The New Student

The Boy Next Door
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Yah! You ready yet, Yeollie?"

Chanyeol was eyeing his room quickly, trying to make sure he brought everything he needed before dashing out to the living room. His best friend Baekhyun was getting more and more impatient by the minute. Chanyeol gave him his best apologetic smile and quickly put his shoes on.

 

"I can't believe we're gonna be late on our first day." Baekhyun said, annoyed.

 

"Didn't I tell you to pack everything the night before? Nobody ever listens to me…" Kyungsoo, his other best friend was mumbling at him again.

 

Chanyeol laughed, "Yes, umma! I'll remember to pack my stuff earlier next time!"

 

Baekhyun was already waiting outside their apartment. Chanyeol followed Kyungsoo out, locking the door behind them. He noticed a pile of large boxes outside the apartment next door to theirs. There were workers from a moving company walking in and out.

 

"New neighbours?" Chanyeol asked as they headed for the stairs.

 

"Beats me. I didn't even know our old neighbours moved out." Baekhyun shrugged. Both of them automatically looked towards Kyungsoo.

 

"Taeyeon noona and Tiffany noona moved out over summer since they've graduated now. I guess some new students will have taken their apartment. I thought I made you sign a card for them?"

 

"Oh yeah. I remember now." Chanyeol nodded slightly.

 

"Geez, you guys are hopeless sometimes." Kyungsoo sighed at his friends' lack of good memory and also lack of interest in being sociable.

 

"We're not hopeless, we just wanna keep a low profile. And you're too nice to people that don't deserve it, Kyunggie. It's not like Taeyeon noona or Tiffany noona viewed us as friends and will wanna stay in touch with us after. I don't even know why we bothered with a card at all." Baekhyun said as they walked out of their apartment block of the SM estate, which was mostly occupied by students. The estate was famous for its secure environment and good facilities. The apartments themselves were quite luxurious for a student accommodation as well and the people living there were the richest and popular students at the nearby university. It was like a private club where everyone wanted to be at.

 

However, the Derp Squad hardly mingled amongst the other students in that estate. Partly because they liked to keep to themselves, but mainly because the majority of the students were snobby kids who weren't particularly interested in making friends with the derpy trio, who got into the estate as part of their scholarship at the university. They didn't qualify to be in their club. But that didn't matter, it's not like the trio wanted to make friends with the popular gang anyway. They were more than happy to keep their heads down and stick with each other, just like they have done in high school.

 

"They're not bad people, Baekhyun! And I'm sure they appreciated the card." Kyungsoo said, biting his lip and doubting his words slightly.

 

"Baekhyun's right, Kyung. I guess they were nice for people around this estate but we belong in a completely different planet to them. And I don't see any reason why we should try and be part of their world either." Chanyeol said. Kyungsoo's eyes stayed wide but deep in thought. Baekhyun sighed at his cute yet naïve friend. The three of them dropped the topic and soon arrived at their university, where they split and attended their own classes.

 

Kyungsoo and Baekhyun had Business and Management while Chanyeol went to his Economics lecture. He settled himself at the front of the class, staying as far away from the popular students sat at the back. He caught Suho's eye and nodded shyly. Suho smiled at him but did not move from his seat at the back. The class president was also from the SM estate. He lived in the same apartment block, EXO, a

Please log in to read the full chapter