Chapter 3:

A Perfect Summer?

 

Heechul gazed at Hyoyeon, amused. "Of course. I endorse this, wouldn't it be more weird if I never experience it personally?" he smirked then he turned to the boatman. "Yah. Aren't we going yet?! I'm already here!" The techie jerk, or so Donghae called him, put down his iPad for a moment and scoffed. "We waited for half an hour for you . What an attitude you got here." "Hey dude. It's not my fault my hair took 40 minutes to finish. The press are out there taking papparazzi shots. Well. Who're you anyway?" Heechul replied ever-so-coolly.

"Kyuhyun. Cho Kyuhyun." he replied with a smirk which made Heechul smile.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun... Why does the name sound so familiar?" Sungmin thought out loud. Kyuhyun turned his head questioningly and Sungmin took a better look on his face. "Oh. You work in SendBill, right? You're the company's main programmer." Sungmin said brightly. "I heard you're awesome." Kyuhyun shrugged and laughed "I know. But thanks for pointing out anyway."

 

"Excuse me, passengers." A musical voice spoke. "I'm the boatman, Yesung. We'll be leaving now. The trip to Haengbok island takes two hours at most. Hope you enjoy." The boat then started to leave the dock and no one noticed the clouds starting to turn darker.

 

-----------------------

 

20 minutes of the trip had passed. The wind was getting stronger and chillier and clouds were turning darker. The views remained the same; wide blue oceans and a couple of island sillhouettes ahead. Donghae is still trying to avoid meeting Jessica's eyes, and the other also did so. Kyuhyun is still busy with his iPad. Leeteuk, Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Eunhyuk were talking about the bar and Sungmin and the other girls enjoyed the scenery while Heechul was simply busy being handsome.

 

Everyone was taken out of their  apparent peacefulness when a sharp lightning struck followed immediately by a loud rumbling thunder. Donghae noticed the girl in front of him quickly cover her ears and close her eyes. "Y-You're afraid?" He gathered the courage to ask. The girl looked at him with her doe-like eyes and Donghae was struck by her pureness. She swallowed and smiled almost reassuringly but when a louder thunder came she docked down which made Donghae think she is really adorable. He held her hand and said "You know, I was also afraid of thunders when I was young." Her eyes whispered him "really?" and he continued "Until senior year. But... S-someone taught me a way to uh... overcome that fear."

Then he stopped, as if realizing something. Instinctively, he looked sideways, and his eyes locked with Jessica's who was looking straight at them, biting her lower lip. The instant she knew he saw her, she removed her gaze. As if right on cue, another loud thunder rumbled making Donghae absently squeeze the girl's hands.

He turned and fixed her gaze at her shocked and scared eyes and gently said "Every time you hear the thunder, just think that... ... That it's me. Saying ..." he inhaled deeply... "Saying i Love you." He smiled and squeezed her hands once more before he let go and faced the ocean. The girl was speechless but by the next thunder she bit her lip and shut her eyes only for a moment and when she opened them again, she was greeted by Donghae's naturally attractive side-profile and she just caught herself smiling.

 

--------------------------------

 

Meanwhile, the next 10 minutes had been more and more terrible. The waves had started to grow stronger, making the boat move sideways... Left-right, left-right. As if they were being pingpong-ed by the waters.

 

"What's with these waves?!! Hey! No one even checked the weather?!" Heechul shouted to the boatman. "It must really be a thunderstorm" Taeyeon screamed. Yesung is now having trouble controlling the boat but he replied "Weather reports a while ago said we'll have a sunny day. I knew the clouds were signalling for this but the Senior in the port kept telling me that we should still go since everyone had already paid for this. Aish." 

"Fine. You could shut up now and just focus on driving this boat. I can't die, I'm too awesome to die in such a manner!" Heechul yelled back which made the others stare at him crazily and Hyoyeon shouted "You're impossible. The magazines said noting about your narcism!"

 

Then Sungmin tried to calmly tell the other passengers while looking under his seat "There must be life jackets under here." And when he pulled out a bright orange one, his brothers and the rest immediately looked under theirs too. Except for Kim Heechul. "No way. I'm not wearing that. It would look weird with my brown pants. I'm not turning into an orange tree." But Sungmin ignored the comment and taught the others how to properly secure the jackets. "It's up to you, darling. I'd rather be an orange tree than live under the sea..." Kyuhyun  sarcastically remarked even singing the last few words while tying his jacket. Stubbornly, Heechul got his and finally wore it.

 

"Does anyone not know how to swim?" Leeteuk asked anxiously as another huge wave hit the boat and made it tilt and move about half a meter to the right. No one answered and Leeteuk assumed that everyone does know. But Donghae's concerned and worried eyes shifted to Jessica. "She can't swim. She's always had a fear of water." He thought for he could sense the fear  carefully hidden in her poker face.

 

One tense-filled second passed and by the next second a very strong rain poured and the world turned dark. It was already impossible for Yesung to control it and he quickly wore his own lifejacket. The boat is swaying crazily and Hyoyeon and Taeyeon kept screaming. Sungmin glanced at Sunny and saw that she is already crying hard. He instinctively held his brothers hands and felt Donghae's fear as the younger hugged him.

 

It was all he could do to pray that they survive and wish that everything is a dream. But no. This is definitely a nightmare. The rumbling thunder and sharp lightnings, the crazy waves and hard pouring rain. And with the next huge wave... The boat tumbled down.

 

------------------------

 

There, everyone's been identified now. And so you see that there's a tiny KyuMin moment at the beginning. I don't do but I just can't resist putting my OTP. HAHA. And in the small bickering of Kyu and Heechul, you see how they didn't really got mad with each other... It's because they somewhat have same personalities. I'm enjoying Heechul's personality, it's always so fun to write about him. HAHA. :D 

Also, another Donghae couple is somewhat introduced... Are there any YoonHae shippers there? ^^ But there's also HaeSica .. So we'll see. ;)

It's comparatively short eh. But the next chapters are going to be the real thing. HAHAHA.

Comments? Very much appreciated!! :"> Thanks for subscribing~~ ^^