Chapter 8: Jealousy?

A Perfect Summer?

 

 

Jessica rolled her eyes upon seeing Sungmin and Sunny sitting right next to each other, her head on his shoulder. We've just met in this island and they're already intimate?! Last thing she remembered, when Sungmin was still a sophomore in high school,  he turned down a Senior's confession of love to him. And she's damn sure that wasn't the first nor the last time he did that. She remembered pitying those girls who fell for Sungmin's "charm". Back then, they always believed that Sungmin isn't into romantic relationships and stuff, that he is just naturally friendly and girls mistake it for whatever assumption they make, that he doesn't even know that his adorable actions can make girls squeal... Wait. Did she just say They believed? Yes, She and Donghae.

 

She remembered how they used to tease his hyung about him being jealous of their "lovey-dovey" antics and getting a girlfriend already. That was when they were still together. Things changed... Even Sungmin had changed. And though she wouldn't admit, she was the one who was now jealous of Sungmin's love life. She sighed at the memory and threw all her annoyance at the two...

"You know, this is so not the place and time to cuddle up!" she woke the two up, arms crossed.

 

Sungmin blinked thrice before finally recognizing Jessica, and realizing how he'd slept. He gently nudged Sunny. A few seconds later she awoke and bent her aching neck to the opposite direction. Then she glanced at Jessica who was rolling her eyes at her. That was only when she thought of last night.

 

"Omo. Did I sleep on your shoulder?!" she turned to Sungmin with a worried expression on her face. He nodded and she bit her lip "Sorry! It must have sored a lot"

 

"No. I'm fine. It seems you slept well?" he answered with that charming eye smile of his, but this time, Jessica is not even sure whether he is still clueless about his "charm" or is purposefully using it already. Sunny nodded with a cute little pout. Annoyed at the scene, she walked away while she could still control herself.

 

-------------------------

 

About 10 minutes later, everyone started stretching and yawning and glancing around; trying to believe that yesterday was nothing but a dream, a nightmare. But the stiffness and soreness in their backs were enough to remind them that they hadn't slept in their cozy bedrooms.

 

Yesung came from the other side, carrying a couple of woods. "I saw a pile over there" he announced, pointing to the direction he got them. He then dropped it gently on the ground. "Great. This could be used for shelter" Leeteuk grinned after examining the woods "Are there still some more?"

 

Yesung nodded "A lot" and Leeteuk called all the boys to come with them. "Wait, Hyuk-ah is your arm fine, already?" Taeyeon asked of concern.

"oh Noona, yes i think so. Could you help me remove the bandage?" He said and she was kind enough to help. However, Hyoyeon, who was sitting at the side, is not really amused. He could have asked my help as well, she thought while she watched how Eunhyuk was trying to flirt with their manager.

 

"Why again?" Heechul stammered, always the stubborn kid. "We'll gather the logs and woods there" Leeteuk answered. The other shrugged, "We'll leave all the girls alone here? And if a wild bear or whatever attacks them then?" he argued. Yesung remembered the creepy eyes but didn't dare tell them because they might panic.

 

Leeteuk nodded thoughtfully and Kyuhyun remarked slyly "For once, you actually had an acceptable argument"

 

"No worries! We'll be fine here~" Yoona stood up raising her hand and placed it on Sunny's shoulder. "We'll look after each other!"

 

"You guys, sure? They could leave me behind to look after you" Heechul smirked. "No no no! I would take care of the girls, really!" Yoona pushed him playfully and grinned. He snickered "Hey. Who're you to push Kim Heechul?! Yesterday you were all so pale and such. Fine, take care of them, then. You talk like a guy" and putting his hands in his pockets, went to join the boys.

 

Still laughing childishly, Yoona didn't notice how Donghae appeared behind her. "Take care of yourself too, you're a girl as well" he said without even looking at her, continuing to walk. Watching from the side, Jessica bit her lip at the scene.

 

Eunhyuk, after Taeyeon removed the bandage, made his way to...  Wait, Sunny?! Hyoyeon was irked. She had thought that he'd at least thank her for curing his arm. But why should he go to that pink girl?!

"Take care, you two" He winked at Sunny and Yoona and went back to the group. Hyoyeon just sighed.

After Leeteuk's one last glance at the girls, they went off, following Yesung's lead.

 

--------------------------

 

Taeyeon clasped her hands together. "Now, what shall we do?" Hyoyeon crossed her arms and muttered "I'm hungry~"

 

"I wonder if we could catch fish..." Seohyun wondered out loud while making her way to the ocean. Sunny and Yoona ran up to her and surveyed the ocean when suddenly Yoona stopped on her tracks and started coughing. At first, they thought it was normal... until it grew severe; she couldn't stop it and ended up sitting while pressing her hand on her chest.

 

"Yoona-sshi! Yoona-sshi!" Taeyeon frantically screamed while Hyoyeon rubbed her back, trying to calm her down. The others looked at her with utmost concern.

 

"Water. Oh my gosh, water!" Hyoyeon almost ordered Jessica who was standing beside her.

"What?!" she was irked. "How am I supposed to find drinking water here?!" she scoffed.

 

"Right, sorry" Hyoyeon succumbed, half-embarrassed. She kept rubbing Yoona's back until gradually, the coughing slackened.

 

"Let's go try fishing~ I've always wanted to try--" Yoona suddenly returned to being hyper.

"What a childish girl. And if you get that attack again? Just sit here... Stop troubling us." Jessica rolled her eyes.

 

Yoona's eyes glistened and she doesn't know what to say. She was so touched; she didn't even mind Jessica's sarcasm because she is too moved by the other's concern. She has always been childish, she knew, and she was also well aware that the girls at school hate her for that... or maybe that was because the cute boys would always ask for her number and not theirs? But she never cared about it, and all she wanted were true friends.

 

But these people. Though they'd seem unapproachable at first, the way they reacted right now was  undoubtedly genuine. She had always been optimistic as well, and since the boat tumbled, she's been wondering whether there was actually a positive angle to it. Now, as she see the concerned faces of these girls, and the determined attitude of the boys, she knew the answer. She wasn't wrong after all. This tragedy was a way for her to know these people, and she had already come to love each of them as friends. And as much as it is weird and improper to think of it, she couldn't help but want to make her stay in this island, with these people, at least a little longer.

 

--------------------------

 

"Salt-water fishes..." Seohyun enumerated the species she knew of. She has always been intellectually gifted, graduating with flying colors since preschool to college. However, she never once trusted the power of computers and internet and such. For her, knowledge is naturally acquired and not through google.

 

"How do we catch the fish? I don't even see one." Sunny was sitting pretty in a huge rock by the sandy shores, being her normal  princess-y self. "Well, I'm sure it's not by sitting on a rock" Hyoyeon irritatedly answered. She thought it was nice that Eunhyuk and her ended up in one island together... But not anymore. Not with all these girls around. She crossed her arms and sighed leaving Sunny confused.

 

-------------------------

 

"Hyuk-ah!" Leeteuk called out after he picked up enough woods he could carry. "Yes, hyung?" he answered.

"Uh... Y-y.. Your arm's fine?" he stuttered. The old man who's perfect with words actually stuttered?! Hyuk was surprised though he didn't show and just casually nodded.

"Hyuk. Were you... Were you flirting with Taeng... I mean, Taeyeon just now?" he finally blurted out. Ah~ so that was what it really was, the clever Eunhyuk thought.

"Flirting? Haha. No hyung!" he elbowed the other male while holding the woods with two hands. "Really? What's with the 'Noona, noona could you be more gentle blah blah'" he sarcastically changed his voice to a small one. Hyuk's eyebrows crossed because of what Teuk is doing.

"Hyung, what are you thinking? Why are you suddenly like this?"

"Because you are suddenly like this. Spare Taeyeon. I know that you're a playboy, you juggle girls around and hurt them. You probably get every girl you wanted yet you just hurt them. But I'm telling you, Not Taeyeon or you're out of my bar" his tone was firm and serious. Very serious. Nothing like the dorky Leeteuk Eunhyuk has known.

"You like noona, don't you?" he playfully answered.

 

Leeteuk, however, was visibly struck. Those words that no one ever asked him. Taeyeon? He shrugged "No. She's just my bestfriend. So I care for her."

 

-------------------------

 

Ta-da~ chapter 8! Haha. So yes, Taeyeon is a noona for Hyuk in this story. That is, because of the ages i had written in Chapter 6. And I know, the ages in this story feels weird. HAHAHA. :)

Hyoyeon isn't mad at the girls, she's just being very outspoken, and jealous perhaps. HAHA. More tension will build up around the HyoHyuk couple and the YoonHaeSica triangle so stay subscribed. As for SunSun, Sungmin hadn't really changed like Sica said; and Teuk said he doesn't like Taeng. And Well, you'll see. ;D

I'm doing my best to update more frequently. By the way, it's my birthday today. Lalala~ HAHAHA. Oh well nevermind, Thanks for supporting this fic.. Saranghae~ ♥ HIHIHI.