

“Jongin?”

“Huh?”

Jongin looks at him with confusion and the older male raised an eyebrow, but shrugged afterwards and stood up. Jongin watches the older picks up from the side of the room a clothed lunchbox and Kyungsoo takes his sit again in front of Jongin.

“What’s that, hyung?” Jongin asks curiously, eyes wandered with brooding curiosity and Kyungsoo chuckled at Jongin’s actions when he pictured the younger as a puppy eagerly waiting for his master to give him food.

“It’s kimchi spaghetti and bibimpap. I recalled that you wanted to try my cooking,” Kyungsoo trails off and scratches his nape awkwardly, a faint blush on his face as he continues, “so, I thought to make one for you.”

Kyungsoo wanted to bury himself underground because it is just so embarrassing just saying that and Jongin was lost for a moment before it finally dawned on him what Kyungsoo said. Jongin gaped at him when the younger opened the lunchbox and indeed, there is the kimchi spaghetti and bibimpap and Jongin could feel his mouth waters. Looking up at Kyungsoo, Jongin stared at him and Kyungsoo fidgets in his seat, biting his bottom lip and give the younger a weak glare.

“Yah! Just eat, will you!” Kyungsoo lowly yells and Jongin beams him a wide smile and Kyungsoo’s heart throb. Jongin feasted on the spaghetti and the younger hummed in satisfaction, loving the spaghetti as he feasted on it more. Stopping for awhile, Jongin slurped the pasta and flashes Kyungsoo a childish smile.

“Thanks, hyung!”

Kyungsoo grumbles at Jongin’s happiness (because awhile ago, he was crying and now he is beaming with happiness) puffed his right cheek for a moment while he takes the bibimpap and takes a bite. Jongin eyes widened at his action and Kyungsoo smirks as he takes another bite.

“Hyung! That’s mine!”

“Shut up, Jongin. I was the one who cooked it.”

After all, there is a rainbow after the storm, right?


A/N:And I finally updated. Really way off schedule. But, yeah.

So, Jongdae and Minseok is okay now :) Kris and Tao reconciled (as planned) Yixing almost died and is unconcious for a week and Suho is losing his sanity (not part of the plan, like really, but it popped up out of nowhere, soooo lot of revises at the upcoming chapters :/) Chanyeol acting weird and Baekhyun close to regaining his voice (he'll regain his voice soon enough plus memories) Jongin and Kyungsoo's small date (MY FAV part).

Am I missing something?

Oh, right. Sehun and Luhan.

There.

Luhan heard his voice, okay? Fair enough?

My (evil) treat. XD

Would love to hear your comments, though ^^

Take care~ <3