Can I love you?

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Luhan had spent another night in Sehun's room.

 

He woke up with a weak smile to the sight of Sehun snoozing peacefully. If he could, he wanted to wake up to Sehun's sleeping face every morning for the rest of his life.

 

Something was wrong though, Sehun's face was a pinkish shade and he was shivering.

 

"Sehun-ah, are you too cold? Shall I turn up the heater?" Luhan said softly. Sehun frowned at his voice but didn't open his eyes.

 

"Hyung…" Sehun's voice was hoarse and weak, "I'm so cold." Luhan panicked and reached to feel his forehead. It was boiling.

 

Must've been the wind and light drizzle from last night. I should've insisted to go search for Kris alone, Luhan thought.

 

Luhan quickly sprang out of bed and rummaged Kris' first aid kit for some medicine. He read the back of the packet for instructions.

 

Two tablets. Every 4 - 6 hours. Take after meal.

 

Luhan first went to the bathroom to dab a small towel under the cold tap and then returned to the bedroom to place it on Sehun's head to cool down his temperature. He then went to the kitchen to make some plain congee in record time. With the congee and medicine on a tray, he returned to the bedroom and sat on the edge of the bed, placing the tray on the bedside table.

 

"Sehun-ah, can you sit up for me?" Luhan placed one hand gently behind Sehun's back to help him up while the other propped up the pillow for Sehun's back. Sehun's eyes were still closed and his body was weak. Luhan made sure that he was still wrapped up warmly in his blankets and used the cool towel to carefully wipe Sehun's sweat covered face.

 

"My throat hurts, hyung." Sehun whined softly. "I want ice cream."

 

"I made you some congee." Luhan said softly, stirring and blowing on the congee to cool it down a bit. Sehun made a weak 'yuck' face and stuck his tongue out, still keeping his eyes closed.

 

"I know that this is a little bland and boring, but it's the easiest thing to digest. And you need some food in you before you take the medicine." Luhan comforted and spooned some congee to Sehun's lips, but he refused to open his mouth.

 

Chuckling, Luhan offered him a deal, singing it to him as if Sehun was a kid, "I'll get you some ice cream if you finish this first~!"

 

Sehun pouted and paused for a bit, thinking. He nodded cutely and opened his mouth to Luhan's encouraging "aaaaaahh~ummm." Sehun finished the bowl of congee slowly, with Luhan's constant encouragements like "we're halfway there" and "we're two spoonfuls away from the ice cream!"

 

When Sehun finish the congee, he perked up a little and asked excitedly for the ice cream.

 

"You're ill, silly. You can't have ice cream."

 

"You promised, hyung! You promised!" Sehun frowned and whined, tugging at Luhan's arm.

 

Luhan smirked, "I promised you ice cream after you finished the congee. But I didn't say how long after. You can have the ice cream when you're better. That still counts as after, right?"

 

Sehun gasped dramatically, "Cheater! Hyung's a filthy cheater!" he crossed his arms and pouted.

 

"I'm only looking out for you, Sehunnie. You can have all the ice cream you want once you get better." Sehun kept his 'stance' and 'hmphed' in the direction away from Luhan.

 

Luhan chuckled at the cute sight and shifted his position on the bed so that he could lean over Sehun and peer around to see his face.

 

"Don't be mad, Sehunnie." Sehun 'hmphed' in the other direction.

 

"I promise I'll treat you to all the ice cream you want once you're fever goes away." Sehun looked at the ceiling and put his 'thinking' face on. Luhan smirked and sang to him, "Every and any flavour you want~"

 

"Hyung's the best!" Sehun nodded and smiled sweetly at Luhan, who grinned brightly at the compliment.

 

Sehun's smile widened at the sight and silently sighed at a single thought.

 

What would I do if he wasn't here to light up my room?

 

***

 

In the apartment downstairs, someone else also woke up with a smile and a surprise.

 

Chanyeol woke up with a huge smile. He hasn't had such a good sleep for a very long time, even though his sleeping time wasn't really that long.

 

The first thing he sees is the sleeping blond. His bed-hair looked even more perfect than his normal hair. Chanyeol's heart fluttered. He could get used to waking up to this sight every morning.

 

Good morning, birthday boy.

 

Kris woke up to the smell of slight burning. He rolled over to look at his alarm clock. 8:13am. He groaned at the thought of getting up so early. He brushed his teeth and took a quick shower. Throwing on a pair of skinny jeans and a t-shirt, he ruffled his hair in the mirror and decided that he couldn't be bothered with styling it.

 

He walked out of his room and saw the back of a tall boy, setting out the table in the dining area. The boy was wearing his grey hoodie and ripped jeans. He suited them, as if wearing the blond's clothes was the norm for him.

 

"Good morning!" Chanyeol's bright smile would've powered the entire city of Seoul for a year. Remembering the kiss from last night, Kris had that weird sensation again and couldn't meet the other's eyes. He was so close to blushing.

 

"Good morning." he mumbled. Chanyeol pulled out the chair and indicated for Kris to sit down there.  Kris silently obeyed and watched as Chanyeol dashed back into the kitchen. He reappeared with two plates in his hands and placed one in front of Kris, who stared at his breakfast in awe.

 

It was Kris' favourite, a simple English breakfast, but it's so much different from the ones that Kris is used to having. The food was organised in the shape of a smiley face. The two slightly raw eggs made the eyes, the fatty bacon formed the nose, the burnt sausages was arranged into a smiley pair of lips, the baked beans was scattered to form the hair and the toast that was placed in the corner of the plate had butter spread in the shape of a sun. Kris couldn't help but smile.

 

Chanyeol returned from the kitchen with a cup of coffee for Kris and juice for himself. He saw Kris' lingering stare on the food and blushed.

 

"I'm sorry it's not very well made…You don't have to eat it if you don't want to." Chanyeol went to grab the plate but Kris' hands got there first and lifted the plate away from Chanyeol's reach.

 

"No no no! It looks delicious." Kris smiled warmly and Chanyeol looked down shyly, trying to hide his smile as the elder tucked in eagerly.

 

"By the way, I hope you don't mind that I borrowed your clothes. I didn't really want to risk going back to the apartment to get changed and waking up Kyungsoo or Baekhyun in case they ask where I'm going."

 

"No, I don't mind." Kris shook his head and Chanyeol smiled sweetly at him.

 

It felt strangely weird to Kris. Because this whole thing felt right. Kris smiled at his thoughts: Chanyeol's sweet kiss, him sleeping beside him, wearing his clothes, cooking breakfast for him - it all felt oddly right. Having someone caring for him, instead of the other way around, felt good. And the fact that it was Chanyeol who was looking after him was the ultimate cherry on top of the icing.

 

What is going on with me…? Kris' feelings was so messed up, but he didn't want to ruin his own morning. It was the first time that Kris had enjoyed an early morning. He decided to just enjoy the day as it comes and deal with the thinking later.

 

After breakfast, they set off to their first destination, which was unknown to Kris. Chanyeol was carrying a huge backpack, stuffed with items that were a "special surprise" for Kris' day.

 

"We're here!" Kris' eyes widened when they reached their first destination. Kris' eyes widened and he sighed deeply.

 

"You have gotta be kidding me."

 

"Nope! This ought to wake you up!" Chanyeol beamed. He had taken him to an amusement park. It was considerably quiet as it was early and most children were still at school. Kris face palmed himself as Chanyeol dragged him inside cheerfully.

 

Why did I agree to this again?

 

They went on everything. The rollercoasters, the ferris wheel, the haunted house, bumper cars...even the teacups.

 

"Aw come on, give me a smile!" Chanyeol grinned at the moody blond, who was close to having a mental breakdown on the teacups.

 

Sehun loved theme park rides while Luhan hated it because he was scared of heights (among other things). Kris didn't really mind rides but he didn't particularly enjoyed them either. Going to these places were mainly for Sehun's sake. The teacup ride was always Sehun's favourite, because it was the only ride that all three of them could enjoy. Kris used to have nightmares about this ride from the ridiculous amount of times that he had been on it. Their record was 11 times in one day.

 

"I hate this ride so much…" Kris growled, rubbing his temples. Chanyeol laughed and placed his fingers on the corners of the blond's mouth to try and form a smile. He received a hard flick on his forehead in return.

 

"Why are we even here?"

 

"The reason you wanted to leave is because staying makes you sad. So my first reason is actually a

Please log in to read the full chapter