Chapter 13: Visiting You

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 13: Visiting You

A 'Chanbaek' and 'Kaisoo' chapter...


 (Seoul University High- West Wing Hallway)

“Jongin...” Chanyeol whines at the younger, who simply rolls his eyes on him. They were at the rooftop. Recess had taken its toll and they took the liberty to spend their break in the rooftop to enjoy the fresh air and boredom. At the action, Chanyeol pouts and whines more.

“Jongiiinn~”

“What is it hyung?” Jongin replied with an irritated voice and the older just looks at him with a pout. Childishly crossing his legs on the floor and letting his fringe brush his delicate face, he gazes at Jongin.

“Do you think it’s possible to love again?” Chanyeol asks with curiosity lingering in his tone. Jongin, who was drinking his milkshake, almost chokes and quickly puts the milkshake on the floor before looking at the older with a flabbergasted look.

“Are you okay, Jongin?” The older asks him with worry and he just nodded. Coughing a bit and feeling his throat a bit scratchy and itchy, he responded.

“Yeah, I think so. For cases like yours, yes, it is possible to fall in love again unless you’re ready for it, though.” Jongin hoarsely responded and felt the urge to drink his milkshake to calm his itchy throat.

Puffing out his cheeks, Chanyeol takes it into thought and after a few spare seconds, he nodded his head.

 “Okay, thank you Jongin.” He replied in a monotonous voice that made the younger look at him worriedly while sipping his milkshake.

“Hey, Jongin.” Chanyeol calls out to him and he hummed as he looked at the blue sky.

“I’m hungry.”

A satchel was shoved on his face.

~*~

Kyungsoo takes a bite on his cake and a sweet smile formed on his lips at the delicate foam that he had tasted. Baekhyun smiles satisfyingly at the expression and answer he had gotten from Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo went to his café to take his break. Being him, once he caught sight of Kyungsoo, he pulled the younger to the nearest vacant seat and let him taste their latest cake in which the younger didn’t deny.

And as to now, he takes a bite on the cake and a wide grin paints his face making Kyungsoo chuckle. Kyungsoo pats his stomach and thumbs up to Baekhyun telling him that the food is delicious and great.

Baekhyun responded with a grin and taps the plate with a knife, telling Kyungsoo to eat more. Kyungsoo grins and nods his head and continues to eat with Baekhyun joining him. Both of them melt at the delicious taste of the cake together.

~*~

Jongin softly taps his pen on the book as he boredly waits for the time to take away the annoying lectures he is hearing from Mr. Jung, who kept on telling about Calculus there and that. He buries his head on this book and looks at Chanyeol who has his full attention to Mr. Jung.

Jongin groans at his friend’s stupidity to listen to Mr. Jung’s lesson. He knows that Chanyeol and he already mastered Calculus when they were a freshman in college. They are at their senior year in college and they’re still taking up Calculus?

Jongin wants to bury himself in the hole forever because the lectures are wasting up his time.  He looks at the clock with a pleading look and begs the hands to move faster.

10:58 am

Watching the clock for like hours, the bell rang signalling the last class of the day.

He pushed his head up and a satisfying grin appears on his face as Mr. Jung collected his stuffs and left the room. Chanyeol appears behind him and tiredly yawns.

“You jerk. You didn’t even listen to Mr. Jung’s announcement of his last assignment for us.” Chanyeol tiredly reports to Jongin who just shot him a goofy grin.

“Don’t care about Calculus anymore. It’s a piece of cake, anyways. I’m just glad that classes are over!” Jongin excitedly claps his hands making Chanyeol give him a weird look.

“Whatever Kim I’m-so-smart- Jongin, just be ready to pass the report of what you have learned about Calculus the day after tomorrow.” Chanyeol scoffs at him before smirking

Jongin’s eyes widen in shock. A report of all the lessons that you have learned in Calculus and the deadline is the day after tomorrow?

‘FML.’

Jongin bangs his head on his book and mutters different profanities and curses to Mr. Jung and Calculus.

~*~

Baekhyun goes to the kitchen and watches the chefs moves from there to there and watches the waiters and waitresses picks up the food at the Serving Area. A cold feeling brushes his cheek and suddenly he jumped in shock.

“Sorry, Baekhyun.” Sungyeol nervously chuckled and the latter just breathed in relief and playfully slapped the older’s arm.

“Haha, I said I was sorry!” Sungyeol interjects as he placed the cold latte on Baekhyun’s cheek again making the younger slap him again on the arm playfully.

Chuckling, he handed the latte to Baekhyun who grumpily took it from his hand.

“It’ll help you calm your nerves and makes you feel the sweetness as you play the piano later.” Sungyeol chided to him playfully and he nods his head. He sips the latte and his eyes sparkled at the sweet yet bitter taste. He gives Sungyeol a satisfied smile indicating that the latte tasted delicious.

Sungyeol breathed out a sigh of relief.

“Good. I thought it was going to taste bad.” Sungyeol mutters and left to attend to the lattes he was making.

Baekhyun smiles and enjoys his time drinking the latte without hurrying that much and thought of asking for another one.

Whilst Kyungsoo waters the flowers outside of his shop, the flowers are still in bud but they’ll soon bloom if they are given the proper care, love and nutrients, as Kyungsoo have thought.

People who passes by him, greets him and he bows back as a response. The people who have greeted him must have known him to greet him like that, he thought.

Shaking his head with a smile on his face, Kyungsoo continues to water the plants and flowers outside when a shadow caught his attention. He looks up at his side and saw a familiar person.

‘Chairman…’

~*~

After treating Chanyeol for lunch an hour ago and after getting Chanyeol and him a milkshake, Jongin accompanies Chanyeol for the time being as they head to the bus stop.

While walking, Jongin saw a familiar girl walking to the opposite road of theirs and immediately he recognizes the girl.

‘She’s still the same. Attractive and beautiful and easily captures anyone’s attention even without trying.’

Jongin looks at Chanyeol whose aura turned cold, his eyes fixed at the road ahead, sipping his milkshake in distraction and adding up to his act of not noticing.

Jongin turns back his attention to the girl who immediately disappeared from his sight. He looks ahead, but he didn’t recognize any navy blue haired girl up ahead the opposite road.

Thinking that it may be his imagination, Chanyeol bangs him that its not.

“She’s there awhile ago.” He muttered softly, surprising Jongin at his sudden acknowledgment of the girl. Jongin looked at him quizzically. He was about to ask if he was okay when Chanyeol cuts him off again.

“I’m fine Jongin. Don’t worry.” He reassures the younger that he is okay. Huffing out and nodding his head, he didn’t press further.

They stopped at the bus stop and bid farewell before separating ways.

~*~

 “Hyung, where should this Rosemary be placed? At the fifth level or the third?”

The words on the white board said to which was Sehun wants to ask as he carries the Rosemary to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo left the cashier and went near Sehun and the Rosemary. He eyed the flower before mouthing a ‘Fifth’. Sehun lips read and nodded his head. He left and went to put the flower to the fifth section inside.

Kyungsoo went back to the cashier and the image of the flower flicked in his mind.

‘Rosemary huh? The flower that meant Remembrance...weird...why do I feel someone is coming and I need to remember that someone?’ Kyungsoo thought to himself and the chimes of the bell echoes in his ears. He quickly turned his head to the door of his shop and saw a familiar person come in.

“Hi Kyungsoo hyung!” The young man beamed. Kyungsoo’s face turned into confusion and questions clouds his mind.

‘Who is this again?’

Kyungsoo thought as he tried to remember the person in front of him. Then suddenly a certain memory cracked in his mind.

“Err....I’m sorry for bumping into you...I wasn’t looking on my way...” Kai uttered, scratching his nape nervously and shyly. Kyungsoo nodded his head and sign language him. – It's okay. You don’t need to apologize’

The good thing is Kai learned how to sign language and what they meant. He understood and gave out a smile.

Kyungsoo felt his heart skip a beat and his cheeks flustered once again into pink.

“Annyeong, I’m Kim Jongin.” Kai uttered with a smile, not forgetting his heart is beating fast for no reason. Kyungsoo nodded his head and mouthed his name.

‘Do Kyungsoo.’

Kyungsoo said with a smile that made Kai’s heart skip a bit. He wasn’t expecting the boy’s smile was beautiful and he could feel his cheeks warm up.

Kyungsoo eyes widen as he remembered. He looks at the young tanned man in front of him and thought to himself.

‘Ah, I remember...he’s the guy who bumped into me...’ Kyungsoo nodded his head before smiling to the young man in front of him. He takes out a small white board below and jotted down.

Once, finally done, he lifted the white board and showed it to Jongin. The young man approached him and read what is written in the board.

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you again, Jongin.”

After reading it, he looks at Kyungsoo and caught sight of Kyungsoo’s bright smile to him. Kai’s lips formed into a smile and his heart beats irregularly.

“Hey, hyung...it’s nice to see you again.”

~*~

Jongin watches Kyungsoo hands over the bouquet of flowers to the customer. She smiled at him and left the shop after paying. Jongin looks at Kyungsoo at the same time Kyungsoo looks at him and both locked eyes.

Kyungsoo looks away with a blush on his cheeks and Jongin looks away and fakely coughs.

“Err, so this is your shop, right hyung?” Jongin asks to avoid the stiff silence that he hated the most. He decided to know a bit more of the older bit by bit. Kyungsoo nods his head and smiles at him.

“So how long have you been running this up, hyung?” He asks again as he looked around the shop. He noticed that everything is polished and new so he thought that its maybe around 5 to 10 months only.

Kyungsoo raises his hand and lifted 2 fingers and Jongin nodded.

“Months?”

Kyungsoo shakes his head making Jongin’s jaw slacken.

“No way…2 years hyung?!”

Kyungsoo claps his hands and nods his head before smiling when Sehun emerged from the kitchen, holding three tea cups.

 ~*~

Chanyeol walks to the familiar road he had gone through the previous night. It’s 2 in the afternoon and he decides it’s better to watch the person much longer than the previous night and would be better if he mingle with the crowd than being like a creepy stalker, which he is not.

He stops in front of the café and saw through the transparent window the piano and the empty seat. Thinking that maybe the person isn’t going to perform yet, Chanyeol smiles lifts up a bit as he entered the shop. At least he would hear the music fully this time and not only half like last time.

As he entered the café, numerous waiter and waitress greets him even half the waiter and waitress who had orders on their hands or those who had passed by in front of him.

He couldn’t help but smile at the warm greeting and took a seat on a vacant dine and a waitress came up to him. She handed him a menu and Chanyeol smiled at her before looking at the menu.

His eyes took in the dishes and plates, pastries and drinks before handing it back to her.

“One milk tea frappe and a slice of double chocolate roll.” He smiled at the waitress and the latter blushed before nodding his head and left to get his order.

Chanyeol puffed out his cheeks, clasping his hands together; he surveys the area. The café is decorated in simple arts and designs. The ceilings and wall were painted with light brown decorated with frames and plants hanged from the ceiling.

In the side of each wall, there is a long ranch of flowers growing out of it, a piano on a stage in the middle of the café and a exquisite looking chandelier hanging from above.  Chanyeol notices that there is symbol of the café in every wall, a big on also on the windows and the door also.

A butterfly inside of a circle with swirls below it and several notes above the butterfly and the name of the shop on the side plastered on the areas that shows a beautiful intricate symbol of the shop.

And the feeling he obtains from the shop is the ting he can’t quite point out. His surveys stops when his food arrived, a different waitress this time served his food.

As she was serving his food, Chanyeol looks at the empty seat on the stage. He looks worriedly at it before asking the girl.

“Um, excuse me?” He asks in a whisper. She looked at him before smiling.

“Yes? What is it that I may in be your service, young prince?” She politely asks after she serves the food.  He shyly grins and ignores the prince part before asking.

“Um, before I ask you the real question, what is your name?” Chanyeol awkwardly scratches his nape and the waitress chuckled in response.

“Young prince, thy servant’s name is Ailee.” Ailee responded with a soft like tone kindled with a calm voice.

“Ah, thank you Ailee. May I know why the seat is empty on the stage?” Chanyeol asks curiously as to why the seat is still empty. Ailee looks at the stage before looking at him, she chuckles first before apologizing.

“I’m sorry young prince for my misbehaviour. The seat will soon be occupied by our master. He’ll play the piano in a few minutes now.” Ailee responded, her eyes forming into crescent as she smiles.

“Is my answer satisfied your desire question, young prince?”

Chanyeol puffed his cheeks before sweetly smiling at her.

“Yes! Thank you very much Ailee.” He thanked her and the latter left him to attend the other’s orders.

~*~

It’s not shocking to see Sehun working for Kyungsoo, well maybe a little, Jongin admits. He didn’t know about Sehun’s second work much but only knew that he works on a flower shop and that he has a boss named ‘Kyung’. When Sehun emerged after he greeted Kyungsoo, and after seeing Sehun bowing to Kyungsoo, Jongin knew that there was no boss named ‘Kyung’ but only a man named Kyungsoo.

So it’s really not shocking for him to know that Sehun’s boss is Kyungsoo.

Drinking the last drops of tea, Jongin placed the tea on the saucer and eyed Sehun who only returned to him a sheepish smile before the younger excused himself.

Returning his attention back to Kyungsoo, he found Kyungsoo asking him a question. Kyungsoo pointed at him then to his cousin and clasped his hand before drawing a question mark on the air.

Chuckling a bit at Kyungsoo’s cute sign language to him, Jongin replied.

“We’re cousins, Kyungsoo hyung. Sehun here didn’t tell anything about him except for his parents and where he lived, right?”

Kyungsoo nodded his head and Jongin huffed out at his cousin’s secluded life. He looks briefly at his watch and his eyes widen at the time. He only got 10 minutes left before his class starts! Abruptly standing up, Jongin picks up his satchel from the counter.

Kyungsoo gave him a quizzical look and Jongin eased his confusion.

“I’m teaching a class at 3 pm hyung. And I’ve got like 10 minutes left.” Jongin quickly said than he expected that it would come out. Kyungsoo caught all of his words and nodded his head.

He mouthed a ‘sorry’ and Jongin shakes his head.

“No need to be sorry hyung. You didn’t do anything. I just wanted to spend my free time with you.” Jongin uttered, not knowing what he said made Kyungsoo blush furiously.

“Thank you for your time, hyung. I’ll be coming back tomorrow! Later!” Jongin bids farewell and was about to leave when Kyungsoo grabs his arm making him halt. Kyungsoo mouthed a ‘minute’ to Jongin before opening his drawer.

He rummages inside before finding a deck. His eyes glimmered as he opened the lid, and takes out the deck. Swiping each card, he stops at the 17th card and places it down on the counter before swiping again. He stopped at the 21st card and puts it on the counter and arranged the deck before placing it back to the container.

He reaches for Jongin’s satchel and placed the cards inside before giving it back to Jongin. Jongin gives him a confused and questioning look and Kyungsoo just smiled at him and gestured him to go before pointing out to watch.

At the point of his watch, Jongin gasps and immediately leaves the shop making Kyungsoo chuckle a bit and Sehun emerged from outside.

He gave a teasing smile to Kyungsoo who playfully glared at him. Softly smiling, he went in to the kitchen to get more tea for them.

Kyungsoo sighs and a warm feeling fills his heart as he went back to his work.

~*~

He takes his fork and buries the steel on the cake in a few inches before burying it deeper until the sliced part fell on the plate. He forks the sliced soft foam like bread and takes a bite. His eyes immediately sparked in delight at the taste and take another slice.

As he took another bite, he takes the time to appreciate the taste of the cake. Whilst he is doing this, Baekhyun emerged from the kitchen after he finished his latte and took the vacant seat on the stage. Glances and murmurs spread in the café as some partially gave their attention to him and others giving their full attention to him.

He opens the lid and stretched his hands, snapping sounds could be heard as he stretches and warmed up his hands.

Pressing the G-key by his right hand, Baekhyun plays the piano. As the soft melody started, Chanyeol immediately snapped his head to the stage, eyes recognizing the person immediately from the back.

His lips smiles involuntarily as he watches the person play the piano. He mentally praised himself for choosing a perfect dine table to watch the pianist. He takes a slice and take small bite and he cooed in delight at the sweet taste his tongue had tasted and the sweet music that his ears had heard.

Chanyeol watches him with awe and his heart swelled with warm affection for the pianist. As the song almost comes to an end, Chanyeol finishes up his food before leaving the café not after leaving his payment on the basket on the middle of the table.

He left the café with a full heart and stomach and a satisfying smile on his lips as he have watched the pianist play again. His mind was troubling him, dreaming about the pianist playing and he found himself going to the café.

Baekhyun finishes his play and a satisfying smile painted his face as he heard numerous claps and cheers he hears and from the sight as he sees the people with a smile plastered on their face. Sungyeol comes up on the stage and he nodded his head.

He gave the seat to Sungyeol and let the latter play the piano next. He went to the counter and surveys his café. While surveying, his eyes caught Ailee with a basket in her possession and the young former stops to greet him.

“Hello Young Master.” Ailee bows and he smiles. He eyed the basket  that contained a lot of money and she smiles.

“The young prince gave too much money for his order.” Ailee responded to his questioning look and she pointed at the now vacant table. He looks at the table and nodded his head. He gestures her to continue and she nods her head and bowed before taking her leave.

Baekhyun wonder who the person who gave too much money. He makes a mental note to give back the money when the person comes back to his café or whenever he will be back.

~*~

“When you’re thinking of someone...it’s better to visit him rather than go crazy.”

~*~


A/N: Hello *greets happily* double update? Yep~ double update for you guys! I just thought that you guys deserve it with much credit :)

I won’t be asking a question since you have one for the previous chapter. Every second update won’t be having a question or so.

So this chapter contains Kaisoo and Chanbaek…so what do you guys think about the chapter? Share your thoughts to me, please?

Thank you and Lots of Love <3