The Diva in Black.

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

He kissed him.

 

It wasn't their first kiss but this was different. It was filled with lust.

 

Kyungsoo didn't know that 'we need to talk' could stand for 'makeup '.

 

"Suho…" Kyungsoo was frowning as Suho on his neck. He couldn't enjoy any of it. Every second of Suho's lustful touch was a torture to him. The torn feeling was a familiar one.

 

"Hmm…?" Suho kept his focus on grinding the lower part of his body into his boyfriend. His lips unwilling to part with Kyungsoo's soft, smooth skin. He attacked those pink lips again, sliding his tongue inside pass them skilfully, causing the boy below him to release a moan.

 

"I--" Kyungsoo gasped as Suho slid his cold hand into his pants and found his warm member with shocking accuracy. Kyungsoo's instinct kicked in and he slapped Suho's face. Hard.

 

The slap snapped away all the lust in Suho. He instantly retracted his hand and placed it onto his cheek, where the slap mark was gradually growing a deeper shade. He jumped backwards and sat on the bed, face bewildered and confused. He looked at his boyfriend to see that he was shaking violently and his tears were falling again. He hated to see him like this. And he hated himself even more for being the cause of his tears.

 

He wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo to embrace him but the younger flinched at this touch. Suho's heart was breaking, because Kyungsoo was breaking. He was the one breaking him and he knew what he was doing. He knew.

 

"I'm a ing jerk, aren't I?" He whispered quietly. Kyungsoo finally looked up and saw the tears in Suho's eyes, but he couldn't answer him. He couldn't swallow the huge lump lodged in his throat.

 

Suho left the room without another word, leaving a trail of broken pieces of his heart as he went.

 

Kyungsoo didn't stop him though. Nothing made sense anymore. He wasn't sure of anything.

 

He got as far as the corridor when he collapsed. The room spun around him and he held his head downwards to stop himself from vomiting. Then he out.

 

He woke up in his own bed, not entirely sure how he got there. He glimpsed at the alarm clock sat on top of his bedside window. It was 4:26am.

 

He sat up and saw Monggu snoozing on his window sill in the corner of his room. Puzzled, he turned to get up and out of bed to approach her but the sight of the top of a brown-haired head froze his body.

 

A familiar tanned boy was sat on the floor with his head leaning against the side of his mattress, sleeping peacefully but not comfortably.

 

"Kai?" Kyungsoo couldn't believe his eyes. He wasn't sure whether he was still dreaming. He swerved around the boy and kneeled down on the floor by him. Kai yawned and attempted to open his heavy eyelids.

 

"Huh?" His eyes opened a little wider at the sight of Kyungsoo but the elder could tell that the tired boy was fighting to get his eyelids to stay open. Kyungsoo sighed and slipped his hand under Kai's flimsy body, heaving him upwards.

 

"Come sleep on the bed, you'll catch a cold on the floor." He mumbled. After settling Kai in his bed, he paused. Unsure of the next step. There's a perfectly fine couch in the living room for Kyungsoo to sleep on.

 

But he stayed, and fell asleep beside him on the bed.

 

He felt oddly safe there.

 

***

 

It was raining.

 

Someone once said that each raindrop represented a message. A thought from someone far away, someone who is missing you.

 

Kris was thinking of Chanyeol.

 

"What are you doing?" Chanyeol jumped at the deep voice which interrupted his thoughts and banged his head on the bus window. His friends sat behind him all burst into laughter.

 

"Chanyeol's playing 'racing raindrops' again." Baekhyun sniggered and Chanyeol turned around to pout angrily at him. Next to Baekhyun, Kyungsoo nodded with a grin.

 

"It's a game that Chanyeol always plays when it rains. You basically choose a raindrop and you race it with another raindrop to see which slides down the window faster. It's usually a game for two, but Yeollie normally plays it alone…" Kyungsoo chuckled. Chanyeol's flustered expression caused his friends to laugh even more.

 

"I don't get it." Kris frowned. Chanyeol blinked at the boy sat next to him.

 

"Show him, Yeollie." Baekhyun grimaced. Chanyeol bit his lip and his palms started to sweat.

 

"Well," Chanyeol cleared his throat, "you pick a raindrop first." Kris leaned a little closer to the bus window and subsequently, a little closer to Chanyeol, causing the younger's blushing face to turn into a deep shade of red. Kris placed his finger on a dormant raindrop and Chanyeol placed his finger on another raindrop near that one.

 

"Now we wait."

 

"For what?"

 

"For another raindrop to slide down and catches it. Then whoever's raindrop falls to the bottom of the window first, wins." Chanyeol swallowed as he turned around to face the blond. He didn't realise how close his face was to his. He turned his head to stare at his raindrop, breathing slowly to calm his heartbeat.

 

It wasn't long before a droplet's path collided with the boys' raindrops. Chanyeol instructed the blond to use his finger to follow the raindrop as it moved and against all logic, Kris obeyed the childish instruction. His raindrop managed to reach the bottom just a little bit before Chanyeol's did.

 

"You won." Chanyeol pouted. Kris attempted to hide his smile but failed, revealing a lopsided smile that released an excited deer, banging against Chanyeol's stomach walls with its antlers.

 

Little did he know, the deer inside Kris' stomach was also charging around clumsily at the sight of Chanyeol's cute pout.

 

The rain disappeared as suddenly as it came but the grey sky remained. Kris folded his umbrella and looked up at the sky. He was standing under the same sky as the one he missed and somehow that made him feel a little closer to him. But not close enough.

 

It was time for him to return by his side.

 

He missed him and wondered whether the other would get his message.

 

It must be pouring with rain where you are.

 

***

 

He actually fell asleep that night.

 

He had another dream. Well, more like a nightmare really. About him, of course. Always about him.

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes to yet another day without Kris.

 

Day 82.

 

"Morning." He mumbled to his flatmate, who wore a tired but bright smile.

 

"Good morning, Yeollie!" Baekhyun beamed from the dining table. He was stuffing his mouth with the food that he had carefully chosen himself. All perfectly easy to digest and releases energy slowly. And he had prepared some energy drink for him to drink throughout the day too.

 

Everything must be perfect today. It was the day of the annual dance-off.

 

Chanyeol sat down at the table as Kyungsoo placed a plate of food in front of him. It was a full English breakfast today. Someone's favourite. Chanyeol sighed.

 

Could I do anything without having to think about him?

 

"What’s wrong? Don't you like English breakfast?" Kyungsoo quizzed, frowning slightly. Chanyeol just shook his head and dug into the food. Baekhyun was happily inhaling his food, oblivious to his friends' troubled states.

 

"Is your mind ready to be blown by some kick- da

Please log in to read the full chapter