Destiny Calls.

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Everything felt like it had gone round a full circle, because everyone had arrived back at the point where everything had started.

 

"Cheers!"

 

The ring of glasses clinked against one another as the group of friends cheered and laughed in Suho's living room. Suho was hosting a Valentine's party at his apartment. Due to protests  from his friends (well, Chanyeol), the party was actually a day before Valentine's Day, giving them the opportunity to celebrate Valentine's with their other half on the actual day (okay, this was Chanyeol's request too, who wanted to have Kris all to himself on the day).

 

Nobody was complaining though, especially when everybody was all paired up. Chanyeol and Kris were more in love with each other than ever, Luhan made up with Sehun, Baekhyun and Tao were still fighting and kissing nonstop and Suho had finally explained himself to both Kyungsoo and his parents. Everyone was happily in love. Well, all except one...

 

"Hey."

 

Kai looked up from the sofa to see a very attractive dimple smile from a boy he had briefly met just before the party. The tanned boy quickly mumbled his greetings before staring back into the glass of champagne that he had been swirling in his hand.

 

"You okay?"

 

"I'm fine," he lied, a little too eagerly. This was the fifth time someone had asked him this question on this night, and it was starting to get a little tedious. He just wanted to be left alone and wallow in the sad fact that Kyungsoo, after hearing the real reason behind why Suho didn't want to be seen with him, had chosen Suho, not him. He wouldn't have stayed for this party, but it was held in his own apartment which meant that he didn't even have a place to escape to. Beside, he was determined to let Kyungsoo and Suho know that he was okay with their relationship, even though watching them kiss and hug from where he was sat was like having daggers slowly wade their way through into his heart.

 

The boy fell down on the seat next to him, taking the initiative which surprised Kai, "Wow, you're a lousy liar."

 

Kai's hand abruptly paused from swirling the crystal glass and slowly turned around to glare at the arrogant boy, "I'm sorry?"

 

"I said," the boy smirked, leaning closer towards Kai a little and piercing into his dark eyes, "you're a lousy liar."

 

Kai had to admit that he was taken a aback a little. This was the first time that anyone had ever challenged him in this way. Nobody had ever spoken to him like this, so confident and provoking. Usually it was him that made others feel intimidated, but this time, this stranger, had even managed to make his palms sweat a little.

 

He was curious.

 

"What was your name again?"

 

The boy's smile widened, revealing his perfect dimple, and held out his hand for a formal introduction, as if finally remembering his manners.

 

"Lay."

 

***

 

"Good morning!"

 

Kris' eyes struggled to open as the room suddenly exploded with sunlight and laughter. He groaned and snuggled further inside his duvet as he realised that there was only one person who could be so bright. After all, his bright personality was the reason why he fell in love with him in the first place.

 

The boy fought his way through the piles of fabric before finally revealing the blond's handsome features. He was about to pounce when Kris' eyes suddenly shot open and pushed him over, counter-attacking him instead. Chanyeol shrieked and laughed as his boyfriend pinned him to the bed with his arms held above his head.

 

The brunette bit his lip nervously, staring into those perfect brown eyes as Kris smirked at his prey. He bent down and placed a soft kiss on his pinks lips, before whispering in his deep, mellow voice.

 

"Happy Valentine's Day, hedgehog."

 

***

 

"So where are we going?"

 

Kris revealed a small smile, the one that Chanyeol liked the most. It was one where it was obvious that he was trying to hide his bliss but the happiness came pouring out anyway. Chanyeol's stomach bore butterflies whenever he saw that smile, because it showed that Kris, the inventor of the face, was so happy that he couldn't resist smiling.

 

"Secret."

 

Chanyeol chuckled, "That's so greasy."

 

"You know it."

 

They arrived at a restaurant, a really fancy one. Definitely not somewhere that students like themselves would go to. In fact, Chanyeol cringed a little when he saw what the other customers were wearing compared to his loose jumper and worn jeans, which were already the best things in his wardrobe.

 

Kris on the other hand fitted right in. He had on a simple shirt and black skinny jeans but still managed to look like a prince from the illustrations in a fairytale book. The customers (and staff) were all so engaged with the handsome man that it took their attention off Chanyeol, the perfect man's scratty companion.

 

After they were seated, the stares and attention did not die down. Chanyeol felt like he was back in the school cafeteria again, where he could hear the whispers of admiration for his boyfriend and disapproval for himself. The past week haven't been easy for him since Kris practically announced their relationship when he made no attempt to hide their interlinked hands in school.

 

He tried his best to ignore his surroundings, like he always did in school, but it didn't really work. He could only pout.

 

His thoughts were abruptly snapped off when his pouting lips were melted by a soft but lingering kiss. His eyes were still popping when Kris released him and sat back down in his seat.

 

"What the--" Chanyeol hissed, face gradually flushing to a deep shade of red.

 

"Stop pouting," Kris chuckled, "As cute as it may be, I don't like it when you pout, because it means that you're worrying."

 

Please log in to read the full chapter