Chapter 15: More Troubles

A Perfect Summer?

 "Oh finally, Carbs!" Taeyeon squealed a little too ecstatically as she ran towards Sungmin and Sunny, helping them carry the Camotes. Although Taeyeon does her best -it is undeniable for her  unusual excitement- she couldn't hide the tension building up among the group. She shot Seohyun a look that yelled "Help!" and the latter obediently reacted. "Yes. It has been long since we ate carbohydrates. It gives us energy" she said, obviously trying hard to be giddy.

 

"Yes great. Carbs. We'll now have  just enough energy to live in this island for a few more, what? Years?" Heechul sarcastically scoffed. "Heechul-sshi, who ever said we're staying for years?!" Hyoyeon's eyebrows crumpled and Heechul turned his gaze at her before glaring at Yesung. "Mr. screen-name-using-boatman"

 

"Heechul-sshi, I never said anything--" Yesung bit his lip, enduring but Heechul cut him with a loud yell "You just told us to wait a little longer. How much longer then? One day, two days? One week? One month? What?!" he pressed and Hyoyeon was scared that Yesung would suddenly explode; he's been clenching his fist so tightly now.

 

Kyuhyun finally stood up and turned serious -like a totally different person from his usual sneaky self- and firmly tapped Yesung's shoulder. "Calm down Heechul-sshi" he said in a very stern tone.

 

"Can you even hear yourself?" Heechul faked a laugh. "Calm down, eh? How am I supposed to calm down? How are we supposed to calm down? Ah. 'Cause you guys don't really have an image to protect so you won't get it. I'm the only superstar here anyway" he shrugged. "How would my fans feel if the headlines say Kim Heechul, Missing? Or Kim Heechul Most likely Dead? Do you think the media will be smart enough to report that Space Big Star is actually keeping calm and cozy in some unknown island?" He lifted his head up, frustrated.

 

"We get it, okay? I'm sorry you had to get caught in my series of unfortunate events. Would you shut up now?" Jessica said without even moving her gaze away from the wide ocean. She stood up, brushed the sand away from her jeans and walked towards their hut, not even paying the group a single glance.

 

Heechul answered "You don't have to be sorry for someone else's fault!" glaring back at Yesung.

 

"Heechul-sshi, please stop. No one wanted us to end up this way..." Leeteuk said with his superior-ish tone but his glare didn't flinch. "Maybe. But if only this guy here had bothered to check the weather or controlled the boat better or prevented it from capsizing or I don't know! We wouldn't be.. Oh fine, maybe it's my fault as well for endorsing your port. Don't worry, first thing I'll do when we get back is cancel my contract. Second thing is either have you fired or have that stupid port closed for good" Heechul huffed angrily and stomped away...

 

-------------------------------------

 

Jessica's eyes widened for like 20 milliseconds before she rolled it annoyedly. "They're fighting outside and all, yet you two are so... cuddled up" she commented upon seeing Donghae assisting Yoona to get out the hut's door.

 

"Ah! No Jessica-sshi. He just helped me" she replied going away from Donghae's hold. "Yeah sure" Jessica shrugged.

"Who's fighting?" Donghae asked and Jessica just moved her head to motion for the direction the others were. The two turned their looks to that side while Jessica entered the hut.

 

Donghae looked back and peeped at the hut only to see Jessica hugging her knees, head bowed, sitting in a far corner of the small room. He felt a pinch in his heart but decided to move on towards the others with Yoona.

 

----------------------------------

 

"What happened to Heechul-sshi?" Sunny asked curiously to no one in particular. Yesung shrugged and Seohyun explained briefly. How this morning, after Sungmin, Eunhyuk, Leeteuk and Yesung went out to gather food, and the girls were left in the hut with Donghae. Kyuhyun and Heechul went out for some air.

 

Soon, Sunny skidded off to walk as well. That was when Heechul returned feeling annoyed with Kyuhyun following him.

 

"He just went insane suddenly." Kyuhyun shook his head. "So rude, Kyuhyun-sshi! It must be your fault why he's suddenly irritated, isn't it?" Seohyun frowned and continued explaining. "Anyways, when he came back he came across Yesung-sshi who just brought a couple of logs"

 

"I was telling Hyoyeon-sshi that I'm planning to make a new boat with these logs when Heechul-sshi came." Yesung said. "I asked him where you guys are and that we should start making a boat and just wait a little we'll soon get out of here when he suddenly threw the logs away from my arms"

 

"So that was the loud thud..." Sunny nodded as she slowly understood.

 

"Yeah, he kept blaming Yesung-sshi for what happened and saying that he should build that boat alone 'cause it's his fault anyway" Seohyun continued. "And that's when you came, I guess... Where have you been anyway Sunny-sshi?"

 

"Uh... I..." Her eyes wandered then landed on Sungmin's face beside her before she dropped her gaze "Just walking around..." she felt herself blush a little for remembering that she went out to look for Sungmin in particular.

 

"Next time don't go off walking alone okay. We're not really sure if this island is safe" Sungmin smiled charmingly and she felt herself blush some more.

 

"Yah. What really happened when you "went out for some air", huh?" Seohyun, making air quotes with her fingers, asked Kyuhyun. "Nothing" he shrugged. "We just talked about how i couldn't stay longer without my gadgets and that I feel like dying soon but he countered me saying he'll die sooner because of all this mishap. He says he misses his fans but I think it must be the fame and luxury. Well either way it's not really my fault okay, miss smarties." Seohyun frowned at the name but Yesung let out a bitter laugh.

 

"I'm sorry guys. It's my fault really. I shouldn't have failed in maneuvering that boat..."

 

"Yesung-sshi..." Taeyeon worriedly muttered but Yesung smiled faintly. "I'll grab some more logs in the woods, I don't think these are enough for a boat" he said glancing at the pieces of wood scattered over the sand. He then went off to the woods with a sullen aura around him.

 

Hyoyeon sighed, sitting down crossed-legged on the sand. "I feel bad for Yesung-sshi, but I feel bad for Heechul-sshi too. I was not really a fan of his but... it seems that he genuinely cared for his fans, eh?"

 

Sunny nodded thoughtfully while Sungmin's thoughts returned to  the episode of his quarrel Eunhyuk about this little fan of his. He thought that Hyoyeon must feel bad for Heechul because she knew his worries, being a fangirl herself. Only, she was a fan not of Heechul, but of his brother.

 

"Um, by the way, has anyone seen Eunhyukkie?" Sungmin questioned to which the others shook their heads and Taeyeon answered "Wasn't he with you?"

 

"No. He left the woods earlier... I-- I'll just go look for him." He placed the camotes he's been carrying all this time carefully to the ground and prepared to jog off when Sunny said "Can I go too?"

 

"Eh?" Sungmin was utterly surprised, what with the words his brother told him he was really confused. "But if you don't want then--" Sunny bowed her head and Sungmin answered "No. Uh. Wait. I-- I mean No I want... Uh. Yes I want."

 

Sunny's eyebrows furrowed and Kyuhyun can't help but laugh. "Stop stuttering dude, Sunny-sshi he meant 'yes sure you can go with me i'd love it if you come with me let's go.'" he said in one breath.

 

Sungmin and Sunny shot a crazily grinning Kyuhyun equally confused gazes until Sungmin turned to her and smiled. "Let's go"

 

-----------------------------------

 

"Oh Yoona-sshi, are you okay now?" Taeyeon asked and Yoona nodded. She and Donghae had just reached the group.

 

"What's wrong with her?" Donghae pointed at a panicked Hyoyeon who kept pacing back and forth restlessly. "Hyoyeon-sshi, come sit, let's eat!" He called over as he reached for some food.

 

"Eunhyuk-sshi is missing how could you guys linger here calmly?!" Hyoyeon yelled while the others just sighed while eating their camotes.

 

"Hyung is missing?!" Donghae's eyebrows furrowed.

"YES! Sungmin-sshi and Sunny-sshi went off to find him. Ohmygosh. What if he got hurt by wolves or bears or--"

 

"You really think I'd be that weak?" Eunhyuk snickered from behind then sat beside her.

 

"Oh my gosh! Are you alright?" Hyoyeon looked straight at Eunhyuk's eyes, frantically looking for a sign that nothing bad really happened. He flinched... Those eyes. They resembled another pair of brownish eyes so perfectly.

"Huh? You aren't hurt right?" she blinked.

 

Smiling charmingly, and taking his mind away from the weird thoughts, he touched Hyoyeon's head and muttered in his slightly sensual voice "Yes, I'm fine. Did I make you worry?"

 

Hyoyeon bit her lower lip to keep herself from squealing as she sighed out of relief. A rock suddenly hit Eunhyuk in the leg.

 

"Yah Mr. Casanova! Your brother is worriedly looking for you right now." Kyuhyun said before munching on his food. "Hyung?" Eunhyuk asked, a little too guiltily. He bowed his head and sighed before grabbing two pieces of camotes and giving the other to Hyoyeon. "You haven't eaten right? I'm sorry I made you worry" he said, changing the topic; trying to keep himself angry at his brother for "being too much". He appreciated the way his brother is taking care of them but at times he thinks he's being over himself.

 

I don't like him gripping my neck like this. Now he's even getting in the way of my love life? No way.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"I'm sure he's fine..." Sunny said with concern as she and Sungmin walked together. She sees worry written all over his face and she's starting to worry too, for Sungmin.

 

He scanned the scenery for any signs of life but besides his and Sunny's breathing and footsteps, there was nothing. She watched him as he called out Eunhyuk's name only to be answered by a gush of wind.

 

Despite these, though, she felt happy. No, maybe happy is too much to ask from this lonely island. But at least she felt something that resembled happiness in her heart. And the reason for this weird emotion, this feeling that she never thought she would find in this place, is right in front of her. His careful treads, his voice that sounded almost musical to her ears and his ... Basically everything, anything about him has started to attract her.

 

But now she hated seeing him so worried and frantic and yet she couldn't do anything. He has always been protecting her, helping her and she thought that now should be the time she be able to help him back.

 

With all her might, she yelled "Eunhyuk-sshi!". She felt Sungmin  shoot her a glance, apparently an appreciative one, briefly before he too yelled again. He was right beside her, a yard away, not wanting to lead because he won't be able to see her if she suddenly got lost; and not wanting to stay behind because Sunny wouldn't know the way. She liked it this way too. She felt safe.

 

They walked a few more feet and she became too immersed in finding Eunhyuk that she didn't notice a steep and slippery slope was ahead of her.

 

"Kyaaaaa!"

 

Sungmin was startled at the high-pitched scream and saw Sunny slip down. He jogged to her and knelt in front, caressing her face with both his palms. "Did it hurt? Omo. I'm sorry. I got too--" he sighed "I'm sorry I didn't prevent you from falling"

 

His eyes were looking straight at hers and she had to look away- shifting her gaze to her leg. "Ah.. No. I'm just stupid that's why I--"

 

But she was cut short when Sungmin hugged her, gently wrapping both his arms around her and whispered with a voice warm as summer "I'm sorry. I'll protect you better next time."

 

With that, she felt her heart beat so loudly and rapidly that she was afraid Sungmin would feel it; their bodies were tightly pressed together as Sungmin hugged her. She was speechless, and breathless; she's never felt this way before... This emotion that is so overwhelming that it numbed all other feelings. She hadn't even felt that there was a huge wound in her left leg that has been bleeding excessively until Sungmin pointed it out.

 

"Oh no. We have to get this treated. Let's go back"

"N-no. Eunhyuk-sshi... He--" she countered but Sungmin put his index finger on her lips.

"You told me you're sure he's fine right? I think so too... But you're not... So let's go back now. Okay?" he smiled reassuringly. Sunny nodded, feeling the beating of her heart get louder and faster than ever...

 

-------------------------------------

 

Although Eunhyukkie and Heenim are being a bit mean/bad here... Well, they have their own thoughts and sides of the story so they're not really the obnoxious type. Please don't hate me for making them a bit mean. :))

And oh, I looove your ideas. HAHA. Yeah, the loud thud were only woods falling down. Comparing it with your thoughts, I think that mine's too lame. Haha. 

 

So from now on, I have decided that I will reply to some comments. ^^ Not all though, but only some... the ones that are really really interesting. Don't get me wrong, I do appreciate ALL of your comments.. =)) ♥

So here.. ~ 

 

@ilovehaesica your guess was close~ That's cool. HAHA. Only, it wasn't Sica but Heenim. ^^

@supergenerations_25 Haha, well, Hyuk... well he isn't really the bad guy. You'll see ;D

@itzy104 your comment is so so nice i enjoyed it. HAHA. Very imaginative, the real thing looks so lame compared to your idea. Hihihi. =)))

@SooSunSica I love your comment. You really thought about what happened, huh? =)))) As for Yoona... well I don't want to spoil anything so just continue subscribing please. =) ~

 

-- I might as well reply to older comments.. So yeah ^____^

 

@_haeshika Thank you for enumerating the points you liked on this story. I'm happy that you're enjoying all those things. I'll do my best to update better. =))

@raSUNGYU I looove your idea and description about the wild tribe in the island. HAHA. Well who knows... Maybe there really is? kekeke. ^__^

@KpopVince15 You're the first to look for him. Hooray. =D Well... his role isn't present at the moment. He'll appear eventually so please stay tuned. ^^

 

There. I'll try to reply to more comments later on. A lot were asking for more HaeSica. You can expect them, also SeoKyu, in the upcoming chapters. I'm doing my best to put moments for other couples as well. Lots of SunSun too. Hihihihi. <333 

 

Such a long author note here. Oh well, Thanks for subscribing and please comment more. =))))