Chapter 1

A Perfect Summer?

 

"Really, hyung?!" Donghae was overly-excited at his brother's news, almost choking at his food. He has always been this childish, playful kid, being the maknae of the Lee Family. "Yeah. Dad said he has paid the trip in full." The eldest kid of the family, Sungmin, replied. Since their parents work in their IT company based in America, Sungmin took responsiblity of taking care of his brothers since he was 19, along with two housekeepers.

"Hyukjae-hyung is going with us too right?" Donghae sighed. "Since he became a dancer he seldomly comes eat with us"

"Don't worry, We'll pass by Teuk-hyung's bar later to tell him." Sungmin smiled assurance.

Hae gave a faint smile..."But where are we actually going?"

"Some island in the east. Dad said there's some kind of boat at the port to take us there." Sungmin said as he finished his last bite and stood up to clear up the dishes.

 

--------------------

 

The bar was packed tonight, like every Friday night. The bar's rising star dancer just finished performing and Hyoyeon was busy serving the customers their orders. By then, she spotted two guys entering the stainless doors. She thought they looked familiar but shrugged as she realized how could they be when they obviously haven't laid feet on the bar before.

 

She observed as the two scanned the bar and the smaller one pointed towards the backstage, like they were looking for someone. Probably the owner Teuk. Figures. They looked classy enough, the rich boy-next-door types, handsome even. No doubts her co-workers are staring their eyes off at the two boys, giggling.

 

The two went straight to the backstage and round the corner until they were beyond Hyoyeon's sight.

 

She shrugged and went on her way towards the counter, pausing for a while to stare at the poster in front of her... Biting her lip, it was all she could do not to squeal at the hot young figure in the picture.

 

------------------

 

Leeteuk was exhausted... he thought even beyond exhausted. Friday nights always leave him like this, happy and thankful because his business is doing great yet tired... Extremely tired.

 

"Oppa~ you're pushing yourself too much again." He heard Taeyeon's caring voice but he was too tired to even look back at her. He just continued to hang his head low. "Ugh." she sighed. "You're gonna die early from what you're doing to yourself oldie!"

 

It was clear to him what his bestfriend was saying. He had always made himself work too much, he's a workaholic alright. But he can't stop now. No, 'cause he'll do everything to achieve his dreams. He's gonna prove to his dad that there's more to Park Jungsu than just someone who's afraid of him. He's gonna show him that he can stand on his own and have his own huge company. Even if the road is hard, nothing's going to stop him... Not fatigue, not misfortune... Not even love.

 

"Oppa!" He was brought back to reality by Taeyeon's sudden shout. He turned to meet her gaze "oppa~" her dazzling eyes, her sudden gentleness is awesome, he thought. Come to think of it, she's always been awesome. Though a bit pessimistic and cry-baby, she's able to juggle family, friends and career. When he met her during Junior year, she's the first person who told him that he can do it. That he should try and take risks. That she trusted him. "Look. I know why your doing this. You're doing your best to get out of your dad's grip. You've been doing this since college and I know I'm the one who encouraged you to do this but... not to this point." He was struck by the calmness of her voice. "Oppa. Stop doing this to yourself, eh?" And with that, he just found himself nodding.

 

She slowly smiled... "So. Let's go on a vacation?" "What?!" Leeteuk's eyes widened at the sudden words. "But what about the b--" "Sssh!" He was cut short by Taeyeon. "I took care of it. Your sister said she's going to look at it during this weekend. Or if you don't want we could just close it for a while. See, the vacation's just gonna last this weekend. It's just a trip to an island out east, stay in a hotel there and relaaaax ourselves away." She was beaming and even stretching her arms to emphasize on her words.

"Taeyeon, I--"

"Look, Hyoyeon's coming too. We arranged it together 'cause I... I think it's going to be quite... awkward if ... You know. Us two... Well, anyway are you coming?"

"I--"

"Ah~ haven't I told you? ... You're not allowed to say no." With that, she smirked and walked out, leaving Leeteuk dumbfounded as he saw her high-five Hyoyeon.

 

--------------------

 

"On local news, Kim Jo Sun, President of the Kim group of companies, has denied the rumors that had spread regarding his illegitimate sons..."

 

"YAHH! Who do you think you are!!! This girl is my girlfriend!! She's mine!!" The shout of a big man enveloped the whole bar, making everyone quiet... His really loud bellow even overpowered the lady reporter's voice from the AM radio. HE glared discriminatingly at Sungmin.

"Hey! Who gave you permission to shout at my brother!" Eunhyuk shoved the man's shoulders making him face him.

"I don't need permission. He's flirting with my girl!"

"Stop it!! Tell that to your girl. She's the one who keeps on looking at my hyung!! It's not his fault he's attractive!" Eunhyuk countered.

 

On the counter where the radio is placed, the lady reporter continues talking though nobody really listened...

 

"Meanwhile, the Kim group has recently opened another Kim-berlite branch in Ilsan district. Kim-berlite is the country's biggest supermarket chain owned by the Kim group of compa--"

 

"SHUT UP!!!!" The man punched him and Eunhyuk's body hit the counter. The radio crashed down. "Hyung!" Donghae shouted as he and Leeteuk went to support Eunhyuk up. The man turned to punch Sungmin who has been keeping himself calm all this time but seeing his brother, he had no choice but to use his martial arts skills against the huge man. He obviously didn't see it coming as he was easily thrown off bumping against the tables and chairs.

 

As the tension has slowly gone down and the staffs started cleaning up the mess, Sungmin went to his brother. He had been brought inside the backstage with Taeyeon carefully bandaging his injured arm, Donghae obviously worried and an equally tensed and ashamed Leeteuk. "We're sorry for the trouble made by our guests. You must be Eunhyuk-sshi's brothers?" Taeyeon apologized. "Yes." Sungmin replied. "I apologize for the damages. I'll just pay for it." Taeyeon smiled back.

"I'm fine now." Eunhyuk tried to assure her but Leeteuk said "No. It must be hard if you've even made the radio on top of the wooden counter fall. I was about to listen to weather reports when it fell and broke."

 

"Oh! Right. We should know the weather reports for tomorrow." Donghae exclaimed.

"Yah~ Hae. You care about the weather when hyung's lying here injured?!" Eunhyuk's sad tone  and pout made the group laugh for a moment and Donghae explained "It's because of our trip to the east, remember? We just told you."

"You're going to the island trip as well? To the east?" Taeyeon asked. "Y-yeah... You too?" Sungmin answered.

Taeyeon nodded and commented "I sure hope the weather's gonna be nice. It's the first time in years that this old man here is going on vacation." "What old man huh?!" And everyone laughed at Leeteuk's expression...

 

After having bandaged Hyuk's arm, the three went off with high hopes about tomorrow in their hearts.

 

---------------------

Yey, so that's for chapter one. I didn't put character analysis on the description and foreword because the story will somewhat revolve around their personalities themselves. We'll see how they mature, develop, improve or change as the story goes. ;)

For this chap, Sungmin is the caring and loving hyung of a somewhat childish Donghae. Eunhyuk is an aspiring dancer in Teuki's bar. Teuk and Taeng are bestfriends and Hyoyeon works as a waitress in the same bar. So far, those are the characters. (:

Well then, I hope you guys like it... Subscribe and comment please! ^^