Chapter 4: Day one~

A Perfect Summer?

 

Slowly, slowly, Eunhyuk opened his eyes. His first thought was wondering whether he's dead. Dark clouds are on his view, though he remembered they were less darker than minutes ago. Or was that hours ago? Days ago?

He closed his eyes again... His world  is spinning but amidst the darkness, he visualized a ... A girl. Though her face was blurry, he saw her wearing two braids on either sides of her head and a bright smile which used to light up his world everytime.

That girl...

Her memories always appear everytime Eunhyuk is distressed. He tried holding on to her hazy image...

Her face. Her smile.

Until he heard a cough. Followed by another and another and with each one the image of the girl grew faint and gradually disappeared. Eunhyuk opened his eyes and forced his body to a sitting position but he got dizzier. He looked to the right and saw a figure, about two meters away, crouched and coughing hard. At first glance he saw the girl... The same girl in his vision. With the braids and all.

Impossible, he shook his head. He blinked thrice and when the girl stopped coughing, he finally saw clearly.

 

"Hy-Hyoyeon?" he called and she turned her head. Then he looked around him, bewildered, he asked "W-where are we?"

 

--------------------------

 

Because she's either too shy to admit or just can't put her pride down, Jessica hid the fact that she can't swim, or rather, the fact that she's afraid of waters. Until the very last second she's been hoping that they'll make it; that they'll reach the island in one piece. Okay, she knew she'd been wrong. Even so, luck hasn't really been on her side since the start of the day... Her breakfast toasts burned, the bus she rode had mechanical problems and made her walk what felt like more than mile with her high heels; moreover, the last person she wanted to meet was on the same boat as her. And when she thought things just can't get any worse, here she was... In an unknown island with 12 other strangers.

No, 9 strangers, her ex and his brothers. She slammed her hand on her face out of annoyance.

 

She hadn't slept since they reached here and has been sitting behind a coconut tree, clothes wet. She realized she wasn't too tired, considering how most of the people around her had slept after arriving and now after Hyukjae woke it's only Donghae left asleep.

 

"I ... I guess. I should thank him." she whispered while looking at him. He still remembered her fear of waters, in fact, he saved her. She had decided to just float with the help of her life jacket until a rescue boat arrives. But the instant the boat tumbled, she felt an arm grasp her from behind and when they finally surfaced, she saw Donghae smiled at her.

She bit her lip and crossed her eyebrows at the memory... Instead of thanking him or smiling back at least, she even stubbornly asked him to let her go but he was kind enough not to. He is a good swimmer, always has been, but she knew how much effort it must have taken him. She just... Didn't want to be a burden to him, no. It's the first time we've met in years and i'm troubling him. I'm rotten. He swam towards this nearest island, dragging me along. She thought.

 

As she stared at Donghae, she had a feeling of gratitude, pity and  well, regret. ... and though she couldn't or wouldn't quite admit... in her heart...

 

She still love Lee Donghae.

 

------------------------------

 

"I think I swallowed too much  saltwater" Hyoyeon explained her coughing. "You... really don't remember?" she asked Eunhyuk. He nodded.

"After the boat tumbled... I. Don't know..."

"Uhuh. You lost consciousness the moment we reached here. Must be because of the pressure on your broken arm."

 

Right. They had to swim since the boat unfortunately tumbled a little too far from shore.

"So... Where's everyone else?" he asked after only seeing his brother lying.

"They are looking around for..." then she stopped short as Eunhyuk slowly made his way, closing the distance between them two. "Why?" he asked. She shook her head...

 

I just c-can't believe I'm here... with you. Us two. Only.

 

Those were the words she almost said out loud. But she was speechless. Hyoyeon has been working at Teuk's bar at night and studying in a university at day. And ever since Eunhyuk started dancing there, she was captivated by his moves.

"Hyoyeon-ah" his words seemed nothing more than breaths. He's breathing real hard, his arm must be hurting seriously.

 

But oh my gosh, he's so hot.

 

"H-help". He whispered when they were only inches apart.

 

Eunhyuk asks for my help? Oh gosh! Have I died and went to heaven?

 

Hyoyeon almost squealed out of sheer delight, she was, after all, the self-proclaimed no. 1 fan of Eunhyuk.

 

She reached for his arm and carefully removed the bandage Taeyeon had put yesterday. She once lived with her farmer father in the countryside and learned a lot about herbs. "Wait here, I think I saw some cloves or ginger over there. They're effective for sprains." She said after glancing around. When she was about to stand she felt a cold hand grasp her arm. "Don't leave." Eunhyuk said with a pain-filled expression.

 

Hyoyeon had no choice but to sit again, her heart thumping so loudly. Hyuk's grip was getting tighter and she could feel his warm breath on her skin... the next second, just when she thought she's going to faint... he fainted, his face falling sideways right above Hyoyeon's lap. Out of nowhere, Hyoyeon caught herself carefully his damp reddish-brown hair.

 

-----------------------------

 

Sungmin's arms and legs were still sore from the swimming, just like everyone else's... But none of them had any option.

 

He can't help wondering how things turned this way when everything seemed perfect yesterday. Now they're stranded here, with people he haven't known yet and it's clear not everybody is getting along. Considering the heated arguments a while ago...

 

----------------------------

 

Two hours ago, he woke up after hearing Taeyeon crying out loud and Leeteuk calming her down.

 

"We're safe Taeng. Look around, there must be enough food to last us for a few days... And then people will rescue us. We'll be back in the bar in no time" He faked a smile and reached her hand.

"Stop faking smiles Teuk. A few days?! You mean we'll stay here a few days?! No way! I'd not last a few days!! I want to go home now oppa~!!" she wailed while pounding on his chest hard. A few feet away, Heechul was surveying the scene, wide infinite stretches of blue ocean in front of them; a hundred trees behind them which appear as woods; and here, the beach, sand scattered on the ground. He looked at the two and rolled his eyes "oh please, cut it!" he glared at them.

"Really." Kyuhyun smirked from the other side. "And you guys actually believe we could get out of here in a few days? Ha! Just look around us, no other signs of life... Who knows we might get to live here for a week. A month?" He narrowed his eyes at Taeyeon "A year?" Then Heechul threw a pebble and hit him in the leg. "Shut up! I'm not planning to be Robinson Cruser here. I have a commercial shoot next week."

 

"Correction. It's Robinson Crusoe not Robinson Cruser" Seohyun said, not even glancing at him. She had been "analyzing" the sand with her fingers. Kyuhyun and Heechul laughed out loud and the former ignored Seohyun's comment "I'm just kidding, anyway. I won't even last a week without my gadgets."

 

Yesung said "No worries. The port officials will realize that our boat never reached our actual destination, they'll send a rescue team soon"

"Yeah. Manager hyung will also miss me so he'll look for me sooner or later". Heechul answered.

"How narcisstic!" Yoona shook her head.

 

Leeteuk, unable to keep calm any longer, stood up abruptly, successfully grabbing everyone's attention. "Stop." it was all he said but it was enough to silence them all, even the crying Taeyeon beside him. Sungmin had to admire his sense of leadership.

 

"In the meantime, we should manage to live here. Survive. Seohyun-sshi. What should people do foremost when they find themselves stranded in an unknown island?" he asked and she blinked twice before answering. "Fire, Food, Shelter. I'd say it's practically important we find food sources now... It's a necessity... and besides, i'm starving." Her last statement was barely a whisper but it made Kyuhyun smile. "And firewood. During night, fire will be our only source of heat and light." she continued but Kyuhyun said "Nahh. I have this." he brought out what looked like a battery-operated matchbox or flashlight  or whatever gadget and tossed it in the air. "It emits light and heat." he smirked after catching it but Seohyun only rolled her eyes.

 

"Among those... Food is the most important, right?" Yesung commented. "Hence, we could at least pick some fruits on the trees over there".

 

"Yes" Seohyun answered "We could gather woods on the way as well. They're necessary to last us the night, against wild animals. Who knows."

"What?! Wild... We'll actually enter the woods?! Wouldn't it be dangerous? I mean..  there could be snakes or..." Taeyeon anxiously said but Leeteuk answered "Taeng, we'd die of starvation here sooner or later if we keep that attitude" and she sobbed once more.

 

"At least for now. Tomorrow we could go fishing" Yesung responded and Leeteuk nodded.

 

He obviously noticed Sungmin's anxious look on his brothers and said "I suggest we leave these two boys here since they're asleep. And Hyoyeon too, to look at them, yes?" he gazed at a half-awake Hyoyeon. She nodded.

 

"I suggest ... i suggest we leave that girl as well." Yesung gently said while motioning his head towards Yoona's direction. "She looks unwell."

"Now that you point it out..." Leeteuk said while walking towards Yoona. She looked really pale and her eyes were dull as well as her face. She sat in an indian sitting position and started waving her hands "No. No. No. I'm fine"

"You should rest Miss". Leeteuk politely but firmly stated.

 

"Well then, I suggest I be left here as well, I don't think you actually expect Space Big Star to explore a deserted island, do you?" Heechul said, an eyebrow raised.

"Oh let me tell you, we do expect you." Yesung replied with a smile which made the other fill with annoyance.

"Why you---"

 

"And I suggest we all start now?" Sungmin finally stood, ending the arguments. He didn't even bothered looking if they were following and he proceded walking. After a couple of steps, he noticed Sunny sitting on the other side of the beach, about a hundred feet from the group. She is hugging her knees, head bowed. And she seemed to be... Sobbing.

 

The scene was enough for Sungmin to stop walking and change direction.

 

----------------------------

NOTE: WORDS IN ITALICS MEAN THAT THEY ARE SOMEONE'S THOUGHTS. ONLY WORDS THAT ARE INSIDE QUOTATIONS (" ") ARE WHAT THEY ACTUALLY SAY. :))) 

And yes... tententenen.. Jessica is still in love with Donghae. Wait why has HaeSica seem to be the lead pairing here? XD Sorry, but my plans were for SunSun to be leads. ;)) But HyoHyuk. Hyoyeon is really outspoken but when it comes to Eunhyuk she becomes shy. She's a fan, after all. The truth is, HyoHyuk's plot here is what I enjoyed writing most. Hihihi. :D Anyway, I love making Kyuhyun and Heechul evil.  'Cause that's what they are. Bwahahaha. /:) but i'd love your comments more so please comment and subscribe. I hope you enjoyed this chapter~ Thank youuu! :**