Chapter 22:Reflection

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 22: Reflection

A 'Hanhun' chapter...


Luhan taps his finger on his desk, eyes glazed with emotions as he thought of searching for Sehun. He was thinking how to find the younger in the area they are in and where he is going to begin with. He’s been a lot of failures before and he needs to start again looking for him in Seoul.

He tried in Busan, Incheon, Mokpo, Yangju, Ulsan, and Ansan. He sent some men to other cities and him and some of his men in Seoul.  He’ll try again here in Seoul and he’ll be sure to find Sehun as fast as he could because he knows he no longer have enough time to search for him.

Leaning his back on the leather swivel chair, he pinched the bridge of his nose as a memory fleeted in his mind.

“Luhan,” a young brunette called out to the older male. Luhan turns his head to his companion and hums.

“Yes, Sehun?” he replied as he watches the brunette bit his bottom lip as he was unsure of what to say. Sehun contemplates whether to tell him or not, but decided to ask to ease his worry, he asked.

“We will be together forever, right?” he asks in a whisper-like voice, tone dripping with doubt and nervous. His cheeks flushed with pink in embarrassment as he lowers his gaze on the dancing grass below him.

Luhan blinks as he processed the words in his mind. As he processed the word, he smiles at the younger. Hands reaching out to Sehun, he pulls the younger to him, enveloping him in an embrace as he buries his face on the younger’s hair.

Startled at the sudden action, Sehun squirms at his new position, his hand clutching on Luhan’s arm wrapped around his body. Cheeks reddening, he bit his lip as his heart races at Luhan’s sudden embrace to him.

Inhaling his vanilla scent, Luhan whispers that is so loud and clear for Sehun as his eyes widen.

“We will be together and forever and nothing will separate us, even death.”

Sighing as he looked at the ceiling, he wonders how Himchan and Yongguk is doing in their search. Pocketing out his phone, he calls Himchan.

Waiting for a few rings, the call was picked up with hoarse voice.

“Hello?”

“Himchan?” he asks unsurely who the person is.

“Yeah?” Himchan replies on the other line and Luhan sighs in relief.

“Were you sleeping?”

“Huh? Uh, yeah. Took a quick nap. What is it?” the older male asks through the phone and Luhan contemplates whether to ask him or not.

“How’s the search?” he asks wearily, already knows what Himchan is going to say. The other line was silent for a moment before responding in a whisper.

“No luck yet, Luhan. Seoul is like the largest city in the country, you know. I don’t know if we could find him here. How about you?” Himchan asks from the other line, his voice returning to its normal husky and deep voice pointing out that he’s fully awake.

Luhan sighs at the news that was delivered to him. Looking at the picture frame of him and Sehun, he stood up from his swivel chair and took his coat before responding to the older.

“Going to look for him right now.”

He ends the call as the door shuts, echoing the sound throughout the empty spacious room.

~*~
It’s his last day of vacation and Sehun decides to make his last day a peaceful one. After kicking Jongin outside his apartment, he slept for a few hours before doing the chores at home; basically he stayed at his house for the whole day.

And since he did that yesterday, he decided to go out of his apartment today and breathe some fresh air. Fixing his scarf around his neck, Sehun lowers his gaze to the ground, mind occupied with mixed thoughts.

Suho, Kyungsoo, Jongin, work, flowers, patients, Woohyun and especially Luhan; Sehun laughs dryly as to why he is even having a vacation to begin with when everyday his mind are occupied with thoughts that never seems to get out of him?

He walks around the park and looks at the small lake around the middle of the park. He walks over the rails of the lake that is surrounding it and rested his arms on the rails, watching the clear blue lake represent his reflection that showed how broken he was.

~*~
Luhan wasn’t sure where he was going, but his instinct and legs led him to the park. His hands were tucked on the pockets of his pants, tie loosed and one button ed revealing a portion of his neck. He leisurely walks around, mind occupied with Sehun alone as to where he could have been now and how is he doing.

With his mind being occupied, Luhan found out that he was deeper part of the park and recognized the lake at the center. He walked to the rails of the lake that was surrounding it and watches the clear blue lake reflect his reflection that showed how anxious he was.

~*~

Two beings on different sides of the lake, looking at their reflection with a pained smile; not knowing the presence of the other.

So close…

~*~

“Sehun, how are you?” Luhan whispers, voice dripping with longing and anxiousness as he watched his reflection through the clear blue lake.

Sehun watches the lake with pain yet with ease and somehow the lake was sending some message like someone-Luhan was asking how he is.

Bitterly smiling at the delusion, he played with the current flow and whispered back softly.

“I’m sad, Luhan. You aren’t by my side. Where are you?” He watches the clear water showing his reflection distorts by the tears that were flowing out of his eyes that he doesn’t realize until now.

He chuckles bitterly before wiping off his tears by the sleeve of his shirt before backing away and leaving the lake and going back to his house-maybe dropping by to the market to get some ice cream first.

~*~

Luhan closes his eyes as he let the breeze dance around him and whereas he hears Sehun’s reply to him wherein he sighs before opening his eyes again.

“I’m sorry, Sehun.” Luhan whispers back before lifting his head back, shifting his gaze in front of him and found a young rich-golden haired boy on the other side of the lake leaves, making him blink in surprise that there was someone within the area.

Was he already there when he entered the area? Or did he come after him? Luhan doesn’t know between the two and brushes it off as if it is nothing but the horrible feeling in his stomach proved otherwise as he stared at the retreating figure.

­yet so far…


A/N: It's short >.< Lol, yeah I know. The past three chapters including this are like filler chapters. Well, chanbaek is not...well, yeah. So expect 2 more then the drama ensues ^^

Share your thoughts?

Will be postponing the questions until the filler chapters are done!

Thanks and lots of love <3