Chapter 6: Names and Screennames

A Perfect Summer?

 

"So, does anyone know to build fires?" Taeyeon broke the awkward silence in the group. They were all gathered standing, staring at the stack of woods, pieces of berries and bundle of coconuts in front of them. Jessica crossed her arms, extremely annoyed by everything, while Leeteuk had been tapping his foot impatiently. Yesung went near the woods "I'll try". He arranged the woods together and began "building a fire". 10 minutes and Sunny, Yoona and Jessica sat down stressed out, 15 minutes and Sungmin suggested he and his brothers open the coconut while Heechul had been yelling "Are you sure you know how?!" 20 minutes had passed until finally the smallest line of smoke formed, evoking excitement from the girls. After 30 minutes, the group were sitting around a huge bonfire.

 

A few feet away, the brothers tried with all their might to open the coconuts. Eunhyuk couldn't do a thing because of his arm. Donghae and Sungmin were both having trouble since they got no knife, no tool, no nothing.

 

"It would be awesome if we had marshmallows" Hyoyeon said cheerfully to which everyone rolled their eyes. "It would be awesome if we had anything. We didn't even eat lunch!!" Taeyeon countered. "We've got berries here." Yoona exclaimed reaching for the berries. She's suddenly turned into their resident optimist. "Right. I picked that." Yesung said, proudly.

 

"Wait! Is there any way to make sure those berries are safe?" Seohyun cried. Kyuhyun reached one from Yoona's hand and said "Yeah. Only one way to know..." and he suddenly put it in his mouth. Seohyun screamed "Waaait!" but there was no way she could stop him since she's on the other side of the fire and he was already chewing it.

 

Everyone was startled by Kyuhyun's actions but he just smiled slyly and shrugged "See, I lived! Hahahaha" And all Seohyun could do was a facepalm. Soon, everyone were eating the berries. Seohyun, still skeptical, observed the berry in her fingers; it was the size of a lychee, red, plump and looking oh-so-sweet and juicy. Finally she bit it... and she found herself reaching for another one.

 

The three brothers sat back on the group circle, exhausted. "There's no way to open these, we haven't even a knife" Donghae declared and the people who were craving for food dropped their shoulders. Eunhyuk sat beside Yoona and asked "do you still have berries?" flipping his hair coolly, smiling... flirting. She gave him some, and he passed the others to his brothers.

 

"Excuse me? Where shall we spend the night?" Sunny finally spoke. "Right..." was all Leeteuk could muster. The sun was about to set and they still haven't thought of it. "We could sleep under the trees--" He suggested which made Sunny's jaw drop and Kyuhyun, Heechul and Jessica exclaim "No way!"

 

The sun had turned red and golden yellow, scattering colors every where but the group were still gray. Troubled, tired and stressed. "At this state of my body, I'd actually sleep anywhere" Taeyeon remarked.

"Just put up to it. Just for tonight. I guess we got no choice but sleep under the trees' shade... or here if you like" Sungmin said moving his eyes around everyone who were intently listening. "Tomorrow we shall build a shelter of some sort." And after a few moments of thinking they all nodded. Eunhyuk put his free arm around his hyung's shoulder. "Okay!! So now, I guess we should at least know each other? Continue what happened at the boat?" Jessica rolled her eyes and was about to stand up when Donghae said "Let's do as he says. After all, we'll spend quite some time together, won't we?" His gaze was enough to make Jessica sit back.

 

Eunhyuk clasped his hands together. "Shall I start? I'm Lee Eunhyuk." and his brothers looked at him with questioning eyes.  Sungmin mouthed "Hyukjae?!"  but he proceded "Middle child of the owner of SendBill" he winked at Sunny who didn't even flinch. He then nudged Donghae beside him. He touched the back of his head. Jessica was struck by how his mannerisms hadn't changed. "Lee Donghae. This is my hyung Sungmin..." he glanced at Jessica who, as he thought, wasn't looking at him.

 

"Cho Kyuhyun." he said, fiddling with his watch. Heechul threw a pebble in the air, and after catching it exclaimed "Of course you all know me. Kim Heechul, Space Big Star".

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and asked herself whether she really had to do this but she ended up doing so. Eunhyuk blurted out "Jessica?!" and all heads turned to him. "Donghae-ah isn't--" but Sungmin tapped his hand on his brother's thigh, stopping him while Jessica was glaring at them. She exhaled and said to the person beside her "You're next"

 

Hyoyeon was surprised but cheerfully said "Kim Hyoyeon." even bowing a bit. "I am Kim Taeyeon, and he's Park... Leeteuk" Taeyeon said. "Lee Sun... Sunny" and Yesung half-mindedly muttered "Kim Jongwoon"

 

"Hey! I thought you're Ye.. Yesung?" Heechul asked.

"What?" He was brought back to his senses. "Uh. Yeah.. But. It's something personal. I'm. I'm yesung". He bit his lip. "Then call me Seohyun." the girl beside him said.

"Yah! Are all of you guys using screen names?! I'm the celebrity here!" Heechul yelled over the fire. Sunny bit her lip, almost guilty, fortunately no one noticed. "I told you it's something personal!" Yesung yelled back. "Aish!" Heechul threw the pebble above the other's head, landing just behind Yesung. "You. You're last right?! Say it, so this is finished. Fuu--" he yelled. "Y-yoona. Im yoona" she said faintly as Donghae was saying "You don't have to shout at her" his voice firm.

 

"What?!" Heechul glared at him, standing.

"I said, don't shout at her" he stood as well. Heechul was making his way nearer to Donghae and everyone could feel the tension "I shout when i want to" he snapped when they were face to face with each other.

 

"Heechul-sshi" Kyuhyun stood up, at the same time as Sungmin and Eunhyuk. Sungmin held his brother's hand "Come on". The two were still glaring at each other and Sungmin worriedly gripped his brother's hand tighter until Donghae finally listened to his hyung. The three brothers went away first. Heechul snickered and was just about to mock him when Jessica stood up and muttered under her breath "He still hasn't changed" before quickly turning away from the group. "Jessica-sshi! It might not be safe to--" Leeteuk called out but she snobbed him and ran instead. Heechul said "I'll follow her!" while already catching up to her.

 

Realizing that they were left with nothing to do, Kyuhyun sat back down and played with a stick, poking the fire. Hyoyeon pondered about Eunhyuk's reaction to Jessica.

 

Sunny hugged her knees and sighed "I... Never thought things would turn out this way" and everyone looked at her. A freezing breeze blew, emphasizing the cold and troubled aura around the island. Yoona crept her way nearer to Sunny and put an arm around her shoulder. "Everything will be fine, I guess..." and it was all they could do to try to believe those words.

 

------------------------------

Yay this story is no longer on hiatusss~ Hihihi. So I just thought that everyone should at least get to know each other's names first, yeah? HIHI. This is rather short but Donghae and Heechul are already having skirmishes. ;) Are some of them  really using 'screen names'? Why? Who are they? And who are they really?  Please subscribe and learn about it in the next chapters okieee?

Oh, I forgot. The ages for this story will be as follows:

Leeteuk, Taeyeon, Kangin and Yesung are 27;

Sungmin, Sunny, Kyuhyun, and Seohyun are 25;

Hyuk, Hyo, Heenim, Kibum and Yoona are 24;

Sica and Hae are 23. :)))

And Comments are greatly appreciated! Thanksss =))