Chapter 21: Over Pranks

A Perfect Summer?

 

"What are you thinking about?" Seohyun broke the silence that has lingered between them a bit too long.

Kyuhyun shrugged. "Punishment?"

 

She tilted her head and he continued. "Well. We have rules but you didn't say what happens to whoever breaks them..."

 

"Oh, right." she nodded thoughtfully.

"I have something in mind."

She turned at him, skeptical. "And that is?"

 

Kyuhyun shifted in his seat, scooting closer to her. She didn't flinch though she didn't notice how she's started holding her breath. He moved closer, closer...

 

"Whoever breaks it. Will have to." he said with a low, seductive voice "Kiss the other person."

 

"Whaa--" Seohyun's jaw practically dropped. "What are you saying?!" Kyuhyun kept moving closer and she started to back up. His eyes were so fixed on her it made her uncomfortable.

 

"Hey, you. Yah! Stop! What do you think you're doing?" she kept backing up until her back hit a tree trunk. She glanced at it for a second and looked back at Kyuhyun who had a smirk on his face, just inches away from hers.

 

"This is against rule number two!" she yelled but he just giggled. "Then I'll have to do my punishment. Now."

 

Breathing heavily, nervous, she had a loss for words until suddenly Kyuhyun sat back, away from her and laughed loudly.

 

Seohyun bit her lip, fighting the urge to smack him him in the face right there. Ugh. How could there be a person this annoying. "How could you joke like that?!" she yelled, gritting her teeth.

 

"You were so serious. Calm down." he answered, trying to catch his breath.

She stood up without a word and started walking.

 

"Hey, Seohyun-sshi, wait up!"

She kept walking.

"Seohyun-sshi! I was just kidding, look."

Seohyun started running. He sighed and ran as well, trying to catch up with her. When...

 

Thug.

 

She stumbled upon a rock in her way. Reaching her, Kyuhyun got down on his knees to check on her. Bruises covered her elbows and her jeans got more tattered than ever.

 

"Aigoo." Kyuhyun mumbled while gently assisting her up. She pulled her arms away from his and sat down, rubbing her elbow with the back of her hand.

"Does it hurt?" his tone was worried.

No answer.

"Let me see..."

Seohyun turned away, blew on her injury.

Kyuhyun sighed, "Fine. But you know... This is against rule number four..."

Seohyun bit her lip, glaring at him and seeing him stifle a smile makes her more frustrated.

"You may do your punishment now Ms. Seo." a faint laugh escaped his lips.

"Do you really enjoy seeing me frustrated?!"

He turned to her, voice serious. "Quite. But I don't enjoy seeing you hurt. Trust me."

She chewed on her lip, weighing his words.

"So let me see your injury now. I'll take care of it."

 

Slowly, Kyuhyun reached to look at her elbow and she let him. "Does it hurt?"

"Bearable. Come on, let's move on"

"You sure?"

She nodded and was about to stand up when Kyuhyun didn't let go of her arm, disallowing her to move.

"What?!" she yelled.

"Stop yelling at me."

"Let go."

"You still have a punishment"

 

She scoffed. "What the-- How could a kiss be a punishment!"

"Because you dislike it. And so do I."

"It seems you like it though..." she forcibly pulled her arm away.

Kyuhyun laughed sarcastically. "Of course not! Which is why it is a punishment. For your information, I'd never want to kiss a gadget-hating, stick-to-the-rule little miss smarty."

 

She exhaled; she knew he was mean, evil even. But the way he said it, like kissing her is such a detestable thing to do was beyond her. It totally struck her. "Fine. As if I'd want to kiss you. You're so... Ugh!" she threw her hands in the air and walked as fast as she could. She had to get away from him, she had to control herself, her tears.

 

Kyuhyun sat there, watching her walk away but keeping her within his sight. He sighed. Cho Kyuhyun, I think you got overboard there. He muttered, ruffling his hair as he stood up to follow her.

 

-----------------------------------

 

"But hyung... Do you think it's fine that... you know, Donghae."

Sungmin glanced at Eunhyuk and smiled, reassuringly.

"He's managed to confront her last time... I'm sure he could."

The younger let out a soft laugh. "You know, I think he's becoming less childish as days pass..."

"Yeah?"

 

"Must be his hanging out with that girl..."

 

The brothers turned to Hyoyeon who immediately added, "Uh, no. Nevermind. I shouldn't be joining in you family talks--"

"Who? Yoona?" Eunhyuk asked.

She nodded. "I mean. She's so... Optimistic. Mature."

"Right. And pretty too." Sungmin added.

 

"Is she your type?!" a voice that had been quiet since the frogs attacked suddenly spoke up. Sunny. With a small pout and questioning eyes directed straight at Sungmin.

 

He turned to her, startled. She was staring straight at him; the wind blowing her short blonde hair. Sungmin blinked, unsure of what to answer when Eunhyuk suddenly draped his arm on Sunny's shoulder, earning a frown from both girls. "Why, Sunny-sshi?"

 

She took his arm off and bit her lip embarrasedly. "N-nothing. I'm just asking."

"But you're blushing Sunny-sshi..." Sungmin murmured which made her cover her cheeks with both hands. "What? No!"

Eunhyuk laughed. "I'll tell you a secret, Sunny-sshi."

 

Hyoyeon exhaled through her nose, thoroughly frustrated while Sungmin's eyebrows crumpled. His brother leaned down near Sunny's ear and whispered something...

 

"WHAT?!" Sunny yelled, eyes wide, shifting her gaze from Eunhyuk to Sungmin.

"Wh-why? What did he say?" Sungmin asked her, worried. Hyoyeon tapped her foot impatiently, the curiosity was killing her.

"Yah. Lee Hyukjae! What did you tell her?" he yelled at his brother who had a very innocent expression.

"I don't believe you." Sunny pouted.

"Hey, Sunny-sshi. What did he tell you?" he asked with a gentler tone. She gazed at him for a moment; Eunhyuk's words repeating on her head. "No. No. No. It wasn't... It's nothing. Really."

 

Smacking his brother's arm, Sungmin said "Aish. You scared her again, didn't you." But Eunhyuk simply smiled and turned to Hyoyeon. "We should head back, before it gets dark. Right?"

 

But Hyoyeon had already tuned out the conversation since the words "Lee Hyukjae..."

 

---------------------------------

 

The sun was fading in the horizon and Kim Heechul was rubbing his forehead, utterly frustrated. "What did I tell you. Ugh. All our efforts! Wasted!"

 

They were just making their way back to camp, shoes and slippers all worn off; fatigue evident on their faces... the awkwardness even made the trip more hardly bearable.

 

Yoona cleared , hoping to lighten the atmosphere for the nth time. "I guess the other groups found him. They should've. Right?"

Jessica sighed, "Yes. They should've. We're hopeless."

"Our trip could have been successful if someone here hadn't stopped walking every ten meters..." Donghae sighed while Heechul scoffed. "But it's tiring!"

"But we wouldn't be supposed to do this had it not been for... you know. A certain someone" Donghae glared.

"So what's your damn point?!"

"That had you not fought with Yesung-sshi, this wouldn't have happened!"

 

Yoona nervously placed her palm on Donghae's shoulder. The two guys were glaring at each other, Heechul ready to punch the other any time. "G-guys. Look. We--"

 

But Jessica had cut her short with a frustrated sigh. "Just freaking punch each other in the face now will you! I'm so tired of your word wars!"

"But Jessica-sshi!" Yoona was flabbergasted.

The other girl grabbed her wrist. "Come with me Yoona-sshi."

"Huh? Wh-where?"

"J-jessica..." Donghae mumbled and she flinched a little at the mention of her name. "Don't worry. I'm not going to leave her alone to rot in the woods. I'm not as evil as you think, Hae."

 

The bitterness in her tone was so strong that when she half-dragged Yoona away, the two men just watched them go.

 

--------------------------------

 

"Oh. But they aren't back yet..." Eunhyuk said when they arrived at their empty camp. He added some woods to the almost dying fire and eventually it blazed a bright flame. Afterwards he laid on the sand and closed his eyes.

 

Just as he was about to drift to sleep, something nudged against his thigh. He shifted a little, so tired to mind it. But it was repeated, again... And again. With more force than the first. And that's when Eunhyuk felt that it was apparently a shoe... Kicking him.

 

He sat up. "What?!" and upon looking up, saw his brother with a cold stare. "Wh-what?" he repeated, with a little more tensed tone.

 

"What did you tell her?"

With that, Eunhyuk smirked. "So you haven't figured out?" For he was relieved that he still had time to prepare himself before he gets a taste of Sungmin's martial arts.

"Hyukjae! I'm not kidding. What did you tell her?!"

Eunhyuk stood up, brushing sand away. "Hyung. It's Eunhyuk."

"Lee Hyukjae." Sungmin repeated, one eyebrow raised and Eunhyuk smiled.

"Why are you so interested? It's our little secret. Actually... My little... Experiment."

"Experiment?" Sungmin's eyes narrowed.

His brother shrugged. "If you want to know so badly, why not ask her?"

"Because I already did. And she would just stare at me and shake her head."

Eunhyuk snickered, "That's all she did?"

"Yes... Well, no. She asked my favorite color and I told her it's pink and she looked like she was just about to cry!"

That plus Sungmin's mixed confused and annoyed expression made Eunhyuk double-over.

Sungmin kicked his leg and he ended up lying on the sand, dying from laughter.

 

"Seriously. What did you tell her, Hyukjae?!"

Eunhyuk was wiping tears from his eyes when he figured that it must be better that he tell his brother now since no nunchacks can be found in a 50km radius.

 

"Hyung." he began, still catching his breath. "I... I told her... You're gay."

 

Sungmin’s eyes widened at first as he absorbed what his brother just said and the expression that crossed his face right after made Eunhyuk regret his decision. He swears his brother looked like he could rip off his neck using bare hands.

He swallowed while slowly backing up. "I told you it was an experiment..."

"Are you crazy?!!!! What experiment?!!!!" Sungmin yelled though he wasn't really waiting for an answer as he started smacking his brother’s arm countless times. "Aish. Seriously! You!"

 

And Eunhyuk probably would've really ended up with a ripped neck if they hadn't heard a sudden loud feminine scream somewhere in the distance...

 

--------------------------

 

Haha. I am so sorry that this took long before I updated (as usual) And I think this fic is getting crazier. To think that our choding yoona was described as mature... Haha. Really sorry. My head's just all messed up with all the academic requirements for school... you know, exams and stuff...

 

But what did Jessica speak to Yoona about? Will Kyuhyun ever make up with Seohyun? How will Sungmin explain (and prove) to Sunny that Eunhyuk simply trolled her?  Whose scream incidentally saved Eunhyuk's life and why did she scream? Please subscribe and comment~

 

Thank you! ^o^