Chapter 9: First love never dies... Or so they say

A Perfect Summer?

 

"We are all girls here, and girls don't fish. We cook, we clean, but we don't fish" Taeyeon was exasperated trying to explain to the determined Hyoyeon and her new found supporter Seohyun why they shouldn't try to catch fish. "But we've got nothing else to do. The boys come back and start building our "shelter", they wouldn't have time to get food, and us? We'll just watch them? We'll starve! We can't live on berries" the smart, open-minded gal countered. Taeyeon sighed. "But how? No fishing rods, no nets, how?!"

"This should make do..." Hyoyeon finshed the last knot on her improvised fishing net made of knotted vines from the woods.

"OM. How did you do that?!" Yoona was wide-eyed.

"How is it that you didn't see how she did it? We were all watching her for the past half-hour?" Jessica rolled her eyes.

"Haha. Sorry, I must be daydreaming again~" she  innocently answered.

Seohyun volunteered to try it out and walked from the shallow part of the ocean towards the deepest one she could handle -the water up to her waist. "Now I'll just wait until some prey passes by" She said glancing around the water like an alert predator.

 

"How had you learned those things?" Sunny curiously asked to Hyoyeon who had actually improvised it. "I grew up in the countryside, we didn't have much modernized stuff then, so yeah you get the point." she shrugged.

"Really?! Where?"

"Mokpo~"

 

Mokpo.

 

Jessica flinched at the mention of the town. The place where everything started... And ended. The others, however, were oblivious to her troubles as they went on with the topic.

 

"You, Sunny-sshi, where were you from?" Hyoyeon turned to her. "Seoul."

"Oh, and Taeyeon-sshi?"

"Seoul too..."

 

"Hmm.. Jessica-sshi how about you?"

She flinched as Hyoyeon then threw the question to her. She had been trying to forget that place, the place that gave her the saddest and most troublesome days of her life; however, it was also undoubtedly the place where she made the best memories. And she couldn't afford to simply bury those moments. Even though that's all what they are now... Nothing but beautiful memories.

 

She inhaled deeply and answered "Mokpo is such a small town, i wonder why I don't remember you"

 

"Oh. Great. Both of you are from Mokpo!?" Yoona was ecstatic. "What's so exciting about that?" Jessica was still as cold.

"I don't remember you as well..." Hyoyeon tilted her head thoughtfully. "Well, to think of it... it wasn't really news; I never went out much and had no friends back then"

 

"You had no friends?" Yoona repeated. Hyoyeon blinked twice, suddenly serious "One. I had one; but I lost contact with him since middle school"

 

"Him?" Taeyeon's eyes narrowed. Hyoyeon nodded, eyes fixed on the ground "But it's been so long..."

"What's his name? Is he cute?" Yoona's doe-eyes were glistening.

 

"I... I don't remember his name anymore" Hyoyeon shook her head.

"Aish. How could you forget the name of the only friend you had?! Gawd! Come on, tell us. You must be kidding." Yoona was  almost furious when Jessica suddenly yelled "Why! Is it so wrong to forget a name? It had been so long, you can't blame her! In fact, don't you think it is such a good thing she was able to forget, if only you knew how hard it is to keep remembering someone who has already forgotten about you!" she blurted out.

 

"Jessica-sshi?" Sunny was just as shocked as the others over Jessica's sudden rant. She sighed, almost embarrased by her sudden rage. "I'm fine. Forget it" she looked at the clouds above, crossing her arms and no one dared question her any more.

 

Hyoyeon bit her lip. She knew Yoona was right... She could never forget that name, the name of the one and only person whom she could show her true self and tell her deepest secrets to. But at the same time, Jessica's words were too honest.

 

To keep remembering a person who has already forgotten about you...

 

It was hard she knew... But she'd still love to remember him, even if it was only a name she could hold on to.

 

That name.

 

Yoo Jihyuk.

 

----------------------------

 

Kyuhyun glanced at his digital wrist watch. 7:47 am. That is, if his watch was indeed waterproof. But there's no way that Cho Kyuhyun would question the quality of his digital stuff. Being the "best" programmer in an IT company, he knew whether gadgets were faulty or not, and he knew that they are almost never faulty. Perhaps, he  has interacted with computers more than people, because the only times he'd "interact" with his workers was when he feels like teasing them. Perhaps, he endeared his gadgets more than nature... For Cho Kyuhyun, the best things in life come digitally.

 

That is perfectly the reason why he has cursed to himself 8 times this morning. He remembered losing his iPad in the Pacific Ocean, and imagining how he'll last a few more days without his first love, more commonly known as Starcraft, is enough to make him crazy.

 

Ugh! he grumbled as he reached the new pile of woods that Yesung made. He stubbornly dropped what he was carrying and slumped back down. Then, he noticed the group of girls chattering over something near shore. Curious, he went to them.

 

"Has a fish got caught, already?" Sunny impatiently asked to which Hyoyeon equally impatiently answered, "For the 7th time, I'll answer you: No"

 

"Hey! What are you doing?" Kyuhyun nodded upwards in greeting.

"Oh Kyuhyun-sshi. Were you finished? Where are the others?" Taeyeon answered, though she didn't answer Kyuhyun's actual question. "Uh. yeah..." He shrugged. "You guys are fishing?" he went nearer to Seohyun who was holding the "fishing net" and upon seeing it he couldn't suppress his laughter.

 

"What's so funny?" Seohyun snobbishly asked.

"I bet you made this huh?" Kyuhyun, still grinning.

"Not really, Hyoyeon-sshi made this. Why?"

"HAHAHA! Nice one. Good luck, I hope you actually catch a fish!" he said sarcastically while turning back. He raised his left hand as a goodbye and walked away.

 

"Remind me not to give him any when we do catch one!" Seohyun said, controlling her temper. She was, in fact, a girl who goes strictly with keeping proper manners.

 

"But Seohyun-sshi~ Uh... Are you sure--?" Sunny was beginning to be skeptical but as if in response, something splashed. Everyone rushed to it, Seohyun ducked down with the net, and to their great pleasure, a fat Marlin tumbled back and forth on the stringed net.

 

Clapping, Yoona congratulated  Hyoyeon and Seohyun who was staring at Kyuhyun's figure which just disappeared around the corner, a slight smirk formed on her face.

 

---------------------------

 

"Hyukjae-ah!" Sungmin called his brother while walking on the way back to their "camp". He turned to look at his hyung and stopped in his tracks to wait for him. "You looked so serious talking with Teuk-hyung" Sungmin started the conversation, willing his brother to tell him what happened.

 

"Uh. No. Not really..." he shrugged but the older remained quiet, eventually making him talk...

"He just told me I'm a playboy"

"Being a playboy..." Sungmin repeated.

"Hyung it felt like he's scolding me! I don't think he ever has the right to do so"he blurted out. If there was one thing he hated most it was to be told what he could or could not do.

"But..."

"He's just..."

"I think he's right Hyuk, it's bad to hurt girls"

"But hyung hadn't you hurt girls too--?"

"That's different! It's not my fault I'm adorable" he defensively answered.

Eunhyuk's brows crossed "You're so full of yourself, hyung"

"No, I'm just kidding. But seriously, I never even dated one. Don't make them fall for you if you have no plans of, you know, getting on a relationship"

"I do get a relationship with them" he countered.

"A serious one?" Sungmin gazed at him and he sighed of defeat.

 

"Come to think of it, do you think you've ever actually... fallen in love?" Sungmin suddenly asked. "What?!" Eunhyuk's eyes widened "Don't you think it's awkward to talk about it in such a place?" he asked.

"Come on, don't avoid the question!" Sungmin nudged him with an elbow.

He thought for a while, the only sounds being their footsteps and the winds "Y-yeah." the answer was barely audible.

 

Sungmin's head turned almost instantly "Really?! Who?! Why is it you never told us about it?! Who is it?! " he was hyper all of a sudden.

 

"Easy, hyung. That was so long ago." Eunhyuk slightly blushed and looked at the ground. "Who is it???" Sungmin was practically bouncing up and down.

 

"I. I never..." He inhaled slowly, "I never got to ask her name" he almost embarassedly answered. Sungmin nearly did a facepalm, luckily his hands were full with the woods. "Are you serious?! How--?! How could that be?!"

"I don't know! I was so stupid and shy, besides it was even before middle school!" Eunhyuk was just as exhilarated.

 

"Middle school? Wait, that was before we transferred to Seoul right?" Sungmin said thoughtfully and the other nodded.

"Hey hyung,"

"Hm?"

"And you?" Eunhyuk suddenly grinned

"What me?"

"Oh gosh... you know?"

"I don't"

"Aish. You've been in love, yeah?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow, his grin growing wider.

"No." the answer was firm.

"Come on, I don't believe you"

"I'm serious"

"Me too, hyung. Don't play dumb"

"I... I really don't think I've been in love" his tone was consistent.

Eunhyuk's grin disappeared as his jaw dropped and he almost threw the woods to the ground. "Seriously?! You're that old yet you..." and his hyung nodded. He scoffed, terribly disapponted, until they finally reached their destination, the group of girls talking to each other by the shore.

 

"Oh. You're back!" Sunny waved towards the two. Instinctively, Eunhyuk glanced at his brother and the sparkling smile on Sungmin's face almost made him laugh out loud.

 

"Fine, I believe you haven't fallen in love yet... But I'm betting you will, before we get out of here" Eunhyuk whispered in his brother's ear before laughing evilly.

 

-----------------------------

You might have noticed that Seohyun loves nature or knows a lot about it, she is also a girl who bides by rules strictly; while our Evil Cho is well, a techie jerk whose world revolves on computers and gadgets and is just so evil. In short, the two are almost polar opposites. Is it really true that opposites attract? Or will Kyuhyun's evilness only irritate  nice girl Seohyun more? :))

Any SeoKyu shippers there? Well that is going to be the outline of the story for that couple. Might give the outline for the other couples in thenext chapters. :))

Thanks for all your greetings!! :)) Subscribe & Comment puh-leaaase? ;D