Chapter 11: First Glance

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 11: First Glance

A 'Taoris' chapter...


Sun shining it rays around the whole busy city of Seoul. Winds searching for its other half while the flock of birds fly together soars the blue sky.

In one particular dark room, a figure sat up on his bed rubbing his eyes with his hand. After rubbing his sleepy eyes, he slowly opened it and the lampshade. He took his clock and looked at the time.

6:55 am

He put back the clock and turned off the lampshade and stood up, didn’t bother to do his morning routine because he knows he’s late for breakfast. He opened the door of his room allowing some light to enter his dark eerie room that focused on one particular picture frame of him and his best friend and slowly shut it.

Darkness once consumed the room.

~*~

Bristle of curtains ruffled the applause of the pages of the book, the warm and soft light glistens the room, lighting up the room a little. Tao puts on his shirt and went to open up the sliding transparent door letting the warm light warm up the cold room of his.

He went to the kitchen and takes the burning kettle and turns off the tank. Pouring the hot water into the mug as the milky hot choco surface, Tao puts the kettle in the side as the milk choco surface on the right line.

Fingers’ delicately holding the mug, Tao takes a brief walk to the balcony. Eyes glazed with warm affection to his surroundings.  His eyes took in the wonderful garden and he makes a mental note to thank the landlord for getting him a place where he could have a beautiful sight before the balcony.

He takes sip on his milk choco and smells the breeze of spring with a smile of satisfaction.

~*~

After an argument with Minho, Mr. Wu instructed him to leave the house immediately and go to the company to fetch the files in which he denied immediately. Telling his father a lie that he has an appointment, Kris makes an abrupt journey to his room and takes a shower before putting on some casual clothes, not forgetting his phone and wallet; Kris leaves the house ignoring the calls from his father.

Getting in his car, Kris drives away.

~*~

Kris drops his car off at Luhan’s hotel for awhile before going in the hotel to meet up with Luhan. Going to the elevator, Kris presses the up button. As he looks at his watch, a loud ‘ding’ could be heard. He looks up and watches the elevator doors open; he went inside, presses the 15th floor and takes a few steps back before taking out his phone.

Meanwhile, as Kris went inside the elevator going up, the elevator on the other side opens and Tao comes out and passes by the elevator that Kris went in.

Looking up from his phone, Kris looks at the elevator door closes into shut , missing a raven haired boy as he messaged back Chanyeol telling him, he’ll pick him up later for lunch.

Tao, on his casual clothes, had just finished talking to Luhan and thought of taking two coffees for them before going back to talk to him about the finances of the hotel.

~*~

Thanking the lady for the coffees, Tao exits the coffee shop and goes back to the hotel after a few blocks.

Looking at his watch, Tao watches his hand tick to 11 whilst Kris leaves the hotel passing by Tao as Tao goes up the stairs and went in the hotel to resume their talking while having coffee from outside even though they have inside and that Luhan could just order someone, Luhan took the initiative to order Tao to get them some coffee, purposely letting him miss or see Kris on the way.

~*~

After sending his brother a message, Kris looks at the vacant chair in front of him. Chanyeol left him alone dumbfounded and with lingering thoughts. He thinks about what he said and scolded himself about the answer he responded to Chanyeol.

He knew that Chanyeol is the person who takes everything serious and deals with it importantly. He knew he should have answered it truthfully, because he knew the answers to those questions. Indeed, that a person could be in love at first sight and in other way the person could pull you in and make you captivated even without trying or even without him knowing.

He knew he should have answered those, but he couldn’t. He couldn’t say that all of those he asked to him affected him that it all happened to him. Him being in love with his best friend at first sight, that he pulled him without even trying or without him noticing. He couldn’t tell those to him.

He’s afraid; afraid that their friendship that they created would be destroyed by that simple confession. He couldn’t handle that and he wouldn’t know what to do anymore.

Sighing in distress, Kris finishes his cappuccino before he shifted his gaze through the transparent large window.

His eyes watches the people and cars passes by when he noticed a familiar figure passes by. Abruptly standing up, he left the café. Looking at both sides, his eyes caught the long navy blue hair. Kris sets off to chase the girl.

~*~

“Tao…” Mr. Huang trailed off as he looked at his son who was looking at him with a bored look. He shakes his head and continues.

“Tao, can’t you rethink your decision? You’re our only son and you are the only one who is able to handle the company. Can’t you just agree and say yes?” Mr. Huang pleaded to his son. He was growing old now and he needs someone to handle the company. It’s not like he trusts the president of the company, but he thinks that his son deserve the position more than the president.

Tao sighs and crosses his leg. Shaking his head, he mouthed an ‘I’m sorry, but no.’

Mr. Huang lets out an exasperated sigh and grumbled under his breath. Looking at his son with a distressed gaze, Mr. Huang huffed out.

“Tao, plea-“ Mr. Huang stopped as Tao stood up with a pissed off look.  Tao shaked his head and gestured the door.

His action held the finality that he doesn’t want to hear about it anymore and that he needs to leave. His father looked at him with disappointment before shaking his head. Standing up, Mr. Huang bowed before leaving the office.

As the door shuts, Tao sighs in relief as his eyes waver and tears welled in his eyes. Wiping off the tears from his eyes, Tao took his jacket and left the office with a heavy heart.

~*~

Kris was hurrying down the road to catch up with a familiar person he knew. While he was running down the road, he passes by someone. His eyes took a glance to the person and Kris felt a tingling feeling in his chest.

He stops and looks behind him. His eyes following the raven man, he narrows his eyes on him.

‘Where have I seen him?’

He looks down on the pavement for awhile to think about it but he couldn’t remember anything about the guy. Shaking his head in dismay, Kris turns his back and runs again to find the person he was chasing awhile ago.

~*~

Tao walks down the road with a heavy heart. His father had just visited him and it ended pretty badly. Talking with his father is one of the things that he despised more than anything and Tao thinks why his father had to visit him if he knew that he will only reject the offer.

Sighing dejectedly, his phone rang. Halting for a minute, Tao takes the liberty to check his phone.

From: Bambi

Panda~ are you okay? I’m sorry if I couldn’t do anything regarding about your father. He’s one of the shareholders of this hotel and I couldn’t do anything. I’m sorry for not doing anything to help you.

Lips smiling softly, Tao replies.

To: Bambi

It’s okay Luhan. Don’t worry about me. I can handle myself pretty much. I understand your position and I always know that my father is one of your shareholders and I also know that you couldn’t do anything to help me. And if you did do something, things will end up the same anyways.

Thank you for asking, by the way.

Let’s meet up? I need some good ice cream, right now or bubble tea would be good for you?

Tucking back his phone in his pocket, Tao starts to walk again. As he takes his walk again, he passes by a tall man when his phone rang.

Taking out his phone, he checked the message.

From: Bambi

Okay. If that’s what you think.

Let’s meet up at Sweet Angel’s Café. Chen’s sweet delights are great! You’ve been with Minseokkie a lot and you already knew all of the taste there, so I’ll treat you in Chen’s café instead. Sounds good?

Thank you Tao.

Smiling softly at Luhan’s message, Tao replied.

To: Bambi

It’s nothing, Luhan. Okay, I’ll see you at Chen’s café in 10 minutes.

Pressing the ‘send’, Tao tucks away his phone and left to meet up with Luhan not noticing that someone was looking at him awhile ago.


A/N: Hi~ *cheerily greets* So here's Taoris. Kris kept passing by tao for a few times but at the end he took his first glance on him, but seeing that he seems to know him, guess that Kris knows him? Or does he? Anyways, I'll leave that up to you!!

Question: It's been a year since EXO's comeback and we have celebrated the anniversary with delight and satisfied heart, do you think it is worth to be an Exotic or not? If yes, please state why.

Anyways, thank you for reading and Los of Love! <3