Second

Vulnerable

Taeyeon came back to her house, exhausted. Taemin saw her coming and asked, "How's today?"

Taeyeon smiled weakly and said, "Pretty good."
"What happened? Did you had a hard time?" Taemin said concerned.
Taeyeon shook her head and heads to her room, "I'm going in, oppa."

Taemin looked at her weirdly. He then shrugged and threw himself to the sofa.
"Ahh what can I do!" he shouted.

Inside the room, Taeyeon also threw herself to her bed. Her heart is still beating fast because of the first day of school. She closed her eyes.
Calm down. They're not him. She told herself.

≈≈≈≈≈

The second day of school, Taeyeon got herself ready. She looked down, getting lazy to go to school. Then she slapped her own cheeks.
"Lee Taeyeon. It's just the second day. You can do it!" she said to herself.

Suddenly someone knocked Taeyeon's room's door. Her heart beats fast hearing it.

Taemin opened the door and peeked inside. Taeyeon sighed in relief seeing her brother. She loosened up and smiled at Taemin.
"Taeyeon-ah, from now on I will drive you to school," Taemin said. Taeyeon was about to argue when he said again, "no buts, I'm going to drive you. Now let's go!"

Taeyeon pouted but she went out of her room anyway. Taemin smiled in victory and followed Taeyeon to his car. Both of them went in and put their own seatbelts.
"Why did you suddenly wanted to drive me, oppa?" Taeyeon asked.
Taemin gulped nervously before answering, "I'm just worried."
"Hee..." Taeyeon said, focusing on the road again.

It was quite silent in the car throughout the trip from the home to school, but they finally arrived. Taeyeon got off from the car and turned around to face Taemin.
"Bye oppa~ See you later!" Taeyeon said cheerfully. Taemin smiled and waved as Taeyeon walked inside the school.

Taemin sighed and drove away. Who wouldn't worry about this girl.

≈≈≈≈≈

Taeyeon entered her class and went directly to the desk beside Jina. Jina is already there, resting her head on her arms, bored.

"Why do you looked so bored?" Taeyeon asked, curious.
Jina peeked from her arms and stare at Taeyeon for a while. She sighed, "Well because I've done everything, that's why."

Jina continued her nags throughout the morning until the teacher comes in. Both Taeyeon and Jina focused on the teacher until the breaktime bell rings.

They stretched their hands, tired when it's just the first lessons.
"Ah, I'm hungry. Do you want to eat?" Jina asked. Taeyeon nodded hard, she hasn't eaten anything for breakfast. Well she never eat breakfast anyway.

The both of them went to the canteen together. It was in the same floor as their class so they didn't walk far enough.

The canteen was pretty crowded, but they managed to find an empty desk.
"You just sit here, I will buy the food," Jina said. "What do you want to eat?"
Taeyeon's eyes brightened as Jina said that, "Really? I want to eat Set A please."

Jina sets off to the counter to buy her food as well as Taeyeon's. Taeyeon waited patiently when suddenly a shadow came over. She looked up to see Xiumin smiling to her and Luhan beside him. She froze immediately.
"Uhm hello?" Xiumin said to Taeyeon awkwardly.

Taeyeon didn't answer. Instead, she went pale, like the last time she met him. Xiumin panicked and went closer to her. "Are you okay? You're so pale."
"Back off," Jina said from behind. She looked scary but immediately put up a smile. "Excuse us, sunbaenim."
"Jina," Luhan said, glaring at her.
Jina immediately looked at him. She scoffed, "Luhan."

Taeyeon is still stiff in her seat, while Xiumin can't do anything seeing Taeyeon like that. Jina grabbed Taeyeon's hand and pulled her. "Let's go."
Taeyeon got pulled by Jina but her face still hasn't change. Xiumin got worried and asked Luhan, "Why she was so pale?"
Luhan shrugged, "I heard she's afraid of guys."

Xiumin's eyes widened, "Why didn't you tell me earlier? I would do a better job if you have!"
Luhan grinned in response. Xiumin groaned and took a sit in Taeyeon's previous desk. He buried his face in his hands, frustrated. He really wants to talk to Taeyeon, but he himself didn't know why

≈≈≈≈≈

"You should try to control yourself when you met men," Jina said, scolding Taeyeon on the way to the class. Taeyeon looked at her apologetically, and Jina sighed. "It's rare to see that Xiumin interested in a girl though."

Taeyeon raised a brow, questioning what Jina said.

"Well, he is one of EXO, but he never really shown interest to a girl. It's like girls are nothing more than decorations," Jina continued.
Taeyeon got confused even more, "What is EXO?"
"Uhh, EXO is the name we call for the second generation of the best 12 of this school. Basically if you are the best in your field, you can get in. But you have to be chosen, and they will be the best 12 until they graduate," Jina explained.

Taeyeon went 'ooh' and nodded a few times. "Who was that sunbaenim's name, again?" Taeyeon asked.
"Xiumin? His real name is Kim Minseok though. Why?" Jina said, confused about Taeyeon's sudden change.

Taeyeon shook her head. "No...." Taeyeon said hesitantly. "I'm afraid of him.."

 

 


Author's Notes: Chapter 2!! I'm confused over here. I didn't update SH at all and updating this instead but SH keeps getting subscribers hoho thank you to everyone! Give support to this too please <3 and SH's next chapter is actuallly in the drafts already, but please comment so I can keep going TT