Chapter 16: Falling...

A Perfect Summer?

Kyuhyun stared at the blue endless ocean ahead of him. He sat crossed-legged on the sand, calm and peaceful.

Behind him, about five meters away, Seohyun stood, arms crossed, beside Taeyeon when Leeteuk joined them. "What's up?" he greeted with a neutral tone. "Nothing." Taeyeon shrugged before adding... "Everything's down oppa. Everything... Everyone"

 

"Is that Kyuhyun-sshi? Why, did you fight again?" he turned to Seohyun who, for perhaps is the first time since, slightly flinched. "N-no" she shook her head twice but inside she had been wondering whether it was really her fault why the geek is acting this way. Had he really took to heart my blaming him of why Heechul is upset?

 

She laughed to herself. No, he's definitely not the type to be emotionally sensitive. She turned to Leeteuk "Must be missing his gadgets so much..."

"He's surprisingly serious. Why isn't he bickering with you?"

"He'll explode soon" she commented and began counting in her head. She hadn't even reached ten when Kyuhyun stood abruptly and yelled "Ugh. I can't do this!!" ruffling his brown curls with his hand.

 

"Told you" Seohyun smiled and walked away. She wanted to be alone; she's being too bothered by the tiny voice in her head to be able to socialize. That's not really nice Seo Joohyun. Pointing fingers at other people without even knowing the real story.

 

For a girl who lived all her life making and following rules for herself, she has an unusually strong conscience. It isn't really weird. Being the daughter of a church pastor and a school's guidance councilor, being prim and proper has always been her law. And now she felt like she had just violated one.

 

Should I say sorry?

 

But come to think of it, I really have said a lot of irresponsibly formulated words. We've only just met and yet I already fought with him too much. Tsk tsk.

 

She sighed. But he'll just laugh at me.

 

Just thinking of it made her frown. The guy really gets in her nerves everytime. The evil smirk and spark he has on his eyes everytime he frustrated her. The sharp comments that escape his mouth without a second thought. The crazy obsession of his over gadgets and gadgets and gadgets that for her, are totally useless. Most of all, the fact that he doesn't even bother to say Sorry to her after making her angry.

 

Right, why should I say Sorry to him when he started everything?

 

She turned around and almost jumped out in fright upon seeing an impossibly serious looking Cho Kyuhyun standing right in front of her.

 

"Oh!" she exclaimed, taking a half step back.

 

"Why are you so surprised?" Kyuhyun's eyes narrowed, and she felt like he was sort of examining her. "You seem almost guilty..."

 

"Wh-what?" was all she could say but instead of repeating himself, Kyuhyun answered in a way that surprised her about a gazillion times more...

 

"I'm sorry."

 

Is he saying he's sorry? He's actually repenting for everything he's done to me? Cho Kyuhyun the jerk is actually saying sorry? No wait. Seriously?

 

She blinked thrice trying to absorb the words. "What did you say?" she asked trying to confirm it.

 

"I'm sorry" He said without a second thought, eyes fixed at the ground, a little too pitifully. And with that answer Seohyun was able to confirm two things: that she heard the words correctly, and that Kyuhyun is one hell of an unpredictable person. She had thought that he wouldn't repeat the words again, not for a million years, what for swallowing his pride a second time. She had thought that Kyuhyun is a totally evil person that finds sheer joy over others troubles. But he did. He said sorry and that turned all of Seohyun's beliefs about him upside-down.

 

She doesn't know how to react and what kind of expression she had on her face at that time. She felt like she woud tear up. A contortion of surprise and pity and shock and a little bit of happiness. But mostly shocked perhaps.

 

She opened to say "I forgive you now..." or "It's okay" or anything near that, when the tiniest smirk sparked on Kyuhyun's carefully pursed lips...

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Get on."

 

Sungmin squatted down, his back to Sunny with one hand extended backwards, asking for her to get on for the nth time.

"You're sure? I may be really small but I'm a bit heavy you know" Sunny hesitated. She not only has a huge wound on her leg, she twisted her ankle as well resulting to extreme pain even when she just tries to stand. No matter how well she tried to deny the pain in front of Sungmin, her eyes couldn't hide the hurt; what more because she's so princess-y who is so not used to feeling these.

 

"Don't worry. I may seem small like this but I'm stronger than you think, okay?" Sungmin smiled and she smiled back.

 

Slowly, she climbed on his back; fixing her arms around his shoulders. She let out a yelp as she strained her feet upon climbing. "Don't worry I'm fine!" she blurted out before Sungmin could even breathe a word. Sungmin laughed softly as he carefully stood up straight. He knew she wasn't fine and he knew whose fault it is why she got hurt. And he appreciated the way she kept denying feeling hurt though it is a bit too obvious.

 

"Are you okay there?" Sungmin twisted his head backwards to look at her; her small face just centimeters away from his and she nodded. She couldn't force out a word, not even a yes. His face, his charming features being so close to hers is enough to dry up .

 

He smiled and started to step forward, carefully, gently. "I- it's the first time I piggybacked someone..." Sungmin admitted and she could feel him breathing. She felt sorry for giving him the trouble. Had she not been careless...

 

"It's my fault. I shouldn't have brought you along... and made you do all these" his tone sad. "I'm really sorry you got hurt instead of just sitting in the beach, you know... calmly."

 

"No. I asked to come along. I was the one who slipped. So it's not your fault Sungmin-sshi"

 

He laughed softly "You're very light"

 

"Really?"

"Mm-hm" he hummed "You should eat more-- ah. Wait. You haven't eaten since this morning?!"

"Uh.. The truth is... Well,yeah but I--"

Sungmin picked something up from his left pocket and reached out to her. "Here~"

 

Camote.

 

"Good thing I forgot to put down that one on the sand a while ago" he giggled as she took it.

 

She positioned her elbows on top of Sungmin's shoulders and used both her hands to wipe and take off the dusty purple exterior of the vegetable -she would only eat clean things- and she normally doesn't eat this kind of food but... she's starving. And from the back of her mind... Because Sungmin gave it to her.

 

She noticed Sungmin's bare left shoulder, the ripped sleeve and remembered embarrassingly that it was her fault why it was like that.

 

She bit the bright yellow insides and chewed and swallowed before grinning "It's sweet~" then she pinched a bite and held it out in front of Sungmin "Say ah~" she said cutely before catching herself and feeling ashamed suddenly. "Uh- ah- I mean... You haven't eaten too, right. So here~" she explained desperately and he giggled heartily before opening his mouth to eat it.

 

"It's delicious, right?" she said before biting another one and he nodded. "Yes very delicious" he smiled.

 

It is delicious, indeed. And the two savored both the camote and the moment as they neared the hut.

 

--------------------------------

 

"Gosh! What if that guy does something bad to her? Look he's following her--" Taeyeon reacted rather over worriedly as they watched Kyuhyun follow Seohyun like a creep.

 

"Come on, Taeng. He just looks interested in Seohyun-sshi, doesn't he?" Leeteuk shrugged, smiling like he's watching a romantic film right before his eyes. "Kyuhyun-sshi doesn't look like a bad guy too."

 

"But we don't know him. W-We don't know him well."

"Taeng--"

"After all, we are still strangers with everyone else here. How do you know if they like someone or not?"

 

Leeteuk's eyes expressed confusion and Taeyeon was surprised with her sudden burst as well. The truth is, she doesn't really mind all these other people in the island because they seem really good people. What annoyed her is this man standing right beside her. How they've been together in an isolated island for days and yet there's no progress- both in the aim of getting out of here, and in their relationship -whatever sort it is.

 

How was he able to say that Kyuhyun likes Seohyun... But he couldn't figure out that I like him?

 

She thought about how they had only met Kyuhyun but he's already able to tell that he likes a girl while there she was... They've been friends for so long yet he doesn't realize. The more she thought about it, the more frustrated she got.

 

"S-sorry. I got carried away" she looked down, avoiding his gaze.

"Taeng, is anything wrong?" he furrowed his eyebrows and she shook her head. He cupped her face carefully with his hand and willed her to look at him before repeating "Taeyeon-ah, is anything wrong?"

 

She figured out he wanted an answer and he won't stop until he gets the truth, just by the way he calls her by her real name. "Is it something about this island? Are you scared?"

 

"N-no" she shook her head and looked straight at his eye "It's us"

 

His hands dropped to his sides as he asked "What? What do you mean?"

"Oppa, what am I to you?" she firmly asked. Leeteuk searched her eyes for a clue of what she's getting on but there was none. Her eyes were clouded and dull of emotions.

 

"Taeng, I always felt like you're my little sister, you know that right?" he smiled and patted her head the way a good brother does. "And if you have problems, just tell me. Oppa is here to protect you~"

 

She just nodded and forced out the most realistic smile she could. They've always been best of friends, yes and she might have gotten it better had he answered something like "You are my friend" but he didn't. Now she doesn't know what is worse- friend-zoned or family-zoned.

 

"Let's go back~" he offered and put an arm on her shoulder to show support, being way too oblivious. Like they were in two separate worlds. She just remained smiling as they went back having no more words that she wanted to say.

 

If you have problems tell me. Ha. But what if my problem revolved around you? Would you still be able to protect me against my feelings, eh Oppa?

 

---------------------------------------

 

Kyuhyun was practically rolling on the floor laughing. Literally. When he slightly stopped he muttered "You should have seen your face!" before falling into another pit of laughter. The smirk evolved into a smile then into a grin and finally a loud crackle of laughter when couldn't hold it anymore.

 

Seohyun, on the other hand was busy fighting the urge to step forward and throw Cho Kyuhyun into the underworld where he  apparently belonged.

 

I should've seen it coming. Oh my gosh how could I fall for that one!

 

She rubbed her hand on her face, feeling more annoyed than she had ever felt in her 25 years of existence. She couldn't believe that Kyuhyun was actually just trolling her. No. She could believe that Kyuhyun could do that. What she doesn't understand was how she fell for it. Blame it on his superb acting skills. Ugh.

 

She gritted her teeth and yelled "Yah! Won't you shut up?!" totally controlling her temper unless she'd end up kicking him around on the sand, or burying him alive.

 

Kyuhyun caught his breath, keeping himself calm. "You were about to say something a while ago. I'm not laughing anymore; Say it" he said trying hard to contain himself.

"No! I wasn't saying anything!" Seohyun crossed her arms and turned away from the now sitting Kyuhyun. She walked away, without looking back because she might not be able to endure any longer.

 

Kyuhyun watched her as Seohyun disappeared around the corner. He then extended his legs and laid his palms behind him on the sand for support, lifting his head up. The sky is a plain blue, with no clouds in sight. He stared at it longingly. "I knew it. I really can't do it. You're so stupid Cho Kyuhyun."

 

He sighed. He had ended up laughing first, because, well honestly, Seohyun's shocked reaction did crack him up. But secondly, because he thought that she'll laugh at him for doing it and never make him forget that  embarrasing moment for the rest of his life, or by the least, for the rest of their stay in this island. More so, he thought that he couldn't swallow his pride just like that and lower himself in front of a girl. Who is she anyway. Just some smart lass in this island and there is no way Cho Kyuhyun would lose to a girl like that. So just like that, he was able to take back his apologies.

 

He shrugged. After all, he's played the evil guy role in her eyes all this time. Might as well just go along with it. But a cold wind blew and he realized that even an evil guy like him has a heart. And from the back of his mind he knew...

 

I mean it Seohyun. I do.

 

----------------------------------------

 

Kyaa~ What's this. Kyuhyun's starting to fall for Seohyun? :)) But he wouldn't admit it, not even to himself because he feels that falling (or in this case merely saying sorry) would mean losing. And Cho Kyuhyun just has too much swag to lose. Haha. ;D

 

For all the Hyohyuk shippers, keep calm and watch for the next chapter 'cause it's gonna be filled with HyoHyuk moments.. Hihihi /:)) Comments please! <3

 

But wait... I have to admit that right now, I'm having some sort of a mental block. I don't know. HAHA. I'm stuck writing chapter 20. :(( So please bear with me if I update this a little slower (I know I'm already real slow. SORRY!)... :( Maybe it's because of the semestral break that's why my brain is also taking a vacation. Haha. :) 

 

Ohh and if you could pleasee vote for SUPER JUNIOR here: http://mama.interest.me/visite?s=1351057846129 For all 5 categories that they're nominated in. Pretty please~ Help me put up a flag support for those boys. kekeke. =))) Just tell me if you voted for them USING THE LINK I PROVIDED and I promise to put more moments for the couple of your choice! =))) THANK YOU! ^^