Chapter 26: Busy Cloud

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 26: Busy Cloud


“Hey, ChanChan, what do you want to be in the future?” A young boy asks to the younger boy beside him. Chanyeol rolls on the grass for awhile before stopping a bit, his back rested on the soft grass, his eyes meeting up the familiar blue sky.

“I don’t actually know, but what about you, hyung?” the young boy asks back, eyes twinkling in curiosity. The older lets out a soft chuckle, laying beside the young Chanyeol and closing his eyes, putting his arms behind his head and letting out a breathe of sigh.

“I want to be a pianist, someday.”


[Chanyeol’s Point of View]

After officially meeting the young pianist that I’ve been eyeing for awhile, turns out to be the owner of the café-which I’m not completely shocked about it. From the first time, I heard Ailee addressing the pianist; I knew already that he is the owner of the café. It’s not hard to believe a fact where a young person could own a café. Nope. Not at all.

Days passed by and I would visit Baekhyun hyung’s café after school hours. Jongin and I would leave the school together but would separate ways at the sidewalk already. Jongin’s been weird for some times, sometimes dazed, giggling in the air as if he’s like love-stricken, but I think it’s probably Taemin.

But at the thought of Taemin, Kris updated me that Taemin is like 18 hours with the Wu’s, discussing about the contract of the company and the birthday party of Minho which is by the way a few days from now and Kris has likely invited all of us. And because of that, it’s impossible for Jongin to meet Taemin, so I’m taking my hunch that Jongin’s seeing someone.

I’ll deal with him later.

Back to the topic in hand, I would often visit the café and claim the corner dine beside the window which is by the way, is mine. (Yes, I claimed it as mine, problem?) I would listen to Baekhyun hyung’s soothing play on the piano and sometimes I would listen to other’s playing, but truth to be told, I like Baekhyun’s plays better.

I met up with Sungyeol hyung a few days ago, puzzlement crossing my features while his mirroring mine. Baekhyun’s reaction to our meeting was a question likes ‘Do you know him?’ and I’ve told him that, yes, I know him. Sungyeol decides to join us, completely forgetting about his job which I don’t mind at all, less explaining from me because when the time Sungyeol hyung decides to join, he was already explaining our relationship.

While I block his explanation, I would drown myself in the soft play of the music emitting from the piano and would take pause sips in my tea. When Sungyeol is like-done explaining our relationship which took approximately 2 minutes, I shifted my attention back to them. Baekhyun hyung’s reaction was blank, taking the note of it that he is processing the information that was told to him.

His eyes met mine and I could already see the questions that are huddled in his eyes but for a moment only because a flash of recognition and understanding settled in both of his brown hue eyes. I smiled and nodded my head, taking another sip on my tea.

Sungyeol would ask me questions, asking me about my life and stuffs and also asking about my brother. I would tell him that my life is still the same and that Myungsoo misses him (I’ll take some credits from him later on) and such. Sungyeol blushed at my answer-of course regarding about Myungsoo missing him.

After a short chat, Sungyeol left the two of us- well no, not really, because Ailee came and pulled his ear, making him stand up and yelp in pain, dragging him back to the kitchen probably scolding him and telling him to continue his work. I was amused to be precise, Baekhyun hyung, the owner of the café is like in the same table with us and Ailee is like only a waitress but had an authority radiating out of her. I never thought that she was this serious about work and a bit intimidating.

Baekhyun hyung just watched Ailee dragged Sungyeol hyung by the ear and he quietly chuckled afterwards. I smiled at his reaction to the scene and take another sip on the tea.

He learned a few things about me, my relationship with Sungyeol hyung and probably my brother. He also learned that I major in arts and music and my brother and I having a band. His reaction was slightly surprised but at the same time excited and proud. I was amused at his reaction and wholeheartedly thanked him when he said ‘good luck in your band!’ through the paper.

It was simple yet very encouraging especially when it comes from him. I don’t like him or anything but I’m slightly getting fond of him or to be simple; I’m slightly getting attached to him. Fond is like having a lot of meanings while attachment doesn’t have a lot. And when I found out that I’m having this slight attachment to the older, I knew Jongin’s first few months sickness is rubbing off me.

And again, I’ll deal with him later.

That was a few days ago when I met Sungyeol hyung, now, I’m currently taking a bite on the cheesecake and a green tea smoothie not too far away from the cake plate. Baekhyun hyung was with me awhile ago but left for awhile to gather some things in his office, while I wait in my seat and let myself drown in Pachelbel’s Canon in D played by Sungyeol hyung.

I’ve gotten to know that he works as the barista of the kitchen with his fellow barista Juniel.  I learned that Juniel is on hot coffees while Sungyeol hyung is trying on the cold section of coffee, experimenting different types of coffees and such and that he plays the piano sometimes in the month, more like 7 times in a month.

Feeling the tempo shifts, the music is in the middle already. Enjoying the music, I shifted my gaze momentarily outside of the clean transparent glass and my body froze. I couldn’t believe what I’m seeing. The person on the other side of the road, I-what is she doing here? I thought she was at France for good?

My heart races meeting up with my adrenaline on the rush. I was about to stand up when my action is held back when in the corner of my eyes I spotted Baekhyun hyung coming out from his office. Relaxing my tensed body, I took a sip on the cold smoothie, feeling the sweetness of the green tea smoothie caress my tongue, throat and chest.

I eased myself and smiled at Baekhyun when he settled back at his seat. He mouthed a sorry and I smiled briefly.

“It’s okay, hyung.” My voice seems to fall into a whisper, my throat slightly constricting. He seems to hear my whisper because he smiled and I felt my heart race-not the one earlier but because of his smile. my lips, I took notice of the things that he carried. I noticed it is some bunch of papers with sentences, signs and numbers that makes my mind slightly light.

No wonder Myungsoo hyung is always tired when he gets home from work. Paper works are like hell and good thing I didn’t take Business in my course. Oh gosh, thinking about it already makes my head dizzy.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I find him writing on the papers, busy reading and writing on it, not noticing that I’m staring at him. I watch him rest his head on his palm; elbow perched on the table, cradling the head with carefulness. I find his busy self a bit cute, his face contorting into different expression because of the hell papers (take note of my nickname for the paper works).

Our conversation already ended awhile ago when he left to get the hell papers from his office. He asked (coming from the paper of course) me if he could get his work done in the table together with me while I slowly eat my two sliced cheesecakes. Of course, I just nodded and let him be.

Our conversation isn’t plain but it’s not that exciting either. It was a normal chat. Asking me how school is and such and me asking back how his day is and like that. Every day’s conversation is new, not always the same and every day is where something randomly happens or it’s just really bound to happen like awhile ago.

Setting aside the thought of the person that I just saw awhile ago, I focused my attention toward Baekhyun’s busied self, taking another bite on the cheesecake as I watch him do his work.

[End of Point of View]

~*~

Newly delivered flowers arrives at Kyungsoo’s shop, Kyungsoo pays the men while Sehun carries the flowers inside. After paying, the men left and Kyungsoo bowed and waved his hand to them in goodbye and went inside his shop.

Sehun carries some Bellflower pots and put it in the Division A Garden. A smile curved on Kyungsoo’s lips at his hard-working employee. He took some Mayflower pots and put it on the Division D Garden where its temperature is different on the Division A.

Kyungsoo comes out of Garden D too quickly and took the other pots of flowers to Division C since there are many of them. Sehun comes out of Division A and looks around for some more pots of flowers.

His eyes spotted the remaining 2 flower pots and smiles. He approaches the flowers and took the pots in his arms. He walks his way to Division A again to put the pots on the garden. As he walks his way, he looks at the flower.

‘Isn’t these…General Poppy?’

Sehun thought to himself before nodding. He puts the pots beside the other Poppy and left the area. He opened the door and finds Kyungsoo making tea. Sehun smiles at the smell of the tea and quickly hurries his steps.

Kyungsoo chuckles soundlessly and gently moved the tea cup to Sehun’s direction and wrote on the white board. Sehun cheekily grinned as he got a hold of the tea and smells it first before he takes a slow drink on his hot tea.

Kyungsoo finished writing on his board and showed Sehun what he wrote. The younger glanced at him before looking at the board.

After you drink your tea, you may go early. I will close the shop after an hour. I have something to do later, so I’ll close the shop early than usual.

Sehun drank his tea in one go, swallowed it before nodding his head in confirmation. He went his way to the changing room to get his bag.

Kyungsoo opens one of the drawers and takes out a long brown envelope. A name 'Oh Sehun' is inscripted on it. He stares at the envelope for awhile and heard footsteps coming from the changing room. He looks to the door and finds Sehun carrying his satchel.

He motions for the younger to come for awhile and the younger oblige. Motioning to have his bag, Sehun gave the bag to the latter. Sehun wonders why he has a brown envelope in his hands and watches Kyungsoo opens his satchel and puts the brown envelope inside and closes the satchel back. Sehun couldn’t do anything but watch his boss put the brown envelope in his satchel.

Giving the satchel back to him, Kyungsoo gestured him to leave and smiles. Sehun nods his head a little, confusion lingering in his mind, and bows before leaving the shop.

Because of his early leave, Sehun takes a walk around the area he is in. He passes by some shops and nods his head at the variety of food each shop has. Suddenly he remembers about Jongin, taking his phone out of his pocket, he types a message telling Jongin that Kyungsoo is going to leave early when he remembered that his cousin went to Busan to get some materials from one of the shop that they always visit back then.

Sighing in relief, he places back his phone in the pocket, then, he remembered about the brown envelope, Kyungsoo gave him. He stops his tracks and took out the brown envelope from his satchel.

He takes a good look on the envelope and there, his name is inscripted on the front of the envelope. He opens the envelope and took out the contents inside; his eyes widen in surprise from what he saw.

In front of his eyes, he saw a lot of money inside the envelope. He quivers and notices a small paper in between the money. He took it and read what is written.

It’s Pay Day today!

Sehun blinks. Was it Pay Day today? He doesn’t remember when the Pay Day is every month. He shakes his head and tried not to think about it anymore and smiles. Suddenly, he remembers that there is no food left at his refrigerator in his apartment thanks to a certain cousin of his.

Quickly, he went his way to the market to buy foods.

~*~

After finishing off his paper works and works for the hotel a few days ago, Luhan takes the day to be early in Jongdae’s café and work his off until the end of his shift. Jongdae doesn’t seem to mind, letting him do his ‘hard work’ instead of shooing him away because Luhan doesn’t normally do this kind of thing. Considering by the fact that he took Tao out in Jongdae’ café last three days ago for a treat and because of what happened back then, he ordered like half of the menu and he earned a glare from Yin.

The oldest of the three glowered at Luhan because of the numerous orders that Luhan made and Yin was just worrying about the kitchen staffs because they are already bombarded with lot of lists of orders and adding Luhan’s orders is just really hectic for the kitchen staffs. After a last death glare from Yin, the male left to put Luhan’s orders on the counter.

Luhan brushed it off, not really caring about Yin’s death glare and just focused on Tao’s welfare. Of course they waited for like an hour before their orders come up, Yin also being he one to serve their food. The day passed by okay, Luhan dragging Tao to a cinema afterwards.

Going back to the present, Luhan ended his shift with a sigh of content because he had done a good job and mainly because pay day is like only after a few days. After changing his clothes, he bid goodbye to Jongdae and his fellow co-workers before leaving the café. He sighs and stretches his back and arms.

“Ah, finally! Good thing I have shifts.” Luhan cheekily smiled and skipped his way down the road. He passes by some restaurants, stores and cafes and his eyes would light in delight at the variety of foods that is in the menu of each cafes and restaurants.

Then he remembered Tao telling him to buy some foods for him. Luhan puffs his cheek but happily skips his way to the market, thinking of the variety of ingredients that he could buy and make for dinner later.

~*~

The chimes of the bell echoed around the area and Luhan enters the market with a grin. He briefly smells the air and walks his way to the cart and took one. After taking a small cart, he walks first to the vegetable section to get some lettuce, parsley and others.

Sehun takes a look at the fruits and wonders what he’ll pick. Then he saw a strawberry and blueberry on the left side of the mangoes. He blinks then he smiles. He approaches the strawberry and blueberry and takes a one plastic bag for each.

He remembers that Luhan likes strawberry and that he likes blueberry and that if they mixed it together it becomes Blue Straw Berry, a combination of Strawberry and Blueberry. Sehun chuckles mutely and went to the vegetable area, missing Luhan who had just left the area a minute ago when he arrived there.

Luhan takes some fresh meats and gave the 4 kg’s of each meat he sees to the man in charge of the meat area while Sehun is on the other side of the meat area, which is the fish area and takes a some fresh fish and gives the 2 kg’s of some fishes he thinks that contains more nutrients and give it to the man in charge of the fish area; close yet doesn’t notice.

Sehun finishes his grocery and went to the cashier to pay off the food he bought while Luhan bought some snacks for himself and Tao delaying his way to the cashier where Sehun was at the moment.

“Thank you very much and we hope to see you again.” The cashier lady smiles at Sehun and the young boy took the 3 plastic bags in his hands and walk slowly his way to the exit and at the same time, Luhan comes and pays for the foods he bought.

He takes a glance at the young boy who is walking his way to the door. He hums and blinks before focusing his attention back to the cashier lady who is checking how much he had collected for all the foods.

 

They missed each other again.


A/N: Spot something in this chapter? >< Lol, anyways, I want to thank everyone and the new subbies also. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to thank all fo you properly. Thank you~

Question: Favourite couple so far?

Thanks to all and lots of love from author-nim~ ^^ <3