Chapter 10: Peace? No!

A Perfect Summer?

 

The appetizing smell of the grilling Marlin engulfed everyone, making them even more hungry. Hanging above the fire on a bamboo stick, slowly it turned to a mouthwatering golden brown color.

 

Leeteuk swallowed and turned to Seohyun "You girls really did caught this?" and she proudly nodded.

"We picked some more berries and bananas here~" Donghae brought out the fruits they wrapped in a big leaf. "I think this should be cooked by now" Yesung announced after twirling the bamboo stick one more time. Carefully, he removed the bamboo stick from the fire and laid it down on the leaves that Taeyeon placed on the ground. Ensuring that the fish wouldn't dip in the sand, he laid it down. As much as everyone wanted to much the fat fish down to the bones, they had to wait for it to cool down.

 

Diverting himself from staring at the dish, Eunhyuk started a conversation. "Sunny-sshi, can I ask you a question?"

 

Sunny nodded "Yeah" and he grinned "Have you already had a boyfriend?"

 

Sunny tilted her head a bit sidewards whilst Hyoyeon's jaw dropped, arguably feeling even more surprised than Sunny.

"Of course" she shrugged and despite herself, Hyoyeon found herself sighing relief but Eunhyuk pressed on, rephrasing the question...

 

"I- I mean, Do you have a boyfriend? Right now? No well, before we got here?"

Sunny frowned, remembering what Sungmin said last night and shook her head. "I... No." Eunhyuk's smile widened, as he was still oblivious to Hyoyeon's deepening frown.

 

He triumphantly elbowed Sungmin who was beside him but the older just stared at him indifferently. However, the two, or perhaps three, of them were caught by Sunny's next statement "I don't have a boyfriend and I don't intend on having one"

 

"What? Wa-- Why?" Eunhyuk's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm busy enjoying life!" Sunny exclaimed casually which made Leeteuk and Taeyeon giggle.

"That's a very sly reply" Kyuhyun commented, making her realize that everyone had been listening to their conversation just now.

"But Sunny-sshi, don't you think you could still enjoy life with an actual boyfriend?" Yoona asked to which she answered with a sharp "No"

 

Eunhyuk scoffed "Why?" and she tossed her short hair confidently as she answered "Men are crazy. They'd only hurt girls. We love them and then they make us cry; they practically ruin our lives and I'm happily enjoying my youth without them"

 

Eunhyuk almost fainted at the answer while Kyuhyun failed to suppress his laughter. "Let me tell you, little miss, men aren't crazy. And not all men hurt girls." Heechul raised a finger to emphasize his point.

 

"Coming from you, I don't think I could ever believe those words" Sunny coolly answered and as Heechul started his rant on "Why? I'm Space Big star Kim Heechul---" Kyuhyun just fell on the ground, laughing so hard at Sunny's witty remarks.

 

"You may stop laughing now Mr. Cho" Seohyun's calm but firm tone made everyone --including the crazily yelling Heechul-- stare at her. "Why, Ms. Smart pants?" Kyuhyun was wiping tears from his eyes.

 

"'Cause you better go and catch your own food".

 

With that Yoona started giggling, and Donghae ingenuously asked her why. She answered "Because Kyuhyun-sshi belittled and mocked Seohyun-sshi's fishing rod a while ago and she's so annoyed that she said not to give him any".

 

"Wait, that's so unfair! Are you a kid?!" Kyuhyun began to stand up. Seohyun shrugged as she watched Yesung daintily touch the fish's tail. "We could eat this now" He muttered and Kyuhyun gritted his teeth.

 

"Everybody are Christians here?" Seohyun asked, ignoring Kyuhyun's existence.

"No!" Heechul raised his right hand. "Okay, we'll pray first" Seohyun answered.

 

"What the hell. Why did you even have to ask when you'd still go on anyway?" Heechul was really really going mad. Seohyun just replied "You could pray with us or not. Just do as you wish". He stomped his foot and rolled his eyes as the girl led the prayer. Soon after, everyone took pieces of the fish and fruits, Leeteuk ensuring that they get a rightful share to eat. As for Kyuhyun's fate... he knew that only he, himself, could do something.

 

"You really won't let me get some?" Kyuhyun was furious. No one's giving him any, only replying "Ask Seohyun" or "If Seohyun allows" or "Seohyun caught this, you should ask her".

 

As he took a bite off a banana, Sungmin looked up and saw an equally frenzied and starving Kyuhyun. He sort of pitied him and kindly asked "Seohyun-sshi? You're really going to let that kid starve?"

 

Though he was irked at the way he called him a kid, he was moved by Sungmin's will to help him. Stubbornly, Seohyun shook her head, without even giving Sungmin a second glance.

 

Sighing, Sungmin thought that this kind of situations call for his "secret weapon" as the girls at school call it. He pushed himself to pout, and again, this time with a cuter tone, he said "Seohyun-sshi~ let's let him eat? Yes?" Heechul rolled eyes at him while Kyuhyun gazed at Seohyun hopefully, but she shook her head once more.

 

Ugh. Both Sungmin and Kyuhyun groaned. "Seohyun-sshi. It's not really nice to let other people starve. Holding grudges against people and being ungenerous is really not nice" Sungmin said calmly but firmly.

 

Kyuhyun was awed by how something within those words seemed to strike Seohyun as she gazed at Sungmin whose eyes are fixed at her. "If Kyuhyun apologizes for being mean, will you let him eat?" he suggested.

 

After a moment of thinking, Seohyun nodded and Sungmin grinned on Kyuhyun, nodding upwards as if on cue. He bit his lip, hunger taking over his pride and barely whispered "Sorry~"

 

"I didn't hear you" Seohyun childishly muttered in between bites. Ugh he groaned again, and repeated that one word that would be his access to food. Smiling, Seohyun nodded, acknowledging him. Kyuhyun then grabbed the last fish meat left and five pieces of plump berries. Before biting, he touched Sungmin's arm and sincerely whispered "Thanks".

 

-------------------

 

"Aah~ that was nice, though it could've been better had we had rice" Heechul stood up after he finished eating.

 

Sunny scratched her skin "I'm feeling so itchy. I want to take a bath~" she pouted. "The ocean is so huge, go on and splash in!" Kyuhyun answered, finishing his meal.

 

"But Sunny-sshi, were you serious about not getting a boyfriend?" Eunhyuk was still persistent. "Heechul-sshi is right, not all men are--"

 

"Why should you keep bothering her about getting a boyfriend!!! If she doesn't want then let her be, gosh!" Hyoyeon yelled, not able to keep calm any longer.

Everyone were speechless over Hyoyeon's hyper reaction.

 

"I wonder what time it is..." Taeyeon stared at the sky, trying to break the awkward aura. Almost in unison Seohyun and Kyuhyun answered "Just before noon"  while the latter said "10:35" after glancing at his watch.

 

"No. It must be about 11:30 or so"

"Huh no! I just said it's 10:35 right!"

"How'd you know?!"

"My trusty watch tells so!"

"Oh really~ Then that must be broken already"

"It's waterproof miss"

 

Taeyeon had to stand up and just scream "Stop!" at the two. "I don't really care about the time now, okay, I don't!" she was exhausted; despite her original good intentions, the tension only got worse.

 

The others just sighed, knowing there was absolutely no way to know the exact time and who it was between the two who were correct but one thing is sure... There won't be much peace in this island soon.

 

--------------------

 

"I should talk to her, yeah hyung?" Donghae whispered to Sungmin. They were both looking at the icy expression on Jessica's face who was intently staring at the ocean.

 

The group were still circled around the fish bones; a boring, awkward and depressing air embracing them.

Sungmin hugged his knees and muttered "Yeah, but can you?" which made Donghae slump back and slowly shake his head.

 

Leeteuk clapped his hands, superiorly, which as usual, irritated Heechul. "Guys, since we've all eaten. I think we should start building our... Well, shelter?"

 

Heechul threw a pebble to the ocean, landing with a plop. The others readily nodded and stood up, gathering together. "Heechul-sshi~ Wouldn't you help them?" Taeyeon muttered, almost motherly. The aura around her was very foreign to those around her. Cleverly, Heechul asked "Who said that? Taeyeon-sshi? Where's the wailing kid from when we got here yesterday?". Smirking, he joined the others.

 

"Aish" Taeyeon grunted while Yoona giggled, then she stopped as Taeyeon instinctively looked to her right. At first, Yoona thought that the other got mad at her but she soon realized that her eyes go pass her shoulder. Taeyeon was intently observing the woods.

 

"What's that?" she managed to say. "What?" Yoona answered, and Sunny noticed the serious and confused look on the two's faces as she joined them. Taeyeon shook her head, "No, no, nothing". Sunny turned to Yoona with a questioning look to which the latter just replied with a shrug. 

 

Taeyeon couldn't say it because she wasn't even sure whether she actually saw it. But if it really was there, and all 6, 7...13 --she did headcounts-- of us are here...

 

What is it?

 

--------------------

 

They had the woods, yes. But tools, hammer, nails, and whatever else they might need... No. The boys stared at each other, wondering what to do next. They knew they had to finish constructing this before night falls... But how?

 

"Aish. We have nothing! How are we supposed to do this?!" Heechul grunted. "The woods are already cut up and piled neatly but then what?!!"

 

The woods are already cut up and piled neatly.

 

Sungmin was shocked at the words. "Wait, what?" he wanted to know whether he just heard wrongly. Heechul just scoffed and sat down.

 

"Why hyung, what's wrong?" Donghae put an arm on Sungmin's shoulder.

"Yesung-sshi, when you found these logs and woods... They were already piled up?" Sungmin asked.

"Yeah, and it was also piled when you got there, right?"

"You aren't the one who cut it?"

"No"

 

Sungmin bit his lip thoughtfully.

 

How could that be?

How could we be so stupid to not notice it earlier?!

 

"Hyung?" Donghae asked, concerned.

 

"The woods couldn't cut and pile themselves up, right?" Sungmin still couldn't believe the actual idea he had on his head and ended formulating weird ones. "What the hell!" Heechul said while Kyuhyun nodded, knowing what Sungmin was pointing out.

"Hyung, what's wrong?!" now both his brothers were asking him.

 

"If the woods didn't pile themselves up... And none of us did..." Sungmin started voicing out the sudden thought he had.

 

"...then there must be someone else out there who did it." Kyuhyun finished for him.

 

-----------------------

 

Oh, did anyone spot KyuMin moments? HAHAHA. I had to put  their moments in between, I just ship that couple hard. ;D And there's SeoKyu too~ :)) 

What did Taeyeon notice in the woods? Are KyuMin's deductions real? Will there ever be peace? :O 

 

Thanks for subscribing! Comments please! =)) 

 

PS: I was thinking of replacing Taeyeon with Kang Sora in this fic. I chose Taeyeon in the beginning because I wanted this story to be Super-Generation. However, I realized that I terribly love Teuk-Sora couple from WGM and I only realized it when their WGM ended. :( So... What do you guys think? Any Teuk-Sora shippers out there? 'Cause I'd still love to hear your opinions and not just replace a character immediately. 

So here's a poll. Please answer it and I'm going to base my decision on your answers. Thank you. :))))