Chapter 10: Looking

Even Silence is Beautiful

Chapter 10: Looking

A 'Hanhun' chapter...


 “Sehun! Sehun! Wait!” A boy called him repeatedly as he watched blankly at the scene unfolding in front of him. His boyfriend is being taken away by his parents to Terminal 5 different from their Terminal.

He watched them hold back his boyfriend from coming near to him. He watched his boyfriend break his parent’s hold from him and saw him coming near him. He saw his boyfriend reached out his hand to him while running towards him. He reached out his hand and as soon as he reaches his hands out, he immediately felt warm and was pressed into someone’s chest.

He was hugged by his boyfriend.

He blankly looked at him as his boyfriend broke the hug and placed a soft kiss on his pink lips before pulling off and worriedly looked at him.

“Sehunnie. Here. Never let go of this, okay? Okay? I’ll be back, I promise. I’ll come back and find you again. Okay? I'll be back for you.” His boyfriend took out a small box and put it on his palm. He looked at the small box and looked at him worriedly and confused.

He saw his boyfriend’s parents come and take him away. He watches his boyfriend reaching out to him but blankness clouded his mind and his feet were stood frozen on the ground.  He watches them take away his boyfriend away from him, far away from his sight and hold.

But before his boyfriend left him...he heard 3 words that made him hold back the tears of pain and grief but replaced it with hope. Hope that his boyfriend will come back to be with him again.

“I love you.”

Eyes flutter open wide as tears flow out painfully from his eyes. Sehun sat up slowly and let his tears flow out for a moment before wiping his tears off and rubs his eyes. He sniffs and felt a pang of pain hit his heart. Gasping a bit for air, he opens and closes his eyes to get his vision clear. Once clear, he got out of his bed and stretched his body upwards and yawned silently.

Looking at his side, his eyes gazed at the picture frame. He briefly smiles as he takes the picture frame from the bedside table. His fingers touch the glass where two person stands and a blooming smile spread on their faces.

‘Luhan’

~*~

Luhan sat up, gasping for air. He looks around for any signs of Sehun but there was neither trace nor presence of the younger lingering in his room. Raking his fingers through his hair, Luhan lets out an exasperated sigh.

‘I haven’t found him yet.’

His nightmares take another toll on him. Some days he would dream of the nightmares that Sehun left him and has given up on him. And some days he would dream of their memories that they share together.

Luhan stands up and takes off his shirt and throws it on his bed before going to his closet. He takes a button down shirt and puts it on. Closing his closet door, he looks around his room.

It’s been 2 years since he came back to Korea after escaping from his parents clutches around his neck for 3 years. He worked hard to become a successful man he is now. He uses all communication just to find his lover again. He became so worn out from the first year he came back to Korea. He couldn’t find his lover in their own apartment nor all his contacts with his lover were cut off and all gone.

He vows to find him again and he won’t give up until he finds him. He promised Sehun that he will come and find him and that he’ll take him back under his wings.

With a determined spirit, Luhan left his room to eat his breakfast before heading to the hotel.

~*~

Pouring some milk into his bowl to match it up with his cereal; a knock interrupted it. He quickly looked at the door and stared at it for a while until the loud knocks brought him back.

He stood up and went towards the door and opened it.

He was greeted by a bone-crushing hug by his one and only cousin. He looked at his cousin and pats his cousin’s back signalling him to let go. After receiving the signal, his cousin immediately let go and smiled brightly to him.

“Good morning Sehun! How’s my cute cousin? Are you eating your breakfast already? Did I interrupt it?” His cousin bombarded him with questions.

He answered it all with a simple nod making his cousin gasp. His cousin’s face became apologetic and apologized.

“Omo! I’m sorry Sehun. I didn’t mean to interrupt your breakfast. I‘m really sorry.”

Sehun shooked his head telling him that it’s okay. His cousin’s face lit up and smiled to him.

“Thanks Sehun! Oh, my...wait. Taeminnie~” His cousin left him for a while and appeared again with another person.

“Sehun ah...I’m with Taeminnie today~”

The said person bowed to Sehun followed by Sehun who bowed back. Sehun gestured them to come in and left the door open. He went directly to the kitchen to prepare some tea and cookies.

After preparing, he went to the living room and placed the tray at the table and pointed at the tea and cookies before sitting down to join them.

Taemin smiled and uttered a ‘thank you’ before taking a bite on the cookies. His cousin took the cup of tea and sipped some before facing him.

“How are you?”

Sehun briefly smiled to him and mouthed- ‘I’m fine’

Kai smiled to him before sipping his tea and speaking up.

“Are you going to work?” His cousin asks. Sehun shakes his head and took his white board under the table before writing down.

I’m not going to work today. I need to visit my parents for now before going to my next work. Will you tell Suho hyung for me?

Kai nodded his head and took the last sip to his tea and looked at his boyfriend.

“Done, Taeminnie?” Kai asked to his boyfriend who took the last bite on the cookie.

After swallowing, Taemin nodded his head.

“Yeah, I’m finished.”

Kai stood up with Taemin and Sehun following.

“Guess we’ll be going now,” Kai uttered as he gave a last hug to his cousin. He pulled away and gave a pinch on his cousin’s face.

“Bye Sehun. Tell them I said hi.” Kai waved his hand while Taemin bowed and left together with Kai. Sehun waved back and closed the door. Then he remembered about his breakfast. He quickly went back to the dining room to eat his abandoned cold breakfast.

~*~

“Mr. Lu, how have you been?” A young petite man asks him as he swivels his chair and crossed his leg. He narrows his eyes on him before replying.

“I’m fine, Himchan,” Luhan replies with boredom on his voice. Himchan chuckles at Luhan’s bored reply. He cleared his throat and talked about the hotel’s maintenance but Luhan’s mind was flying. Noticing the disinterest of Luhan in the topic, Himchan sighs.

“Hey, Himchan.” Himchan looked at him with surprise at the sudden call. Luhan stared outside through the wide transparent glass.

“Have you found any clues yet? Where Sehun could be?” Luhan rhetorically asks. Himchan stared at him and taps his fingers on his lap.

“Luhan,” Himchan calls out to him and the younger just hums in response. Luhan knows the answer and Himchan knows he knows it even if he doesn’t tell him that they have no progress whatsoever. Sighing again, he took out his phone and pressed ‘one’ before placing it on his ear. Waiting for a few seconds, the person on the other line picked up.

“Hello?” A deep, husky and groggy voice replied on the other line. Himchan smiled a bit.

“Yongguk?” He asks on the other line just to confirm it is really him. He doesn’t want to make another mistake when he called up and thought the person who picked up was Yongguk when it is actually his twin brother.

Yongguk hums in response. “Yeah, Himchan?” he asks in his usual deep and husky voice, but hearing that it is somehow groggy, Himchan makes a mental note that Yongguk might have been dozing off again while working.

He momentarily sighs before asking. “Have you found any clues yet?”

A brief silence consumed the whole room before the call was cut off. Hissing inwardly, Himchan pocketed his phone back.

“Himchan…” Luhan dazedly calls out to him.

The older looked at him with a questioning look. “Yeah?”

Luhan opens his mouth before closing it back. He sighs as he closed his eyes and leaned on his chair and puts an arm on his eyes.

“Do you think he’s out there? Sehun...” Luhan trails off and Himchan smiles sadly at him.

“Yeah, he’s out there, waiting for you to find him.”

~*~

After paying his parents a visit and said his prayer before placing the bouquet of flowers on the grave, Sehun stood up and leaves the cemetery.

Arriving at Kyungsoo’s flower shop and quickly attending to the duties at hand, Sehun heavily sighs as he finally finished wrapping the last bouquet for the day. He exits the wrapping area and found Kyungsoo coming back from outside.

He sent a questioning look to his hyung and Kyungsoo just smiled at him. Shrugging it off, he looks at the clock and noticed that it’s quarter to five already. his lips, he gives the finished checklist to Kyungsoo who gladly accepted it.

Kyungsoo tears off a piece of paper and wrote down something before handing it to him. He looks at Kyungsoo with a bewildered look before reading it.

You may leave early, Sehunnie. I’ll be closing at 5 and I have a dinner date with Suho.

Looking at Kyungsoo with a cheeky grin, Kyungsoo blushes in response. Chuckling a bit, he nods his head and went to his room that Kyungsoo gladly built for him. It was small but enough space for a bed and a desk if the younger needs to do something and do some paper works from the hospital.

Placing the apron on the clothing stand, Sehun takes his satchel from the bed and leaves the room.  Bowing to Kyungsoo who only smiled to him, he left the shop.

He arrives at his apartment after a 20 minute walk.  Closing the door behind him, Sehun drops his satchel on the couch and went off to get some cereal in the kitchen.

Taking out a cereal box and a gallon of milk from the refrigerator, Sehun pours the cereal into the bowl and pours the milk next; putting back the milk in the refrigerator together with the cereal box.

Exiting the kitchen and plopping himself on the couch, Sehun turns on the television and eats his bowl of cereal as his favourite cartoon show comes up, his eyes lighting up in excitement.

~*~

Looking at the picture frame of Sehun and him, Luhan softly sings.

maeu jung-yohan salam-eulobuteo bunli
jega geollil sueobsneungeoli
gongheoham naneun sobiil inaee nae ma-eum-e neukkin
myeoch nyeon hu meolli jeondalhaneun , nan dangsin eul chaj-a

(English translation)

Separated from someone very important

The distance that I couldn't take

The emptiness I felt in my heart within the days I consumed

After a few years that pass away, I look for you

Reminiscing something very important clouded his mind.

“Sehunnie...Sehunnie! I got something for you!” Luhan shouted once he entered their house. He took off his shoes and looked for his Sehun. He found Sehun quietly eating his food in the dining room.

Sehun turned his head around and smiled to his boyfriend who just came home. He quickly swallowed the food and stood up to hug his boyfriend. Luhan hugged back before pulling off and sneakily planted a soft kiss at Sehun’s cute nose.

Sehun chuckled soundlessly before pulling him to the table and letting him sit down. Sehun sat down afterwards and continues to eat his food while Luhan was smiling brightly.

“Sehunnie~ I got you something.” Luhan spoke up with excitement. Sehun raised an eyebrow and Luhan could tell what Sehun’s face is to ask. He quickly took out two tickets and passports from his bag and showed it to Sehun who got more bewildered.

“We’re going to France next week!”

geudaeneun eodie issnayo?
dangsin-eun jalhago gyesibnikka ?
dangsin-i gwaenchanhdago malhaejwo yeojeonhi yeogie
hanbeon-eun naega machimnae dangsin eul balgyeon issdolog , dangsin-eul poyonghago dasi han beon dangsin-eul neukkil su-iss-eossseubnida.

(English Translation)

Where are you?

Are you doing fine?

Please tell me that you're okay and is still here

So that once I finally found you, I could embrace you and feel you once again.

“No! Umma! Appa! No! Sehun! Sehun! SEHUN!!!”

Luhan bit his lip as he remembered those scenes that made him grow to hate his parents that he abandoned in America. He placed the frame back on the bedside table before breathing out. He stood up from the bed and took his jacket on the couch and left the room.

~*~

Arranging the clothes neatly and carefully placed it on the closet, a picture flew down to the ground.

Picking it up from the ground, a small smile formed on the person’s face as soon as he looked at the picture. Two boys hugging each other with smiles plastered in their faces.

Oh Sehun & Lu Han

“As our love is the one that bonds us together; no matter what the circumstances...we are one by heart and soul for I love you Oh Sehun.”

‘Luhan...’

Standing up after placing the clothes back into the closet, Sehun places the picture on his bed before turning his heels away from the bed. Putting on a jacket and let the hood cover his head, he locked the door of his apartment and left.


Luhan turned to the right and entered the park with a sulky mood. His day was destroyed because of those horrible memories. The day where he left his boyfriend all alone in the airport broke his heart. Seeing the teary face of his boyfriend make his heart aches in pain for not being able to fight back and be with him.

Rain started to pour down.

He looks up and watches the raindrops fall from the sky. He smiled bitterly and closed his eyes with his heart beating with a dejected beat. Memories of the past started to cloud his mind again.

~*~

Walking around the park while raining, Sehun walks around the park with a dejected sigh. He didn’t even know why he came to the park. He just let his legs lead him where it wants. And he found himself in the park walking while it's raining.

And he didn’t notice a man who has eyes closed while standing on the other side.

~*~

Raindrops fall on his face, his eyes flutter open as he lowers his head back to the original position and mumbled some words. He turned his head at the other side and saw a man with a hood covering his face very well, passes by. His eyes followed the man walk away and continue to follow him until the retreating figure vanishes from his sight.

He felt a tingling pain in his heart and he could hear his mind telling him to follow the figure but his legs won’t coordinate with his mind. He felt numb and shakes his head. With a bitter and gloomy mood, Luhan turns back his head in front and leaves the park opposite the way the man has gone through.

Sehun sighs inwardly and continues to walk under the rain and smiled bitterly as he remembered Luhan and him playing under the rain and where they first shared their kiss. He chuckles sadly before tears leaves his eyes. He doesn’t even know if he was crying or this was just tears. But feeling the warm tears flow through his cheeks, Sehun knows he was crying.

Biting back a sob, his eyes played the memories in front of him as he collapsed on the ground, sobbing in pain. 

 

‘Sehun’

 

‘Luhan’


A/N: Hello? *waves hand* So...here's Hanhun for you guys...They're so near to eahc other yet they couldn't see each other. Luhan why didn't you follow him? /sigh/ Is it good? Hope to hear your thoughts about this :D Thank you :)

Question: Aside from EXO fandom, which fandom are you bias also? And what pairing or individual do you like the most?

Thank you for reading and Lots of Love <3