Super Glue and Deja vu.

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kris stayed with Chanyeol in his room that night, concerned for his fresh injuries.

 

The younger didn't mind, it saved him coming up with some lame excuse to make his boyfriend stay a little longer.

 

Kris assumed that Sehun and Luhan would have needed some alone time to sort out whatever it is that needed sorting out, so he wasn't too concerned about returning to his own apartment. Besides, he didn't have the courage to face his best friend yet, after throwing such a bomb on him. For now, he only wanted to enjoy his new boyfriend's company. The other problems can wait.

 

But apparently, it can't.

 

The Derp Squad's apartment door is hardly ever locked. They didn't really see the point, their apartment would the last choice for any clever thief. SM Estate wasn't short of rich occupants. The Derpy trio's carelessness became a convenience for their midnight visitor.

 

There was a weak knock on Chanyeol's bedroom door, but Kris heard it. He unwrapped his arms around Chanyeol's waist, careful not to wake the snoozing boy and quietly opened the door, expecting it to be Baekhyun, probably here to be nosy and annoying.

 

It wasn't.

 

"Hyunggie…" Sehun's eyes were red and swollen, but dry with no tears. His shoulders rose and fell with his heavy breathing and he bit his lip ferociously, as if to stop himself from fainting. He looked exhausted.

 

"Sehun-ah..." Kris pulled the boy towards him and embraced him immediately, heart crushed at the sight, "Where's Luhan?"

 

Sehun just shook his head into Kris' chest and clung onto him, relaxing his muscles a little in the safety of his brother's arms, "I'm sorry, hyung. I'm so sorry…"

 

"For what, silly? I'm your brother."

 

Then the tears came, finally flooding his sore eyes. He sobbed into Kris' embrace and he cried with his whole body. The blond his hair and hushed him, murmuring comforts in his mellow voice.

 

Guilt was punching his stomach as he realised that his judgement earlier was wrong. Things weren't going to be as simple as he thought that it was going to be after all.

 

"Don't worry, I've got you," Kris held the trembling boy in his arms, wanting to keep him there and protect him forever, "I've got you."

 

***

 

The four of them were stood outside a restaurant, waiting.

 

"This is a really bad idea," Kris mumbled under his breath repeatedly.

 

"No, this is a terrible idea." Baekhyun nodded, frowning at his best friend.

 

"Nonsense! This will fix everything and everyone!" The brunette beamed as he kept his eyes on the distance, searching eagerly for something in the distance.

 

"We're not giggling teenagers anymore, gege. This is going to make things even more awkward than it already is," Tao added, "Shouldn't we just keep our noses out of this one?"

 

"Well I've kept my nose out for long enough and look what happened? Everyone just fell apart," Chanyeol's gleamed with determination, "I'm going to fix this one once and for all."

 

Tao shared a worried look with his boyfriend and both of them could only sigh. Talking sense to their impulsive friend was a hopeless cause.

 

"Yah hedgehog! Will you stop walking back and forth like that? It's giving me a headache to watch," Kris suddenly growled, patience running thin. The alcohol that he had been consuming for the past few hours wasn't exactly helping.

 

"Don't watch then!" The brunette gave a wink with a cheeky smile, "Or is it too hard for you to keep your eyes off me?"

 

Kris rolled his eyes but couldn't suppress the smile that crept onto his lips. It's hard to feel too miserable when you're so in love.

 

Chanyeol was finally his, and he found it a little hard to believe. The brunette felt the same way. They couldn't believe their luck. The two of them have no idea how special they were to each other.

 

But there were other more urgent things at hand. Sehun spent the whole week with Kris in Chanyeol's room, refusing to face his problems in his own apartment, while Chanyeol shared a room with Kyungsoo, and both of the lovers were desperately holding onto their broken friends. It was term break, and both Sehun and Kyungsoo had barely left the Derp Squad's apartment, each with a reason, or rather, a person, whom they wanted to avoid at all costs.

 

Sehun found comfort with his brother, whose warm hands held him every night like they did before, soothing him to sleep. But he was haunted, every night, by nightmares of his accidents with his parents, the fear of losing everything again. He was reassured by his brother that they were still together, and that he wasn't going to leave him, but Kris' presence could only do so much. He felt like he was holding broken pieces of Sehun, but he couldn't find a way to put him back the right way. The person who could was in the apartment next door.

 

In the apartment downstairs and the floor below were the people that could piece the other broken boy, Kyungsoo, back together. Chanyeol heard from Baekhyun (who actually attended the last week of school before term break and gathered news) that Suho had moved out of his apartment with Kai and moved

Please log in to read the full chapter