The Doe, the face and the Ghost

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

"What's with you?" Baekhyun asked his derpy friend, who was smiling at him like he was throwing up rainbows and cupcakes. Kyungsoo looked up at Chanyeol's creepy smile and nearly choked on his sandwich.

"Oh nothing, I just have a good feeling about today. I met a new kid today in my Econ class. He's...really nice." Chanyeol dreamily said.

 

"Oh dear god. Don't start fanboying over lunch. I get enough of that in my Business lecture. Kyungsoo and I were sat in front of two of those boys from the SM gang."

 

"Which ones?"

 

"They live at the posh part of our estate and shares a house instead of an apartment all to themselves?" Baekhyun said bitterly. He didn't mind their 3-bedroom apartment, but hated the fact that even within the rich SM Estate, there were unfair, special treatments for those who were willing to pay even more. "They share it with 3 othehe friggin' house even has its own name...SHINee or something. Anyway, the girls were all squealing throughout the lecture and I couldn't hear the professor properly. They were gasping over Taemin's new haircut or something."

 

"What were they doing at the front anyway? I thought the cool kids sat at the back?" Chanyeol asked.

 

"Well, the SHINee boys all had their family businesses depending on them so they actually had to study. I heard that Onew's father threatened to cut off his credit card if he fails to graduate this year again. " Kyungsoo casually said. Baekhyun narrowed his eyes at his friend who widened his eyes in response.

 

"You're secretly quite into all this gossip, aren't you?" Baekhyun teased.

 

"Well…it's interesting to know what's going on even if we're not a part of it…" Kyungsoo blinked and scratched his head in embarrassment. The other two laughed at their friend's cuteness.

 

Kyungsoo was the most socially active out of the three. He got along with almost anybody with his amiable nature and cute eyes. Unlike his two friends, he was able to become acquaintances with those that would normally steer clear of the Derp Squad and have casual conversations with them (and gain some interesting gossips). He was part of the university choir but maintained a low profile. Like Chanyeol, Kyungsoo hated attention.

 

"So what's this new kid like?" Baekhyun asked.

 

"Well his name is Luhan and he's really handsome, like wayyyyyy out of our league," Baekhyun rolled his eyes and Chanyeol puffed his cheeks. "But he's really, really, really nice too! He came and sat with me instead of joining the SM gang at the back." Baekhyun raised his eyebrows, clearly impressed.

 

"Looks like Yeollie has a new crush." Baekhyun smirked.

 

"I do not! He's totally not my type and I just think it's nice that I finally have a friend in my class. It gets lonely, you know. Plus it's always nice to have new friends, right? I haven't really spoken to anyone other than you two for a while now and it's not that you guys are boring or anything, it's just nice to talk to someone new." Baekhyun snorted at the backhanded insult and Chanyeol stuck his tongue out back at him.

 

"Chanyeol must've met the 'Doe' then." Kyungsoo chipped in. Chanyeol looked at him with confusion.

 

"I have no idea what you're talking about."

 

"Well I was talking to Sulli when I went to collect my music score from the music department. She told me that we didn't only get one new student, we got three in total." Chanyeol nodded his head, remembering Luhan's comment earlier about meeting up with his friends that were also new to the university.

 

"Yeah, Luhan told me that his friends transferred here too."

 

"Sulli said that nobody's had the chance to speak to any of them yet. They seem to be ignoring everyone - even Leeteuk got shot down when he offered one of them to sit with his friends in Chemistry. Leeteuk! The school president! Anyway, since no-one's spoken to them, nobody knows their names so people gave them nicknames. The smiley, doe-eyed one is the Doe. From Chanyeol's description I'm guessing your friend Luhan is that guy." Chanyeol nodded in agreement. Luhan seemed to suit that name. "The 'face' is the guy that turned down Leeteuk in Chemistry. Apparently he doesn't smile and just glares at everybody - hence the name. He's really tall and amazingly handsome according to Sulli. Like beyond human. Even Sulli was blushing just talking about him and she's like the least fangirl-ish person I know."

 

"Is he a third-year?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun just continued eating his lunch, but still listened to their conversation.

 

"No. Apparently both him and the Doe--I'm sorry, Luhan, are supposed to be in the third year but I have no idea why they're repeating second year."

 

"Who's the last one?" Baekhyun asked. Chanyeol smirked at his friend. Baekhyun may pretend not to care about these gossips but Chanyeol knew that he was secretly interested.

 

Baekhyun got himself involved within the social circle as little as possible. But not for the same reasons as Chanyeol and Kyungsoo. Baekhyun just disliked the majority of the students. Although he was accepted into the university with a full scholarship, Baekhyun's family had worked very hard to keep up with the prices of textbooks and other necessary spendings. Baekhyun was bitter towards the rich students not because he was jealous, but because he felt that it was unfair. It was unfair that both him and his family had to work so hard to maintain

Please log in to read the full chapter